GT5 Prologue Spec 4 - Would you like the next update to have??

• Thread starter s15specr
  • 457 comments
I don't think there's a spec IV coming any more, but if there is I want:
Revised and equalised PP system.

That is all.......

Haha thats like asking for world peace.

Just aint ever going to be perfectly equal.

Maybe not perfectly equal, but to within 1sec perhaps? A 710 PP Cappucino/Tuned is still 4sec slower than a 650 PP M3 at Fuji.:rolleyes: Honestly, I just want to drive muscle cars and have a fair chance at winning.:sly: Muscle cars should be allowed faster acceleration when their handling is not up to scratch, that's what they're designed to do.:dunce:

Well, for that case maybe incorporating time trials best lap times could be used.

For example - take one track and you can see what are best lap times possible with each car and you could get a correction factor for better calculating PP. It's just a thought.

I would agree - next update for GT5P should have (at least) one new track. Cars are not necessary, but they would be welcome. I would rather have one more track right now, than 10 new cars :).

i always thought a 0 pp race would be fantastic. Stock cars with s2 or s3 tires should provide some interesting racing. and maybe professional level events with class B and c cars..geez i have no idea what PD are thinking sometimes.

I'd like to see dealer customisation like they have in Test Drive Unlimited. To change the wheels and interior as well as paintjob to other dealer options. Anyone feel the 599 looks dissapointing because it has the star rims instead of the bigger (are they 20' ?) ones on the options list? Same with the '07 STI - the 5 spokers look much better than these BBS they give us. And I'm quite partial to a beige interior and sometimes I can't get it.

I agree, that would be pretty amazing. It would be good if you could buy additional body kits from the car maker also. For example, Subaru offer a new splitter for the STI, Audi, a black package for the S-Line cars etc, nothing NFS like though...

I know it's been said a million times before , but now it's been said a million and 1 times now ------ , a new track , please , these are starting to get old.

I'd like a nice open track... Paul Ricard or maybe Spa, something we haven't seen before.

i always thought a 0 pp race would be fantastic. Stock cars with s2 or s3 tires should provide some interesting racing. and maybe professional level events with class B and c cars..geez i have no idea what PD are thinking sometimes.

Standard spec race would be awesome, but the PP system would favour 2 or 3 cars, so you'd end up with a bunch of NSX's and Clio V6's racing around... shame really.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to see a damage update, or more events added. I quite like racing the computer alot. Online is quite annoying for me with all the punters and the lag in the game is getting on my nerves in single arcade mode too. Please fix this PD. I would also like to see some new movies with updates on how GT5 is progessing...

I'd like to see dealer customisation like they have in Test Drive Unlimited. To change the wheels and interior as well as paintjob to other dealer options. Anyone feel the 599 looks dissapointing because it has the star rims instead of the bigger (are they 20' ?) ones on the options list? Same with the '07 STI - the 5 spokers look much better than these BBS they give us. And I'm quite partial to a beige interior and sometimes I can't get it.

Dealer options is definatly a step in the right direction for gamers and car makers, it really will become like a virtual showroom as KY says he wants. Also walking around the car you am looking to buy in a virtual showroom would be fantastic.

TDU did a great job of this.

Dealer options is definatly a step in the right direction for gamers and car makers, it really will become like a virtual showroom as KY says he wants. Also walking around the car you am looking to buy in a virtual showroom would be fantastic.

I second that!
+1:tup:

Bring back the showroom villages from GT2...

Do you think they could integrate such a feature into Home? Then you could use your character in Home to go car shopping.💡

ohh ...oh my...now that's an idea. Glad people want to see TDU style options and showrooms. Hopefully - with some luck, it will happen

Last edited:
You'd have to wait for every manufacturer's showroom to download though. I'd just get Holden and Ford Australia showrooms and buy the rest of my cars like a normal menu.

You'd have to wait for every manufacturer's showroom to download though. I'd just get Holden and Ford Australia showrooms and buy the rest of my cars like a normal menu.

I assume the showrooms would be part of the GT5 intial installation.

I assume the showrooms would be part of the GT5 intial installation.

Just like Home Square was part of the initial installation of Home........oh wait.

Not everyone uses Home, so there's no reason to put something into a game not everyone could use right?

Edit: Far Cry rooms are not part of Far Cry installation either, but other games get rooms don't they? Maybe showrooms would be part of the initial installation.

Last edited:
Just like Home Square was part of the initial installation of Home........oh wait.

Thats because Home was adownload only software, rather than bundle it all in one and takes ages to get it going, you got the base 'home' then downloaded the places you liked to go. The square probably would have been good to include but oh well.

Not everyone uses Home, so there's no reason to put something into a game not everyone could use right?

When I am thinking of Home and GT5 I am not thinking of them being seperate programs, I am thinking of Home being in-built with GT5.

Your home character getting imported into GT5 in which you can use him, to start races, go to showrooms, fit him out with racing gear etc.

Later you can also go into the seperate Home program and do the usual home activities like normal, in the same house with the same throphies you won in GT5 in your cabinet.

I dunno it gets complicated thinking about it, we will find out what PD are doing, I am sure they're including Home some how.

so there's no reason to put something into a game not everyone could use right?

Blu-ray disks are huge, it wont hurt.

Yeah, it does get complicated.:ouch: The possibilities are many, let's wait and see what happens.:boggled:

nah..I don't think i'd like my avatar being a race driver - then I'd probably have to spend real money on a boiler suit

i'd like to see dealer customisation like they have in test drive unlimited. To change the wheels and interior as well as paintjob to other dealer options. Anyone feel the 599 looks dissapointing because it has the star rims instead of the bigger (are they 20' ?) ones on the options list? Same with the '07 sti - the 5 spokers look much better than these bbs they give us. And i'm quite partial to a beige interior and sometimes i can't get it.

+1

I would like to see some original GT Tracks such as the Seattle Circuit, Cote D'Azur, or Laguna Seca Raceway. The Honda S2000, Toyota Supra, and Carlos Sanz Celica GT-Four would also be an awsome addition. Along with game lobby(party mode) w/ chat , and in race chat.

Gawd, I went online the other night, and done the fuji newb event as I not long just bought GT5P again after it was stolen. Initially I had some quite good races, but some dudes were cutting corners, and not getting penalised!! And after he ct the corner, he rammmed me, and I got a penalty!! WTF

I will say it again, UPDATE THE ONLINE facility!!!

PS

People always pick the fastest cars for that event, like the NSX, which is the fastest down the straight on Fuji, and quicker than the Impreza that I use.

Also, it sucks that the races are only 2 laps - jeeeeez!!

I would like to see some original GT Tracks such as the Seattle Circuit, Cote D'Azur, or Laguna Seca Raceway. The Honda S2000, Toyota Supra, and Carlos Sanz Celica GT-Four would also be an awsome addition. Along with game lobby(party mode) w/ chat , and in race chat.

You're right about the Supra, I drive one and I miss it from the game... :( Ah well.

How about tire damage and endurance races and maybe fuel that runs out or gets less so you have to stop ever so often in the pit for more probably somet for the full 1 maby they could also put a proper pit crew in

for the spec 4 update, i want a honda civic type -R fd 2 and nissan gtr gt500 race car and for the track i want a tsukuba circuit i love this circuit i can practice my time attack he he he...

There is no proof spec 4 is coming at all for any versions and if it's coming for the Japanese version it will be coming for all.

There is no proof spec 4 is coming at all for any versions and if it's coming for the Japanese version it will be coming for all.

Ahh right, sorry i just seem to remeber a post regarding it coming for the Japanese version.

I can't see how this close to the release of GT5 and GT5 portable that PD will focus on more content for Prologue.

This isn't so much for a Spec IV update, but to the actual title as a whole.

- Perhaps a working radio in those cars which permit such a luxury; running down a straight using the right thumbstick (in circular motion) to cycle through radio stations that are either available to you in real-time (i.e. Stations availabe only in NY, Arizona, etc.) or pre-made for the game.

- Seeing beads of sweat or mist build-up on the visor would offer an experience that would actually make you begin to tear after a while.

- Improved engine sounds (the only problem I have now is the lack of crackle)

- Perhaps allowing the driver to gesture

- Telemetry data and maybe a wind tunnel or dynamometer for obvious reasons

- Maybe a free roam idea. Allowing us to drive (freely) around a small city, a relatively small city nothing to impactful on data consumption.

S'all I can come up with for now. :dopey:

Back