GT5P Online Rankings

• Thread starter sstein
  • 127 comments
OK. Look everyone here has hotlapped and almost everyone has races online, so you must see the differences. For hot lapping you need to be relaxed calm and concentrate on doing the same thing each lap just a little bit better.
For racing you need to study your copitition to see where they are going to leave an opening and be prepaired to take advantage of it. If your just hotlapping behind someone, your going to be on the edge of grip witch limits your options to make passes. racing requires you to be controled. Hotlapping requires one to drive at the knife edge of control. two very different skill sets but both are nessisary if you want to win consistently.

my $.02

b

TOO LATE MOD!!! :grumpy:

Sokay tho I just logged on here before going to itv sport to find out. Went kayaking this weekend by mistake. Didn't realise it was race weekend till I saw a paper and by that time I was on an island with a tent pitched and a beer in my paw.

I just had some races against established hotlapper DIV, and while I'd say I'm faster and more efficient at getting through traffic, once DIV would get into clean air, the race was his. Great races dude! A combination of both of our skills would create the ultimate racer. :)

established?

Alright maybe he doesn't meet your specifications of a hotlapper, whatever that may be. But I was talking to him and he said he was a hotlapper, and I mentioned this thread and he said he's on the hotlapping side of it, so to me, that means he's a hotlapper. I don't look at leaderboards or forums to see results, I just race and enjoy it.

EDK
Some people's comments suggested that, yes. :dopey:

But we won't keep talking about that now, will we? :dunce:

Hopefully not, I just wanted to make sure that my two cents weren't off topic, because that was the whole point I was trying to make: That hotlapping will help you be a better racer, as log as you practice proper passing that is, anyone who just takes the fastlane, and bumps whomever off the track that they need to to get into first are not hotlappers, they're idiot's who can't drive :banghead: ...

Alright maybe he doesn't meet your specifications of a hotlapper, whatever that may be. But I was talking to him and he said he was a hotlapper, and I mentioned this thread and he said he's on the hotlapping side of it, so to me, that means he's a hotlapper. I don't look at leaderboards or forums to see results, I just race and enjoy it.

That's fine. I mealy wished to know why you viewed him as 'established'. Now I know, Thanks.

Latest Posts

Back