GT5P update coming August 1st!!

• Thread starter TheMoose
  • 459 comments
Damage and private online rooms will not get in before the great fall 2008 update, and I wouldn't be surprised if those things get delayed (again).

I welcome any changes they release before the fall update, especially if collision physics are fixed (e.g. you're not launched off at 200+ kmh when somebody punts you).

I think this update fails to fix the main problem with their game. Online needs to be taken to private rooms. Even with these great additions and fixes, this Spec III still doesn't combat the major issue for its users.

I'd say they are moving in the right direction, but as it looks, private rooms options are still ways off.

Erm, perhaps you didnt notice they said private rooms should be coming in the autumn update? Its not like we expected them to arrive now...
This is quite an unexpected and welcome update.

Erm, perhaps you didnt notice they said private rooms should be coming in the autumn update? Its not like we expected them to arrive now...
This is quite an unexpected and welcome update.

I am quite sure the first post said nothing about private rooms.

No, I meant before:
https://www.gtplanet.net/vehicular-damage-coming-to-gt5-prologue/

A bit vague, but you get the idea, theres meant to be a bigger update sometime soon, estimated to be coming in Autumn.

Yeah I've seen that. You know, I am just so bitter about online, I really don't get my hopes up. Those are great updates coming August 1st. But what I really want is online to be fixed.

Obviously I want them to do it correctly, which Is what I tell my self to keep cool about things that happen online. Its all coming!

I dont understand how the new player matching is supposed to work? So you go into 700pp suzuka at the same time as a friend and it search's and looks at your friends list and matche's you guys up? And then after the race if you want to do the same one it search's and match's you and your friend up but it also match's the people that you had raced with previouse?

So if it was a dirty room you can never escape it? And what happen's when 16 friends decide to get on teamspeak and then decide to all do the same race and they are all on each others friends list, So they all go into suzuka 700 does it match all of them?

I know its a demo and a great one at that. And they are making alot of head way and its cool that they are commited to this "Demo" when they could just say piss off you get what you bought until the full game. But still I think we should bug them about private rooms everything would be a whole lot simpler.

I dont understand how the new player matching is supposed to work? So you go into 700pp suzuka at the same time as a friend and it search's and looks at your friends list and matche's you guys up? And then after the race if you want to do the same one it search's and match's you and your friend up but it also match's the people that you had raced with previouse?

So if it was a dirty room you can never escape it? And what happen's when 16 friends decide to get on teamspeak and then decide to all do the same race and they are all on each others friends list, So they all go into suzuka 700 does it match all of them?

I know its a demo and a great one at that. And they are making alot of head way and its cool that they are commited to this "Demo" when they could just say piss off you get what you bought until the full game. But still I think we should bug them about private rooms everything would be a whole lot simpler.

There's nothing new about player matching, it'll be the same. Only thing new is that the people you met online will be listed in the Playstation Friend's Menu, or XMB, under Players Met. As someone already said, it comes handy when you liked a race with someone and, after it, want to send him a message or even a friend's request. Happens to me a lot, to forget the correct spelling of the PSN ID of someone I want to contact.

The only thing I'm worried about is the new calculations for PP. I wonder what that means exactly...will it mean more cars that were previously unable to compete with 750 cars, finally be able to compete with them? (Maybe because each hp you gain or kg you lose will 'cost' less)

The amount of required hard disk space for the update will depend on your current update status. If updating from the one previous version, you will need approximately 233MB, if you are updating for the first time, approximately 2.3GB will be required.

Im mainly intressted in only the private slots, custom tracks, more tracks, a AE86 as car :D and weather conditions.

Damage doesnt really annoy me.

Now what did I say in the E3 gt5p thread? Exactly that there will be an update August 1 and guess what, there is. Man im a good guesser, you can ask my teachers.

Pay Per View stuff? Hmmm I'm always leery about that because it's the first step towards the nickel and dimeing all game companies seem to be moving towards. I've never really liked the idea of having to pay for additional content when you already spent good money on the game itself. I know they are just videos and what not, but still what makes PD stop there?

The other stuff sounds good though, I'll have to wait and see for myself though before I pass judgment.

Pay Per View stuff? Hmmm I'm always leery about that because it's the first step towards the nickel and dimeing all game companies seem to be moving towards. I've never really liked the idea of having to pay for additional content when you already spent good money on the game itself. I know they are just videos and what not, but still what makes PD stop there?

The other stuff sounds good though, I'll have to wait and see for myself though before I pass judgment.

I agree. Im sure that people will upload the TV content onto youtube or something.
Then people just download videos of youtube and put it on PS3 for free...

Money is evrything for sony right now :P

It's not just Sony though Microsoft does with the 360 and Nintendo does it with the Wii. It's the gaming industry in general and I'm not a fan of it. We pay $60 for a game and in order to get more content that should have been in there in the first place we have to pay more.

Well, this isn't Spec III, just an update. What I see being the most important update here is the following:

Race
- Improvements in penalty judgments
- Improved physics during collisions between cars in Online races.

Without thinking too much, there are at least three great flaws in penalty judgements.
Do you mean these are flaws now that you hope they fix or are you already judging an update that hasn't come yet?

I agree. Im sure that people will upload the TV content onto youtube or something.
Then people just download videos of youtube and put it on PS3 for free...

Money is evrything for sony right now :P
Did you guys really expect to see these videos for free? I mean, I would love to get the car info for free and whatnot, but I have never expected Top Gear episodes and race footage to be free. Tons of money go into those things, at someone else's expense. PD isn't using their own film crew at races and on the Top Gear set.

And until we see prices we can't even assume Sony/PD are trying to make a huge profit off of us. If we are talking a buck or two for a Top Gear episode then it is perfectly in line with all other pay services, and likely mostly covering fees and expenses. Yes, there will be a profit, but not huge.

And race footage? I mean, we are talking 45 minutes for small race series and as much as a 24 hour race. I am assuming long race series will be included as it mentions switching between chapters. But do you think Speed, or whatever equivalent overseas, will allow that footage to just be shown for free?

Honestly, if I can get some stuff cheaper than the overpriced DVDs, or that I can't even get access to here in Kentucky, then I will be extremely happy.

Judging by their movie download prices in the PSN Store, I don't think these prices will be over-the-top and done in a money grabbing way.

Honestly, I have been waiting for this because the only way I can see a lot of races is by getting Speed, which requires me getting digital cable and then adding the sports package. So, in order to watch Speed I would be paying more than $20 a month extra and most of that cost is actually going toward NFL Network and Golf Channel.

For me this is ideal if they cover a wide range of races. I haven't seen more than a couple of hours of the 24 Hours of Le Mans in my life. I would love to watch the whole race, and I am more than willing to pay a reasonable price for it.

Now, my question is: Pay-per-view? As in I pay each time I watch or I can pay and download forever? Hopefully we will get options similar to the PSN Store.

I'm looking forward to this update. It would have been nice to get a few more cars, but if anything, I would expect them to be in the fall update. Hopefully they've made it so any touch, no matter how light, disqualifies the current lap in the Arcade Time Trial mode.

The amount of required hard disk space for the update will depend on your current update status. If updating from the one previous version, you will need approximately 233MB, if you are updating for the first time, approximately 2.3GB will be required.

I think those figures depend on what version of GT5P you have. i.e. JPN, EU, US. For instance, mine says: If updating from the one previous version, you will need approximately 279MB, if you are updating for the first time, approximately 639MB will be required. I have the EU version.

Now, my question is: Pay-per-view? As in I pay each time I watch or I can pay and download forever? Hopefully we will get options similar to the PSN Store.

That's what I'm wondering. If I can pay once and then keep those videos forever, then they've guaranteed my business. I'm especially interested in the Nurburgring 08 and Super GT coverage.

I don't expect all of them to be free but anything under that Gran Turismo tab better be. I probably won't buy them anyways since I have very little interest in import racing and drifting videos and I have most of the Top Gears, which are now shown on BBCA anyways.

My point with this though was not the videos themselves but what their success will mean for the rest of us. If PD sees that people are willing to pay for content, no matter what it is, then what is to stop them from making us pay for things like additional cars and tracks that should have been in the game to begin with? Forza did that and it worked quite well to my knowledge. DLC never sits well with me because I think it gives developers an excuse to be lazy and make a ton of extra money off it's fan base. I'm not singling out PD and the GT series either, it seems every modern game is going this way.

"Improved controllability when using S1-S3, and R1-R3 tires."

Does this mean that they will fix the "driving on ice" feeling of the high powered cars? I hope so.

Now if they only fix brake lock, I might actually REALLY enjoy this game.

Race
- Improvements in penalty judgments
- Improved physics during collisions between cars in Online races.

Could it be that WE'll no longer get penalized when rammed by someone else or forced off the track? And maybe INTENTIONAL ramming will be detected and penalized heavily? Or even better discernment between whether you slam out 'hit' the wall vs just ever-so-lightly 'brushed' the wall at Daytona?

They need a smiley with crossed fingers...

I don't expect all of them to be free but anything under that Gran Turismo tab better be.
This I agree with. I won't pay to watch Kazunori Yamauchi drive sports cars all over the world and then give his thoughts on them. Especially since it is basically an advertisement for the car. I guarantee not one will have Kaz get out of the car and say, "That thing handles like crap! I nearly killed myself out there."

My point with this though was not the videos themselves but what their success will mean for the rest of us. If PD sees that people are willing to pay for content, no matter what it is, then what is to stop them from making us pay for things like additional cars and tracks that should have been in the game to begin with? Forza did that and it worked quite well to my knowledge. DLC never sits well with me because I think it gives developers an excuse to be lazy and make a ton of extra money off it's fan base. I'm not singling out PD and the GT series either, it seems every modern game is going this way.
In most cases, like music games or added levels down the road, I find that what I get on the disc is usually what you expect from past experience and the DLC is added bonus by choice. The only case I have seen against this are some of EAs recent ploys where you can buy extra weapons as DLC.

Why not throw in a Bugatti Veyron or something to keep our thirst quenched. :(

and it's dumb of PD to release an update and not patch it so we can listen to our own music... unless they're hiding that right now.

Depending on if they are new episodes of top gear or old ones will depend on whether i buy any of those or not.

However, I'm very interested in the Super GT series. Ever since I was introduced to them when I first played GT3 (my first GT game), I fell in love with the cars, the sounds, and by seeing some of the videos, the competition looks so close and intense. I'll probably be buying quite a few of those.

Back