GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,807,740 views
Someone pointed out in the comments that the track doesn't look updated at all. The grass textures on the roadside repeat every metre or so. Does that sound like PD to any of you guys? It doesn't to me. I mean, they've left out cockpit view on standards because that's alot of work. But it's nowhere near as difficult to update the detail/textures on a track, especially not an important track like Laguna Seca (although this does lend to the theory that they've misplaced importance on original/city tracks over real life tracks).

textures repeat??...the entire track is surrounded by grass and sand...of course textures repeat...

Do you think that each foot of grass around the Ring is a different texture?
 
were did you search for brakes is the question! No one said there wouldn´t be brakes!
So there are brakes. Earlier today people were going crazy cause they couldn't find breaks in GT auto tuning.
 
The purists will love the horn Tuning.

The purists will complain that there are not enough octaves available, or that GT 5 is unrealistic because it allows a '70 Mustang to have a 88 db horn when everyone knows that Ford limited it to 86 db that year.

Seriously.
 
So there are brakes. Earlier today people were going crazy cause they couldn't find breaks in GT auto tuning.

They did´t but they didn´t find horns either, because THEY DON´t OWN GT5 THEY ARE JUST COMPLAINING! sorry.
 
Didn't they also confirm that your characters clothes can be changed?

Sorta, it was said that they can be chosen, but apparently, you can't alter them later. But whatever, right?
 
Didn't they also confirm that your characters clothes can be changed?

Considering we've seen someone driving a car in a Takata racing suit, I would assume that's confirmed.
 
If it worked with GT5p then it will work with GT5. It fully supported clutch on the G27 and paddle shifters when they released that 350z challenge GT5 Demo on the PSN
Is this right, I can't remember.
 
Yeah, but knowing PD, they'd make you go down Lombard Street.

Which would be awesome. Fighting 15 other people to get there first. Sure Lombard Street is a bit stale, but it's still iconic.
 
It's kind to call some of pointless complaints "nitpicking", when some of them are just plain stupid.

Repeating Grass textures, really? That's right up there with the Nascar headlights looking painted on.

Honestly, this is the level racing games are at in the current stage in the development of mankind.

Imagining the perfect racing game in your head and then listing all the ways that GT has fallen short is not impressive or difficult.
 
You have no idea what I'm doing. Just stay on topic and allow me to carry out my role in any way I see fit.

Awesome. Keep fighting useless posts with useless posts, that is exactly how mods should act. :rolleyes:

So does anyone know if ANY retail stores received their shipment of GT5 yet?

A few days ago a photo was posted of GT5 editions at an Australian DHL depo. If they are not already in shops, they should be close.
 
It's almost midnight here and then I'll be 8 days away from this game. I can't believe it's so close. The new physics engine has me itching... standards, premiums, whatever, I just want to race cars on fun tracks and that's what this game is giving me.

It's going to be amazing.
 
Honestly, this is the level racing games are at in the current stage in the development of mankind.

Imagining the perfect racing game in your head and then listing all the ways that GT has fallen short is not impressive or difficult.

Abso-🤬-lutely right.

I think the tension is getting people. By this time next week this forum will be unbearable.
 
Abso-🤬-lutely right.

I think the tension is getting people. By this time next week this forum will be unbearable.

True.

It's like a rollercoaster... when people see cool videos or images they are all happy and optimistic, when someone see a flaw in the size of a flea, a riot is started and then the trolls come around and join the riot and we have a complete bad mood in seconds.

It's disgusting.

Well, i'm doing the right thing. Doing my part, being optimistic and seeing by the good viewpoint. I know the game has some flaws (the wheels on standards thingy caught me, really) but I just don't care, I really want the game, I know that besides the minor flaws, I will enjoy the well done parts in their full potential, and a lot of people will do too. About the mistakes, I do believe in patches that will correct this stuff.

At every new picture, every new video I just smile and enjoy. I'm really happy and just can't wait until nov-24. :D

I think we can just fight the bad mood with good mood and attitudes. For every bad thing written, we just pass by and continue to enjoy the forums and keep the mood high.

I'm just telling this because: the game is "ready", complaining NOW will not have effect. It's useless... you can express your opinion, good or bad it'll only change something AFTER the game gets released, if Poliphony hear us and do the patches (I believe for some major flaws, they'll want to correct.

For now, complaining is useless... so, better go in the happy way. Standards are bad, bla bla bla? Don't look at them, keep looking for the Premiums, and thats it. The "X" track isn't here now? Look at the ones that are in the game, and were made in a good way...

Instant happiness... works like that. At least for me.
 
True.

It's like a rollercoaster... when people see cool videos or images they are all happy and optimistic, when someone see a flaw in the size of a flea, a riot is started and then the trolls come around and join the riot and we have a complete bad mood in seconds.

It's disgusting.

Well, i'm doing the right thing. Doing my part, being optimistic and seeing by the good viewpoint. I know the game has some flaws (the wheels on standards thingy caught me, really) but I just don't care, I really want the game, I know that besides the minor flaws, I will enjoy the well done parts in their full potential, and a lot of people will do too. About the mistakes, I do believe in patches that will correct this stuff.

At every new picture, every new video I just smile and enjoy. I'm really happy and just can't wait until nov-24. :D

I think we can just fight the bad mood with good mood and attitudes. For every bad thing written, we just pass by and continue to enjoy the forums and keep the mood high.

I'm just telling this because: the game is "ready", complaining NOW will not have effect. It's useless... you can express your opinion, good or bad it'll only change something AFTER the game gets released, if Poliphony hear us and do the patches (I believe for some major flaws, they'll want to correct.

For now, complaining is useless... so, better go in the happy way. Standards are bad, bla bla bla? Don't look at them, keep looking for the Premiums, and thats it. The "X" track isn't here now? Look at the ones that are in the game, and were made in a good way...

Instant happiness... works like that. At least for me.

That's what I've been doing. I'm hyped for this game. I'll make my decisions on the game after I have it. Not before I have it and looking at YouTube videos.

Nice post!👍
 
True.

It's like a rollercoaster... when people see cool videos or images they are all happy and optimistic, when someone see a flaw in the size of a flea, a riot is started and then the trolls come around and join the riot and we have a complete bad mood in seconds.

It's disgusting.

Well, i'm doing the right thing. Doing my part, being optimistic and seeing by the good viewpoint. I know the game has some flaws (the wheels on standards thingy caught me, really) but I just don't care, I really want the game, I know that besides the minor flaws, I will enjoy the well done parts in their full potential, and a lot of people will do too. About the mistakes, I do believe in patches that will correct this stuff.

At every new picture, every new video I just smile and enjoy. I'm really happy and just can't wait until nov-24. :D

I think we can just fight the bad mood with good mood and attitudes. For every bad thing written, we just pass by and continue to enjoy the forums and keep the mood high.

I'm just telling this because: the game is "ready", complaining NOW will not have effect. It's useless... you can express your opinion, good or bad it'll only change something AFTER the game gets released, if Poliphony hear us and do the patches (I believe for some major flaws, they'll want to correct.

For now, complaining is useless... so, better go in the happy way. Standards are bad, bla bla bla? Don't look at them, keep looking for the Premiums, and thats it. The "X" track isn't here now? Look at the ones that are in the game, and were made in a good way...

Instant happiness... works like that. At least for me.

You guys gotta relax. When a game takes this long to come out, expectations get very high. As soon as rabid fans find out the game actually has limitations, or even problems, well it's inevitable that it's just going to be magnified greatly.

I dont really believe 6 years of work went into this game, not a full team working on it for that long anyway. They were distracted with GTHD, Prologue and the PSP game, but people just think about GT4, and then GT5, the amount of time between those games, so they expect this game to be incredible and mind blowing in every way, and it turns out for many of them it's not what they thought it would be.

That's just the way it goes. People are going to be discussing that here, and it will probably get even worse once people get the game. Ive said before I think many were expecting to be able to dig into the engine and perform an oil change themselves, and well the game is essentially GT4 in HD with more cars and some new features, that's it, and although that may be enough for some, it's not for everyone, but dont let what people say work you up, they are opinions. There's going to be a lot of people that are disappointed in this game, that's not going to get any better, so just ignore it.
 
textures repeat??...the entire track is surrounded by grass and sand...of course textures repeat...

Do you think that each foot of grass around the Ring is a different texture?

Watch the video and look out for the patterns, before trying to be a smart ass.
 
TLDR version: the game is a victim of it's own hype and development time, and expectations were too high for them to reach, so people are discussing that here. All you can do is ignore it, but you wont change anyone's opinions on the game.
 
You guys gotta relax. When a game takes this long to come out, expectations get very high. As soon as rabid fans find out the game actually has limitations, or even problems, well it's inevitable that it's just going to be magnified greatly.

I dont really believe 6 years of work went into this game, not a full team working on it for that long anyway. They were distracted with GTHD, Prologue and the PSP game, but people just think about GT4, and then GT5, the amount of time between those games, so they expect this game to be incredible and mind blowing in every way, and it turns out for many of them it's not what they thought it would be.

That's just the way it goes. People are going to be discussing that here, and it will probably get even worse once people get the game. Ive said before I think many were expecting to be able to dig into the engine and perform an oil change themselves, and well the game is essentially GT4 in HD with more cars and some new features, that's it, and although that may be enough for some, it's not for everyone, but dont let what people say work you up, they are opinions. There's going to be a lot of people that are disappointed in this game, that's not going to get any better, so just ignore it.
and add to the end this...THEY ARE GOING TO BUY THE GAME...just everyone who said if it likes or not.
 
Has there been any conformation that clutch support is present in these leaked copies.I've not really been paying attention to topics as they move so fast.
 
All of the clutch/G27 drama is coming from an alleged conversation with a PD rep (referenced in the linked thread below), and the misinterpretation of the words "officially/fully supported"

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series/G27-and-clutch/td-p/46398041

Agreed. The 25/27 are indeed not "fully supported", as they don't show up in the wheel options video I've seen...whereas the DFGT and 3 or 4 other specific wheels are listed (in Player 1 and Player 2 configurations, way cool) there for all to see.

But whether this means the clutch is disabled/non-working, or what, is pure speculation at this time.

Makes me glad I snagged a DFGT for $40 two months ago, though.
 
I cant help but be optimistic myself. I am so effing excited about this game. I know the standard / premium thing was a small dissapointment. But the rest of the game for me looks absolutely amazing. I cant wait to be ripping around the ring in all those super cars. Watching the sun set in furious GT cars. I am very very impressed by what Kaz has done
 
Agreed. The 25/27 are indeed not "fully supported", as they don't show up in the wheel options video I've seen...whereas the DFGT and 3 or 4 other specific wheels are listed (in Player 1 and Player 2 configurations, way cool) there for all to see.

But whether this means the clutch is disabled/non-working, or what, is pure speculation at this time.

Makes me glad I snagged a DFGT for $40 two months ago, though.
I got a DFGT and G27. I'm pretty sure clutch pedal will not be supported with the DFGT in GT5. :)
 
Agreed. The 25/27 are indeed not "fully supported", as they don't show up in the wheel options video I've seen...whereas the DFGT and 3 or 4 other specific wheels are listed (in Player 1 and Player 2 configurations, way cool) there for all to see.

But whether this means the clutch is disabled/non-working, or what, is pure speculation at this time.

Makes me glad I snagged a DFGT for $40 two months ago, though.

I'll say this my G25 works in GT3,GT4,and GT5P on my PS3 "Fatboy" the clutch only works in GT5P. So I think the clutch would work in GT5. Click the picture to the left of my name to see a large picture on how to set the G25 wheel up. My "Profile page" has others. Feel free to print as many as you like some are even blank.
 
Not yet. All of the clutch/G27 drama is coming from an alleged conversation with a PD rep (referenced in the linked thread below), and the misinterpretation of the words "officially/fully supported"

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series/G27-and-clutch/td-p/46398041


Cheers dude,not sure how much faith I'd put into that dudes post,but hopefully it still supports the G25.
I know why it was cut from the TT,but with no conformation of it being back in i cant help feel a bit edgy.

I'm not expecting (although I'd like) an r-factor experience with it,but for me,it would never feel right without it,unless the car itself doesn't feature a manual clutch.
 
When I called Logitech they had no idea why anything would work. He did point me in the area to ask a Wheel specialist though. Still waiting for a response. Sorry I ment wouldn't work
 
Last edited:
Back