GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,806,627 views
So they don't use whipers or do they equip their cars with them?
For the Montreal race, they red flagged the race so they could install wipers and rain lights in the cars.
 
It is odd than engine tuning is in the "Items" folder along with paint and horns, prety heavily croped image so there could be more things in there or they apear as you unlock them. This is prety exciting news if it turns out to be right.....follow me on this.
Say you win a specific manufacturers challenge, you get your prize money plus a sports cam kit. you can then put that cam kit on your cars, win anouther race series and you unlock say sports brakes.....ect ect If you watched teken90's tuning vid you'll see he has 3 stages of tuning but on the bottom right he has the option to instal a sports/racing ECU......this could point to this system being real

This would do two things, firstly add that "got to get em all" gameplay you see with the cars and more importantly and secondly, limit the amount of tuning you can do to the cars early on in the game, making that inevertuble race where you outclass everything on the track and you might as well be doing parade laps to win.

You could of course take this one step further, aero parts, take the Civic video we all saw, all that was available was rear wings.......maybe winning specific challenges with that car unlocked specific aero parts for just that car?

This would increase the replayability of the game hugely! and add that something special to online races. Look at it like this, your racing online and the guy next ot you is sitting in a civic which looks like it crashed through the front of halfords (every possible bit of gordy extra stuck to it) firstly it would stand out from the rest of the feild and secondly you would know the driver had put a lot of time into that car to unlock all those parts.....

Not my cup of tea and all this is just based on one photo with nothing much to back it up....would be good though!

Well this should mean that of the 1030 cars you have to unlock everything seperatly...?! Well then I am wondering how they fill up the gaps, because lets say I buy a nice Civic like you sad and tune it all the way.
Which will take some time assumeble, but later on you have to buy a new car since the civic hasn't got the required capicity you need. Will this means you have to do some races again? Because in GT 4 you couldn't sell all the cars you want. Like I want to own a car that doesn't outrun a bicycle?
This disturbed me a lot in GT4 and I hope we can sell some cars in the beginning (price cars). I know when you do some Endurance races money ain't an issue anymore, but making your car raceble it would take a lot of time (and credits) to become nr. 1
 
My final, retail copy is in my hands, will try it tonight.

Any INTERESTING request?

Some of the tracks we havn't seen much of yet, so:

(Club / Special) Stage 5
Eiger Dirt trails

👍
 
May have a contact who could be getting me the game by friday, although i would say this is unlikely :( but still hoping for the best.

Plenty of great things to look forward to anyway, just planning on buying an mx5 or something ridiculous and then sticking a turbo on it straight away :)
 
My final, retail copy is in my hands, will try it tonight.

Any INTERESTING request?

Just one post?!?!?!? Weird... No pics nor invoice, no credibility.
 
Well this should mean that of the 1030 cars you have to unlock everything seperatly...?! Well then I am wondering how they fill up the gaps, because lets say I buy a nice Civic like you sad and tune it all the way.
Which will take some time assumeble, but later on you have to buy a new car since the civic hasn't got the required capicity you need. Will this means you have to do some races again? Because in GT 4 you couldn't sell all the cars you want. Like I want to own a car that doesn't outrun a bicycle?
This disturbed me a lot in GT4 and I hope we can sell some cars in the beginning (price cars). I know when you do some Endurance races money ain't an issue anymore, but making your car raceble it would take a lot of time (and credits) to become nr. 1

Hmmm see your point but I would think for tuning parts maybe you unlocked it once and then it's available to all cars, no need to redo that race with every car to get a specific part for it. That way you would only have a full list of parts available towards say half way or three quaters the way through the game and not every part unlocked would be suitable for every car in your garage, all conjecture of course, no proof just that one pic showing the horns and engine tuneing under items. The aero parts thing again is complete conjecture and there absaloutly no proof at all, although it would seem logical at a leap, Say your car is a civic, lets call it a lowe class car, maybe to get all the parts for it would require you to simply complete the lower class races?

The important thing though is whats in the engine tuning folder in the items section? how do you get them and what imact dose it have on game progression?
 
Be interesting to know the global sales figures are the day before game releases.
 
Hey so is there any other countries out there that have a SEVERE shortage of DFGT wheels? Ive had mine on order for aaaggeesss, and when I placed my order the shop itself had a number on back order. Are logitech struggling to meet the demand worldwide, or is it just in my back-end of the world country?
 
If you've watched the Gallardo video from tekken90, you'd notice the damage is unrealistic when he hits the wall at max speed. But in the Best Buy demo, the damage is much more accurate. Both are premium cars. Still looks funny, but we won't know until we get the game next week.

Standard cars - Dents, scuffs, dirt

Premium - Real time damage

Something is definitely weird.

You were nearly right :)

Standard physics- Dent's,Scuffs,Dirt

Professional physics- Real time Damage+Dirt

I thought this was clarified ages ago?
 
So you're saying they purposefully made this GT5 not as good as it can be just so that they can say "Oh hey, look at GT6, its better than GT5. Please ignore the fact that we took stuff out of GT5 on purpose in order to make making GT6 better easier"

PD, you've done it again 👎


Well if GT5 were to be better than GT6 they wouldn't make any money?

Poor old Kaz has got Sony and us GTfans breathing down his neck. Sony for money and us GTfans for content, so theres got to be a line drawn. I'm sure Kaz would love to put loads of great stuff in GT5 for the fans, but I would think pleasing Sony comes first, as they pay the bills.
 
Just one post?!?!?!? Weird... No pics nor invoice, no credibility.

Everyone has to have a first post.

Some people on here seem to be keen to instantly judge people and jump down their throats, which is understandable for those people who spam with 'old' videos and news. But for someone making their first post or posting something they haven't seen before and thinking they are bring something to the table, it's not very friendly.
 
You were nearly right :)

Standard physics- Dent's,Scuffs,Dirt

Professional physics- Real time Damage+Dirt

I thought this was clarified ages ago?

I thought it was clarified that there are no standards and professional physics.
Thats great news thanks Scud.
 
..sorry but at the beginning ... is not the Nordschleife? ..it seems to me.. but on official track list is only reporting day/night transition... ..this rain?

 
Everyone has to have a first post.

Some people on here seem to be keen to instantly judge people and jump down their throats, which is understandable for those people who spam with 'old' videos and news. But for someone making their first post or posting something they haven't seen before and thinking they are bring something to the table, it's not very friendly.

I know, I know, but I don`t like that people lie to us. I can assure if I get the game, I would take a picture, I will give to the forum all the data I could. Store, country, etc etc...And I will introduce myself. Maybe he cannot or he doesn`t want to answer to the simply questions the people ask.
 
..sorry but at the beginning ... is not the Nordschleife? ..it seems to me.. but on official track list is only reporting day/night transition... ..this rain?
Nurburgring 24H is also listed as a weather track ;)
 
I just wanted to introduce myself as i've been following this thread daily since the last delay was annouced.
I am Jimmy, 34 from Amsterdam
I Just wanted to say that this community is wonderful. The debates, complaints, praises etc really shows the amount of passion felt by everybody in this community for this game. it's addictive to keep on reading, and new pages are added quicker than i can read them. EPIC. :)
I have already ordered the GT5-PS3 bundle, and can't wait to get started.
See you guys on the tracks.

J
 
Horn Upgrades?!?!?! Oh yeah!! they better have that Mexican horn that you hear on old beaters in the states... :p That would be great!! Passing on the straights while racing! :lol:

If the Vuvuzela isn't an option I'm taking the game back!
 
I just wanted to introduce myself as i've been following this thread daily since the last delay was annouced.
I am Jimmy, 34 from Amsterdam
I Just wanted to say that this community is wonderful. The debates, complaints, praises etc really shows the amount of passion felt by everybody in this community for this game. it's addictive to keep on reading, and new pages are added quicker than i can read them. EPIC. :)
I have already ordered the GT5-PS3 bundle, and can't wait to get started.
See you guys on the tracks.

J

welcome to GTP
 
I have two questions for you hardcore fans.

What is the difference between a stealth car and a "regular"?

Any news on endurance races?
 
If anyone wishes to add me for races on gt5 when its out or even for black ops while im waiting my psn name is "spiike" Thanks :)
 
I have two questions for you hardcore fans.

What is the difference between a stealth car and a "regular"?

Any news on endurance races?

Stealth car's are bonus cars you get with a pre-order, they have increased power, aerodynamics and are lighter. Plus they have a carbon fibre outside.
 
I have two questions for you hardcore fans.

What is the difference between a stealth car and a "regular"?

Any news on endurance races?

I also want to know this because I have 2 stealth cars unlocked when I get my the game!
 
Back