GT5P Online Update *UP*

• Thread starter alba
  • 477 comments
Thanks, and yes that is me driving. The point I was trying make is that my "opinions" while apparently unpopular here on GTPlanet are actually very much based in reality.

So - yeah - would be awesome if the arguing could stop - as whats the point of any debate if 93.5% of the effort is spent on trying to justify the validity of the argument instead of just being able to discuss the facts ;) hehe

dont want to sound like a A-hole and let me say ive never raced on a track. that first vid of you, your heel and toe is well out, you push the clutch in press the accelerator and you hear the engine rev, but the you dont put it in gear quick enough and you hear the engine rev up a second time when you do put it in gear. and sometimes you just shift down without heel and toe at all....do you go through many clutches?

dont want to sound like a A-hole and let me say ive never raced on a track. that first vid of you, your heel and toe is well out, you push the clutch in press the accelerator and you hear the engine rev, but the you dont put it in gear quick enough and you hear the engine rev up a second time when you do put it in gear. and sometimes you just shift down without heel and toe at all....do you go through many clutches?

LOL - you have sounded every bit what you said you didnt want too.

You have never driven round a track, yet you think you can make comments on somebody else thats driving at a pace you have never seen in a track situation.

Good work...

Time trials online ranking
Online rankings

Thank you verymuch for that post, you showed us (who do not own the game) importand "moments" in game - thanks alot :)
As I can see from a picture above, the same people who drove in GT:HD drive in GT5:P as well :)
fastyfast - are you one of us here in GTP?;)
My PSNID is Lotrzyna, I will rule in those rankings soon ;) (I mosty could have been seen in Skyline R32 ranking in GT:HD ;) (86 in the world was my best ever thought :( )

LOL - you have sounded every bit what you said you didnt want too.

You have never driven round a track, yet you think you can make comments on somebody else thats driving at a pace you have never seen in a track situation.

Good work...

look im not saying im better at driving then him, thats why i said ive never seen a track. so just because i havent driven around a track i cant comment on somebodys driving?? get real mate. my comment is valid. im not trying to get at you rc45. dnt take it the wrong way please.

hey popman im from lancashire too

what's up with people attacking RC45 in every possible thread? i think that's the third time today i read something "bad" about him...

anyway, can anyone confirm that indee, yellow names appearing online are from PD staff? i've heard that on GAF, nobody knows, but maybe someone here has "insider info".

anyway, can anyone confirm that indee, yellow names appearing online are from PD staff? i've heard that on GAF, nobody knows, but maybe someone here has "insider info".

Someone mentioned earlier that they'd seen golfy21 in yellow, but then another poster said he'd been seen in whatever the normal colour is (don't have prologue...)

He's probably just Joel from France and this yellow thing means something else

what's up with people attacking RC45 in every possible thread? i think that's the third time today i read something "bad" about him...

I dont know eighter what it means but i appeared yesturday yellow and today first i didnt and now i do again. And im not a PD staff member. :)

I dont know eighter what it means but i appeared yesturday yellow and today first i didnt and now i do again. And im not a PD staff member. :)

You will appear yellow to yourself, like everyone else does.

Anyway I really want to check out museum properly but pressing O just gives you the choice for demonstation mode, doesn't go directly into museum.

I think the grid position is determined by when you join the game. I had some where I was the only one in the race and 5/6 other joined in and were behind me. I presume later PD will give you qualifying options...

Tonight I had some pretty good races for once, minimal lag and clean racing, apart from a couple of cars. It was the C-Class cars on Suzuka. I used the Suzuki Swift at first, but then found the Golf GTI just had the edge on the straights and used that instead. I won every time, but once it seemed I must have hit someone in a braking fight without me knowing - must have been the lag. People tend to screw up the last chicane on the last lap quite often and cut the corners. They get the penalty and I just whiz by. :D

You will appear yellow to yourself, like everyone else does.
Actually, my nick is usually white. It seems the mystery of the gold name will persist a little longer.

Along with that, how to enter the Museum. I'm not sure if it's not fully implemented or what, but it's just not there except in the idle as far as I can tell.

I am used to people getting 'angry" when presented with practical examples that counter their own long held (but often erronoeus) beliefs... and remember, when ever you expose yourself to others there are bound to be armchair critics in every crowd.

I also thinksome people ASSume that just because you want to show some cool practical examples you ar ebragging and claiming to be the best - when in fact I will be the first to admit I am a rank amatuer behnd the wheel of a car...

But at least I get behind the wheel ;)

look im not saying im better at driving then him, thats why i said ive never seen a track. so just because i havent driven around a track i cant comment on somebodys driving?? get real mate. my comment is valid. im not trying to get at you rc45. dnt take it the wrong way please.

When you are closing on a braking zone/sweeper at 130mph things happen fast - and sometimes the best laid plans are set astray by a baulky gear shift or as noted in that video 3rd gear was giving some trouble at 2 pounts on the track - in that case you cant "reset" you just deal with it or crash (that goes towards the "fear' factor discussed in "how accurate are lap times in games" discussions).

Since you took the time to critique my "heel n toe" technique (which really wasnt by the way - I just granny shift my way around most of the time) how come you never commented positively on the accomplished shifts or the "save" at 7:35 "CamZilla at full song" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-Zk88RAopc where the car wouldn't go into gear at 100mph+ in a bend and I had to clutch start it and the rear wheels momentarily locked and I countered continuing on for few laps? ;)

Trust me - its mighty easy to sit there and go "oi - thats a bloody doddle - I do it all day on roundabouts and the PS2" -- I used to think I was Billy Bad Ass with my "high speed" spririted driving and the few autocrosses I did.

Well - all you have to do is go to a race track to realise how truly pathetic and slow we are on the street - and how truly frightening and sobering real speed is - when you think you are the **** only to have som bloke (or lady) stuff you up the outside and enter a bend 15mph faster than you ever dare.

Thats when you realise you are just a weekend hack - I never claimed to be Schumi - on the contrary, I am but a spastic midget among giants when on track ;)

And if you want some practical incar examples of understeer and snap oversteer look at CamZilla on Track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEIXwQ_AwLs , the interesting stuff starts at 2:46.

That is 660bhp overwhelming street GoodYear SuperCar Fioranas - 295/18's in the fron and 335/18's outback - these are OEM F50 rear tyres and they are behaving like retreads on a used Yugo ;)

Hmm I thought our own names were gold too, shows you how much I pay attention while waiting for the race to start.

I am used to people getting 'angry" when presented with practical examples that counter their own long held (but often erronoeus) beliefs... and remember, when ever you expose yourself to others there are bound to be armchair critics in every crowd.

I also thinksome people ASSume that just because you want to show some cool practical examples you ar ebragging and claiming to be the best - when in fact I will be the first to admit I am a rank amatuer behnd the wheel of a car...

But at least I get behind the wheel ;)

When you are closing on a braking zone/sweeper at 130mph things happen fast - and sometimes the best laid plans are set astray by a baulky gear shift or as noted in that video 3rd gear was giving some trouble at 2 pounts on the track - in that case you cant "reset" you just deal with it or crash (that goes towards the "fear' factor discussed in "how accurate are lap times in games" discussions).

Since you took the time to critique my "heel n toe" technique (which really wasnt by the way - I just granny shift my way around most of the time) how come you never commented positively on the accomplished shifts or the "save" at 7:35 "CamZilla at full song" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-Zk88RAopc where the car wouldn't go into gear at 100mph+ in a bend and I had to clutch start it and the rear wheels momentarily locked and I countered continuing on for few laps? ;)

Trust me - its mighty easy to sit there and go "oi - thats a bloody doddle - I do it all day on roundabouts and the PS2" -- I used to think I was Billy Bad Ass with my "high speed" spririted driving and the few autocrosses I did.

Well - all you have to do is go to a race track to realise how truly pathetic and slow we are on the street - and how truly frightening and sobering real speed is - when you think you are the **** only to have som bloke (or lady) stuff you up the outside and enter a bend 15mph faster than you ever dare.

Thats when you realise you are just a weekend hack - I never claimed to be Schumi - on the contrary, I am but a spastic midget among giants when on track ;)

And if you want some practical incar examples of understeer and snap oversteer look at CamZilla on Track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEIXwQ_AwLs , the interesting stuff starts at 2:46.

That is 660bhp overwhelming street GoodYear SuperCar Fioranas - 295/18's in the fron and 335/18's outback - these are OEM F50 rear tyres and they are behaving like retreads on a used Yugo ;)

so you wernt trying to heel and toe, so why rev the engine in neutral then? i didnt know what granny shifting ment, had to look it up and from what ive read granny shifting is a very slow shift with no engine revving in neutral involved, i mean i may be wrong, just read up quick on it. if this is the case no revving required then why rev? was pointless to rev the car then hey. have you ever tried heel and toe without the heel. meaning just downshift by reving the accelerator and not touching the brake?(as long as you going at the right speed)

i never got to 7:35 in the vid i skipped the first little bit saw you downshifting the gears and creating a big jolt/shake balance/weight everywhere(which can be dangerous) on the car, i felt sorry for the car to tell you the truth. i didnt watch anymore after that.

the vid ends at 7:35???? oh you mean the one in your post let me have a look..

you do know why the car would not go into third right?

ps dont take all this the wrong way i know what ive said i could have said it in a better way, but i cannot be arsed to find the right words im a very lazy person. peace

ps dont take all this the wrong way i know what ive said i could have said it in a better way, but i cannot be arsed to find the right words im a very lazy person. peace

Then why bother at all?......

Well I hate the update to the new races. I haven't been able to join a SINGLE race since the update :( :( :(

Initially I was only able to connect 1 out of 3 attempts. Immediately after to patch it was more like 9 out of 10. :) I usually started dead last every race (sometimes first :confused:) but at least it worked.

But then yesterday evening things went downhill - FAST.

I haven't been able to successfully connect to the GT-R Fuji race since. I can occasionally get onto the London track 25% of the time - but the waiting time is still horrendous. Plus this gets coupled with the occasional complete PS3 lock-up, which means I lose any credits I've accumulated while online in that session :grumpy:

Server distance/ping rates are no excuses for a game that doesn't even connect.

I give up.

*patiently waiting for the next patch*........

MGR
Initially I was only able to connect 1 out of 3 attempts. Immediately after to patch it was more like 9 out of 10. :) I usually started dead last every race (sometimes first :confused:) but at least it worked.

But then yesterday evening things went downhill - FAST.

I haven't been able to successfully connect to the GT-R Fuji race since. I can occasionally get onto the London track 25% of the time - but the waiting time is still horrendous. Plus this gets coupled with the occasional complete PS3 lock-up, which means I lose any credits I've accumulated while online in that session :grumpy:

Server distance/ping rates are no excuses for a game that doesn't even connect.

I give up.

*patiently waiting for the next patch*........

the ps3 isn't actually locked up. if you leave it after 2-3 minutes it will quit itself.

Then why bother at all?......

because i wanted to get my point accross

oh you mean why did i say all that if im lazy, well me wanting get my point accross actually won when my lazyness battled with it. but when i was trying to find the right words my lazyness won unfortunately.....i know i suck

the ps3 isn't actually locked up. if you leave it after 2-3 minutes it will quit itself.

no, sometimes it freezes. for 8-10 minutes and then i decide it's better to reset. home button doesn't work. that really pisses me off. not joining races is ok with me, but damaging the system is not. i hope they fix this.

I've seen a name in yellow also, I don't remember what the name was though.
I wonder if that means it's someone from the development team?

My guess is that if you see a name in yellow writing, this would be your "team mate" for this race, just as in S-8 ?https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2859908&postcount=34

In S-8, your "team mate's" name is in yellow writing. The Audis have white names.

Maybe there is an extra bonus for finishing as 1st and 2nd, together ?

Alright, i don't know if this has been answered anywhere, but do i have to be on my japanese account name in order to download/ get online in GT5p? So far, i've been beating the game under my US account, so does that also mean if i sign into my japanese account that all of my progress will be non-existent?

As far as I know it's the only way to complete the mission.

Yes, I know that's true for the mission race :)

I was trying to come up with an educated guess on the meaning of the yellow writing found in the online events...
What I meant was: maybe there is an added bonus if you and your appointed team mate (if this is the meaning of the yellow writing) come in as #1 and #2 ?

no, sometimes it freezes. for 8-10 minutes and then i decide it's better to reset. home button doesn't work. that really pisses me off. not joining races is ok with me, but damaging the system is not. i hope they fix this.

Correct. You can tell when it's locked the console because the home button on the controller doesn't work and the screen freezes. The 'LOADING' text that normally pulses brighter and darker also stops.

MGR
Correct. You can tell when it's locked the console because the home button on the controller doesn't work and the screen freezes. The 'LOADING' text that normally pulses brighter and darker also stops.

i had this one before the 2nd update not done it since! but i havent joined any me only races yet since the update either...

i had this one before the 2nd update not done it since! but i havent joined any me only races yet since the update either...

Which country are you located in?

Because I live in Australia the time zone is very close to Japan's - so perhaps I'm joining the races during the peak period and the servers aren't handling the job very well?

Back