GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
my question was if the Disco Volante will be i GT5 or any other racing game
prety cool that i get an answer :)👍

Ah okay, thanks, and it's indeed pretty cool you've got an answer. ;)

That being said, it could mean that they're currently trying to get it in GT5 (or 6) and not necessarily mean development work by PD has begun nor that it'll appear at all, just being cautious for now.

Ah okay, thanks, and it's indeed pretty cool you've got an answer. ;)

That being said, it could mean that they're currently trying to get it in GT5 (or 6) and not necessarily mean development work by PD has begun nor that it'll appear at all, just being cautious for now.
yeah right it could mean "we are trying to get into GT5" or "PD members are allready here and making pictures" :lol:
but like i said i cant find a picture from the car with that angle so maybe there are done with the work
sry for my bad englisch

Last edited:
yeah right it could mean "we are trying to get into GT5" or "PD members are allready here and making pictures" :lol:
but like i said i cant find a picture from the car with that angle so maybe there are done with the work
sry for my bad englisch

That photo looks to be a fake or being photoshoped. I haven't seen such a background in any of GT5 photos (even commercials, trailers, promo and etc).

Wow. I just saw the picture of that car, and if it's real (being cautiously optimistic), this "leak" is just another reason why I come here every single day.

That photo looks to be a fake or being photoshoped. I haven't seen such a background in any of GT5 photos (even commercials, trailers, promo and etc).
i would say its the same background just a bit different
maybe its GT6:lol:
but the picture from the Volante is cut off
Chevrolet-2014-Corvette-Stingray-Final-Prototype_73front_Red-640x360.jpg

1174134858.jpg

i would say its the same background just a bit different
maybe its GT6:lol:
but the picture from the Volante is cut off

In my eyes, that looks to be a GT5 background similar to the Corvette C7's background, just brighter? Looks promising though, cause the car looks close to GT5's car models. But if that's from GT6... :drool: lol

In my eyes, that looks to be a GT5 background similar to the Corvette C7's background, just brighter? Looks promising though, cause the car looks close to GT5's car models. But if that's from GT6... :drool: lol

All official photos of DLC cars have got THE SAME background. This in Disco Volante's picture is different. It doesn't come from PD, so it obvious it must be photoshoped but I wish I were wrong;)

EDiT: I've checked them all and some tints are different (Disco Volante is similar to FR-S, VW). But the "mist" in every DLC photo is not so smooth as it is in the photo of Disco Volante. Pixels are easily visible in conrast to the mist in the background of Disco Volante.

Last edited:
i think we should start a new thread about this car!

No need for that yet, what does seem a bit odd is that most other pictures I've seen of the Disco Volante 2012 concept (other than being from a different angle) all have darker tinted windows aside from a few renders of that car.
So I'm fairly certain the picture with the GT-logo is a render, that's not saying it's a legitimate GT-render by the way.

All official photos of DLC cars have got THE SAME background. This in Disco Volante's picture is different. It doesn't come from PD, so it obvious it must be photoshoped but I wish I were wrong;)
her is one thats looks more blue than grey(like the Volante)

8004350746_d6c23cccd4_o.jpg

more grey

and again mor into blue
1174134858.jpg

i know its not "blue" but im collor blind :crazy:

her is one thats looks more blue than grey(like the Volante)

8004350746_d6c23cccd4_o.jpg

more grey

and again mor into blue
1174134858.jpg

i know its not "blue" but im collor blind :crazy:

Yes, I saw it too after checking all DLC pictures. But the "mist" in Alfa's photo is different, is smoother (pixels are barely discernible) than in the rest of pictures.

Yes, I saw it to0 after checking all DLC picutres. But the "mist" in Alfa's photo is different, is smoother (pixels are barely discernible) than in the rest of pictures.

The Volante does not look rendered in GT5. Every DLC that was incoming looked rendered into Gran Turismo. There hasn't been any real signs from Polyphony Digital's office and the word isn't swirling around on other sites as expected. How would the person who leaked this info get ahold of it? That is what I would like to know.

EDIT: The supposed email that the guy posted.

s1s12utagupb.jpg

Yes, I saw it too after checking all DLC pictures. But the "mist" in Alfa's photo is different, is smoother (pixels are barely discernible) than in the rest of pictures.
I was thinking about that and I think it's because it's cropped. And it's a short car. If the top of the picture ISN'T cropped out, then I doubt that's GT. The camera angle too. It isn't low, it's high. Isn't it? If it's considered to be a GT photo, then why would it be angled/cropped like that? If it isn't angled, why is the smoke so smooth? The lighting looks too normal. In the GT5 photos, the lighting looks aggressive I guess. I was hopeful at first sight. :/

The bumper of the car for crying out loud. No reflection of anything, no light. Imo it isn't GT.

Last edited:
The Volante does not look rendered in GT5. Every DLC that was incoming looked rendered into Gran Turismo. There hasn't been any real signs from Polyphony Digital's office and the word isn't swirling around on other sites as expected. How would the person who leaked this info get ahold of it? That is what I would like to know.

EDIT: The supposed email that the guy posted.

s1s12utagupb.jpg

The email of the sender is genuine.

http://www.touringsuperleggera.eu/en/contacts.asp

Let someone else contact them and confirm or deny the appearance of the Disco Volante in GT5;)

If PD decided to use the licence like I said only pd can confirm a car coming to gt5.
Yes, but maybe the guy just said too much. GT5 or GT6, whatever it would be great!

I presume that in a licence is stated for which projects it is obtained or for what period of time.

challengerrt10
Yes, but maybe the guy just said too much. GT5 or GT6, whatever it would be great!

I presume that in a licence is stated for which projects it is obtained or for what period of time.

It would be great if it was but until I see official statements from pd it wont be confirmed in my eyes.

challengerrt10
For now it'd be better if someone else emailed them and confirmed whether this rumour is grounded or not;)

Maybe to get a idea but as stated only pd can confirm whats coming to gt5 or 6.

We will see how this pans out I do hope its true.

It would be great if it was but until I see official statements from pd it wont be confirmed in my eyes.

Just remember... we all have seen things like this before.

SpartanUK just recently came in with details surrounding the new C7 way before our eyes were able to communicate with our brains.

Now while I am cautious, I always have given people benefit of the doubt since Amar came here years ago with his cryptic GT5 messages.👍

maxpontiac
Just remember... we all have seen things like this before.

SpartanUK just recently came in with details surrounding the new C7 way before our eyes were able to communicate with our brains.

Now while I am cautious, I always have given people benefit of the doubt since Amar came here years ago with his cryptic GT5 messages.👍

We will have to see.

Dont get me wrong I would be happy if its true but I prefer not to keep my hopes up.

Great post Jak, much appreciated addition to community.

Sadly, it will be drowned in the sea of irrelevant chat, but if that means anything to you, I had it bookmarked for future reference 👍
:D That's AWESOME. I appreciate it.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43990830&postcount=84

I have that bookmarked for the talk about TT and the gist of how it was made. 👍 Thanks A LOT for that one by the way.

Ok you definitely smacked me good with that post. That looked like a lot of hard work, thank you.

The problem, as I see it, is not how hard Kaz and PD work. It is the decision-making processes that seem to go on at PD's highest levels. Yes, working super hard to achieve 1080p at 60fps is great- but what are we to do with such visual splendor? Take photos? C'mon. We have a REALLY limited A-spec experience- which should be the meat of the game. A.I. characteristics are adjustable in Arcade? And even then we, the customer, have to do a ton of trial-and-error testing in order to get a good grid of competition cars to race against? And even after all of that you basically need to set-up your car to battle the mid-pack instead of the lonely rabbit-chase to try and win? All while not earning XP, money, or any sort of reward? Can't even refresh the UCD with these arcade races- so it's a bit of a joke. Arcade should NOT hold the best racing experience in GT5. (And don't even try to say "go online" ok? Waterbug, quantum-particle behavior of my opponents is certainly not teaching me any real-life racing lessons NOR is it any fun)

30+ car modellers compared to 2 A.I. programmers is another PD decision that we are dealing with. This game makes Sony hundreds of million$ in profit. If some of that boundless profit is not being re-invested in the company (like hiring more programmers) then I don't need to explain who suffers. Hopefully since the big office-move to Fukouka, they have hired some more people, and we'll see the results in GT6. Betting my paycheck on such hopes, though, would be a bit of a risk. This is the reason that some of us spend time and energy making posts about PD's flaws. We just want someone in there to see it and hopefully suggest improvements- because most of the flaws are simply decision-based. Very fixable stuff.

:nervous:
First Paragraph - haha believe me, there are too many things about GT5's offline and gameplay in general that I HATE. Only with the updates have some things, including loading times, improved. A heck of a lot more came than that, but just saying.

Second Paragraph - +2 AI programmers? Well, there's more than 30 car modelers by now. Closer to 100 than 30, really. They weren't ever going to be selling us DLC on a consistent basis or make as good of choices as Turn 10 make with theirs. Some big things that they could have done through updates won't be making it into GT5; most major changes/fixes (Eiger Nordwand Reverse w/ Weather, where are you! Seriously, THAT'S a simple fix. It isn't even a fix.) were intended to be "fixed" for GT6 from the start - like A-Spec races and updating the Standard cars into Premiums. Kaz has power, but not as much power as some of these guys like to think I make it sound like. By this I mean that not everything is dictated by Kaz; there are ALWAYS outside forces that'll make things more difficult than they should be (in our eyes).

With how many updates we've received for free - content and feature-filled or not - you'd think Kaz would give us any and every Standard-turned-Premium car as they're completed. The Jaguar XJR-9 was the only Standard/Premium to be in the DLC packs. You think he didn't hear the feedback pertaining to that car alone? I mean, there was a good GT mixture of cars in that pack, but he MUST have heard how pissed people were (it's only one car, I don't care) about having to pay for a car that was already in the game. I see their point-of-view, but don't they understand how much time was spent remaking that one car? Now it looks to me that we have to wait for GT6 for even some of the Standards to be higher quality with interiors detailed. I wouldn't have any idea what to think had it not been for the XJR-9 debacle (there's really no right or wrong argument when it comes to that).

You're saying the problem is the decision-making. GT5 is an eight year long-standing problem. That's why I was trying to point out how we're not out of one game yet and some people think GT's doomed for the future or simply heading in the wrong direction. What if there were no updates? What would they think then? I probably wouldn't be "playing" :) GT5 still. I say that, because I presume people are basing their outlook of GT's future on the updates alone.

With the advent of PS3, are there any concepts that have you've been dreaming about for years that, with the new technology, can now be brought to fruition? -
Kazunori Yamauchi: Though difficult to explain in detail at this time, perhaps I can share the possibilities in an abstract way. The PlayStation 3 is the first piece of hardware allowing photo-realistic computer graphics, and is the first game hardware that can perform calculations for physics simulation to the level of our satisfaction. With a matrix of such elements, a new world of entertainment is about to unfold. This is the beginning of a world, different to that of what we have called "games" up to today.
This is what makes me think of GT5 as a starting point that is LIKE (but not totally) the first GT. You (They) will understand what I mean by that or you (they) won't. I don't care. I'm tired of spelling it out to them (not you).

Hey, just voice your complaints without sounding like we deserve it; I say "We" because we're all speaking for each other, I'm not special. It's this piggish way of complaining that some people have that makes us "PD/Kaz-apologists" look like ALL we're doing is being defensive. There are ways of getting your point across without doing the ol', "HAHA HAHA, classic PEEEDEEE. Give us more A-Spec races (through updates). GT6 better have more MOAR MORE!!! Don't fix what isn't broken."

The "don't fix it if it isn't broken" mentality would have made GT obsolete by now. The PP system, it has been a bust for the most part. It's through trial-and-error that they are able to have everything run as they do now. When we received the first update that came with the first bug, would it really have been better leaving that aspect alone completely, at least until GT6? It's one of many things you have to think about when ranting about how underwhelming of a job PD is doing (which is complete BUULLLLL).

This will speak for itself, I hope.
The PSP version’s been a long time coming. What challenges has it posed?
There were a lot of obstacles: the small screen, the lesser CPU power, the lower graphics processing power, and the small amount of memory. We went through and checked out a lot of the other racing games on PSP, and there’s not a single one that lives up to the Gran Turismo quality. We had to work very hard to get it to that level.
Eurogamer: Gran Turismo PSP has been in development for a really long time. Can you explain what stretched development out and how the game has changed over that time period?

Kazunori Yamauchi: We first made the announcement in E3 of 2004, so [laughs] it's been five years. Since then we've released GT4, Tourist Trophy, GTHD and GT5 Prologue. Of course we were always working on the PSP version a little bit at a time, but every time we have one of those releases it's affected by that new title. So this is a software that was born in between GT5 Prologue and GT5, and it's affected by both of those titles.

Eurogamer: In return, does it have any kind of knock-on effect on how GT5 is coming along?

Kazunori Yamauchi: I don't think there was a direct effect, but I do believe that the development team really gained experience in streamlining displaying graphics on a very small space and also how to manage memory when the amount of memory available is very small. That sort of experience is something that was gained by the team.

And you know, this is the first time we've developed a portable game, and I think there is an effect on how we see games, and how we understand videogames.
amar212 :D
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7321296#post7321296
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7218043#post7218043

They're still optimizing GT5 through updates for everything - tweaks to the graphics and physics, online, continually supporting the steering wheels that we own and even if it isn't a "high-end" steering wheel. Adding major content or features through an update isn't likely or smart from a business perspective. Kaz's workaround for that was the Seasonal Events addition ONLY a month after the game released. Ok, yea, the Seasonal Events aren't what I usually want. There are too many cars that I haven't used in them because of the unfortunate, consistently the same PP limitations, although it does look like they're getting better. No developer is perfect, but at least PD is still going at it using the same philosophy which we all know and love. PD, please be yourself :).

Last edited:
PD, please be yourself :).

But if the flaws of GT5 are a result of PD being PD, would you still want them to be themselves?

Fortunately, I think most of the flaws/problems are due to poor choices made in the design stage, not a lack of ability on PD's part. This alone is why I'm cautiously optimistic about the Gran Turismo future. They just need to focus on the core of the game and once that's 100%, start playing around with B-Spec/Photo Mode etc.

I also agree that GT5 is like a "stepping stone" in the series, which is why I sincerely hope GT6 is released on PS3.

Back