GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,809,515 views
I can not beleive that in 8 days I will be playing GT5!!! Anyone know how much money we will start off with?? I'm guessing 18 Grand.

In gt4 you started with 10,000 credits and in gt5p 35,000
We'll probably start with 35,000 credits
 
In gt4 you started with 10,000 credits and in gt5p 35,000
We'll probably start with 35,000 credits

Didn't the first few vids to appear show $20k as the starting amount?
 
I don't expect the G27 to ever be "officially/fully supported" in GT5, but that doesn't mean it won't work. Don't return those G27s over semantics, because neither PD or Logitech will use the words "fully supported" at this point.

The only way we will know the extent of the support for the G27 and its clutch pedal, paddles, all buttons, etc is to actually use the G27 and exhaust the button mapping until someone confirms that indeed it has full/partial functionality.

Now, can anyone actually post hard evidence of the clutch issue we're all excited about?
 
In gt4 you started with 10,000 credits and in gt5p 35,000
We'll probably start with 35,000 credits

In Prologue, you didn't have used cars.
 
No, it is a bad idea because it is bad idea. It is an arbitrary and, quite frankly, stupid restriction on one of the game's features, and one that no other game that I've ever heard of that offered similar features has ever done. It doesn't "encourage" car collecting. It extorts you into doing so by making one of the game's features completely useless unless you do so. What's next? Are we going to have Pokemon-style broken bridges that outright prevent you from proceeding in the game? Like you can't enter certain races unless you buy all of the Skyline variations?

Explain to me why it is better to force you to hunt through the used cars lists for a car in a color approximate to what you want, and then force you to do so again after you repaint one car (you see, that's the real kicker. I could almost understand the point behind it if you kept those colors forever after getting them once, but the way it seems to be is just inane). Explain to me how imposing such ridiculous restrictions is better than, say, offering an RGB map and allowing the player to choose whatever color they want for an in-game fee. You know, like nearly every other game ever made with a repaint feature.

Dude, you're really harshing everyone's buzz.

Do you consider the License tests an "extortion"? Do you howl with dismay and anger when you're forced to buy a certain model in order to complete challenges?

Seriously, take a toke and pass the dutchie on the left hand side. It's a video game, not the birth of your first child.
 
Exactly my words!!! How can this even be possible? And I do not care if it's Logitechs or PDs fault as the first one has been advertising the wheel as if it was supported and PD... well... I've heard nothing official about this from them. One would think this should be something worth mentioning before the release or there will be lots of dissaponted and angry people out there

EDIT: haha, great minds think alike =)

No one is saying that there isn't clutch support, we just don't have the ability to assign buttons since it is not in the menu. There are six buttons on the wheel and if we can't assign them than they will probably have no use like they do know with GT5P I'm sure the clutch will work in game, hopefully.
 
Just got off the phone with logitech and the person I talked to said as far as he knows, the wheel is supported 100% with GT5. He recommended however that I post my concern on their website forum and one of their techs will give me a response. I will post today and let you guys know if the g27 is fully supported. Also for those who purchased the g27 recently, I was informed that you have 30 days to return unopened or not for a full refund.
 
No one is saying that there isn't clutch support, we just don't have the ability to assign buttons since it is not in the menu. There are six buttons on the wheel and if we can't assign them than they will probably have no use like they do know with GT5P I'm sure the clutch will work in game, hopefully.

Although we can't assign buttons, I think that the buttons on the steering wheel will be pre assigned for certain functions like the horn and the lights.
 
So does anyone know if ANY retail stores received their shipment of GT5 yet?

Hey man. I work in HMV in England. Normally we recieve game shipments 2-3 days before release. But in the Christmas period, most of our new releases are recieved a week early to be filed and prepared to go out on the shop floor. So, hopefully i'll have GT5 in my hands a week before release. If that's the case, i'll post in here to let everybody know it's been shipped and recieved. Otherwise, most people wouldn't have got it in stores yet.

Oh ****, I just realised it's almost a week until the scheduled release :drool:
 
So does anyone know if ANY retail stores received their shipment of GT5 yet?
My cousin's workplace will have them in a few days (should be Friday or Saturday). Those were the same days he received Black Ops & HP3 from their trucks.
 
You know, I'm thinking theres nothing really interesting to show for Turismo Tuesday tomarrow. Seems like the leaked videos have pretty much shown alot of the goods.


Edit: Actually after seeing the Mclaren F1 Stealth car, they haven't shown the #20 Gamestop Toyota in action so that might be the one thing they'll show.
 
Nobody bothered to record the Dutch GT5 commercial? Can't find it in YouTube
 
You know what, you have a great point here. Licenses can take time. Depending on how good you are. And you don't get the good cars this soon. It takes time and I am sure they are quite expensive at that. Maybe that's why Sony hasn't gone after him. Hmmmm. Good point. Also I don't think you will have access to the ring this early on.

I'll add another point to this.

In this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s-z5NPUgNE

Someone pointed out in the comments that the track doesn't look updated at all. The grass textures on the roadside repeat every metre or so. Does that sound like PD to any of you guys? It doesn't to me. I mean, they've left out cockpit view on standards because that's alot of work. But it's nowhere near as difficult to update the detail/textures on a track, especially not an important track like Laguna Seca (although this does lend to the theory that they've misplaced importance on original/city tracks over real life tracks).
 
He also say that you can hear the Turbo whistle on both standard & premium cars

NEAAAT :)
 
Will it include Police Car and Fire Truck horns like in DiRT 2?

I'm sure that alot people will be honking them non stop when playing online :dopey:
 
Back