GT5 Prologue Spec 4 - Would you like the next update to have??

• Thread starter s15specr
  • 457 comments
Hmmm, that'll increase the fun no-end. After all, this is a game we're talking about, sim or no. :ill:

Why stop there? I've fitted a whoopee cushion and nitrogen canister to my DrivingForce EX in the event I should rear-end someone... safety first, people.

I also have my missus on standby to club me round the side of the head with a piece of 4x2 in the event of side impacts or vicious snap-back when using racing tyres. Painful yes but its all in the name of realism you understand.

One of the kids stands behind my chair to kick the back of it if I get punted. Then the dog kicks sand in my face and pisses on my foot when I spin off in the California.

Maybe the next update should have a disclaimer stating "No damages will be paid for injuries sustained during game-play"

:dunce:

Man, I laughed! :)

Let's keep the game fun, I agree.

...Why stop there? I've fitted a whoopee cushion and nitrogen canister to my DrivingForce EX in the event I should rear-end someone... safety first, people.

I also have my missus on standby to club me round the side of the head with a piece of 4x2 in the event of side impacts or vicious snap-back when using racing tyres. Painful yes but its all in the name of realism you understand.

One of the kids stands behind my chair to kick the back of it if I get punted. Then the dog kicks sand in my face and pisses on my foot when I spin off in the California.

Maybe the next update should have a disclaimer stating "No damages will be paid for injuries sustained during game-play"

lol!:lol: Now that's realism!!:lol:
Taking your gaming to the next level!:D
I hope you never have any side impact's as that lump of 4x2 will end your racing career!:lol:
Funny post mate,
On-topic: Private Race rooms is deffinitly number one for the next update.👍
Rusty*

Hmmm, that'll increase the fun no-end. After all, this is a game we're talking about, sim or no. :ill:

Why stop there? I've fitted a whoopee cushion and nitrogen canister to my DrivingForce EX in the event I should rear-end someone... safety first, people.

:sly:

Tyre wear would be a great intro to racing, as this could increase the difference in driving styles, from those who drive smooth Through to those that throw the cars around corners.Giving realism to the game is what we are all chasing yer?

alright, indeed tyre damage could be the first great part for damage in general , tyre saving in some longer races, so there could be some strategy involved.

we will see what this weekend/TGS will have for us(i hope for great things)

like ImagineByLennon mentioned already in wich degree would we all like damage?
I would say

2)intermediate damage:body deformation and mechanical issues,putting the car in a slower driving mode ?

because it will affect the car if you just are a idiot who wants to play bumper cars. but not in the degree that you can't drive annymore or just the "GAME OVER" thing because your transmission broke down. that would be realism but not for the "fun"

alright, indeed tyre damage could be the first great part for damage in general , tyre saving in some longer races, so there could be some strategy involved.

we will see what this weekend/TGS will have for us(i hope for great things)

like ImagineByLennon mentioned already in wich degree would we all like damage?
I would say

2)intermediate damage:body deformation and mechanical issues,putting the car in a slower driving mode ?

because it will affect the car if you just are a idiot who wants to play bumper cars. but not in the degree that you can't drive annymore or just the "GAME OVER" thing because your transmission broke down. that would be realism but not for the "fun"
Yes the details of how damage to your car will effect the the cars performance is something that will probably be changed and worked on once damage in a basic form is introduced into Prologue for testing. It will be easier to make informed decisions once we can actually put it into action.:)👍

I couldn't care less about more cars - I only regularly drive 8 or 9 of the cars anyway. What we desperately need is more TRACKS. Most GTPers have now driven Suzuka thousands of times - it's starting to get a little ridiculous.

I'm beginning to understand how PD's insistence on "perfection" can be a negative: I wish they would focus more on getting us a better racing experience - more tracks, private rooms - sooner, rather than turning out perfectly modelled car exteriors & interiors. I'm worried it's going to be another year or more til GT5 appears, by which time we'll all be capable of driving around Suzuka blindfolded!

I'm worried it's going to be another year or more til GT5 appears, by which time we'll all be capable of driving around Suzuka blindfolded!

Looking at how many cars end up in the gravel @ turn 1, I guess some drivers are already trying.:lol::lol::lol:

Another thing PD don't understand is what a diffrence little effects make:

sparks
tyre smoke which isen't half-arsed
glowing breaks
backfire etc.

watching replys with no effects dosen't look like racing car on a track- it looks like fixed models turning corner and getting faster / slower- boring.

Yes Track Tracks Tracks or only one good Track!

Suzuka and Eiger Nordwand are the strong tracks,the others are too simple... (played London only 5-10 times :embarrassed: don´t like it)

Yes Track Tracks Tracks or only one good Track!

Suzuka and Eiger Nordwand are the strong tracks,the others are too simple... (played London only 5-10 times :embarrassed: don´t like it)

Hmmm, agree with you about the London track - if we have to have a street circuit can it not be New York or Seoul or something? Even R246 was more fun to drive than the London circuit!

Can't get on board with Eiger though - pretty to look at, but its not a race track, and that big jump just *isn't* right!

I would love to see Nurburgring and a lot of people on here keep saying PD will hold it back until GT5 full - well, they might, but they didn't do that with Ferrari, and I imagine that was a big pull for some people, so there is hope!

Failing that, lets have some of the old tracks brought up to HD levels - Trial mountain, Grand Valley Speedway, Deep Forest, Laguna. Any (or all) of them would keep me happy for the time being.

Oh, and a Koenniggsegg please PD ;-)

Rich

No more Specs, thanks, I would like to have full GT5 and friend invites and maybe few more tracks for Prologue ( city courses preferably ), that's all! 👍

Last edited:
I couldn't care less about more cars - I only regularly drive 8 or 9 of the cars anyway. What we desperately need is more TRACKS. Most GTPers have now driven Suzuka thousands of times - it's starting to get a little ridiculous.

I'm beginning to understand how PD's insistence on "perfection" can be a negative: I wish they would focus more on getting us a better racing experience - more tracks, private rooms - sooner, rather than turning out perfectly modelled car exteriors & interiors. I'm worried it's going to be another year or more til GT5 appears, by which time we'll all be capable of driving around Suzuka blindfolded!
I agree with every word.

One of the best aspects of the GT series is apart from playing these games you cannot help but admire the realistic graphics. For example I hardly watched any replays on Forza 2 and yet can spend ages watching my replays on prologue. However we're near to the stage where the gameplay could suffer if no new tracks are released. Lets use the Citroen GT as an example, how much time and effort went into developing this car and the following videos on GTTV. Surely this time could of been used more wisely by introducing new tracks.

If the full version of GT5 isn't realised until late 2010/2011 then as prologue currently stands many will become bored of it, if there not already. However if 3 new tracks are released with the added feature of Private rooms then this will extend the lifespan of Prologue a great deal.

One final point I wish to make is the wiping of the time trial leaderboards every time there is an update. If there is going to be another update then I would prefer all the content to be released at the same time rather than staggering the updates every few months. The reason being is many, including myself, enjoy going for laptimes but its hard to find the motivation knowing that these times could be wiped in a few weeks time. If however I knew no update is likely for another year then I would attempt every time trial leaderboard there is.

oh, i forgot to mention private rooms and the ability to race those on your friends list.

we do need more tracks though if PD is going to keep us waiting until 2010/11/12 for GT5, the current tracks have already gotten old.

^^ criminally funny!

1.more tracks
2.private rooms/clubs/etc. (and voice chat)
3.create playlists with my own mp3s (the ingame music is lame not to mention repetitive)
4.polish the interface
5. more european/us cars (I'm not saying they should remove existing japonese cars in favor of new cars, just add more cars altogether). Someone wrote earlier that why ask for more cars if you drive just 4-5 cars anyway - you don't know if you'd change your preferences after some additions. :)

The funny thing is you can't even drive all tracks online, i want drive all tracks. London and Eiger are a lot of fun online, yet I ve driven there rarely ( wonder why ) .

If the full version of GT5 isn't realised until late 2010/2011 then as prologue currently stands many will become bored of it, if there not already. However if 3 new tracks are released with the added feature of Private rooms then this will extend the lifespan of Prologue a great deal.

I agree with every word of you agreeing with every word. ;)

There's something a bit pathetic about our little GT5P cult: so much dedication to such a slender product. Round & round Suzuka we go over & over & over again. Give us 3 new tracks, or, preferably the Nordschleife, & I think we could get through another 12 months or so without feeling like a bunch of pathetic losers. :rolleyes:

Keeping it realistic as in something PD would be willing to implement, not something realistic as in true to life.

So because you are a fan of this it means everybody else is forced to do this. This is just another selfish request. We should have the option to do things like this and not be forced to do stuff we cant do properly nor do we wish to do this.

They're already forcing you to shift in traditional matter, drifting or not. This is just a different solution to the same problem. Try doing a handful of laps in a real car, going flat out and without heel-and-toeing, and see how long your clutch lasts.

I agree with every word.

One of the best aspects of the GT series is apart from playing these games you cannot help but admire the realistic graphics. For example I hardly watched any replays on Forza 2 and yet can spend ages watching my replays on prologue. However we're near to the stage where the gameplay could suffer if no new tracks are released. Lets use the Citroen GT as an example, how much time and effort went into developing this car and the following videos on GTTV. Surely this time could of been used more wisely by introducing new tracks.

One final point I wish to make is the wiping of the time trial leaderboards every time there is an update. If there is going to be another update then I would prefer all the content to be released at the same time rather than staggering the updates every few months. The reason being is many, including myself, enjoy going for laptimes but its hard to find the motivation knowing that these times could be wiped in a few weeks time. If however I knew no update is likely for another year then I would attempt every time trial leaderboard there is.

I think the only reason they erase the leaderboards is because if there is any sort of physics change, advantage or disadvantage, then the fastest time on an older physics engine would be unfair to the fastest time on a newer physics engine, whether that new fastest time is slower than the original or not. So instead of having a bunch of combined physics engines, they just erase the times until the next update.

Keeping it realistic as in something PD would be willing to implement, not something realistic as in true to life.

Oh really, is that what you meant? Silly me for missing the point....

Or is it you that missed the point? (Which was humour in case you still don't get it :) )

They're already forcing you to shift in traditional matter, drifting or not. This is just a different solution to the same problem. Try doing a handful of laps in a real car, going flat out and without heel-and-toeing, and see how long your clutch lasts.

Yes, that's right.. since everyone that plays GT has a G25 and uses the clutch. We are after all real race racing drivers and this isn't just a game.

Oh really, is that what you meant? Silly me for missing the point....

Or is it you that missed the point? (Which was humour in case you still don't get it :) )

Really? I had no idea. Don't quit your day job though, if you have one.

Yes, that's right.. since everyone that plays GT has a G25 and uses the clutch. We are after all real race racing drivers and this isn't just a game.

Everyone with a job, who's really into motorsports, might. And guess what, they might also own a car... A stick shift car!!! Wow! And you know what else, they might be so into motorsports that they take out that car to track events or auto-x every now and then. And is it possible... could it be that they are looking to get that same thrill from a game that's all about simulating real life. Can you believe that? Stupid petrol heads. Don't they know better not to go looking for racing thrills in a game labeled as "The real driving simulator"

Really? I had no idea. Don't quit your day job though, if you have one.

Indeed... I am a truck driver, Class I. My truck is a Renault Premium 420DCi. It has a manual 16 speed gear box and grosses 44tonnes when loaded.

Everyone with a job, who's really into motorsports, might. And guess what, they might also own a car... A stick shift car!!! Wow! And you know what else, they might be so into motorsports that they take out that car to track events or auto-x every now and then. And is it possible... could it be that they are looking to get that same thrill from a game that's all about simulating real life. Can you believe that? Stupid petrol heads. Don't they know better not to go looking for racing thrills in a game labeled as "The real driving simulator"

I have raced VFR400RR(NC30)s at various UK circuits and also dabbled in racing Caterham 7s, also in the UK. I think I may be a petrol head but I'm not sure...?

Unfortunately, though, my sofa at home doesn't give me much feedback when it comes to weight shift in driving games... and my gaming wheel set clutch has no biting point. Neither does my brake pedal tell me much about what the car wheels are doing. None of this seems to stem most people's enjoyment of the game though. In fact many of them continue to enjoy the game using a joypad... I mean, how dare they! Its odd really that this real driving simulator is actually just a game and a bit of fun. :) If I want real, I'll book another couple of sessions at Cadwell Park...

What you suggest would limit the game to racing drivers... who actually prefer to race real cars anyway. I reckon this may just limit PD's customer base a bit, don't you?

Your sarcasm needs work too mate, since you assume I am an unemployed teenager who can't drive... I am 37, have been driving for 20 years and in the UK we call it a manual as opposed to stick shift.

You have a nice day now, ya hear :)

Last edited:
And is it possible... could it be that they are looking to get that same thrill from a game that's all about simulating real life. Can you believe that? Stupid petrol heads. Don't they know better not to go looking for racing thrills in a game labeled as "The real driving simulator"
So you think you can get the same thrill from a racing game (or simulator) as racing in real life? :lol: You should know better than that.

And yes, I have a job (I own a company as a matter of fact), have two cars with manual transmission, of which I take one for a spin on the track every now and then.

And when I get home I whip out the G25, set it to sequential and let it rip. Hell, I'll even use the controller every now and then, just because it's fun.

If you want to be restricted to proper racing techniques, get a real simulator (which will cost you many thousands of dollars) or go the track. KY clearly stated that he wanted this game playable for all, whether they are using a controller or wheel (with or without clutch) does not matter. If it's hardcore (physical) realism you're after, you're looking in the wrong place, my friend. :)

Last edited:
Hi all...new to gtp, really learning alot from the forums. It seems one of the biggest peeves is the punting going on. I had a thought on how this might be fixed, but it would need to be worked into an update.
1 - an option would need to be added to driving menu. Choose either "clean" or "aggressive" driving styles
2 - when racing online you would need to choose "clean" or "aggressive" events
3 - anyone racing in a "clean" race who gets into a high speed collision, or does too much bumping would automatically have their style changed to "agggressive" and would need to race x amount of clean races to change it back to clean
....just a thought

Hi all...new to gtp, really learning alot from the forums. It seems one of the biggest peeves is the punting going on. I had a thought on how this might be fixed, but it would need to be worked into an update.
1 - an option would need to be added to driving menu. Choose either "clean" or "aggressive" driving styles
2 - when racing online you would need to choose "clean" or "aggressive" events
3 - anyone racing in a "clean" race who gets into a high speed collision, or does too much bumping would automatically have their style changed to "agggressive" and would need to race x amount of clean races to change it back to clean
....just a thought
Welcome to GTP mate!!:D Hope you like it here.
Sort of like 'earning' your right to be classed as a clean driver, and also earning the right to race in Clean event's...I kinda like the idea actually, it would prevent a lot of punting!👍
However I don't know how PD would implement this sytem though.
Cheer's for the idea's mate.;)
Rusty*

I only want Nurburgring in spec 4 or whatever its name gonna be. Nothing more, nothing less only the ring its self...

Last edited:

I realy dont care how it is in real life in driving on a track. If I want to be forced to drive like its real I will go to a track and drive that way , otherwise I dont want to be forced to drive in a way I am not comfortable with. Its unfair to force anything on a person and your suggestion is just selfish in my opinion.

Maybe PD could implement an option for online racing to force others to race that way but offline I do not want to be forced to race in any way that I am not comfortable with.

i want a supra mk4 , im amazed still at how theres no mention of this in the game or in development... it has to be one of the best rear wheel drived monsters.

I want Nurburgring or the Top Gear Test track. But both Tracks are better for Time Trials I think. It would be too hard to pass on these too tracks online.

Back