GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,807,220 views
Not complaining...just wondering why they obviously removed features when they were already confirmed (shown) Anyone remeber the demo of the rally car with flappy door damage?? where did this level of damage go?:indiff:

Or the best Buy demo, with advanced deformation.

Remember the scary Ferrari 458?

I was happy with that + mechanichal damage.
 
Or the best Buy demo, with advanced deformation.

Remember the scary Ferrari 458?

I was happy with that + mechanichal damage.

Maybe they got rid of it because of all the people complaining online :rolleyes:
 
Maybe they got rid of it because of all the people complaining online :rolleyes:
And replaced it with something much worse? Yeah, that'll stop the complaining :dunce:
 
Not complaining...just wondering why they obviously removed features when they were already confirmed (shown) Anyone remeber the demo of the rally car with flappy door damage?? where did this level of damage go?:indiff:

Keep in mind we don't know exactly how much the damage level has been set. We might not be looking at full damage, only something at a partial setting.
 
Or the best Buy demo, with advanced deformation.

Remember the scary Ferrari 458?

I was happy with that + mechanichal damage.

Maybe it will turn on for advanced races? Remember on GT site it says: "Damage will be not available for all races". Or it's just licensing issues.
 
One thing I want to ask is how many of you guys have been planning or putting together some series or events for GT5? On my end, I've already got a tentative schedule setup for Season 9 of Super GT when it goes to GT5 as well as trying to bring back the Formula GT championship we had a few years ago. Also if anyone is interested, I'm currently trying to put together some classic enduros from Daytona and Le Mans featuring some older race cars from around the 60s and 70s liek the Ford MK IV and the Ferrari 330 P4 as well as the Group C cars from the 80s-90s :)
 
Woah... for a news topic there are a hell of a lot of rumors and theories flying around in here.
 
Nor were they EVER confirmed to be in. I don't know why people get pissy about "Why isn't this car in the game?"

There are several dealers in the game. PD mentioned at one point that because of the cheer number of manufacturers, they don't have the time to go to each one and beg them for ages to be in the game, nor do they have the time to include all the car makers who ask to be in the game. Usually, they go to a manufacturer and ask once. If they say "yes" it's in the game, if they say "no" it's not. They don't have enough time to include every single car you want in just 5 years when the cars take 2-3 months to make. Even if there's a couple teams. I mean, They average about 44.4 premium cars a year. That's probably the maximum they can manage. However, at that rate, with GT6, there should be 100-200 more premium cars.

Why are you pumping out those figures as if you actually know them for a fact? I don't care if Kaz himself stated that, it's probably not acurate at all.

Look at all those premium Ferrari's in the dealership. Room for one more perhaps? The Gallardo SL is a legitimate supercar of this generation it should be in the game. I always thought the car selection was great in GT games but they kind of dropped the ball here.
 
One thing I want to ask is how many of you guys have been planning or putting together some series or events for GT5? On my end, I've already got a tentative schedule setup for Season 9 of Super GT when it goes to GT5 as well as trying to bring back the Formula GT championship we had a few years ago. Also if anyone is interested, I'm currently trying to put together some classic enduros from Daytona and Le Mans featuring some older race cars from around the 60s and 70s liek the Ford MK IV and the Ferrari 330 P4 as well as the Group C cars from the 80s-90s :)
Sounds good, keep us posted. I hear others on the forum have already started planning enduros.👍

Regarding the latest Nurburgring video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dREGCHLhh5c&feature=player_embedded
Someone please tell me what's up with the track disappearing @ 4:04? :ouch:
I thought it was just a glitch from a bad demo install before, but now it's seen in the final build(if that is the final build)? Im hoping its not, because I can deal with the lack of cars, tracks, views, but this...is NOT cool. 👎
 
Keep in mind we don't know exactly how much the damage level has been set. We might not be looking at full damage, only something at a partial setting.

I was on the "maybe it´s there and we didn´t saw" camp, but after a ton of videos it´s probably just not there.

The czech guys tried to find settings and got nothing. So who knows... you could be right, but i think the odds are not good.
 
New user, long-time lurker here, but I pose a long time a question that as been burning me for quite a while.

If there were no such things as "premium" cars and all cars were thusly "standard", would people care or even notice? I only have good things to say about GT5 because I'm coming straight from GT2 so everything is shiny and new to me.

Side note: How do you pronounce "Chamonix"? I've been pronouncing it "chom-moe-nix" but it can't be that fun to say, can it? :P

I said the same thing. I referred it to as -what PD should have done. Had they never mentioned the two tiers of cars and only stated the two tiers on the game cover, all they had to do was say not all cars have cockpit views and not all are fully customizable. If this was the case, I doubt the feud here would be a big as it is. Mainly because since the game isn't out, we wouldn't know about it.
 
Sounds good, keep us posted. I hear others on the forum have already started planning enduros.👍

Regarding the latest Nurburgring video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dREGCHLhh5c&feature=player_embedded
Someone please tell me what's up with the track disappearing @ 4:04? :ouch:
I thought it was just a glitch from a bad demo install before, but now it's seen in the final build(if that is the final build)? Im hoping its not, because I can deal with the lack of cars, tracks, views, but this...is NOT cool. 👎

In the final game image/videos thread and tekken's own thread, some of the posters are saying that tekken90 has said that glitch is only in replays (which I assume the nurburgring vid is) and does not appear when in an actual race.
 
In the final game image/videos thread and tekken's own thread, some of the posters are saying that tekken90 has said that glitch is only in replays (which I assume the nurburgring vid is) and does not appear when in an actual race.

Thanks dude. I sincerely hope that is the truth.
 
Is anyone disappointed with the tuning parts available? Re this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB2_ZJYdunY

It's so simplistic and lacking any real depth. Also, where's brakes?

Anyone else worried about this?

Kind of a late reply, but i was reading the pages further back.

It´s strange, it has 95% of the parts you can buy on GT1.

I thought they would add stuff.
 
Yeah, this standard car & other things are going to pale in comparison if the full retail game has that track disappearing bug.. that is SERIOUSLY scary.. :nervous:
 
Yeah, this standard car & other things are going to pale in comparison if the full retail game has that track disappearing bug.. that is SERIOUSLY scary.. :nervous:

You know that was not while he was playing it was a replay.
 
Woah... for a news topic there are a hell of a lot of rumors and theories flying around in here.

That what the Internet's for isn't it.:lol:
 
Why are you pumping out those figures as if you actually know them for a fact? I don't care if Kaz himself stated that, it's probably not acurate at all.

Look at all those premium Ferrari's in the dealership. Room for one more perhaps? The Gallardo SL is a legitimate supercar of this generation it should be in the game. I always thought the car selection was great in GT games but they kind of dropped the ball here.

Who's stating what as fact? Seems like you're doing more "random fact" tossing than I am.

And if you divide 222 by 5, you get 44.4 premium cars a year. That calculates to only 3.7 premium cars a month. Obviously, it takes a while to make the cars if only 4 a month are pumped out.
 
CBS video interview with Kazunori Yamauchi. Nice footage of GT5 in the background, looks like SEMA demo. Cars running at dusk, night and rain it looks like :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alit8X8kvZM
[YOUTUBEHD]IVKQ_6zr-q8[/YOUTUBEHD]
 
Last edited:
Sounds good, keep us posted. I hear others on the forum have already started planning enduros.👍

Regarding the latest Nurburgring video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dREGCHLhh5c&feature=player_embedded
Someone please tell me what's up with the track disappearing @ 4:04? :ouch:
I thought it was just a glitch from a bad demo install before, but now it's seen in the final build(if that is the final build)? Im hoping its not, because I can deal with the lack of cars, tracks, views, but this...is NOT cool. 👎

Funny that you mention that because I was watching the snow video with the focus that rolls over.As it is about to land back on its wheels, the ground just isn't there, then all of a sudden just pops up! so it has happened more than this time... hmmm

edit; funny as it is at 4:04 aswell.... hmmmm
 
Last edited:
Yeah, this standard car & other things are going to pale in comparison if the full retail game has that track disappearing bug.. that is SERIOUSLY scary.. :nervous:

Nothing can't be fixed with a patch. Seems like it only happens during replays anyway.
 
Nothing can't be fixed with a patch. Seems like it only happens during replays anyway.

What do you mean by nothing can be fixed by a patch? :odd:
 
CBS guy, amazing interview. Best interview I've seen of him with nicely formed questions.
 
I have 2 scenarios in mind:

* Chasing down a very fast friend @ 300kmh+ speeds on the SSR7 =D While my car's turbocharger its blowing at its maximum and the engine is screaming through the tunnels :P

* Chasing the same fast friend in my lime green Lotus Elise in the Nordschleife while the sunset does his magic... epic... epic... epic... 3x epic!

sounds like theres some magic times ahead, dare I go as far to say memories...

SSR7 got me excited the moment I saw it... for people that say its dull must have no imagination... as you say what could be boring about a bunch of car going flat out. Engines singing at the top of their game... Ive also go that image im my head of being flat out and slowly seeing your rival creeping past you and you knowing your braking is going to make or break on the return straight... dull? boring? no way!
 
Funny that you mention that because I was watching the snow video with the focus that rolls over.As it is about to land back on its wheels, the ground just isn't there, then all of a sudden just pops up! so it has happened more than this time... hmmm

edit; funny as it is at 4:04 aswell.... hmmmm

so races that are quicker than 4mins will be fine then :sly:
 
Funny that you mention that because I was watching the snow video with the focus that rolls over.As it is about to land back on its wheels, the ground just isn't there, then all of a sudden just pops up! so it has happened more than this time... hmmm

edit; funny as it is at 4:04 aswell.... hmmmm

I think that's cause the camera is in the ground pointing up. I think it's different than the ring's glitch but I could be wrong
 
sounds like theres some magic times ahead, dare I go as far to say memories...

SSR7 got me excited the moment I saw it... for people that say its dull must have no imagination... as you say what could be boring about a bunch of car going flat out. Engines singing at the top of their game... Ive also go that image im my head of being flat out and slowly seeing your rival creeping past you and you knowing your braking is going to make or break on the return straight... dull? boring? no way!

I'm watching Wangan Midnight right now, I cant wait to bring my S2000 on the SSR7!
 
Back