GT5 Prologue Spec 4 - Would you like the next update to have??

• Thread starter s15specr
  • 457 comments
Japspecvr6, G.T.Ace, GT3man2001:

Wait a sec there guys. I dont want to come off as rude... but you dont seriously think that the delays of GT5, lack of updates of GT5P, even any news about one... ...is because they are recording alot of sounds? Believe me, thats the least of their worries. They have alot of promises or at least expectations to meet - damage model, weather, day cycles ... and all that in 1080p? Im certain the coders have alot more to do than the sound team and there will be some serious compromises somewhere...

I mean for a team as big as PD, supported by Sony - and im sure Sony would do anything to make them speed up the release of one of their AAA exclusive franchises - one would think they could do at least as much as some essential updates for GT5P like private multiplayer rooms to make the online actually playable.

I love GT but PD seems to have fallen asleep like alot of japanese developers these days. I just hope they'll all awake because im starting to miss all the great japanese games that were setting the benchmarks for others out there.

GT5P is an official DEMO for GT5 you can't expect too many things to be in it. It's a demo. And the longer it takes them to make a game doesn't mean they're fall asleep. May be they're gathering more feedbacks to improve the game to make it perfect in as many aspects as they can? And on what the games has to offer can't all be base by a certain criteria. May be you like to have damage system but other won't want it? IMO the longer a game take to develop it just makes you enjoy it more when you can finally get your hand on it.

Wait a sec there guys. I dont want to come off as rude... but you dont seriously think that the delays of GT5, lack of updates of GT5P, even any news about one... ...is because they are recording alot of sounds?

Where did i say that? I just said i WANT better sounds because theyre important for a better feeling in the game.
Btw. there never was a delay for GT5 because there never was a release date set.

Believe me, thats the least of their worries. They have alot of promises or at least expectations to meet - damage model, weather, day cycles ... and all that in 1080p? Im certain the coders have alot more to do than the sound team and there will be some serious compromises somewhere...

Yeah yeah, thats all hypothetical, nobody here can really say how much effect it would have if they concentrate more on the sound and i also would prefer damage, weather and day/night cycles over a better sound, but no one knows if you cant have a good sound plus the other things.

I mean for a team as big as PD, supported by Sony - and im sure Sony would do anything to make them speed up the release of one of their AAA exclusive franchises - one would think they could do at least as much as some essential updates for GT5P like private multiplayer rooms to make the online actually playable.

Maybe the technical stuff isnt done for that?
Hasnt anyone thought that, maybe, GT5 will have a very complex online architecture that you cant just implement in Prologue?
Its not that easy to implement stuff like that, even some full price games that are praised for their online modes (especially CoD4) dont have a custom lobby system.

I love GT but PD seems to have fallen asleep like alot of japanese developers these days. I just hope they'll all awake because im starting to miss all the great japanese games that were setting the benchmarks for others out there.

I agree with that one though, Namco (Jesus Christ gimme my god damn Ace Combat), C(r)apcom, Square-Enix and so on failed in so many departments this gen....

I agree with that one though, Namco (Jesus Christ gimme my god damn Ace Combat), C(r)apcom, Square-Enix and so on failed in so many departments this gen....

why Square? I think Konami failed A LOT with PES 08 and 09..especially in online aspects.. like GT5P so far..

luan87us:
cmon man, you dont pay for a demo. GT5P is by no means a demo, its just a smaller game for half the price of a standard game.
And yes, some might not care about damage but the point is that Kaz said it would be a update to GT5P before christmas 2008. Thats all that pisses me off, false promises. Sure, everyone bull****s in this field but i just expected better from PD...

G.T.Ace:
alright then, i confused the meaning of the sound comment with someone elses comment before that.
Anyway - if GT5 will have a very complex online architecture, i'll eat my shoes :D I dunno, it just doesnt seem real with the disaster shown in GT5P. But i do hope im wrong.

Rash-182:
IMO, it only went downhill with SE after Sakaguchi left. FF12 has great reviews but it just wasnt another Final Fantasy game, it was a Vagrant Story game (which i didnt like much).
Overally their milking of franchises like FF7 is pretty sad and produces average games.
Last Remnant for the 360 is a technical disaster. Hopefully it will be better on the PC.
Im just hoping FF13 and Versus wont be TOO popcorny as most of the games today.

Wait a sec there guys. I dont want to come off as rude... but you dont seriously think that the delays of GT5, lack of updates of GT5P, even any news about one... ...is because they are recording alot of sounds? Believe me, thats the least of their worries. They have alot of promises or at least expectations to meet - damage model, weather, day cycles ... and all that in 1080p? Im certain the coders have alot more to do than the sound team and there will be some serious compromises somewhere...

Your right but.....I just think there weeding out the push button drivers from the enthusiast sorta. I still enjoy the game to this day but for people like me with 5.1ch stereo and a cockpit on the qay sound is very important. I think that its not the modeling of the cars, tracks or sound that holding them up. I believe there trying to take care of the online system and some social integration. SONY probably has KAZ under massive pressure in terms of sales but he is trying to deliver the best possible upgradable motorsport game for the PS3.

To PD: All you need is Real Damage and Wear and Tear, Better Money System ( I feel its too easy to keep money), Weather And Time, An Used Part System ( Like Need For Speed Motor City), Engine Swaps , Uphill Events, Drag Racing, Used Car lot (PSN Home Club Integration), Engine Sounds With Load, All Working Gauges, Different Fuel Type ( Pump Gas, C-16,C-101). Some Sort of Dyno Calibration ( Make People actually try to get a Better Tune and everyone won't read out the same numbers ) Some Real good In depth Tuning. Etc

for spec 4 i would like ford focus rs old and new :)

Edit:

i think update will come at the ims geneva (march)... i would like to see damage mode, new track and few cars : audi rs 6 avant, ford focus rs, vw golf r32, mercedes cls, zastava yugo :)

Decent grammar is expected, including proper usage of capital letters.

https://www.gtplanet.net/aup/

Last edited by a moderator:
big dani,
Please don't double post, use the edit button if you wish to add something new and you're still the last poster.

I've merged your posts.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Unerf the usage of the G25 clutch, and replace it with a clutch heat/slippage meter to prevent people from abusing it. The more you powershift or downshift without rev-matching the more heat you'll build up in you meter and at a certain point your clutch will start to slip severely. And for drifting trials let players use the clutch in whatever way they wish.

An option so that when you're in cockpit view the camera will rotate slightly in the direction you turn the car. In real life when you drive on a track or an a mountain road you will rotate your head and eyes slightly in the direction that you turn. I've never seen anyone keep their head and eyes static when driving fast (that would look quite silly actually). But keep it as an option to prevent some people from getting motion sickness.

Please Pd. I just want a release date. It is very hard to run if you cannot see the finish line.

+1 :)👍 good point!

or new cars mentioned or seen before for spec 4 would be nice!

ex:

- Mercedes-Benz [W204] C63 AMG '08

- Honda S2000 (Stephen Papadakis) '05

- Garage Defend GT-R [R35] '07

or another "surprise" racing model:

- a new F1 car
- a new Nascar car
- a new JGTC
- . . .

:D

As you can see from my profile I’m an Arthritic old codger, had every one of the Gran-Turismo series so far all the concepts and so on, things I would like to see more than any other is something along the line of F1and touring car rules, yellow flags, black flags, 10 second stop and go, pit drive through or disqualification on short cuts and ramming, this may make the online events more interesting, damage is ok, but, it just gives the odd one or two drivers a thrill to see bits falling off, after Ps have gone to all the trouble of making the visual side of the game the best on the market, do you really want to see bits flying off all over the track.
Driving music, we have had enough of the lounge stuff now it’s been on to many GTs, 1 and 2 were good, but GT5p is putting me to sleep on the track (may be that’s why I’m so slow)
Theses may be able to be an update to GT5p online, as well as the full version.
Come on GT5, keep me entertained I’m having to spend money on the opposition.

I'd like to see viewable and saveable replays for online events, had a almighty battle round Fuji 650pp, wheel to wheel for the whole 10 laps, and wished afterwards that I could've seen and saved the replay!

Personally I'm not interested in damage, I think it will only encourage the rammers. Tyre wear, fuel levels & pit stops, yes please.

I would like a greater focus on racing cars on racing tracks. I am soooo over street cars on crummy tyres on racing circuits. I get that they are popular with some good drivers, however, I find that the PP levels and poor grip tend to mask driver errors, which in turn can clutter up the field with people of limited skill. In turn this frustration encourages some good drivers to arrogance in their driving and passes.

More realistic penalties for drivers with 4 wheels off the circuit would help, but more use of pedigree racing cars, or at least the custom cars in the current list, which require precision driving and penalise mistakes and any traction loss would improve the experience for me.

I'm also of the view that a new (Super) licence level based on time trial or race results would be a welcome addition enabling a new standard of racing that may attract back to the online fields those excellent drivers who have withdrawn to tuning, time trials or small group racing because they are over the general silliness found in the ad hoc fields that appear even when using set start times.

I'd like to see dealer customisation like they have in Test Drive Unlimited. To change the wheels and interior as well as paintjob to other dealer options. Anyone feel the 599 looks dissapointing because it has the star rims instead of the bigger (are they 20' ?) ones on the options list? Same with the '07 STI - the 5 spokers look much better than these BBS they give us. And I'm quite partial to a beige interior and sometimes I can't get it.

I would like accurate graphs depicting units so that one can tune an engine properly when regarding gear ratios. As of now, you can barely caclulate max hp and max tq at a given rpm.

But, you can't calculate hp/tq at any RPM other then max RPMs. This makes it extremely difficult when setting up gear ratios and optimal shift points.

I know it's been said a million times before , but now it's been said a million and 1 times now ------ , a new track , please , these are starting to get old.

Anyone think something new will be annouced / released with the Geneva Motor Show which is soon?

ok if GT5 is coming xmas 2009,PD worldwide release please!!, i`d take one track nothing too special, maybe special stage route 5, atleaset that way we`d have two tracks. i would also like a GT tuned version of the DB9.

the`ring,grand valley etc i can wait for GT5.

Back