GT5 Track Editor Thread

• Thread starter Tapey
  • 1,324 comments
There's an elevation change setting, isn't there? Or is that just a spec that the game tells you based on your layout?

If you can set it, maybe that, combined with a high complexity, will move the track at Mt. Aso from the plains to the actual hills.

There's an elevation change setting, isn't there? Or is that just a spec that the game tells you based on your layout?

If you can set it, maybe that, combined with a high complexity, will move the track at Mt. Aso from the plains to the actual hills.

I think somehow from what is seen the topography is fixed, but the course maker tries to place each new layout across the topography each time a variable is changed to fit.
It's still a bit of a mystery up to this point.

Here are the parameters that can be set:

Number of Sections: Define the number of sections that make up the course.
Weather: On some of the tracks, you can set the time of day, which will determine the amount and angle of the sunlight.
Time of Day: Set the time of day, and with it the brightness and direction of sunlight.

Complexity: The higher the number, the more bends the section will contain.
Road Width: The higher the number, the greater the course width.
Corner Sharpness: The higher the number, the sharper the corners.

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/coursemaker/

I find it borderline offensive that you can create insanely detailed and graphic-intensive rally tracks , yet its impossible to create a simple banked ovals.

You can't call "that" track editor... PD talked about a simple track editor wich can be used by everybody, i know. But INMO is TOO simple and is a very poor feature.
I'm totaly disapointed with this feature. I thought it was something like TrackMania or Mod Nation Racers... I was so naive I thought... grrr

You can't call "that" track editor... PD talked about a simple track editor wich can be used by everybody, i know. But INMO is TOO simple and is a very poor feature.
I'm totaly disapointed with this feature. I thought it was something like TrackMania or Mod Nation Racers... I was so naive I thought... grrr

I know Kaz was very impressed with the Track Editor in Modnation. I am sure we will get the PD rendition eventually. Like Interludes said above, there was a lot that Kaz and PD wanted to include, but were unable to because of constraints of time size and PS3 hardware. I would be surprised if there was never a more in depth track creator in a GT game, whether it be an add on for GT5, a feature in GT6... or GT7... or...

Ridiculous, Point to Point stages are featured in the game...and since they only allow staggered starts dont even talk about processor intensive...
Having pre-made point-to-point stages is entirely different to having a user-generated point-to-point stage. It would require an entirely different set of coding when the game is being written. Maybe Polyphony found that coding was buggy and they couldn't sort it out. Maybe they ran out of space for said coding and decided to trim it out. There's half a dozen reasons why it might have happened.

Well the manual does say there is a point to point option...

Hope, still, this could make or break the rally part of GT for me.

Seen Eiger K, nothing spectacular, its long, fast and whatever but really I've seen more interesting RBR stages that max at 80kmh with turns as slow as 20kmh, GRAND CANYON was more interesting to me..

The PD generated rally stages are too wide and simple.

Not feeling Toscana gravel or Chamonix at all.

Sad to see theres only 1 gravel theme(Liege).

So for me it's riding on the PTP ability in Course Maker.

We've been told right from the moment it was first announced that it wasn't going to be as in depth as that and that it wasn't a detailed track editor.

I don't know about anyone else but I always felt it was going to be more of an additional side to the game rater than a key feature. It's a decent feature, I'd expect GT6 to improve on the track maker to at least offer more options, ideally it would let us design our own layouts though.

You need to look at it more as a semi-random course generator, than an editor.

I like it, and think I understand it, but I'm still deep in testing at the moment.

I made a complete oval in tokyo bay and it works very well. Almost perfectly oval, I made the whole track thin and named it Overtake Oval. Its pretty hard to overtake opponents in this track lol

What do you guys think? Can be done?

captureba.jpg

I don't get why people has starting to nick picking the track creator,and I mean it as creator because there is endless possibilities of making great driving roads or tracks,10 Km of track really makes you enjoy the physics and the scenery,also makes you enjoy the drive,an that is the whole point of the creator,to have a good time.

Initially I was thinking the same,-"Well I will make Spa"-I thought that initially ,but then is not an editor,you can create awesome tracks in modnations,but I like more the fell of randomness to it in GT5,I have spend like 4 hours in this feature and maybe more in the near future and the thing is that is (personally)is the best feature on GT5,you might be asking why?.

Well the editor throws you random tracks,then you race AI,If the AI isn't that good then you have the option to save it and take it for time trials,and for me with a good setting is having various sections of nurburgring on different scenarios to choose from,always with something different, different elevation, different corners that really makes you concentrate on driving and just driving.

The goal of this feature is mainly to take some variety on where you drive and how you drive,making the generated tracks like twisting roads an very demanding rally stages,what I like most of all is that the feature was meant to be done with premium cars,a sunset drive looks incredible and the view on a demanding road is always scary at night.

My point is,if you want to enjoy the track creator you have to see it as what is called,a "track creator",not a track editor,because it was not meant to be a developer tool,it was meant like something to have fun and go mad,GT series is more about enjoy the game that customising it.

Guys have a go in a generated track with the max value of complexity and elevation changes on toscana tarmac road,not dirt,with max number of stages(I think it allows 9)and set it at 17:30,drive it in a 458 Italia or a gallardo,and you will find the whole point of it 👍 .

And please upload a video of it,I don't have a good recording equipment to show as the game does.

Quick question here:

Can user-created tracks be raced with online??

Im happy with what it is all i wanna know is can we make some freakin point to point courses!!???

Neither feature appears to be in the game at present. However, there is said to be a patch coming some time in Decemeber that may allow you do to so, and Kazunori Yamauchi has implied that various features will be rolled out over the coming weeks and months that your PS3 would receive as updates.

However, don't quote me on either count - it's hardly gospel.

When you've made a track, save it. Then on GT Life home page go to the track icon. Click the track you made and set to online (share with friends)
Now when they look at your profile and click your track icon they will see them and can race them

When you've made a track, save it. Then on GT Life home page go to the track icon. Click the track you made and set to online (share with friends)
Now when they look at your profile and click your track icon they will see them and can race them

Ok that kinda worked but when i goto start a room i cannot select the course i made. so at this point and time it doesnt look like me and my friends can race on it online together.

Back