GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
I didn't say anything about them lying about dates specifically, did I? Nope. Maybe you assumed I was talking about release dates because you know subconsciously that it's not that far off base...but it does go way beyond release dates.

Usually when someone mentions Sony and their "lies", it reffers to the release dates.

If you are denying any lies from Sony and/or PD, you are in complete denial.

So I'm denial for something I still don't recall? Again, I question your point and now the fact that your pinning "denial" on me if I'm denying what I don't know just further confuses me, especially since I don't recall denying anything.

Last edited:
So i'm continuing the NFS demo, it has custom soundtracks:tup: but this demo does not support the g27 at all 👎 the gt5 demo seems like prologue compared to the NFS demo

So i'm continuing the NFS demo, it has custom soundtracks:tup: but this demo does not support the g27 at all 👎 the gt5 demo seems like prologue compared to the NFS demo

Off topic: I'm downloading the demo right now.

"Gt5 was avalable and I can confirm, not ugly but a lot of aliasing et absolutely no speed sensation."

:scared:

I think some peoples must stop to play in rear view and stop compare speed sensation from GT5 with NFS Shift, Hot pursuit or Ridge racer etc...

We will probably get a date on the 3rd of November i guess.
Could someone remind me how long have we been waiting for it now?

"Gt5 was avalable and I can confirm, not ugly but a lot of aliasing et absolutely no speed sensation."
I think some peoples must stop to play in rear view and stop compare speed sensation from GT5 with NFS Shift, Hot pursuit or Ridge racer etc...

Visually the speed is realistic, that would never change.
💡
What could be fun for the future would be a hydraulic racing seat. Like a miniature GT Audi TT, but more advanced to simulate G's. If a seat along those lines ever hits the market, I would buy.:cool:

Sooooo..... Are any of us still expecting to even hear the official release date before the end of the month anymore??

It can happen. But as I said many times before, I'm really expecting it too be at SEMA when the new date is released.

March 8, 2011 in the US. I can feel it. If that's the case I'll sell my ps3, but i can feel it. It kinda burns.

Kaz will want to fix the framerate. They'll be localization issues, bluray issues. Newly discovered bugs. Other random things.

Last edited:
absolutely_nothing_road_sign_lg.jpg

Replace miles with pages for a still very conservative estimate......

It's funny how the number of pages exceeds the number of years A.D

It's funny how the number of pages exceeds the number of years A.D

I've been paying attention to that. My original guess was that, the moment they announce the release date, we could take this thread page number and it would be the year the game would be released. I might stick with it.

But if i had used that logic back at e3, the game would have been released over 1200 years ago!

800 AD, December 21 - Gran Turismo 5 is released
800 AD, December 25 - Pope Leo III crowns Charlemagne as Emperor of Rome.

Last edited:
I'd say that it's likely to be released during the first week of December, although I don't seem surprised by the fact that some people think it wont be released until next Christmas.

I don't think it's gonna take until next year just to press the game onto a Blu-Ray. My guess is, they'll meet their Holiday 2010 release date, whenever it is lol.

I'd say that it's likely to be released during the first week of December, although I don't seem surprised by the fact that some people think it wont be released until next Christmas.

Some how, I feel that with this recent news blowout from PD with the X1, it just shows how close this game really is. I mean if it were going to come out next year, surely we would have been left in the dark until then?

OH and come on! They had that GT5 release date event thing going on?! Oh and theres that Sony promotion that guarantees GT5 by Christmas?!

Ok, and? Did the game release in March like it was supposed to? Is it coming out Nov. 2nd like they said it would? Did they give us a new date this month like they said they would?

Yeah however, they will always have the upper hand, they make the game, If they say it will be here by the end of Christmas, then that's what we should logically go by.

Why make up stuff, all I keep hearing is 2011.

Fine ill have a go. January 2012... I can feel it...

The point is everyone needs to stop making these irrational dates for this game, its just a game, stop losing your rags over it.
If Sony/PD say it'll be out by Christmas then that's what I'm going by.

Yeah there's a chance it won't happen, but why did we all believe them when they said March this year or November this year? Because it was from the publisher, and it wasn't some random persons guess.

Yeah however, they will always have the upper hand, they make the game, If they say it will be here by the end of Christmas, then that's what we should logically go by.

Why make up stuff, all I keep hearing is 2011.

Fine ill have a go. January 2012... I can feel it...

The point is everyone needs to stop making these irrational dates for this game, its just a game, stop losing your rags over it.
If Sony/PD say it'll be out by Christmas then that's what I'm going by.

They didn't say it would be out by Christmas, they said they "expect" it'll be out by Christmas. Sony/PD are not good with dates, i think this is established. They said it would be out November 2.

Talking about the X1,it's a brilliant car, with interesting observations:
Firstly, if you look at this picture in this file (a still taken from this Youtube Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvxMEOO4a_E),you'll notice the G-force bar. Now the G-Force measurement has gone off the scale and,realistically,not many people can resist that (i'm guessing that's about 8G+).
View attachment 73967

I'm also predicting that,in order for this car to go around the corners quickly and accurately,that it wears out the tyres faster than an F1 or LeMans Car,which is a potential drawback.

Besides that,like I said before,it's a great car.
Another thing,how much woud it cost? (i'm guessing about 8-10 million credits)

Back