GT5 Master Car List (NOT a wishlist - Please read first post)

• Thread starter The359
  • 4,770 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just searched it on google, and saw that somebody actually requested that (the WW2 buggy) in the Car Wish list way back in early 2009. I can bet they never thought it would actually make it :lol:

Just searched it on google, and saw that somebody actually requested that (the WW2 buggy) in the Car Wish list way back in early 2009. I can bet they never thought it would actually make it :lol:

The one in the trailer looked nothing like an Atom so it's not the Wrightspeed.

The one in the trailer looked nothing like an Atom so it's not the Wrightspeed.

I'm going to hazard a guess you meant to quote me?

I know it's not the Wrightspeed X1 - and no Atom has been modelled (I had a... private word with Kazunori about it). That's why I said "Which may cause Sony yet another legal problem..." - they're including a car of their own design with the same name as an existing and trademarked car. Dodge encountered a similar problem, which is why the Mk3 Viper was sold as the SRT-10 in Europe and not the Viper.

I'm going to hazard a guess you meant to quote me?

Nope.

I know it's not the Wrightspeed X1 - and no Atom has been modelled (I had a... private word with Kazunori about it). That's why I said "Which may cause Sony yet another legal problem..." - they're including a car of their own design with the same name as an existing and trademarked car. Dodge encountered a similar problem, which is why the Mk3 Viper was sold as the SRT-10 in Europe and not the Viper.

But thanks for the info.👍

Hardly. Here are the real-life colors:
Screenshot2010-09-15at103949AM.png

In the demos, it's available only in Nero Noctis, Bianco Monocerous, and I believe Giallo Halys.
Yep, & those are just the "standard colors". The Ad Persona Program allows for any color.
No, not the 560-4.
It does as well.

Full Color Table here.
http://www.lambocars.com/pnt/ppg.htm

If it isn't here, as said, the APP will paint the car in your color.

The person you quoted was talking about the Kubelwagen. I said the stuff about Wrightspeed.

Where have we seen it said that the X1 is labeled as Wrightspeed?

The X1 reminds me of the cars entered in this, the Japanese F20 series.

Spec monocoque and tires, but open engine and aerodynamics regulations.

EDIT: I guess you mean that Wrightspeed own the name X1, and Polyphony shouldn't be using it. However, I have a feeling BMW filed for that name before even Wrightspeed

Last edited:
Err... it hasn't? That was the point. Sony/PD including a car of their own design with the same name as a trademarked car name.

Wrightspeed X1 - Electric prototype based on Ariel Atom.
RBR/PD X1 Prototype - Relaxed rule LMP-based prototype.

Potential legal action ahead. Again.

I don't think Wrightspeed would have much claim, as BMW has their own X1.

There seems to be a VW T1 Bus in the Kubelwagen shot too!

Looks like it, but not adding it until we get a clearer shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
So then, wouldn't BMW have had a fit by now with Wrightspeed using the X1 name? Really confused on this. That reminds me, aren't their many Car names that are repeatidly used by more them one Manufacterer? If I recall, both Porsche and Peugeot have a Race car named the 908.

I believe the words "may" and "potential" still mean today what they did yesterday?

Also, the Wrightspeed X1 is a prototype. The RBR/PD X1 Prototype is... a prototype. The BMW X1 is not.

"X1 Prototype" instantly makes me think of Wrightspeed. If Wrightspeed feel that they can prove this, there may be grounds for legal action.

I highly doubt Wrightspeed has a copyright on the name "X1 Prototype". Although technically BMW did have the "Concept X1".

I highly doubt Wrightspeed has a copyright on the name "X1 Prototype". Although technically BMW did have the "Concept X1".

I highly doubt that Sony/PD would go ahead with including things in their game that they don't technically have a legal right to.

Siena felt otherwise.

Potential. May.

And you may be wrong, so why do you keep repeating yourself? If you're going to insist that things have the potential to happen, don't get uppity when people give logical explanations for why they will potentially never happen.

Because apparently people seem to think my post meant that the Wrightspeed X1 is in the game. Despite the second sentence and a further clarification.

Including a car called "X1 Prototype" may lead to more legal action from a company that also have a car called "X1 prototype" if that company feels they can prove that the name is associated with their car. I didn't think it was that complicated a concept.

Again, we got that damn part, we know how copyright works, how many more times does it need repeating?

"There is the Volkswagon Kubelwagen -- designed by Mr. Porsche. Another is the VW Schwimmagen, which can drive in water. Also designed by Porsche. Sadly, this game won't be in the release of GT5.

Another VW is the Samba Bus.

Another is a concept car, the Isuzu 4200R "

"There is the Volkswagon Kubelwagen -- designed by Mr. Porsche. Another is the VW Schwimmagen, which can drive in water. Also designed by Porsche. Sadly, this game won't be in the release of GT5.

Another VW is the Samba Bus.

Another is a concept car, the Isuzu 4200R "

Based on...?

Again, we got that damn part, we know how copyright works, how many more times does it need repeating?

Until people stop asking questions like:

Where have we seen it said that the X1 is labeled as Wrightspeed?

Course, had you read the second line before posting, this conversation would never have happened.

Stop jumping down people's throats. I've done you favour after favour in this thread by keeping it open and not permitting anyone to take it over without your consent while people complain about you not updating.

Based on...?

Stream from Kotaku.

I jumped down your throat for asking a question about why you said it was from Wrightspeed, by mistake?

And I said that a whole page ago, did we need 5 repeats of the same "may" junk that was not even related to my original question?

And when the hell have I asked you or anyone to do anything to this thread, as a favor to me or anyone else? Why would this thread even need to be closed just because I'm not around 24/7 or because people complain? People have always complained, even back when I did the GT4 list.

The statement by Kotaku about the Schwimmenwagen is confusing, I assume they meant "car" to imply that the Schwimmenwagen was not in the game, and not "game".

I jumped down your throat for asking a question about why you said it was from Wrightspeed, by mistake?

A mistake you needn't have made had you read what was written.

I appreciate your possessiveness over this thread, but you have been well over-the-top about it recently. Relax. You're providing a service.

And when the hell have I asked you or anyone to do anything to this thread, as a favor to me or anyone else? Why would this thread even need to be closed just because I'm not around 24/7 or because people complain? People have always complained, even back when I did the GT4 list.

People have actually PMed me asking if they can start a new thread since you're not here. Someone even did start a new thread since you're not here - which I removed and deleted. People are impatient. I am not.

You may not have asked me to do it, but I did it anyway because I recognise that this thread is your work and it's not fair to take it off you for spurious reasons without your consent.

I couldn't remember who it was and whether I gave a Warning or not. Apparently it was you and I didn't :lol:

But you weren't unique.

A mistake you needn't have made had you read what was written.

Your statement was easily mistaken. Someone asked who made the X1, you said "Wrightspeed". Anyone who doesn't know anything about the Wrightspeed X1 isn't likely to know what your sentence about lawsuit implied. I certainly did not know anything about it.

It seemed fairly clear to me that you had seen or read somewhere that the X1 Prototype was listed under Wrightspeed. So yes, I read your cryptic statement.

I appreciate your possessiveness over this thread, but you have been well over-the-top about it recently. Relax. You're providing a service.

People have actually PMed me asking if they can start a new thread since you're not here. Someone even did start a new thread since you're not here - which I removed and deleted. People are impatient. I am not.

You may not have asked me to do it, but I did it anyway because I recognise that this thread is your work and it's not fair to take it off you for spurious reasons without your consent.

What does my asking about the X1 have to do with possession at all? When have I even brought up myself or the carlist in the past few pages except to say that I'm holding off on adding cars until we can see things clearer? I certainly have no ownership of this sort of task, I simply did it first for GT4 and now for GT5, and having multiple lists of the same thing is foolish.

I asked why you were repeating yourself because you seemed to be doing that, for no apparent reason. It seemed a trivial point to continue to harp on.

I'm still confused as to what any of this has to do with people on GTPlanet, shocker of all shocks, being impatient and complaining. This is hardly new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back