GT5P update coming August 1st!!

• Thread starter TheMoose
  • 459 comments
Well..... thats me done. I've had 11 failed update errors over 3hrs 25mins....... downloaded over 700MB in data, and as nd4holdenspd said, it doesn't carry on where you left off.

I'll give it a shot tomorrow, as it's pointless at the moment for me.

osg
Well..... thats me done. I've had 11 failed update errors over 3hrs 25mins....... downloaded over 700MB in data, and as nd4holdenspd said, it doesn't carry on where you left off.

I'll give it a shot tomorrow, as it's pointless at the moment for me.

It does carry on, proof is i got an error at 95%, and the last 5% went really fast (5-10min).

I have numerous failures (one at 90%), have spent hours attempting download, doesn't start where it left off and now wont even move. Disappointed.

I doubt I will get it tonight.

It does carry on, proof is i got an error at 95%, and the last 5% went really fast (5-10min).

Not for me.

I think if the download fails, the new progress bar shows the progress of the remaining download.
So if you've gotten to 50% before it failed, the other 50% will now be the new 100% on the progress bar.

And at the moment it's downloading nothing at all. Are the download servers down?

Why so serious? These update threads used to be fun.
Anyway 1hour 20 minutes into the update, failed 2 times and getting data through at 19KB/s max. :ouch:

Yes it must be great fun for someone trying to find info on the update, searching through countless posts with misleading information and 'I'm now at 23%", great fun indeed.

Scaff

as long as the game remains on the downloaded content remains on your ps3. exit the game and it's gone.

Don't know if you lose the data if you abort the download yourself.

Guys you really must stop discussing the update. I am on my last warning, discuss the download and you will be banned. I may start running all my posts past a moderator first as what we can and can not discuss is getting ever more confusing.

In game music anybody???

Secrets and lies? My update isn't starting off where it left after errors. I got to around 70% twice now, and this time I'm up to aound 40%, so technically I should be 180% complete by now shouldn't I?

Edit: SpiffyDeezy? Yeah I remember him, he didn't last long though- joined up and got in a huff because he didn't read the AUP and got himself banned.

Edit: Without editing. YEAH I REMEMBER HIM TOO.

Yes it must be great fun for someone trying to find info on the update, searching through countless posts with misleading information and 'I'm now at 23%", great fun indeed.

Scaff

Agreed. I'm trying to get all the details on what actually is going on with GT5:P so I can decided whether or not to bother with downloading it. I take it the Ring isn't on there nor do we get more cars?

I'm also seeing reports that if you hit someone else on the track while in online mode you become a ghost for the rest of the race? I find that to defeat the point of racing. If you are going to race there is going to be bumping and rubbing. However I can't really find solid details on how this works. Is there something on a Playstation Blog?

Downloaded to about 98% and then Download Failed! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Wonder if it's the load on the servers today.

Failed again at 0%. Might be alot less stressful tommorow.

Damn, sucks to hear about everybody's problems... I was among the first to start downloading it this morning, but I went to bed since it was taking forever to finish. I just woke up and the update downloaded without incident. Hopefully I won't be alone online.. :nervous:

Finally finished the update (4hrs).As a note, even tho it failed on me maybe 20 times, mostly in the last hour, the d/l bar stayed on 0 the last few retries. Then even tho the bar read 0, my 'update complete' showed.. hang in there guys !!!

New opening scene, new opening music.. thumping bass line.
New GTTV content... but still downloading tv content information.. so don't know what it is

Last edited:
so...which programs does GTTV offer??

They have a new part of the GT-R Legend series. You can now download in the background. The Selection menu is different. It features a shopping cart for when they implement cost for downloads.

Not yet. There is only the one new show. But everything is still free. I would very much like to see some SuperGT events! If they were in english it would be a huge plus. I watched my first one on youtube tonight and was blown away! I hope the pricing is reasonable for the new shows they will be offering.

Guys you really must stop discussing the update. I am on my last warning, discuss the download and you will be banned. I may start running all my posts past a moderator first as what we can and can not discuss is getting ever more confusing.

Ummm, do everyone (mostly yourself) a favor and don't lie about what you have received infractions for. You haven't gotten infractions for "discussing the update download". You've gotten infractions for posting personal attacks full of foul language. There is a slight difference there that you would be wise to consider.

Following the Acceptable Use Policy that you agreed to is simply not that confusing.

Anyone willing to have a go at what the Expansion Data could be. :P

Edit---
Nevermind. it says in the options ;)

Another Edit---
The meanies disabled GT TV when you are not connected to the internet. :ouch:

Last edited:
Not yet. There is only the one new show. But everything is still free. I would very much like to see some SuperGT events! If they were in english it would be a huge plus. I watched my first one on youtube tonight and was blown away! I hope the pricing is reasonable for the new shows they will be offering.

everything is not free, 69p for most of the downloads

Best thing PD have done is that you can't quit a online race.

Last edited:
After several fails I hooked up the wired ethernet, I hope that makes it go smoother!
I do like you can not quit online races but that won't stop some guys from just shutting off the PS3.
Hopefully though there won't be anymore host quitting going in to the last turn of the last lap!
I am already missing Daytona road!

I am already missing Daytona road!

ME TOO!!! I like the HSR but do we really need 3 different types of races for it? Why did they drop from 25 events down to just 12 online? The F430/GT-R/Vette looks interesting as well as an 800PP event.

Last edited:
Just had a brief look after the update (Don't have access to the TV until late tonight GRRRRR) Cool intro with new music, basically a new garage/location. Don't know where the intro movie went, wont miss it anyway. Slim selection of new online races :( only on tracks that I really dislike. Might drop down to intermediate level to race on a decent track. Price and stipulation in GTTV is a joke. No way I'm getting any content from them. Cheaper to get satellite (Canal Digital) and Motorstv and a satellite box that can record. Really disappointed so far. Hope to test racing/time trials later tonight. And Daytona R and Suzuka will be missed.

Last edited:
Back