GT5P Online Update *UP*

• Thread starter alba
  • 477 comments
Cool^^ :)

I'm not sure if anyone else has come across this but last night, I was in a race on fuji speedway in the Nissan GTR and one of the racers names was highlighted in yellow?? I'm not sure if this has any relevance but does anyone know more about this? His PSN was 'golfer21'

Cheers everyone

Ha ha ha ! It's the first time I play online. One hand cannot control a car while taking screens.

New Online item in the menu

More people in the ellipse in front of the event means that there are more people playing the event
Online events

Time trials menu
Time trial menu

Time trials online ranking
Online rankings
Online rankings (flash between names and cars list)

Select one of the name and the driving options and replay save/play will be shown
Driving options used in the replay

Penalty for wall run
Penalty for wall run

Online race menu
Online race menu

Select ok and you will go into the race course menu
Race course menu

Select Online Race and the game will search for players
Searching for players

If everything is fine, the starting grid will appear
Online starting grid
Online starting grid (flash between names and cars list)

A screen if the online play (rolling start)
Rolling start

You didnt need to - you implied it. Yo uclearly were 'offened" by something in the fully factual post I made.

So - how many online races have you done with GT5: Prologue, kid? I mean you must be basing your opinion o fmy observations on something - right?

Better yet, what do you drive and how much track time do you have, real life or console?

default.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9GhBYLbuWM
default.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiofjudMql0
default.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEIXwQ_AwLs

I am just letting you know - wait, telling you that if I am going to bother to take the time to make a post, it is not just to post some bogus nonsense or for jollies, but because I have something factual to contribute.

How about you?

Is that you driving? If so, awesome driving there my friend!

Just wish the arguing would stop, there is no need... 👍

is it just me or has the lotus online event vanished?

also has anyone else found that the daytona online race is imposisble from a rolling start in the supercar class to win from the back?

Is that you driving? If so, awesome driving there my friend!

Just wish the arguing would stop, there is no need... 👍

Thanks, and yes that is me driving. The point I was trying make is that my "opinions" while apparently unpopular here on GTPlanet are actually very much based in reality.

So - yeah - would be awesome if the arguing could stop - as whats the point of any debate if 93.5% of the effort is spent on trying to justify the validity of the argument instead of just being able to discuss the facts ;) hehe

Thanks, and yes that is me driving. The point I was trying make is that my "opinions" while apparently unpopular here on GTPlanet are actually very much based in reality.

So - yeah - would be awesome if the arguing could stop - as whats the point of any debate if 93.5% of the effort is spent on trying to justify the validity of the argument instead of just being able to discuss the facts ;) hehe

I agree, and the simple fact that you have some serious track time under your belt (and you're a good driver) I would have thought that most, if not all would appreciate your opinion.

I certainly do!

I love watching the racing, but have never actually had a go. Maybe one day :dopey:

Well I just played against a race wit the name BESTMOTORING any ideas if this was someone from that show, who knows, maybe we might get a chance to race other people like Jezza and the guys plus the stig. just a thought. :D

Cool^^ :)

I'm not sure if anyone else has come across this but last night, I was in a race on fuji speedway in the Nissan GTR and one of the racers names was highlighted in yellow?? I'm not sure if this has any relevance but does anyone know more about this? His PSN was 'golfer21'

Cheers everyone

I've seen a name in yellow also, I don't remember what the name was though.
I wonder if that means it's someone from the development team?

Very cool RC45 :)

I'm about to go and check out the new events online!

the one change that would help the most with the Ram Drivers, longer races. for a 3 lap race you can knock your opponents out of a race easily, but in say 20 laps the better drivers will be able to pull away from the childish idiots.
racing is fun but bring a full bag of patients.

b
aka roadrunner383 usually seen at Fuji in an orange Z06 beating GTRs and 430s

Very cool RC45 :)

I'm about to go and check out the new events online!

Thanjks, I had a quick check last night, and it looked like 15 events were now available. Didnt get to try any - are they all different from the first set?

Hi , can anyone tell me which of the new online races are PRO MODE . I know the 5th one down( Daytona) is PRO MODE but is there anymore . Thanks .

Also can some one tell me the difference from the time trial events in the online event selection screen and just doing time trial in arcade . I mean when you do time trial in arcade you can still see your online time and the online record , whats the difference.

Thanks

Why do I always start last? They all seem to be rolling starts as well.! :grumpy:

At first I thought is was do to with ranking, the more you win, the harder it gets, so they place you at the back of the grid. It wasn't until my lad raced online for the first time did I realise that he too was at the back of the grid 98 percent of the time like myself. I am now thinking that it's more to do with location, maybe, the further away you are = higher ping = back of the grid for you my fine fellow?

I now notice that you are also from the UK.

I have been trying to crack the pole position code myself

I have never started a race higher than 7th.

I'm getting used to it though, I don't have to worry about getting punted in the first corner.

I've started in 1st several times & many more in the top half.
I think it has more to do with when you get added to the race, if it's a race that's almost complete then you'll be at the back, if it's a new race you'll get in at the front.

I ran across this same thing a few times. I saw a 'golfy21' and their name was gold. I wondered if they weren't an admin. But then to my surprise, my name was gold in a couple of races, so it seems some detective will have to discover the secret on this.

It also seemed in a couple of races that my PS3 was acting as the host, as I had a GT-R and was leading a pack with F430s and 599s on Fuji by a whopping 6 seconds by the finish. And at least one of the racers was one who I'd been competing with and I know was good. Very strange, this online from Nihon.

actually I forgot I was in a race all by myself one time and thought i had an easy 2,000,000 but when the GT logo came up the game froze. Other than that i have been 7th or lower.

i have also seen some yellow names in the driver list.

ya if it loads and your by yourself for 10-20 secs quit the game otherwise it has a tendancy to freeze up!

i also raced Golfy21 the other night but his name wasnt in yellow at that point, but someone i raced today did have their name in gold...

i always start at back of grid or similar, fortunately i am fast enough to get into top 3, then its just whether i get nerfed off, or catch the leader really...

but yea in a 16 man race where i start 14 or worse i can virtually guarantee ill be top half after the first corner and then better from there!

PSN: Ballist1x

They need to give us the option to host our own sever like Warhawk, that way we can filter the ram raiders and unclean drivers, but also maybe alleviate the pings for people. Come on PD its cant be that hard to do.

BTW guys have any of you been able to view the "Museum on My Page" because according to gran-turismo.com its there with the new update, but ive not seen it.

I ran across this same thing a few times. I saw a 'golfy21' and their name was gold. I wondered if they weren't an admin. But then to my surprise, my name was gold in a couple of races, so it seems some detective will have to discover the secret on this.

Yea you could be right fella, he/she was catiously racing at the back behind me as if they were keeping an eye on everyone else 💡

I did wonder about that golfy character myself, because they seem to always hang back, but also seem to know what they're doing. It wouldn't surprise me for Polyphony to have a few monitors in the servers to see how the cheater code is doing in action.

As for the Museum, I'm mystified by that myself. I thought I'd be able to call it up, but if I can, the option is hidden really well. :P

Oh well, I gotta check out these new races! 👍

There is an error on Prologue's official site as of today 12pm NY time.

What is the error?

They need to give us the option to host our own sever like Warhawk, that way we can filter the ram raiders and unclean drivers, but also maybe alleviate the pings for people. Come on PD its cant be that hard to do.

BTW guys have any of you been able to view the "Museum on My Page" because according to gran-turismo.com its there with the new update, but ive not seen it.

I believe you press O and are taken to a "museum" style slide show about the history of certain makes of cars.

I believe you press O and are taken to a "museum" style slide show about the history of certain makes of cars.

Ahhh thank you, its just the way PD have published the press statement about it, it sounds like its another Icon on the XMB within the My Page bit of GT5P

Evrytime i start GT now it askes me something. I dont know what is means so i hit ok(i guess) and the normal video starts. Does anybody know what it says? Do you guys have that as well?

I´ve had more clean races since yesterday. Maybe it is just that we are learning how to evade trashy drivers. I just wish replays for online races were available.

Back