GT5 Prologue Spec 4 - Would you like the next update to have??

• Thread starter s15specr
  • 457 comments
Sooo, i'm guessing that this info that appeared on several sites in april 2008:

"Gran Turismo Producer Kazunori Yamauchi has confirmed that car deformation will be incorporated in GT5 Prologue in the form of a downloadable update, possibly as soon as fall 2008.

Speaking to IGN Yamuachi commented, "maybe by Fall we'll be able to implement it,” before confirming that the feature would be implemented by way of a downloadable update."

..... is not happening? :D

But srsly, before Kaz says any sort of release date, he should think when it will be done and then just add a year to it.
I mean, i'd be disappointed - at first - if he said that GT5 will be released around christmas 2011, but less than i'd be when it really will after he said it will be 2010 :D

Last edited:
They need to record all those cars under load.....It's a big difference.

what load? you mean like they'll smash several of each of the the 1000 cars for GT5 full just to find out exactly how they'll look after? :D ......

The problem here is definitely optimizing. I mean, it has framerate drops as it is, if they actually want to smash the cars, they'll need to drop the 1080p and overally lower the load on the cell/spu's...

Only way to do that is with a dyno, and they make a lot of noise themselves. Not to mention all of the tire noise. Could be hard to do.

Only way to do that is with a dyno, and they make a lot of noise themselves. Not to mention all of the tire noise. Could be hard to do.

Thats how the Forza 2 team did it and you dont hear any dyno noises in the game. They had mic's all over the car too. Inside, outside, front and rear, on top.... you name it there was probably a mic there.

The only thing I see being a problem is the fact of how many cars we know Kaz wants to put in the game and has probably already finished. To go back and get all those cars again to re-record may be tough and extend the finish time even more. But it would be SO much better if they did!

Many of the cars they do actually drive around with microphones attached.

I would like the cockpit view to have a field of vision that is just a bit wider so that you're able to see at least partly out of the side windows without pressing a button

I would like to see what controllers the online time trial times are set with.

Im using the six axis (buttons aswell, not analogue sticks), and I know I will never get near the G25 times. It would be nice to know where the competition is.

The original 14 mile Nurburgring has to be in it for me plus other great real racing tracks such as Spa, the original Brno (Czech), Bathurst, Brands Hatch etc would be superb! More classic saloon racers from the 70's and 80's would be good too!

Bathurst would be an excellent addition to the game, as would Spa. One thing the GT series lacks are a few of the "classic" tracks from around the world. Monza, Spa, Brands Hatch, Bathurst, Watkins etc..

I would like to see the draft toned down to a REALISTIC level, at least in expert events. RBE is gone in the expert events, the exaggerated draft should be next on the list. This is supposed to be a driving simiulater...such exaggerated affects have no place in such a game imo.

Of course I would really like to see a new track in spec 4. I think it's about damn time we recieved a new track, being that the next game update will be spec 4, over a year after the initial release of GT5P.

It would actually be nice to have a spectator view. To look without actually participating in a race.

It would actually be nice to have a spectator view. To look without actually participating in a race.

I have often wanted that feature. But it has to be a new track, after all, its been so long without decent tracks. Give us something twisty and new!!
Nurburgring.....:dopey:

Oh, 2 more things. I want replay options for online races and to be able to turn the race music down so I can hear the roar of me V8.

I haven't read the entire thread, but a few of the suggestions have some possibility of happening.
  • New tracks, and an existing race course which is new to Gran Turismo would probably set the community on fire.
  • A choice selection of race cars. Ferrari race cars would just about put me into a coma for a while.
  • A few more high performance cars. Toyota is conspicuously absent. Maybe a Porsche, or Lamborghini perhaps?
  • A server list, with private lobbies would be ace. Voice chat should be implemented with it.
  • Time of day variations for each track. Night time racing will probably have to wait for GT5, if that.
  • Saving online replays.
  • Some sort of race mod shop? That would be a superb replacement for new race cars, especially if it includes a selection of bodykits ,decals and a paint shop with vinyl shapes for custom race liveries. But that's almost as unlikely as damage and weather. But... maybe Spec V? 💡
  • A race event creator.
  • A music list editor, along with empty slots in which we could load our own mp3s, oggs, wavs, whatever. Some of the music SONY chose for this are just horrendous, right down there with the music from Forza 2.
  • Prize money for Arcade Races,for those of us who don't enjoy two player online racing. Meh.
  • More events, such as for the tuner cars, and any race cars added.

Well, I'm done. For now...

EDIT: one more thing. They need to fix the Ford GT Concept car. It's practically a LeMans car, but it handles like the tires have oil on them. The stock Ford GT handles way better. GAH.

Last edited:
Well ive been waiting for a new update and we haven't sense OCT 3 and now im just getting pissed off each and every day because PD dont post any news of GT5p next update URGGG!!!

heavy penalty for Daytona road chicane shortcutters.. maybe invisible walls or something? :mischievous:

I think the best thing to do would be to use the shorter variation of the bus stop which is used during the Daytona 24 Hour. Cheaters may find cutting the corner would then be pointless, as the shorter bus stop would require drivers to enter the bus stop at a slower speed.

800px-Daytona_International_Speedway_-_Road_Course.svg.png

This map shows just how much shorter the variation of the bus stop used during the Daytona 24 Hour is.

How is the Bus Stop being short cutted? Going thru the grass on the left at turn 10 coming back on the track at turn 11?

I don't worry about the short cutters all that much, they take turn 10 and 11 (entry to bus stop) so fast by cutting they screw up on exit from overspeed, or they are on the brakes so hard they get unstable or make a real slow exit.

I'm not an Aussie, but I like the Bathurst track too from some videos, it's very unique and the downhill section is wonderful.

i would be happy if we get one track doesn't mater which one i'm just tired of this lot that we have, it would be best if get THE RING but i doubt thats gonna happen

i would be happy if we get one track doesn't mater which one i'm just tired of this lot that we have, it would be best if get THE RING but i doubt thats gonna happen

Kaz said that the ring will be in the full version only.

As long as we get something above the friking 500 to 650 crap they have been spewing out. Those races are fine but give us a 700 to 800pp pro world event.

Back