GT5P Online Event Update. Friday 28th 5a.m.

Just did 3 races at Daytona rd event, won 2 races by 30 sec + hardto really say cause others were having a hard time. Other race I was 2nd could'nt gain ground,so it seems RBE is gone in this one.

Just did 3 races at Daytona rd event, won 2 races by 30 sec + hardto really say cause others were having a hard time. Other race I was 2nd could'nt gain ground,so it seems RBE is gone in this one.

Did you drive any free-runs before race... if laptimes were same as in race, there is no RBE anymore.

Just tried Fuji in an F430, just two of us, the other guy in an Imprezza, i spun and was 12 seconds behind :dunce: i noticed no RBE? and the gap stayed constant, he waited on the 3rd lap and we had a close race from there, F430 on N3's :nervous:

Yes, RBE seems to be gone on Daytona Road! DaddyVDUB would like another shot at you!
Forgot to change the PP from FUJI, was down about 60PP.

Update is here in the UK (PAL). I like the sound of the expert events (haven't tried them yet) but I'm already missing PP650/PP600, S2 tyres, Suzuka...

Expert Events:

PP650, S2 tyres, Daytona Road.

I didnt race on the Daytona to much. Is this the oval thing or what? Any right hand turns?

I didnt race on the Daytona to much. Is this the oval thing or what? Any right hand turns?

Daytona Road is a nice track... inside is pretty technical, mixed in with the long straights... pretty good combo... I've enjoyed past events there a lot! I especially love the Bus stop 👍

-edit: its a pity though theres no expert events with race tires or no tire restrictions... I dont mind the PP levels... I just want to be able to do R tires, with no RBE... for once. That should be fun :)

It's quite enjoyable road indeed, you just need to give it few laps. Many places to pass, and hard to get perfect lap. That oval-section is littlebit too long to my liking, but it's Real Track, so that raises it's value in my mind.

Refreshing to have something 'new', I think. Suzuka will feel more fun again, when we get it back next year. ;)

They also forgot to give EXPERT a world event! And why do they not have a standing start at Daytona Road? Other than that, not to bad of an update!

Just spent the last 3 hrs running at Daytona.There is no RBE and the car to beat so far is the Cali.The F430 has a chance once the tune is right but this will not be domonated by 4wd or the tuned cars.The GTR seems to hold its own but time will tell as the Cali won 4 out 5 when a GTR was running.This race is a blast! You all will love it.👍

...but this will not be domonated by 4wd or the tuned cars...

I havent started tuning yet :lol:.... If im lucky my old tune will work as a good base for Daytona road with the Mine's ;) Except, I think the PP restrictions will again deem it as uncompetitive.... We will see though which cars dominate as time passes, see you all tonight in sunny Daytona!

Yep, some right handers in the infield :sly:

Daytona Road is a nice track... inside is pretty technical, mixed in with the long straights... pretty good combo... I've enjoyed past events there a lot! I especially love the Bus stop 👍

-edit: its a pity though theres no expert events with race tires or no tire restrictions... I dont mind the PP levels... I just want to be able to do R tires, with no RBE... for once. That should be fun :)

It's quite enjoyable road indeed, you just need to give it few laps. Many places to pass, and hard to get perfect lap. That oval-section is littlebit too long to my liking, but it's Real Track, so that raises it's value in my mind.

Refreshing to have something 'new', I think. Suzuka will feel more fun again, when we get it back next year. ;)

OK Thanks! - How about cuts? Is it still possible to get faster laptimes by wallriding or cutting in and out of the infield track?

OK Thanks! - How about cuts? Is it still possible to get faster laptimes by wallriding or cutting in and out of the infield track?

To my recollection cutting and wallriding is hard on this track, it IS possible to cut the busstop though... thats about it... touching the grass is also a killer if I remember correctly...

So now we have somekind of new era, cause RBE is away!

There was times when past events were littlebit quiet, and even there was good events, it was hard to get many good players to same grid.

I hope many drivers will come back from their wargames, so we would have lots of drivers in every schedule what will be created... but if not, separating these few dozen hardcore-fans to many different specific events aint best solution.

My suggestion is that first everyone would test every new event, and manykind of cars with full PP's, before creating specific events. Main events will be basic quarters I think... someone could create main-schedule for Fuji too.

I assume everyone will have most best racing-experience, when there is so many good racers on same grid, as possible.

When some time has passed, we will find what cars dominate, and is it boring or not. Then it's time for organize interesting theme-nights, specially if some schedules will be full of 'one-make-dominators' and you wanted to drive something else too, but your racing-nature not allow you to do that.

T&L's theme-events are very good example. Even it is only one race-night, people are riding those Lotuses, and findind best possible setups for that Main-Event. More that kind of specific nights!

Me and some of my GT-friends have organized 'Schumacher-night' every thursday, so when we decide new track, I will hope so many as possible to join our track-meet also. It's been blast for months! Right now Schummy-Award is hold by Aleska. (I dont know do we have meet today, cause this update came so suddenly)

This is the bad one Isnt it?

It is the only place to cut and you gain quite a bit of time so punters and cheaters alike WILL cut this one when possible... it was the same way when the F1 event was there and the 750PP event from the past in Spec I or II was held there.....

That would be some poor program design if that was the case! PD are better than that... hell, even an amateur programmer like me could get around that :) The fact that turning off RBE so quickly at the request of super_fla suggest to me that they have coded it in a way that all manor of configurations are easily done at the flick of a (logic) switch! :D

NO EXPERT WORLD EVENT????? Told you so! :lol:

Here are all the events as I see them from my PAL copy:

Beg Mid-Size Cars HSR /STD Up to 12 Players - World competition
Beg Sports Cars Suz East /STD Up to 12 Players
Beg Super Cars Daytona Speedway /STD Up to 12 Players

Int PP650 HSR /STD Up to 12 Players
Int PP750 Suz Circuit /STD Up to 12 Players - World competition
Int Cali at Eiger /STD Up to 12 Players

Exp PP550 Fuji F / PRO Up to 16 Players - N3 tyres
Exp PP650 Daytona Road /PRO Up to 16 Players - S2 tyres
Exp Citroen at Suz Circuit /PRO Up to 16 Players - S1 tyres

I'd like to take this opportunity to voluteer my software development expertise to PD so we can at least get a WE non-RBE event back in the mix before the next update - if someone there reads this please send me a PM and we can discuss details of the contract. :)

What the heck,a 550pp event on N3s at fuji ,thats like watching paint dry. Mayby at London or Eiger but FUJI?? Other than Daytona Rd theres not much going on,Need more Expert Events,& please can we get a WE for expert.

Oh almost forgot the Citeron event at Suzy. WOW theres a crowd pleaser.

^Someone clearly has never tried racing Suzuki Swifts at Suzuka.

Yay, Daytona Road again, haven't raced that track enough. PP550 Fuji will be excellent too. Hmm, maybe this might be a good time to resurrect the Suzuki Swift Cup?

I don't know, lots of wide track, plenty of straights, sounds great for lots of passing action with the lower PP. It will also provide some interesting differences in setup, as it does with higher PP races.

I can't wait for some lower PP expert events. I really want to drive some of the awesome lower powered cars, it should be awesomely competitive.

NO EXPERT WORLD EVENT????? Told you so! :lol:

Here are all the events as I see them from my PAL copy:

Beg Mid-Size Cars HSR /STD Up to 12 Players - World competition
Beg Sports Cars Suz East /STD Up to 12 Players
Beg Super Cars Daytona Speedway /STD Up to 12 Players

Int PP650 HSR /STD Up to 12 Players
Int PP750 Suz Circuit /STD Up to 12 Players - World competition
Int Cali at Eiger /STD Up to 12 Players

Exp PP550 Fuji F / PRO Up to 16 Players - N3 tyres
Exp PP650 Daytona Road /PRO Up to 16 Players - S2 tyres
Exp Citroen at Suz Circuit /PRO Up to 16 Players - S1 tyres

I'd like to take this opportunity to voluteer my software development expertise to PD so we can at least get a WE non-RBE event back in the mix before the next update - if someone there reads this please send me a PM and we can discuss details of the contract. :)

Haha! That's different. We didn't say whether this update would have an Expert WE or not, we were talking about whether it's possible to have RBE and a WE... weren't we? :) I think it will be.

...but whilst the hardcore (Expert racers) are buying PAL and NTSC copies, PD won't give us Expert WEs - just a cynical view :)

I'll also put myself forward to flick / repair the WE switch.

A modest suggestion:

anyone contemplating buying a second (different region) copy of GT5P might be better-off buying Ferrari Challenge. It's not without its flaws, but at least you can go online, set up a race with any of the cars available, with opponents you choose, for the race length you choose, in weather conditions conditions you choose, on whichever of the variety of (great) tracks you choose, & go through a whole evening of racing on a different track each time.

Yes, I have enjoyed & continue to enjoy GT5P online, but the limitations & repetition are getting a bit tiresome. I would really recommend fellow GTPers give FC a try. 👍

Good that the RBE seems to have gone for good but I think the pps are again at least 50pp too high. 550pp seems ridiculous to me on N3 tyres and yet again the car choice is hugely restricted. I would like to see 400/450pp hot hatch race on N3s but I suppose we can always create one?

Back