GT5 Master Car List (NOT a wishlist - Please read first post)

• Thread starter The359
  • 4,770 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were 11 stock R34 Skylines in GT4.
However I don't really think that the later 10 versions took the same amount of time as the first one to model. The same could be said for Premium models (remember KY mentioning that each car in GT5 takes 6 months to model? surely it doesn't take 6 months to change a spoiler, wheels or adding air ducts to the hood or the front bumper).
Of course, but what bugs some people (including me) is that those 11 R34's interupts the car count. This is what I fear will be the case with NASCAR cup cars as well. Let's say there will be 20 NASCAR cup cars and on top of that 10 R34's. Then we've gone from 200 different cars to only around 170. That's just if though, and hopefully I'm wrong.

It all depends on what people see as different cars. An original V-spec, a Nismo Z-tune and a Mine's BNR34 are three different cars of course, but counting a V-spec, M-spec and a V-spec II Nür as three completely different cars is a bit ridiculous in my opinion.

The SRT8 Challenger is an '08, so no, YOUR list is not accurate, as you say.
Proof?

Last edited:
I don't want to pick a side here but I think that some cars on the opening post can clearly be identified as Premium, even without an official proof.
On some pics/videos/screenshots, you can tell they are Premium because there is a clearly visible modeled interior. That's something we can't see in the cars from the Standard video. To me, if you can see through the windshield and notice that the interior is modeled in a very precise way, that's a Premium car.
And that's the case for a lot of car in that list.

In fact, that's the criteria I used for the list I compiled from the OP. You can view it in my sig and there's a pic for almost each car to justify that choice.

Anyway, it seems that all the cars we've seen so far (except for those in the Standard car Trailer) are indeed Premium. That's not official but it sure appears that way ;)

The R8 LMS with the PlayStation livery is listed under Standard on gran-turismo.com

So is the Lamborghini Countach, another new car to the series.

Countach was in GTPSP and is a standard car.

Yes, wrong car, but this still does not address the comparison of premium versus standard cars on the same resolution.

And no, I'm not reading a 297 page thread. The standard video doesn't make anything obvious, it only makes for a lot of assumptions.

The difference between standards and premiums can be easily spotted by anyone. However, I see your point of not putting premium next to something unless you're completely sure. Having said that, doesn't seem you'll be sure til nov 2nd and a that time, will the list even be needed?

My criteria has been if I have seen a cockpit view of a car or PD has had it listed as premium somewhere. After getting near GT5 quality stuff in the marketing for GTPSP I think anything else is pure guesswork.

Damn. :yuck: That means it has the slushbox.

Yep, I was disappointed too when I finally got confirmation that it was an '08, instead of the '09, but hopefully PD screwed up, and we can still shift manually and have 6 forward gears. I really don't want to have to drive my Challenger in the game in sequential (auto-stick) mode since I have a G25 with the 6-speed shifter.

As opposed to simply telling me which cars could be updated, you had to repeat the entire long list?

Since you missed so many premium cars it was easier for me to just remake the list. Also made a correction or two. Easier for you, but apparently that's not good enough.

What Strittan and fido are saying about premium cars is correct. You can go ahead and wait for solid "proof" by your standards to list them as such on the list, but it's already perfectly clear. It doesn't matter if you compare high resolution screenshots or low resolution videos. The premium models have 500,000 polygons and the standards have around 4,000, so it is really not that difficult to tell. You can tell the difference in a cam recorded YouTube video, so I'm sorry if you're not able to tell the difference. Others can.

From the only standard cars video we have seen yet, all interiors were blackened out. Therefore if the windows are clear and you can see the driver, plus if the quality of the car matches that of what a premium might be then it's really no stretch at all to conclude it's premium (also if it's a new car to the series as well). Especially considering we've only see a handful of standard cars, mostly from the standard cars video. The rest of the cars displayed in demos and trailers (minus standard cars video and other examples like the AE-86 in the FT-86 video where we just don't know for sure with only a brief glimpse) are all clearly premium models. PD has barely shown off the standards yet and while I'm not one of those who rages at the quality of them since I still think they look decent, there is a notable difference and it is simple to tell what is a premium car and what is a standard car in almost all cases.

Last edited:
Yep, I was disappointed too when I finally got confirmation that it was an '08, instead of the '09, but hopefully PD screwed up, and we can still shift manually and have 6 forward gears. I really don't want to have to drive my Challenger in the game in sequential (auto-stick) mode since I have a G25 with the 6-speed shifter.

You never know, PD has screwed up the years before.

For example, the X-Runner in GT4 and GT PSP was listed as a 2004, even though 2005 is the first model year.

PD doesn't know how to implement proper autos vs manuals anyways, so the only real concern about the Challenger is whether you'll get access to a 6th gear or not (without having to buy a new transmission).

I do find it odd the OP would ask that people stay informed an on-topic when posting about new updates to the thread, yet simultaneously post something like this:

And no, I'm not reading a 297 page thread. The standard video doesn't make anything obvious, it only makes for a lot of assumptions.

If you don't want to keep up to date on the differences between the tiers, don't tell others they don't know what they're talking about when they've actually taken part in the discussion. Even people who are pro-Standards recognize there is a large difference between the two. Have a picture released from PD in the past year? Not a capture from a video from them, but an actual still image? Yep, it's a Premium. Are panel gaps real or a texture? Yep, Premium. It's really quite simple.

It's actually quite simple to be sure the Maserati GranTurismo is a Premium car ( apart from the rather obvious visual evidence ) as Kaz stated somewhere all new additions to the series are Premium.
The Countach and R8 LMS are Standard because they were already included in GT-PSP so they're not new to the series.
Some cars which already were in the series before are rebuild as Premium ( for example the 300SL, Esprit, E60 M5, etc. ) but at least the cars which are new to the series ( never been seen before in any GT-game ) can surely be nothing else than Premium as Standards are upgraded old assets.

Well my point was that I'm fairly certain we saw pictures of the Countach and R8 LMS (and Bugatti) modeled in GT4 before or at the same time they appeared for GT PSP, making their models as new as many of the cars in GT5P.

I don't want to pick a side here but I think that some cars on the opening post can clearly be identified as Premium, even without an official proof.
On some pics/videos/screenshots, you can tell they are Premium because there is a clearly visible modeled interior. That's something we can't see in the cars from the Standard video. To me, if you can see through the windshield and notice that the interior is modeled in a very precise way, that's a Premium car.
And that's the case for a lot of car in that list.

In fact, that's the criteria I used for the list I compiled from the OP. You can view it in my sig and there's a pic for almost each car to justify that choice.

Anyway, it seems that all the cars we've seen so far (except for those in the Standard car Trailer) are indeed Premium. That's not official but it sure appears that way ;)

I certainly have been adding cars in which we see a cockpit view, but I don't think there is enough information from a few flybys in the "Standard Cars" video to justify the claim that one can simply judge based on whether or not you think there's a detailed interior inside. Certainly some of the cars don't appear to have quite the darkened interior that you claim, such as the Alpina A110.

Since you missed so many premium cars it was easier for me to just remake the list. Also made a correction or two. Easier for you, but apparently that's not good enough.

Having me have to check and compare every single car on my list with the one on your list is easier then simply telling me which specific cars are wrong? Someone failed at maths...

What Strittan and fido are saying about premium cars is correct. You can go ahead and wait for solid "proof" by your standards to list them as such on the list, but it's already perfectly clear. It doesn't matter if you compare high resolution screenshots or low resolution videos. The premium models have 500,000 polygons and the standards have around 4,000, so it is really not that difficult to tell. You can tell the difference in a cam recorded YouTube video, so I'm sorry if you're not able to tell the difference. Others can.

You mean others can guess. As Stritten pointed out, this is the internet, and we apparently need to be correct so that people don't go around with the wrong information. So guessing is out.

From the only standard cars video we have seen yet, all interiors were blackened out. Therefore if the windows are clear and you can see the driver, plus if the quality of the car matches that of what a premium might be then it's really no stretch at all to conclude it's premium (also if it's a new car to the series as well). Especially considering we've only see a handful of standard cars, mostly from the standard cars video. The rest of the cars displayed in demos and trailers (minus standard cars video and other examples like the AE-86 in the FT-86 video where we just don't know for sure with only a brief glimpse) are all clearly premium models. PD has barely shown off the standards yet and while I'm not one of those who rages at the quality of them since I still think they look decent, there is a notable difference and it is simple to tell what is a premium car and what is a standard car in almost all cases.

I can see the drivers in all the standard cars in the trailer.

I do find it odd the OP would ask that people stay informed an on-topic when posting about new updates to the thread, yet simultaneously post something like this:

If you don't want to keep up to date on the differences between the tiers, don't tell others they don't know what they're talking about when they've actually taken part in the discussion. Even people who are pro-Standards recognize there is a large difference between the two. Have a picture released from PD in the past year? Not a capture from a video from them, but an actual still image? Yep, it's a Premium. Are panel gaps real or a texture? Yep, Premium. It's really quite simple.

I asked a question for further proof of someone's information. Pointing me to a 297 page thread and expecting me to read it as proof, rather than directly pointing me at the conclusion, is just silly. It would be similar to me asking you where you found some research for an essay, and you pointing at a library.

And what is there to not be up to date on regarding Standard and Premium? It's been quite clearly laid out which is which. Anyone guessing based on other information is doing just that, guessing. I simply asked what they were basing their guesses on, since they seemed to be presenting them as 100% proof as if they had seen an interior or that it was listed somewhere.

Nor did I ask anyone to "stay informed", simply to not use this thread for random discussion but rather for adding informative updates or suggestions. You know, the topic of this thread.

PD doesn't know how to implement proper autos vs manuals anyways, so the only real concern about the Challenger is whether you'll get access to a 6th gear or not (without having to buy a new transmission).

Since I own one myself, I know them pretty well, so that will not be MY only concern with it. Since it is listed as an '08, I can only assume that it is modeled from an '08, and therefore, it will have the auto shifter when I look around the interior, and take away from the realism a little, for me, if I am manually shifting through 6 gears and I see that auto shifter. Again, it will only bother me since I own a 6-speed car. Another thing that I mentioned before is that the '08 cars are numbered, since they were limited production. Let's say that PD modeled Jay Leno's '08 (since they have a good relationship with him). His car is number 0004. PD says that cars are correctly modeled down to the last bolt/wire. If it is modeled after car number 0004, it should be black, and therefore, the car should remain black in the game if the dash plaque says 0004. If it is any other color than black, with that dash plaque, it will not be "correctly" modeled. Most (99%) people, this will not matter, but it will bug me a little. I think the easiest solution to that, is to, change it to an '09 so that the dash plaque is not there, and add red and blue to the available colors, as they were available on the '09.

I asked a question for further proof of someone's information. Pointing me to a 297 page thread and expecting me to read it as proof, rather than directly pointing me at the conclusion, is just silly. It would be similar to me asking you where you found some research for an essay, and you pointing at a library.

Eh, fair enough. The example of "if you see the driver, it's a Premium" is a pretty lousy indicator, from whoever suggested it. The problem is, that thread doesn't have a clear-cut "conclusion", since it's almost all opinion-based at this point, on whether Standards look "good", or "bad", or "good enough". But there have been a fair amount of images showing Standards are GT4 models thrown into the better lighting system. And one car that seems to have updated textures over it's GT4 counterpart.

And what is there to not be up to date on regarding Standard and Premium? It's been quite clearly laid out which is which. Anyone guessing based on other information is doing just that, guessing. I simply asked what they were basing their guesses on, since they seemed to be presenting them as 100% proof as if they had seen an interior or that it was listed somewhere.

We don't need interiors as an indicator. Like I already said: Panel gaps? Premium. Shown up in a screenshot not ripped from the Standard video? Premium. Playable in any of the demos? Premium. Plus, I really feel it should be easy for most people to just be able to look at a car and tell the difference. 4000 polys playing 500 000 should be easy.

Since I own one myself, I know them pretty well, so that will not be MY only concern with it. Since it is listed as an '08, I can only assume that it is modeled from an '08, and therefore, it will have the auto shifter when I look around the interior, and take away from the realism a little, for me, if I am manually shifting through 6 gears and I see that auto shifter. Again, it will only bother me since I own a 6-speed car. Another thing that I mentioned before is that the '08 cars are numbered, since they were limited production. Let's say that PD modeled Jay Leno's '08 (since they have a good relationship with him). His car is number 0004. PD says that cars are correctly modeled down to the last bolt/wire. If it is modeled after car number 0004, it should be black, and therefore, the car should remain black in the game if the dash plaque says 0004. If it is any other color than black, with that dash plaque, it will not be "correctly" modeled. Most (99%) people, this will not matter, but it will bug me a little. I think the easiest solution to that, is to, change it to an '09 so that the dash plaque is not there, and add red and blue to the available colors, as they were available on the '09.

I don't expect GT5 to become The Real Challenger Simulator, or PD to worry about every last detail for the car, since they've proven before that other than a few exceptions (ZR1, SLS, P3/4, XJ13), they only seem to get fetishistically obsessive about detail when it's a car from their homeland. I'm not questioning they might have made a small error using an '08, and there might be some small detail issues because of it. But having the auto stick in the interior and potentially giving us 6 speeds is really, really inconsequential. There are plenty of other cars in past GT games (and undoubtedly in GT5) that will have inaccurate "issues" with their transmission. Be happy your car of choice at least has an interior to drive from at least :)

I don't expect GT5 to become The Real Challenger Simulator, or PD to worry about every last detail for the car, since they've proven before that other than a few exceptions (ZR1, SLS, P3/4, XJ13), they only seem to get fetishistically obsessive about detail when it's a car from their homeland. I'm not questioning they might have made a small error using an '08, and there might be some small detail issues because of it. But having the auto stick in the interior and potentially giving us 6 speeds is really, really inconsequential. There are plenty of other cars in past GT games (and undoubtedly in GT5) that will have inaccurate "issues" with their transmission. Be happy your car of choice at least has an interior to drive from at least :)

I don't expect it to be the "Real Challenger Simulator" either, but I was hoping that they would get it correct, mainly because it is in my homeland, and in my driveway LOL. That is why I said that 99% of people would not even care or notice it. I do hope they "convert" it to an '09 though, just for that simple fact and color choices, even though, even the '09 was limited to 5 colors in SRT8 trim.

I certainly have been adding cars in which we see a cockpit view, but I don't think there is enough information from a few flybys in the "Standard Cars" video to justify the claim that one can simply judge based on whether or not you think there's a detailed interior inside. Certainly some of the cars don't appear to have quite the darkened interior that you claim, such as the Alpina A110.

Sure, some cars in the standard video have a visible interior but it's a "Standard Car video" so it's just common sense to say that these cars are standards...
Some cars such as the Alpine don't have a darkened interior, that's right, but it's not as detailled as the premium cars. And you can clearly see that, even from a few flybys...

Anyway I think that even if the Car List isn't 100% accurate, it gives a pretty good idea of what's Premium/Standard. Even if we're guessing from time to time (based on completely relevant observations), it's just as easy to change a Premium in a Standard (and the other way around) if we happen to have a confirmation. Simple as that.

It's on the GT website. There is a text about Premium cars, then a text about standard and the video is in that section ;)

Then take a better look. It does have a darkened interior. Compare it to another premium car from the recent demos and you'll notice in those cars the windows are very clear and you can see details inside the cockpit, including the driver very clearly. In the standard cars the windshields are tinted quite darkly, you can barely see the outline of the driver through it, and you can't see close details like the colours of the seats or roll bars, etc.

Premium: you can make out the interior details, including the dashboard, steering wheel, seats, etc. (Enzo and SLS appear to be dark because they have black interiors, but the details can still be seen)
image02a.jpg

Standard: darkened windows, no details visible inside the cockpit (or very minimal like the outline of a driver or faintly seeing details on his driving suit when up close)
image03a.jpg

And it's not just that. There are other details like the general appearance of the car, smoothness, panel gaps, wheels, light details etc. There's a big difference between PS2 and PS3 models. The reason we're seeing high res pics of premiums and not standards is because they're new cars and obviously PD wants to show off its newest and also best looking cars, at least at this point. A standard car in high res is still a standard car not near the standards of the premium models.

Having me have to check and compare every single car on my list with the one on your list is easier then simply telling me which specific cars are wrong? Someone failed at maths...

You're right, since clearly you did. My list was complete to the point where you could just copy paste. No comparing lists. So many were wrong that it would take a lot more time to add them yourself. I saved you time and you barked at me. And since clearly you aren't willing to read through 237 pages as you said, then you're just going to have to have a level of trust.

I can see the drivers in all the standard cars in the trailer.

Again, no you can't. Only in one or two cars can you even barely make out a driver inside, but even then, it's through a very darkened windshield and you cannot clearly see other details like the seats, dashboard, etc.

Except it's not guessing. Guessing would be saying the Veyron is premium even though we haven't seen it (it probably will be but we don't know yet). There is reasonable evidence to show that many cars are premium and you are choosing to ignore it simply because you don't have written proof or you haven't directly seen a view inside the car. You have your way of going about and that's fine, but you're ignoring others' methods because you're not as up to date on how to identify them since as you repeatedly say you have a job and can't keep up with 237 pages of posts.

It's already quite clear if a car is premium or standard by looking at screenshots and videos. List me a car on that list and I'll explain and show you why it's premium or standard, if there are adequate pictures or videos of it.

Last edited:
Only cars in Prologue or cars usable in the demos are marked as such (because it says premium in the demo and we can verify it when they're used).

Yes, we know all the new cars will be premium like the GranTurismo S, LP 640, Tesla Roadster, F1, R8 V10, etc, but he is just being 100% safe because we haven't yet seen their interior views because they're not available to drive in the demos.

Last edited:
If you can see 3D lights with detailed lens, it's a Premium!
If it's featured in a GT5 concept trailer it's a Premium again!
If there is an 18 MP picture of it, you bet it's a Premium!

Last edited:
If you can see 3D lights with detailed lens, it's a Premium!
If it's featured in a GT5 concept trailer it's a Premium again!

Exactly, I absolutely agree. Seems somebody just wants to be right.:dunce:

Edit:I posted this in another thread already, but I believe it also definately belongs here becuase there is a good chance we'll see this three cars as standards in GT5.

There is actually quite a good chance of this car being in GT5 as a standard, for PD have the Lamborghini license now you know?-the Nomad Diablo JGTC from GT3 is mentioned

I think it's also possible that we'll see the Lamborghini Diablo(1990) and the Bugatti EB110 as standards, I'm pretty sure they worked on them for GT3, check the video out at 2:30 and at 4:20 to understand why I'm thinking this.

Last edited:
Exactly, I absolutely agree. Seems somebody just wants to be right.:dunce:

Edit:I posted this in another thread already, but I believe it also definately belongs here becuase there is a good chance we'll see this three cars as standards in GT5.

I'd give my liver for a premium EB110 SS. I really hope that the Veyron isn't the only Bugatti. I want the classics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back