GT5-Prologue Impressions Thread

When I race, with ais or humans, I'm always aware of where they are. I never had a penalty in gt5 prologue while racing yet. I had to test it out by going full speed into a wall to make sure there was one. I don't see why you guys are complaining, since I don't have a problem with it.

I didn't have a penalty at all until I first tried the TT race, I just get them regular in certain races, like that one and the GT All Stars at Dayton road course where a car can spin out and clip you in the process and you'll get a penalty. The system sucks and it sucks because it doesn't work out who's to blame, it's jsut the player every time. If the AI could get the penalties when they're to blame it would work, but it doesn't. The AI are immune and they are prone to pulling into to in certain races.

the tire sounds, instead of being one cheesy howl that was either on or off, now have "depth" in the form of being a cheesy howl that has 5 different settings, like numbers on a dial. and it still cuts in very abruptly, like a digital switch.

the engine sounds are now "decent" instead of "terrible".

other than that this game is as good as bought for me. brilliant lookin stuff.

Yeah, the engine sounds are "decent", but they should be insane. I want the hairs to stand up on the back of my neck when that Ferrari hits the redline.

btw, for the stat lovers, the dwnloadable game has 1876mb, after the maintenence it was 1609 and then with the online patch 2029mb.

Well I've had Prologue since a couple days after release and I've been following this thread with great interest, but have refrained from posting my thoughts on the game until I had a chance to check the online mode, which is my most eagerly anticipated part of GT5.

The Good:-
The graphics are amazing

Sounds are much better but could be improved still

Professional mode is challenging especially in the faster cars, I love how you have to drive properly and not take liberties as has been so easy to do in earlier GT's.

The time trial ghost downloading is really good and helps find where I'm losing time.

Interior view is actually very good and is usable while racing unlike most other games that have the feature. ie no look to corner feature which tends to give the feeling of being detached from the car.

The tracks are good, London is a great addition... just need my trial mountain, Nordschlieffe and Grand Valley now.

Ferraris, Perhaps most importantly for me the Ferraris actually feel as good and drive as well as I'd hoped they would and with the volume cranked up on my surround system they sound glorious too!:)

The Bad:-
On the whole the graphics are quality but it has to be said that there are an unacceptable ammount of jaggies, although as time passes I notice them less.

Changing car still takes too long to do, it would be nice if we could select the car from within the race lobby instead of having to return to main menu all the time.

Penalties... while I can see how they are there more for the online mode, they are just a pain in the backside at the minute because you can end up getting penalties from other peoples stupid mistakes and intentional ramming, also when we get penalties during a crash that already cost us time the inabilty to accelerate makes it hard to recover the balance of the car which leads to another crash/penalty, its a vicious circle, imho this needs fixing or tweaking ASAP.

No Tuning, this is one of the most fun elements in all GT's for me and I must admit I miss it in GT5:P, nevertheless it is great fun still. I pray tuning is included in the final version.

G25 support, while it is cool that we can use the G25 the clutch implementation seems pretty rubbish. The clutch needs to be less sensitive and more gradual. In a real car the feel of the clutch pedal and the physical feedback of the clutch biting make it much easier to use and until we have FFB pedals they need to do something to make the clutch more fluid to use. I was also dissapointed that the clutch can only be used with the H-Shifter. Let us choose whether we use H-Shift or Paddles or even the up-n-down stick method with full clutch support. On the whole I just think we need more options to tailor our wheel setup to suit our style, the ability to tweak the degree of rotation would be very welcome too.

The Ugly:-
Online ramming is by far the worst and ugliest aspect of GT5-P, while a lot of grief can be avoided by playing with people we know it is still too easy to drive dirty, a mode where the cars are treated as ghosts would be a good idea, like they have in Testrdrive unlimited. I don't want to spend half the time crawling out of gravel traps just because the other guys I'm racing are bad sports or incompetents.

Overall though, this game is as good as I'd hoped and clearly has the potantial to be a monumental success and I'm loving almost every second of it so far.

just a video to support the improvement of AI. there is no way the ai in gt4 would ever do this. but yes it could be improved further but i think its a good start.

The AI has improved but they still bump and push you at times, I wouldn't mind that if it wasn't for the penalty system because it's not nearly as bad as in GT4.

Can somenone help me with the mission race A-8, because I always get 2nd place, and I don't know how I will get 1st place, so if anyone can give me any tips or if can someone do a video, it will be great, I drive with pro and all aids off.

I didn't have a penalty at all until I first tried the TT race, I just get them regular in certain races, like that one and the GT All Stars at Dayton road course where a car can spin out and clip you in the process and you'll get a penalty. The system sucks and it sucks because it doesn't work out who's to blame, it's jsut the player every time. If the AI could get the penalties when they're to blame it would work, but it doesn't. The AI are immune and they are prone to pulling into to in certain races.
I agree, the system doesn't work. There are many penalties received that were not my fault.

FRED SIMÕES;2866909
Can somenone help me with the mission race A-8, because I always get 2nd place, and I don't know how I will get 1st place, so if anyone can give me any tips or if can someone do a video, it will be great, I drive with pro and all aids off.
That can be won quite easilly in pro mode, all you need to do is draft the other cars as much as you can, full throttle all the way round, no contact with any of the other cars and when you are close enouhg to get into their draft, get into their draft. If you don't draft it's impossible, if you do t can be pretty easy.

That can be won quite easilly in pro mode, all you need to do is draft the other cars as much as you can, full throttle all the way round, no contact with any of the other cars and when you are close enouhg to get into their draft, get into their draft. If you don't draft it's impossible, if you do t can be pretty easy.

This is not the mission in Daytona, this is the mission of the Nissan GT-R in Suzuka.

ahh, sorry, I don't know why I thought you meant C-8 :lol:. Can't help you with that one, I've not done it yet.

This is a tough challenge and I found that you need to be quite aggressive at overtaking the other cars.

If you can pass the 3rd placed car by the tight left hairpin and be in the draft of the Audi R8 just after, this will give you a chance to outbrake the Black mask into the final chicane.

Don't sweat it amigo, this is a tough challenge with pro mode and all aids off but can be done. Good luck :)

I'm not sure about having to 'gold' it coz I haven't finished the rest of the A challenges yet

has anyone else noticed that they appear to have toned down the tire screeching now since the on-line update?? :) seems much much better to me..... less irritating! and there is also another choice in options menu for the "screen" settings! does anyone know whether that is to adjust brightness?? im glad they did tone down the screeching!

still baffled about the R8 though..... just doesn't cut the mustard in it's class at all :(

has anyone else noticed that they appear to have toned down the tire screeching now since the on-line update?? :) seems much much better to me..... less irritating!

Really...if so I'm glad pd is paying attention to this as good sounding tires are really one of those important ingredients IMO. Any noticable change to physics?

is it just me thats getting the screen tearing? I get it mostly in Edger something when there is a lot of turning. Figuring that its a full game that i pay for... aint good enuf.

Figuring that its a full game that i pay for... aint good enuf.

Yes there is some tearing at times

Games come with bugs...... If thats your attitude about games then maybe you should bother with them, also considering this is a 'prologue' not aimed at being a full game.

GT has been updating with patches, so soon all these problems should/could be gone.

Yes i expect bugs but not that much... once in a while im okay with, but i got 3 very noticable tears in one race. I dont think thats good enough, but thats just me not forcing my opinion.

Heavenly sword was fine, Tekken is fine, folklore was fine, Time crisis was fine....
Yes its a prologue, but i still paid 50+ for it. Hope they can fix it in the near future

Just for those that are curious ,after getting around to booting up gt5p psn logged on and finally getting the update(3 tries) the tires sound much, much better now. I had read they weren't as loud which is true but they also sound overall more realistic now and the extreme range of sound at and beyond limit of grip is more convincing less an awful screech from hell.

How extensive are the customisable settings in the options section?

I ask because the available options in the Prologue demo were cut down significantly from the options in GT:HD / GT4. Most notably for me, in the Prologue demo there was no way to map the Look Left / Right controls onto the d-pad (as you could in GT:HD), or turn off the Map and simplify the in-game HUD.

Are these options back in the full version of Prologue?

Had some good online races last night! Some good battles!

oh and there was someone with their PSN-ID as Masturbation

hahahahaha:lol:

I supposed its for FPS's when it says "You were kill by..." :lol:

Robin

hm, last night i played with cassius clay and tought that was funny. more and more i see english names on the online races. i wonder how many copies/downloads went overseas in this game? maybe one day we will get some numbers...

Latest Posts

Back