GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,807,740 views
I cant help but be optimistic myself. I am so effing excited about this game. I know the standard / premium thing was a small dissapointment. But the rest of the game for me looks absolutely amazing. I cant wait to be ripping around the ring in all those super cars. Watching the sun set in furious GT cars. I am very very impressed by what Kaz has done

I know what you mean.A year or two ago when people were speculating day/night,weather changes,all I wanted was to drive a Shelby Cobra (bought the LE for the car :( ) around the ring at night and in the rain.Apart from clutch and the HUD,nothing else matters now
 
TLDR version: the game is a victim of it's own hype and development time, and expectations were too high for them to reach, so people are discussing that here. All you can do is ignore it, but you wont change anyone's opinions on the game.

New user, long-time lurker here, but I pose a long time a question that as been burning me for quite a while.

If there were no such things as "premium" cars and all cars were thusly "standard", would people care or even notice? I only have good things to say about GT5 because I'm coming straight from GT2 so everything is shiny and new to me.

Side note: How do you pronounce "Chamonix"? I've been pronouncing it "chom-moe-nix" but it can't be that fun to say, can it? :P
 
the game is essentially GT4 in HD with more cars and some new features, that's it

Come on. Seriously? The weather effects? Nightime driving, with realtime lighting effects?

Look at this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dREGCHLhh5c

Can you really honestly say this is just a minor cosmetic upgrade to GT4?

This game is breakthrough software. People have just started taking it for granted because a lot of these features have been common knowledge for a while.

I agree with your central point though, that when it is this long in the pipeline, people's expectations have gotten wildly high, and the sort of discussion we see here is to be expected.

But some of us are looking at the media being leaked from this game, and having complete nerdgasms (and by some people, I mean me!). And it is a bit hard to take the 'debate' about standard vs premium, OMG I can't paint my car fuschia, oh no this one track I used to really like isn't there, etc etc, seriously.
 
Not complaining...just wondering why they obviously removed features when they were already confirmed (shown) Anyone remeber the demo of the rally car with flappy door damage?? where did this level of damage go?:indiff:
 
When I called Logitech they had no idea why anything would work. He did point me in the area to ask a Wheel specialist though. Still waiting for a response.

This link I'm putting up is to a old thread (from that other site) when the G25 first came out. A lot of people were having trouble getting their wheels to work on the PS3. This thread explains what each button does and how to get the wheel to function in GT Games. I think that it would be useful for G25/G27 owners to check out. The only difference between the two being the extra buttons and shifter on the G27.

Link:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...oard.id=granturismo&message.id=290915#M290915
This brought to you by that "Crazy opelgt:crazy:1969 guy"
 
Not complaining...just wondering why they obviously removed features when they were already confirmed (shown) Anyone remeber the demo of the rally car with flappy door damage?? where did this level of damage go?:indiff:

:lol: No doubt man also their is no mechanical damage show, just sit still and chill when we get the game in our PS3 we will finally see the truth. 👍
 
It's probably like this with a lot of games like Halo, Black Ops etc it was a glitch here a glitch there, you couldn't use so and so weapons or you had to buy weapons etc etc. Im gonna still be excited for it no matter what . Did GT4 or 3 have this "standard and premium" thing? No but they still sold millions. GT5 is gonna have a lot of sales and I bet half the people complaining are gonna be the ones at Gamestop for the midnight launch. So please stop the complaining and just race.
 
Biggest mistake people made is expecting GT5 to be GT4 with all the new features included in every single aspect of the game. That's impossible with the limited amount of staff and resource they have.
 
It's probably like this with a lot of games like Halo, Black Ops etc it was a glitch here a glitch there, you couldn't use so and so weapons or you had to buy weapons etc etc. Im gonna still be excited for it no matter what . Did GT4 or 3 have this "standard and premium" thing? No but they still sold millions. GT5 is gonna have a lot of sales and I bet half the people complaining are gonna be the ones at Gamestop for the midnight launch. So please stop the complaining and just race.

Exactly :lol: Its to damn funny around here.
 
I know what you mean.A year or two ago when people were speculating day/night,weather changes,all I wanted was to drive a Shelby Cobra (bought the LE for the car :( ) around the ring at night and in the rain.Apart from clutch and the HUD,nothing else matters now
Exactly. While Ive always loved the high revving NA powered Japanese cars that Gt has been famous for, the supercars are what sold it for me in GT5. The Ferraris, Lambos, Mclaren, AMG. All flying around the same track. Its my dream come to life! AHHHHHHH Hurry up next weeeek
 
I'm just looking forward to nabbing a used FTO and turbo'ing it up the wazoo.
 
:lol: No doubt man also their is no mechanical damage show, just sit still and chill when we get the game in our PS3 we will finally see the truth. 👍

Alot of peoples hype around this game came from what was being shown in demos and trailers. Sound was never really a concern for me until I started playing gtr 2 and how proper engine sounds made racing more intense. There is a huge impovment imo in the final game in car sounds and im happy. I was feeling the same about damage but watching the videos it feels less real when cars collide at high speed and nothing happens...especially when they said and SHOWED it would! I would of been happy with crappy damage instead of no damage. Waiting to see....
 
Exactly. While Ive always loved the high revving NA powered Japanese cars that Gt has been famous for, the supercars are what sold it for me in GT5. The Ferraris, Lambos, Mclaren, AMG. All flying around the same track. Its my dream come to life! AHHHHHHH Hurry up next weeeek

Ive been fantazing about me and a couple of friends having a friendly duel on a custom tuscana track with a bunch of Ferraris, lambos and aston martins while the sun slowly sets and the stars come out one by one... leaving flashes of headlights around sweeping bends and the echo of music coming from some very expensive exhausts...

cant wait...
 
I want to see cars getting covered in dirt on a dirt track. We have only seen this once before - the Ford GT in that promo week one video. I hope it made it to final cut. (For example the damage doesn't seem to have been sorted out in the final game).
 
Ive been fantazing about me and a couple of friends having a friendly duel on a custom tuscana track with a bunch of Ferraris, lambos and aston martins while the sun slowly sets and the stars come out one by one... leaving flashes of headlights around sweeping bends and the echo of music coming from some very expensive exhausts...

cant wait...

I have 2 scenarios in mind:

* Chasing down a very fast friend @ 300kmh+ speeds on the SSR7 =D While my car's turbocharger its blowing at its maximum and the engine is screaming through the tunnels :P

* Chasing the same fast friend in my lime green Lotus Elise in the Nordschleife while the sunset does his magic... epic... epic... epic... 3x epic!
 
Ditto on the SSR7 scenario.
Mine: Gt40 vs Ferrari P4 on the Nurburgring
Mini races on the Eiger tracks / Course creator made winding narrow mountain road.
 
I have 2 scenarios in mind:

* Chasing down a very fast friend @ 300kmh+ speeds on the SSR7 =D While my car's turbocharger its blowing at its maximum and the engine is screaming through the tunnels :P

* Chasing the same fast friend in my lime green Lotus Elise in the Nordschleife while the sunset does his magic... epic... epic... epic... 3x epic!

You have to watch Wangon Midnight, it will really pump you up for SSR7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X74CDef_4Hw&feature=related
 
I really can't bloody wait, going to have 6 people in the house playing together, 4 with wheels.

Going to be LEGEN-wait for it-DERY!

Can't wait to sit down and get the licences going, have all my GT soundtracks on the PS3 ready to play too :)
 
Anyone know yet if online is gonna be as good as we hope? GT5:P was un-playable , laggy as hell garbage.

Online is one of the biggest things I'm looking forward to. PLEASE LET IT WORK
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I really can't bloody wait, going to have 6 people in the house playing together, 4 with wheels.

Going to be LEGEN-wait for it-DERY!

Can't wait to sit down and get the licences going, have all my GT soundtracks on the PS3 ready to play too :)

No doubt this is why I love GT, the career mode on offline is the best so challenge and fun.
 
It's nice to see the Ruf Rgt is back, Love that car. I enjoyed tryin to beat thier time on the complex string, which I did. Happy driving all.
 
I hope you can unlock the Ferrari 599 GTO and Gallardo SL. These are a few obvious supercars that PD should have included. Perhaps they did in the end but I didn't see in the leaked videos 👎
 
I hope you can unlock the Ferrari 599 GTO and Gallardo SL. These are a few obvious supercars that PD should have included. Perhaps they did in the end but I didn't see in the leaked videos 👎

Nor were they EVER confirmed to be in. I don't know why people get pissy about "Why isn't this car in the game?"

There are several dealers in the game. PD mentioned at one point that because of the cheer number of manufacturers, they don't have the time to go to each one and beg them for ages to be in the game, nor do they have the time to include all the car makers who ask to be in the game. Usually, they go to a manufacturer and ask once. If they say "yes" it's in the game, if they say "no" it's not. They don't have enough time to include every single car you want in just 5 years when the cars take 2-3 months to make. Even if there's a couple teams. I mean, They average about 44.4 premium cars a year. That's probably the maximum they can manage. However, at that rate, with GT6, there should be 100-200 more premium cars.
 
HELL YEAH!

Def-o my scenario its totally TXR/Shutokou Battle/Wangan Midnight inspired.

Played those games since TXR1 on the Dreamcast. One of my wet dreams always was to have Wangan on GT... 2 sweet worlds collide :dopey:

Can you imagine 16 of us on the SSR7. :drool:
 
Last edited:
Back