GT5P Online Update *UP*

• Thread starter alba
  • 477 comments
for people that are having trouble downloading that update.

try switching to WIRED internet connection,
i tried several times with WIRELESS connection and it failed at different % downloaded.

-once i set my wired connection and enabling upnp all that stuff to allow for NAT 2 (in the internet connection test) then try downloading it again, it worked in a flash for me.

hope this info helps.

btw, there's two types of upnp setting in the setting menu, anyone know what they mean?

i've noticed that time of day plays a factor in connection percentage, often in the middle of the night i have no timeouts at all, but during the day it seems to happen more often, that new race on Eiger needs to be ALOT longer, if you start more than 3 or 4 cars back there's absolutely no way to get to the front of the pack in two laps, kind of ridiculous, same with the daytona speedway, where's the online endurance races?! the Fuji race with 16 GT-Rs is INSANE now, so much more fun than the old Fuji race/course

Alright, i don't know if this has been answered anywhere, but do i have to be on my japanese account name in order to download/ get online in GT5p? So far, i've been beating the game under my US account, so does that also mean if i sign into my japanese account that all of my progress will be non-existent?
I'm sorry I've forgotten who posted this first, but there's an option to copy your save file from profile to profile, if you want to do this if you think it's net response will be faster or whatever.

Click on the Game Save folder... I think it's the first one in the Game tree. Find your Prologue profile and press the triangle button. Copy should be highlited, and be careful because below it is Delete. Copy should prompt you to copy the file to your other (Japanese) account. You can only do this once so if you focus on one profile and get rich and want to dupe it over again, you'll have to delete the other account.

I have asked about that via PM but that person is offline so perhaps someone could help:

I bought the BD copy of the game (had no other choice).
Can I "install" game on my Euro account (since it it on CD) (will be :sly:) and then connect via game to PSN and download the updates or does the updates download only on Japanese account ? if the 2nd option works can I download, install and then switch back to euro account to play on-line with my Euro PSNid ?

I was playing on my American account, and when I started the game after I think Noon Tokyo time, it autoupdated with no problem. I didn't have to do anything, the game did it for me. I'm able to race online from either account, though I did have to copy my Prologue file to my Japanese account.

Now some Europeans and Australians had problems getting it, so be patient if you have issues.

don't really matter what account you log on as, i just use my new zealand account, dont have a japanese account, so i guess just use whatever account, should make and difference

Yes, I know that's true for the mission race :)

I was trying to come up with an educated guess on the meaning of the yellow writing found in the online events...
What I meant was: maybe there is an added bonus if you and your appointed team mate (if this is the meaning of the yellow writing) come in as #1 and #2 ?

Haha oh sorry :P Well, then I retract my last post 👍

for people that are having trouble downloading that update.

try switching to WIRED internet connection,
i tried several times with WIRELESS connection and it failed at different % downloaded.

-once i set my wired connection and enabling upnp all that stuff to allow for NAT 2 (in the internet connection test) then try downloading it again, it worked in a flash for me.

hope this info helps.

btw, there's two types of upnp setting in the setting menu, anyone know what they mean?

My PS3 is wired with a TYPE 2 NAT. I got the update on about the 19th attempt. I noticed that the servers were not even busy because in between disconnects the servers were maxing out my connection.

Has anyone else been watching their bandwidth usage while online with GT5P? Its very strange.

Before the patch I recored a three player race at 48kb down and 27kb (my upload limit). Now after the patch things seem much better but still there are some strange things going on.

I was in a 16 player race and I recored only 9kbps down and about half that up. Then the next race was 13 players and my upload was the same but I was using 16kbps down for that race and all races after.

Whats everyone else getting?

I'm sorry I've forgotten who posted this first, but there's an option to copy your save file from profile to profile, if you want to do this if you think it's net response will be faster or whatever.

Click on the Game Save folder... I think it's the first one in the Game tree. Find your Prologue profile and press the triangle button. Copy should be highlited, and be careful because below it is Delete. Copy should prompt you to copy the file to your other (Japanese) account. You can only do this once so if you focus on one profile and get rich and want to dupe it over again, you'll have to delete the other account.

Alright sounds good, thanks for the info, and by reading some of the other posts, it looks like it doesn't matter what account i use anyways. Now, back to racing :)

finnaly found a GTP member online. just the second time since the update went up.

i was racing with an impreza at london, starting in 8th place. ahead of me in 7th was J-PaP, also with an impreza.

i thought to myself, i'm just gonna follow him because he probably will overtake most of the cars.

then in the second corner he tries to overtake a stupid guy named tempo11. he just threw his car at J-PaP and made him spin. then in the following corner its my time to overtake tempo11. the idiot just rammed me to the side in the middle of the straight. it was so retarded that i was decided to take him down.

in the start of the second lap i just held him close to a wall until J-PaP and myself could overtake him. tempo11 finished in last place.

now we're even:)

anyway, london and eiger are realy difficult if you start in last all the time like myself. just not enough time to dodge those idiots. but at least i was able to complete 10 races online today. then when i went back to try to race at fuji with the GTR, no good. only errors. i'm yet to see how that race looks like.

since its pro and uses sport tires, i bet its "noob-free" much like that elise race.

then in the second corner he tries to overtake a stupid guy named tempo11. he just threw his car at J-PaP and made him spin. then in the following corner its my time to overtake tempo11. the idiot just rammed me to the side in the middle of the straight. it was so retarded that i was decided to take him down.

in the start of the second lap i just held him close to a wall until J-PaP and myself could overtake him. tempo11 finished in last place.

now we're even:)

anyway, london and eiger are realy difficult if you start in last all the time like myself. just not enough time to dodge those idiots. but at least i was able to complete 10 races online today. then when i went back to try to race at fuji with the GTR, no good. only errors. i'm yet to see how that race looks like.

since its pro and uses sport tires, i bet its "noob-free" much like that elise race.

lol you'd be surprised! there are a lot of noobs in the GTR race too, and they dont mind slamming you off on corner 1 either, or indeed corner 2 or 5! its a race of survival, can you avoid being spun off by an idiot whilst driving your own race for 3 laps? if so chances are you are going to finish top 5 easy. and the prize money is 3x that of the other races...

lol you'd be surprised! there are a lot of noobs in the GTR race too, and they dont mind slamming you off on corner 1 either, or indeed corner 2 or 5! its a race of survival, can you avoid being spun off by an idiot whilst driving your own race for 3 laps? if so chances are you are going to finish top 5 easy. and the prize money is 3x that of the other races...

wish i could enter that one. judging by the "pulsing eyes" in the left corner of the main online menu, it looks like its the most popular race. does anyone know if its easier to join races with less "eyes" or does it work the other way around?

Has anyone else been watching their bandwidth usage while online with GT5P? Its very strange.

Before the patch I recored a three player race at 48kb down and 27kb (my upload limit). Now after the patch things seem much better but still there are some strange things going on.

I was in a 16 player race and I recored only 9kbps down and about half that up. Then the next race was 13 players and my upload was the same but I was using 16kbps down for that race and all races after.

Whats everyone else getting?

Good! Earlier someone was complaining that each car used so much bandwidth. And said how wrong PD had gotten this, but this just goes to show that they will fix the causes of our worries one by one until GT5 comes out.

It's sooo great that it's possible to issue updates now. Night and day difference, man!

I still do not have a game but have some idea.
We could set a time and a race and all GTP members should spam that race at the given time - that way we could get little more chances for racing against each other .. ;)
Lets say 03.01.2008 5AM Japanese time (less Japanese drivers), London track.
I'm saying 03.01 because I do not own the game yet ;P you could try this earlier of course ;)

wish i could enter that one. judging by the "pulsing eyes" in the left corner of the main online menu, it looks like its the most popular race. does anyone know if its easier to join races with less "eyes" or does it work the other way around?

i *think* that 4 means its "full" and 1 means its less full...

so i aim for the in-between ones but usually end up doing the GTR race anyway;)

Since the update it's worked much better for me.
I haven't failed to get in a race where before it was about 50/50.
I usually do about 20 races online at a time before taking a break & about 1/2 the time I get a good race without any idiots in them.
I like the London race because it is so hard to pass & so short, if there is no idiots I can get in to 2nd most of the time from the back with a couple of wins thrown in but that requires pretty much a perfect race.

Daytona's the money maker but boring, even starting last if I can keep the idiots from crashing me when I draft by them I usually win.

I am looking forward to an interface more like F1CE where you can set your own rules & race length as well as invite only games.
That will make the online experience much better.
But instead of complaining I just look at it as a challenge to beat the idiots for now.:cool:

While drafting, drivers have brake-checked me on several occasions. When the lead vehicle brakes, especially when drafting on straights, the system registers the collision of the trailing vehicle as the offending striker and it receives the five second penalty.

yep ive had that too, also on other occasions drivers braking hard on the start grid, which usually ends up with the guy behind stopped and the other guy gets jumped forward...

maybe the drafting system works too well though? the amount of speed u get doing it on GT5, it doesnt happen like that in F1 or touring cars!

While drafting, drivers have brake-checked me on several occasions. When the lead vehicle brakes, especially when drafting on straights, the system registers the collision of the trailing vehicle as the offending striker and it receives the five second penalty.

i've done that before when someone's right on my bumper, only because i know when i hit the brakes into turn one i'm going to get slammed from behind so i brake check them a little early to give me some more space

hm..i managed to load up the Museum. not sure if this was discussed.

simply go under My Page and wait a couple of minutes. the Museum will load up randomly (I just saw the Audi profile appeared on my screen). If not, it will just load up a random race with AI drivers :)

Yeah we know it runs randomly when the system is left alone and goes into demonstation mode, but I wish I could flick through it all manually. :(

Ive played quite a few times and I haven't run into any GTP members yet which is a bit disappointing :indiff: but there have been some good races with randomers and boy some of them can drive!

The highest Ive ever got was 1st on Daytona (not really that hard) and 2nd on the Eiger! Every other race Ive been bumped off when doing well! :yuck:

Robin

Same here, i haven't run into any gtp members yet, really wish i could because it would at least be good to know how good i'm at this game :D

i raced with a guy named RocketPunch1221 or 1121 or something... anyway i wonder if that was the same Rocket Punch that posts here.

Back