GT5: Prologue menu translations

• Thread starter super_fla
  • 255 comments
Some of the links have expired (right when I need it most)

This is for the main online event screen.

http://z-o-g.org/imgs/misc/gt5p-online-race.jpg

gt5p-online-events.jpg

well it's most probably because you haven't installed the update, which is needed for the online play. When you start gt5p is there a question which ask you something and you only have two choices?. That's probably the update asking you if you want to update. Hit the right button ( はい = Hai = yes). It will start the update process. If it fails just restart the game and retry. I myself needed a few attempts even with my 25 mbit/S connection, but so did others. So be patient :-)

PLAYSTATION Network maintenance with summary below.

Schedule day and time

February 19th between 2 o'clock in the afternoon and 5 o'clock in the afternoon

It also says you may get signed out of PSN .
If this happens try signing in after the maitenance has been completed

PLAYSTATION Network maintenance with summary below.

Schedule day and time

February 19th between 2 o'clock in the afternoon and 5 o'clock in the afternoon

It also says you may get signed out of PSN .
If this happens try signing in after the maitenance has been completed

what time is that? The Japanese time? London?

I keep getting this error message when trying to join an online race. Anyone know what is says?

Edit> the image fails to show anymore, maybe this one works:

Matching failed.
Thanx maskrider. Although I wonder what matching failing implies. Could it be that I have a (slightly) different setup than the race host? Or is it a network problem or .... :boggled:

Edit> From the FAQ pages on the official GT5-p site (japanese) one could conclude that I have an unstable network connection (Babel Fish translation):

' The グランツーリスモ 5 prologue ' Online (the online) matching error occurring in the race/lace event of mode, there are times when it cannot participate in race/lace. Online of this software (the online) with race/lace of mode, it distinguishes automatically the prayer of the circuit environment which is suited for play as a host, focusing on the host it communicates with the prayer. When there was no circuit environment which is suited for play in the prayer which participates in the same race/lace, matching error becomes easy to come out. Because of that, if possible participating as a host, when it receives, also the your other customer who participates in the same race/lace including to your many customers with good quality circuit environment, matching error becomes difficult to come out. Please refer to the page below concerning decision of circuit environment of the customer and improvement method. When your own circuit how you should have judged environment, is? Online race/lace is the host in the event what kind of ones? Online it cannot participate in the event well

When how you should have judged your own circuit environment, is? < GT5 prologue > Presently in Japan there is various types in available Internet circuit environment, but with this site concerning those which are used mainly with general home "due to" the classification the connected method at three level "of wire network equipment of the contract circuit" "/the radio" it classifies, explains. As for details please refer to the page below. Contract are there some ones in classification of the circuit?

Is the host in the online race/lace event what kind of ones? < GT5 prologue > ' The &#12464;&#12521;&#12531;&#12484;&#12540;&#12522;&#12473;&#12514; 5 prologue ', there are two roles below in the host in the online race/lace event. (1) start and end of race/lace are managed Communication between all the participation prayers is borne (2) at the time of internal data communication which is in the midst of playing, When from the above-mentioned reason, the host passes through from race/lace midway, race/lace itself ends. In addition, when circuit environment of the host deteriorates, being to be also times when the trouble that occurs it becomes the &#12367; where the car around does not travel normally in race/lace please note.

Edit 2>>>>>
PROBLEM SOLVED!!! (sorry for the caps, I'm just one happy 40 year old puppy right now) Connecting the PS3 directly (so not through a router) solved the problem. I have been playing on-line now for a few hours and the connection only failed twice out of some dozens of tries. Too bad though that now I either play on the PS3 or I'm online with my PC (so e.g. no more movie downloading while playing....) :D

Maybe a better router might still allow more than one connection at a time. Someone has experience with this?

I get this pop up when I chose Large Theater in the sounds option menu, what does it say?

Largetheater.jpg

hi, I have noticed that some online players can make car horn noises, i understand that there is a new logitech wheel for gt5 with this horn button. but for those of us who only have sixaxis pad, or g25, which button is used for that? i cannot read japanese and dont know if you can configure and assign a button? which one is it?

A few posts above I complained that I could hardly get into online races, except when using a direct cable link. Now it turns-out that the original problem was caused by a louzy cable connected to my cheap wireless router. I bought a new wireless router (Netgear) through my cable company and all connection problems are now solved. :)

So first you say it was caused by a "lousy cable", then you say it got fixed by installing a new router ?

However, I ALWAYS get error 60:29000000, while I have 0 problems in any other online game. Zero! Store and update download speeds also always the max of my connection. No problems buying content of the Store. No problems online never ever.

But with GT5, always the same matching error. So it's definitely lousy programming or a very strange way of matching players.

As interesting as Events can be, the game desperately needs an option to simply play with a select group of friends. No horrible random matchmaking, just one host and a bunch of other players.

The problem was the cable, not the router. However, the router from my cable company came with an easy installation and included a usb-receiver for my PC. So, let's just say that I wasted some money on the router itself, probably my old (cheap) one would have sufficed. I'm just a lazy s.o.a.b. who didn't feel like drilling more holes in his walls to make room for the better cable. ;
My old router was located near my PC, directly connected with that bad cable. Now the router is at the entry point in my house.

Last night and this morning I recieved a warning with the option of choosing "OK" only when starting GT5P JPN. Does anyone know what this is? It was maybe a day or 2 after doing the update, but I do not think it is related.

he dudes,there is a new news masage ingame when you hit the news button....something about 10min time trail??...is bthere someone who knows what it meens or can translate it??...thx,spyrrari.

he dudes,there is a new news masage ingame when you hit the news button....something about 10min time trail??...is bthere someone who knows what it meens or can translate it??...thx,spyrrari.
This is the babel fish translation:
The guide 2008 March 18th ' &#12464;&#12521;&#12531;&#12484;&#12540;&#12522;&#12473;&#12514; 5 prologue ' of 10 min. time trial openings placing in the online event, March 20th (wooden celebration) we hold 10 min. time trials than 9 o'clock in the afternoon. As for being able to attack, the special event which barely is called 10 minutes. Regulation such as use model and course inside the game and at this site is notification schedule 1 hour ago of event opening. Everyone, thriving, please participate. * Because opening of the event is brief, in order not to be late to start time, please note. * Details of the event Online inside the game (the online) as for the timing which reaches the point where you can verify with the menu, approximately some are times when it does depending upon the network connected environment of the customer. Please acknowledge beforehand. Of the day 8 o'clock in the afternoon later please verify event details in the page below.
What I make of it, is that on the 20th at 9pm (japan time?) there will be some special online time trials with only a 10 minute window. So, if you get in at exactly 9pm, you'll have 10 minutes to set a good time. The later you get in, the less time you have. And I assume that one hour before the race the time trial event will be visible, but you cannot enter yet. That should give you some time to practice. But maybe I translated the translation completely wrong. :boggled:

thanks a lot denur,well lets see in japan its 8 hours earlier so that meens the trail will appear arround 1pm central europe time...ok,will check tomorrow than....again thanks denur for reacting,spyrrari.

I get this pop up when I chose Large Theater in the sounds option menu, what does it say?
Largetheater.jpg
Translation:
This mode is set for a full-fledged AV system.
Please enjoy a large volume.

Please note Unexpected large volume, when you end game or switch input source of AV amplifier.

:)

Translation:
This mode is set for a full-fledged AV system.
Please enjoy a large volume.

Please note Unexpected large volume, when you end game or switch input source of AV amplifier.

:)

Thanks! :)

he guys,there is a new news message in the ingame news option..
something about 24-3 untill 28-3...actually there are 2 new messages....anyone please?...spyrrari.

my hopes for an update jp version are growing!....

he guys,there is a new news message in the ingame news option..
something about 24-3 untill 28-3...actually there are 2 new messages....anyone please?...spyrrari.

my hopes for an update jp version are growing!....
Just some network and news maintenance.

The guide 2008 March 24th ' &#12464;&#12521;&#12531;&#12484;&#12540;&#12522;&#12473;&#12514; 5 prologue ' of online service maintenance online service March 25th (the fire) from 3 o'clock in the afternoon executes maintenance in schedule of 9 o'clock in the afternoon. In maintenance being not to be able to connect to all online services, please note. * Time of maintenance approximately some there are times when it does. * The latest maintenance is something which accompanies the setting modification job of the network equipment, there is no modification concerning the contents of online service.

The guide 2008 March 24th ' &#12464;&#12521;&#12531;&#12484;&#12540;&#12522;&#12473;&#12514; 5 prologue ' of news functional maintenance concerning the news function of part, maintenance is executed with summary below. In maintenance, it is possible in past to indicate the article of the transmission being completed, but new news stop being added. < Maintenance schedule period > 2008 March 24th (Monday) 5 o'clock in the afternoon? Around March 28th (Friday) noon < The news function which becomes the maintenance object > When My Page (my page) is left for a while, the motor sport-related news which are indicated in picture lower part The news which are indicated inside Dealer (dealer)
translated through Babel Fish. http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

Back