• Thread starter alba
  • 477 comments

alba

Into very fine pixels.
Premium
United States
Rockford, MI
dw-alba
I thought I'd make a thread for the patch thing as it's getting pretty late in japan and I guess the download will be up for midnight? or something.

Anyways, whenever you guys spot it, just say it here :D

from the dates i saw. the updating usually is at around mid day in australia. its 1030pm now so i expect the update wont be up until the morning. ill be checking every little while though.

Bah, i wanna join you guys online once the patch is here, but i'm still waiting for my copy :( The Japanese PSN updates are around 14:00 GMT+1 most of the time, so i guess the patch will launch at that time aswell.

12:37 atm, woot! :D

I don't have my physical copy yet but thank god i have the psn one meanwhile, can't freaking wait to see what the online is going to be!

12:37 atm, woot! :D

I don't have my physical copy yet but thank god i have the psn one meanwhile, can't freaking wait to see what the online is going to be!

Yeah i would like to see how the online mode works, please let us know once the patch is here :) Meanwhile i'm playing some GT4, but it seens that the latest PS3 firmware messed up GT4 :S

weird, i've heard a few people say that but only on NTSC ps3, pal ones should be fine (i got the latest update and mine works fine)

off to do some more gt5 driving to get used to the wheel :P (i got my fresh homemade cockpit in my bedroom now, just need a few fixes and paint and i'm ready to roll in online for countless hours :D

weird, i've heard a few people say that but only on NTSC ps3, pal ones should be fine (i got the latest update and mine works fine)

off to do some more gt5 driving to get used to the wheel :P (i got my fresh homemade cockpit in my bedroom now, just need a few fixes and paint and i'm ready to roll in online for countless hours :D

Hehe, good luck!
I got the GT4 problem fixed, since i have the new firmware i turned on the "Full RGB" and "Super White". PS3 games look better that way, but it seens that PS2 games get framedrops if you turn it on. Turned it off and everything works fine again 👍

hehe, good stuff (I was on Full RGB and super white too) but the black are way too dark on my tv so i put it back on limited and kept super white :P

Edit, just saw this on NeoGAF (dunno where it's from)

Temporary maintenance of the online service of “Gran Turismo 5 Prologue” will be performed from 6 am to midday on December 25th 2007.

The following online services cannot be used during maintenance.

- Display and playback of some programs in GT-TV
- News
- Dealer News
- The display of information in My Page (clock/calendar/maps/weather)
- The display of motor sports-related news in My Page

Note: Menu items apart from those listed above do not use the network and so can be used as normal.
Note: The range of services that are affected may change due to future updates.

Source

It's now 22.58, 24th December in Japan!

Hope the download becomes available at midnight?

I thought I'd make a thread for the patch thing as it's getting pretty late in japan and I guess the download will be up for midnight? or something.

Anyways, whenever you guys spot it, just say it here :D

It very well may be a patch, but there's a very good chance the game will download nothing as it's probably allready in game and it just needs to be unlocked by PD, and is just something they haven't unlocked because their servers weren't ready maybe.

i hightly doubt its a patch or anything new to download aswell. more than likely when the servers are up PD will just unlock the online mode as they did with the car unveilings in the demo.

well its xmas here in australia so merry xmas to all

Yeah, it may be already there in the game, just needs the service at the other end to run..... Really wanting this update badly, hope PD haven't delayed it again!

Lets hope that its not because our PS3's are not in Japan at the moment and only people there can play online...... eek!!

Robin

since i shared the game, i hope the patch doesn't ruin things... well, we'll see. if they didn't wanted us to share, then i guess GT5P would be just like warhawk (tied into one account)

since i shared the game, i hope the patch doesn't ruin things... well, we'll see. if they didn't wanted us to share, then i guess GT5P would be just like warhawk (tied into one account)

You mean in the way that Microsoft don't want people to "share" their OS on the internet? 💡

Given how strict this forum is regarding what people can or cannot post in the forum, I suggest you keep all information about sharing the game to yourself. ;)

movies? where? (if you're talking about the christmas ones they were up a like two days ago :D

movies? where? (if you're talking about the christmas ones they were up a like two days ago :D

All of them? Including the digest? Strange if so because they didnt show up for me untill tonight.

You mean in the way that Microsoft don't want people to "share" their OS on the internet? 💡

Given how strict this forum is regarding what people can or cannot post in the forum, I suggest you keep all information about sharing the game to yourself. ;)

I think Sony allows game sharing openly.

You can share your Store downloaded games with up to five friends. Of course, you'll have to give them access to your account password, meaning they have access to your wallet and stuff, so you'll have to be close friends.

If you delete buyers account from your PS3, the game stops working complaining about copyright. That's what happened to me when I accidentaly deleted my friend's account from my PS3.

He shares with me Tekken 5, and we match each other online at the same time without problems. I can play online or offline with my own PSN account, as long as his is in my PS3.

All of them? Including the digest? Strange if so because they didnt show up for me untill tonight.

yes it was like yesterday morning i had all of them in my gttv somehow :embarrassed:

I have a feeling we're not going to have online access until our calander on our specific home page hits midnight and changes to the 25th. So depending on what time zone you're in will determine when it will be available. I don't think it matters what time it is in Japan, only what each of our home page calander and clock reads. Any comments on this "theory" ?

I have a feeling we're not going to have online access until our calander on our specific home page hits midnight and changes to the 25th. So depending on what time zone you're in will determine when it will be available. I don't think it matters what time it is in Japan, only what each of our home page calander and clock reads. Any comments on this "theory" ?

weak.

Any comments on this "theory" ?

Yes. Its weak. My calander says the 25th and nothing is unlocked. I am pretty sure you will have to download the online mode. I dont think it would be on the disc.

Still waiting on any updates, COME ON PD me needs online :D

EDIT: I launched the game again and it says something in japanese with the website before the intro and in the news part of it :embarrassed:
(login on my japanese account now to check).

EDIT2: Ahhh I get it things are not available as they're doing the maintenance in japan right now, good stuff :D

Use babelfish to translate
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

Here's the news about it on the official website:
http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gt5p/news/d1575.html

:)

Back