GT5's >MISSING< Tracks & Circuits [Moving on to GT6]

Keep in mind that SonicX55 is this guy, Xenn - if I recall correctly. :)

That would be me indeed. I made those videos for the hidden things topic in the GT2 area.

I do think the last video will be the more interesting one, as it has more interesting tracks.

How about SSR11 and SSR5 with 7 miles(each way) of SSR7 in between? I would love to have SSR11 back,with the "death chicane" of course! I hated that track when I first raced it back in the day,but would love to have it back!

Unforunatly though,it's not on the list of possible tracks to make a comeback. But we can hope!

-> I apologize again for another long post. :guilty:

-> This week has been mind-boggling since my stumble on Xenn's epic discoveries on Youtube that prompted me to send him PM's from both Youtube and GTP! :crazy: :boggled:

-> So after watching new and re-watching these vids, I've decided on some last-minute changes...

1. I'm thinking about changing the name of Secret Stage END <En-d&#333;> to Secret Stage: End Lake. Since after I've seen Xenn's vid this might be an updated version:

Secret Stage: End Lake [@ Trial Mountain area] from GT1 (alternate vid)

Secret Stage: Lake Side [@ ?Laguna Seca!?] from GT2 (from Xenn's vid)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-Ar8K0AIgo&feature=player_detailpage#t=422s
^ NOTE: Will embed vid once Xenn crops these vids individually.

2. And I've discovered that Secret Stage Laguna Ring was based on either...

...Tahiti...

...or Red Rock Valley...

...at first I thought its based from Autumn Ring '90s and the scenery from Laguna Seca from GT3!!! :eek:

How about SSR11 and SSR5 with 7 miles(each way) of SSR7 in between? I would love to have SSR11 back,with the "death chicane" of course! I hated that track when I first raced it back in the day,but would love to have it back!

Unforunatly though,it's not on the list of possible tracks to make a comeback. But we can hope!
^ I would love SSR11 ('90s) back too...but let me repeat myself:

The SSR5/CSR5 '10s and SSR7 are connected in some odd ball in a way. It's not sure which exit ramp on SSR7 leads toward SSR5/CSR5 though.

There is not way in hell that SSR7, SSR5/CSR5, and SSR11 are all connected each other in any way shape or form. Here's the formula that me, SHIRAKAWA, and Nero9 had come up months ago:

SSR5 '10s/CSR5 '10s [GT5] -OK- SSR7 [GT5]

SSR5 '90s [GT1/2/3/4/TT/PSP] -OK- SSR11 [GT1/3]

SSR5 '90s [GT1/2/3/4/TT/PSP] -X- SSR7 [GT5]

SSR5 '10s/CSR5 '10s [GT5] -X- SSR11 [GT1/3]

CSR5 '90s [GT1/2/4/TT/PSP] -X- SSR11 [GT1/3]

CSR5 '90s [GT1/2/4/TT/PSP] -X- SSR7 [GT5]

SSR11 [GT1/3] -X- SSR7 [GT5]

^ I explained it few posts ago that theres no way that SSR7 is connected by either CSR5/SSR5/SSR11.
;)

Way whaaat!!!???? Even more tracks!? You just don't stop! Huh, 'Boy? :scared:
^ "Can't stop, wont stop..." -Young Gunz

Energizer_bunny_logo.jpg

:dopey:

Keep in mind that SonicX55 is this guy, Xenn - if I recall correctly. :)
^ Very, many-tastic, thanks!!

:dunce:👍

That would be me indeed. I made those videos for the hidden things topic in the GT2 area.

I do think the last video will be the more interesting one, as it has more interesting tracks.
^ Thank you very much again from our Youtube and GTP PM's conversations. I'm glad you're supporting my so called crusade. :sly:

-> Here are the tracks that were provided from Xenn that I've been researching that I believe deserves a and honerable mention:

Recently Discovered Tracks from GT2

Grindelwald Arcade Version

grindelwald_165x168.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLzluV37wR0&feature=related#
[GT2 (demo)]
^ Like the Arcade Versions from GT1, it may not have the fast paced gameplay as the GT1 arcade, but it featured DAT EPIC RAMP!!!

:dopey:

Secret Stage: Dry Lake Desert Park
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLzluV37wR0&feature=player_detailpage#t=1162s
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]^ Sorry, there was no proper track map layout image of this course.[/FONT]
[GT2 (demo)]
^ The features of this particular track are similar to my own backyard on the outskirts of Las Vegas:

- Snowy high peaks.
- Massively vast flat landscape with 'artificialy made' jump ramps.
- Loose gravel road surfaces.
- Some hints of 'artificial' grass on the both sides of the road.
- And these theme park-based barriers are notable descriptions.

-> It does look like a very fun track for rally junkies.

💡

Secret Stage: Forest Island
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLzluV37wR0&feature=player_detailpage#t=1249s
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]^ Sorry, there was no proper track map layout image of this course.[/FONT]
[GT2 (demo)]
^ I believe this is a deserted small island located somewhere in the 'Canadian Border' with a large body of water that surrounds it and the mainland that overlooks the 'scape.

:)

Secret Stage: INDIpendent Park
page2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLzluV37wR0&feature=player_detailpage#t=1559s
[GT2 (demo)]
^ Yes, it may be similar to Indy. But the atmoshpere is completely different. It resembles too much like that Legendary Track Red Rock Valley Speedway.

:scared:

Secret Stage: Island Circuit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLzluV37wR0&feature=player_detailpage#t=1447s
[GT2 (demo)]
^ If people can recall those artificially made islands along the Arabian Canal that were made on the bay in Dubai, like this one:

ArabianCanal.jpg

^ The Island Circuit inspires this concept itself! YAY!

:drool:

Secret Stage: Lake Side
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-Ar8K0AIgo&feature=player_detailpage#t=422s
[GT2 (demo)]
^ A somewhat of a version 2 of the End Lake that was featured in GT1.

;)

Tahiti Beach
tahiti_road_165x168.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-Ar8K0AIgo&feature=player_detailpage#t=346s
[GT2 (demo)]
^ Similar to Eiger Concept from GTHD, the Beach is the prequel to Tahiti Road that was finalized in GT2.

:sly:

-> I really hope we can discover more hidden tracks so PD can realize their mistake... :indiff:

Last edited:
-> Well, after full 12 hours of rest. I would like to point out Xenn's vids in detail when I posted it on #266. According to Xenn, these three videos shows three distinct versions of GT2: Early Demo, Full Demo, & the Full Game.

Legend:
- Unfinished build = like Eiger Concept
- Final build = as seen on the final game/version
- Final configuration = as seen on final game/version

GT2 Early Demo Vid

^ Here's what Xenn pointed out:

0:04: Grindelwald (unfinished build, final configuration, & Glitch Car)
1:34: Laguna Seca (final build as seen on GT2)
3:00: Smokey Mountain North (unfinished build, final configuration)
4:30: Midfield Raceway (final build, final configuration, seems like the track just opened to public)
5:46: Tahiti Beach/Road [Tour De Tahiti {Beach}](unfinished build, final configuration)
7:02: Secret Stage: Lake Side [Hidden Track {Looks like a loop}](unfinished build, final configuration)
8:05: Messing about with some sort of car viewer in 2P mode

GT2 Demo Vid

^ This was Xenn's longest video:

0:03 : Grindelwald Arcade Version (unfinished build, final configuration)
2:05 : Apricot Hill Speedway (unfinished build, final configuration)
3:28 : Smokey Mountain South (unfinished build, final configuration)
4:55 : Smokey Mountain North (unfinished build, final configuration)
6:24 : Pikes Peak (unfinished build, final configuration)
9:00 : Rome Night (unfinished build, final configuration)
11:04 : Rome Short (unfinished build, final configuration, different day setting)
12:13 : Seattle Short (unfinished build, final configuration)
13:36 : Tahiti Dirt Route 3 (GT2)/Circuit (GT3) [Tour De Tahiti {Safari Course}] (unfinished build, final configuration)
15:20 : Tahiti Beach/Road [Tour De Tahiti {Beach Course}] [Tour De Tahiti {Beach}] (unfinished build, final configuration)
16:39 : Tahiti Maze (unfinished build, final configuration)
19:24 : Secret Stage: Dry Lake Desert Park
20:49 : Secret Stage: Forest Island / Smokey Mountain West
24:06 : Secret Stage: Island Circuit
25:58 : Secret Stage: INDIpendent Park

-> I might change SS: Forest Island name to SS: Smokey Mountain West, just because the scenery is just too familiar to Smokey Mountain.

:dunce:

GT2 Final Game Vid

^ Some of the tracks are already mentioned here, but there are few surprises as what Xenn pointed out:

Laguna Ring [Eiger Path] (I'm inclined to believe this is Eiger Path, couldn't be anything else)
?Bonneville? [Plam Strip] (Very unfinished, the road is invisible, and something blocks my way after a while)
Laguna Seca Reverse (Interesting track, this.)
Super Speedway Reverse (Not sure why this one got cut to be honest, maybe thought to be pointless having it in reverse?)
Test Course Reverse (Perhaps the same reason Super Speedway Reverse got cut)
Fragmented License Track (2 different versions of the slalom license test were also unused, maybe for testing purposes?)

it definitely looks like ssr5 and ssr11 are next to each other
^ Indeed it is! It should be!! It must have!!! IT HAS TO BE!!!!! :crazy:

Man you really put so much effort on this.
^ My dissapointment in GT5 has lead me to do this!! :grumpy:

-> Instead of trolling the EPIC RAGE & CRYING Thread, this is more of a fruitfull output and to give people especially new GT gamers on what they were missing.

IMG_2840.JPG

^ NEVER FORGET! :grumpy:

IMG_2854.JPG

^ My GT2 discs was missing at the time... :(

IMG_2855.JPG

^ I found my GT2 discs four weeks after I taken this pic at my best buds house! Oh joy! :dopey:

-> This is a perk from an old school gamer like me, I treasure my memories of the past. And so far, my efforts are worth noticing.

Last edited:
^ Thank you! :)👍

-> I have a question, do you think some tracks that were 'not quite done yet' deserves to be on the list? Like for example:

1. Eiger Nordwand Concept from GTHD

2. Smokey Mountain North from GT2 Early Demo

3. Tahiti Beach/Road from GT2 Early Demo

4. Grindelwald Arcade Version from GT2 Demo

5. Tahiti Maze '90s from GT2 Demo

^ What I'm implying is that these tracks were like there are no sanctioned race, on which it looked like an open road on a certain province. These tracks had no proper barriers, flag, start/finish point, grandstands, etc.

-> Whats your slice about it? ;)

When are you going to post it?

Keep up the good work Vanishing Boy! :cheers:

^ What I'm implying is that these tracks were like there are no sanctioned race, on which it looked like an open road on a certain province. These tracks had no proper barriers, flag, start/finish point, grandstands, etc.

-> Whats your slice about it? ;)

My say about this is that those tracks were meant to have no grandstands, being rally tracks/mountain passes and all.

You managed to make me say though that GTHD's Eiger looks better than GT5's Eiger, through the link posted.

You know what I would love to have? Some of the old antique deadly iterations of Franorchamps, Sarthe and Nurburgring. I'm not a sociopath sadist and I haven no desire to see modern racers risk their lives on those things but it's a video game. Let us time travel for a bit... take away the chicanes and screw up the tarmac.

When are you going to post it?

I can't say for certain right now, but it will be as soon as I get my new PC.

Thanks for those posts Vanishing Boy, I like the info you made about the videos I did :)

You know what I would love to have? Some of the old antique deadly iterations of Franorchamps, Sarthe and Nurburgring. I'm not a sociopath sadist and I haven no desire to see modern racers risk their lives on those things but it's a video game. Let us time travel for a bit... take away the chicanes and screw up the tarmac.

I've been saying this on GT forums for years. Agreed x1000.

-> As I wait for Xenn's new and edited vids, I'm glad that we discovered these (significant) tracks. It brings me joy to my heart and frustrations towards PD. :grumpy: :indiff:

^ Thank You! :)

now i haven't played every GT,only GT2 demo and now playing GT4,but why is ssr11 so famous?
^ According to many people here in GTP, there are many reasons on why SSR11 series are great:

Is Special Stage Route 11 in GT5?

Are Fictional Courses Good for the Gran Turismo Series?

^ In my opinion, its because it rarely shows up at any Gran Turismo (GT1 with '90s & GT3 with '00s) series. Plus unlike many city tracks in GT (esp. Cote D Azur) that are a complete borefest. SSR11 especially the '90s in GT1 was a cargo freighter boat loads of fun, on which PD forgot to do since GT3. :indiff:

SSR11 '00s (GT3) & SSR11 '90s (GT1)

^ NEVER FORGET!!! :(

-> At first, I was scared of SSR11 when I was in high school! :scared:

^ But at time goes by, I'm in love with the track! :sly:

My say about this is that those tracks were meant to have no grandstands, being rally tracks/mountain passes and all.

You managed to make me say though that GTHD's Eiger looks better than GT5's Eiger, through the link posted.
^ The GTHD Eiger Concept had a different feel compared to GT5's Eiger. The GT5 version feels sterile, lifeless, and most of all a tad boring. The GTHD version was a bit more involving and thrilling!

Eiger Concept from GTHD

Eiger Nordwand from GT5P/GT5

:indiff:

The question is...how?
^ By making our 'voices' heard, so those creative people from PD will have an easier job of creating a better GT! :indiff:

Actually, in that same post of found track logos, on the list of codes without logos, Suzuka West is on there.
^ Hmm, okay. I will reassign Suzuka West to Pending to Return status once I get the chance, thanks! :)👍

I've been saying this on GT forums for years. Agreed x1000.
^ I agree wholeheartedly! 👍

-> If PD could recreate some of these tracks like the Südschleife, Bugatti, Monza '50s Combinazione/GP/Anello di alta velocità/Junior, Fuji '70s, etc. great! Since after years of griping in GTP of demanding Spa (modern layout) we now got it!

-> But in my opinion; before all that, PD should add all these tracks mentioned in post #1 in page 1 first. It adds more variety like a seafood buffett. One thing that GT5 was lacking is variety, bringing back these tracks will give GT a more unique flavor. Whats more if these tracks return and in addition all these real-life tracks old or new school, then the next GT will be epic of epic in the console genre. :)

I can't say for certain right now, but it will be as soon as I get my new PC.
^ No need to rush, just take your time! :)👍

Thanks for those posts Vanishing Boy, I like the info you made about the videos I did :)
^ You're very welcome. I always tend to be critical on the things that I research, and the result as what you see here. :sly:

Costa di Amalfi would be an AWESOME drift track, possibly even better than Eiger Nordwand, and I love Eiger, but Costa has alot of hairpins, and those are awesome :D I'd also like to see Infinion back in GT, probably because I've been there like 10 times in real life (for drag races only though, and for those who don't know, there is a drag strip right down the middle of that track), and the Las Vegas drag strip would also be a nice addition, but really, I'd like to see all these tracks back (but thats impossible really) but even any portion of these tracks would be nice to see, or, really any new tracks in that possible christmas dlc we've heard about would be awesome, I'd be first in line to buy (but maybe I'll be a little more patient after the last dlc problem, lol) :D

-> ...
Costa di Amalfi would be an AWESOME drift track, possibly even better than Eiger Nordwand, and I love Eiger, but Costa has alot of hairpins, and those are awesome :D I'd also like to see Infinion back in GT, probably because I've been there like 10 times in real life (for drag races only though, and for those who don't know, there is a drag strip right down the middle of that track), and the Las Vegas drag strip would also be a nice addition, but really, I'd like to see all these tracks back (but thats impossible really) but even any portion of these tracks would be nice to see, or, really any new tracks in that possible christmas dlc we've heard about would be awesome, I'd be first in line to buy (but maybe I'll be a little more patient after the last dlc problem, lol) :D
^ I miss Amalfi too, I treat it as my Gunma Cycle Sport Complex back in GT4 and GTPSP. :(

-> Oh, I'm aware about that Drag Racing section of Infineon/Sears Point:

Infineon_view.jpg

-> In my opinion that the Las Vegas track was rendered useless when PD decided that there will be no 2-player mode or any race sanction at the track. :indiff:

-> I hope it won't be an impossible... :nervous:

So, if thats the case. Maybe you can include variation of existing real tracks that were featured in past GTs. Since you're already on the fly. :indiff:

That was stupid for PD didn't include that island road, desert road and that indy ripoff. :grumpy:

^ I would if I can, but it up to the people here will decide if should I include more real life variations of the tracks that weren't included. But I don't want to end this thread up as an another wish list. :indiff:

-> I created this thread to point out on what we were missing. Since 95% of all these track here on this thread are made by PD themselves! ;)

-> ...

^ I miss Amalfi too, I treat it as my Gunma Cycle Sport Complex back in GT4 and GTPSP. :(

-> Oh, I'm aware about that Drag Racing section of Infineon/Sears Point:

Infineon_view.jpg

-> In my opinion that the Las Vegas track was rendered useless when PD decided that there will be no 2-player mode or any race sanction at the track. :indiff:

-> I hope it won't be an impossible... :nervous:

Yeah, Its more like a mountain pass than Eiger Nordwand is, would be cool to just line two cars up at the top and race to the bottom (or bottom to top), would be just like a Touge :D

Man, its been years since I've been to infinion, I miss it.... :guilty:

They could actually kill 2 birds with one stone if they put Infinion in GT5, just make a separate track selection for the drag strip, wouldn't have to change much to just add 2 new tracks, lol

Yeah, probably the reason why I barely ever used the strip, lol

I think it's possible, its just a matter or when ( whether its sometime in our lives or not, lol)

Stuff all the other tracks.. Test Course for the win. I'd be willing to pay for it as DLC in a heartbeat. Miss that track.. :)

Simply no better way to test a vehicles maximum rapidity.

^ The GTHD Eiger Concept had a different feel compared to GT5's Eiger. The GT5 version feels sterile, lifeless, and most of all a tad boring. The GTHD version was a bit more involving and thrilling!

Eiger Concept from GTHD

Eiger Nordwand from GT5P/GT5

:indiff:

I think that the GTHD version of Eiger Nordwand looks much more realistic.

-> Just had a short break and had a late night chat with Nish_280Z in GT5. :)

-> Few days ago I posted this reply on the next Driving Park: Test Course '10s:

-> This Driving Park: Test Course has a very significant traits the differs than the (Driving Park:) Test Course '90s the we were accustomed to when that particular track was introduced in GT3 and was returned (and renamed within the 'Driving Park' nomenlature) in GT4. And of course this is completely different from Test Course '90s from GT1 & GT2.

-> As I might say, this is a completely new (ie. Overhauled/Redesigned) version. I might call it Driving Park: Test Course '10s.

-> Here some screenshots from 2:16 to 2:21 from Youtube (along with Red Bull-PD X2010):

400m Mark
Screen%2Bshot%2B2011-11-01%2Bat%2B1.15.22%2BAM.png

500m Mark
Screen%2Bshot%2B2011-11-01%2Bat%2B1.15.48%2BAM.png

600m Mark
Screen%2Bshot%2B2011-11-01%2Bat%2B1.16.15%2BAM.png

700m Mark
Screen%2Bshot%2B2011-11-01%2Bat%2B1.16.37%2BAM.png

800m Mark
Screen%2Bshot%2B2011-11-01%2Bat%2B1.16.48%2BAM.png

approaching 900m Mark w/ X2010
Screen%2Bshot%2B2011-11-01%2Bat%2B1.17.08%2BAM.png

1000m Mark
Screen%2Bshot%2B2011-11-01%2Bat%2B1.17.23%2BAM.png

halfway to reset mark
Screen%2Bshot%2B2011-11-01%2Bat%2B1.17.31%2BAM.png

?reset 100m Mark?
Screen%2Bshot%2B2011-11-01%2Bat%2B1.18.18%2BAM.png

^ So pretty much; that the Test Course ('00s from GT4) will NOT return, but a NEW Test Course ('10s) will be available in GT5 as a dedicated DLC in the near future. ;)

^ So pretty much, the Driving Park: Test Course (aka. Test Course '00) will be replaced by this one, the Driving Park: Test Course ('10s). Looks like I'll have to wait and see (on the next DLC) if this track is confirmed before I edit the list as an alterted track (TC '00s). :indiff:

Yeah, Its more like a mountain pass than Eiger Nordwand is, would be cool to just line two cars up at the top and race to the bottom (or bottom to top), would be just like a Touge :D
^ The problem is; after my countless laps in Infineon/Sears Point, the the track doesn't provide the tight edge of a touge track. Heck, even the site of the American Touge battles in Best MOTORing/Hot Version were done in Streets of Willow (at Willow Springs) were too loose and wide compared to the epic Gunma Cycle Sports Center:

0807+Gunma+CSC+Layout.jpg

gcsc_circuit.gif

;)

Man, its been years since I've been to infinion, I miss it.... :guilty:

They could actually kill 2 birds with one stone if they put Infinion in GT5, just make a separate track selection for the drag strip, wouldn't have to change much to just add 2 new tracks, lol

Yeah, probably the reason why I barely ever used the strip, lol
^ PD could add the Drag Track of Infineon/Sears Point easily (compared to the usual process of real tracks). PD should should consider this, and if they do, they should do a Drag Track pack which consists:

*Just wishful thinking*
- Las Vegas Drag Strip (pending to return)
_-Gran-Turismo-4-PS2-_.jpg

- Test Course '90s Drag Section (GT1/GT2)
gran_turismo_2.jpg

- Driving Park: Test Course Drag Section (GT3/GT4)
yl6qYl.jpg

- Santa Pod (Real Track)
santapod001.jpg

- Infineon Raceway Drag Strip (Real Track)
800px-Infineon_%28Sears_Point%29_with_emphasis_on_Long_track.svg.png

40845633.jpg

- Dmitrov Test Track (of Moscow Unlim 500+ fame, Real Track)
IMG_3923%282%29.jpg

-> Since the GT has divided track into these categories:

- Original
- World Circuit
- Dirt
- My Course

^ So adding a Drag Strip would be much welcome addition. Although I won't be using it as much. ;)

I think it's possible, its just a matter or when (whether its sometime in our lives or not, lol)
^ I really do hope so... :(

Stuff all the other tracks.. Test Course for the win. I'd be willing to pay for it as DLC in a heartbeat. Miss that track.. :)

Simply no better way to test a vehicles maximum rapidity.
^ I do agree, Test Course '00 (GT3/GT4) provided (somewhat) the best way to test its vehicles to maximum speed potential and also a good drag strip alternative. Although Test Course '90s (GT1/GT2) proved to be a more exciting top speed battles for online people since it was based on the narrower JARI test track in japan:

-> To be honest, I still longed for the Test Course '90s from from GT1/2:

15505-gran-turismo-2-playstation-screenshot-she-ll-make-point-five.jpg

^ This particular track was inspired from this particular test track:

The JARI Test Track
map.gif

I think that the GTHD version of Eiger Nordwand looks much more realistic.
^ In my opinion, the Concept (GTHD) is better based on the atmosphere alone. The road 'feels' tighter, 'narrower', and more raw compared to the GT5P version. PD over-refined Eiger on GT5P/GT5. :grumpy:

Last edited:
Few days ago I posted this reply on the next Driving Park: Test Course '10s:

I had always wondered what that track was when I saw it in the intro, but never occured to me that it could be the test track.

The problem is; after my countless laps in Infineon/Sears Point, the the track doesn't provide the tight edge of a touge track. Heck, even the site of the American Touge battles in Best MOTORing/Hot Version were done in Streets of Willow (at Willow Springs) were too loose and wide compared to the epic Gunma Cycle Sports Center:

.....I was talking about Costa di Amalfi, lol, I don't think Infinion would make a good touge track either. Actually, Infinion would also add another Nascar track, which would satisfy those fans, the drag strip in the middle would satisfy those of us who want a drag strip, and then there was that other layout that went in the middle, I think it was a Grand-Am layout, I forget, either way, it would satisfy those fans, so one track that would be, in essence, 3 tracks, plus the reverse version, lol, since they count those, and maybe make it a weather verion too :D

Jeebus, what a great thread.

I was in the PC gaming era (and prior to that, the Sega Mega Drive (Genesis)) when GT1 came out and didn't pick up a PS2 until it was a couple of years old (Slimline). I started with GT3:A-Spec because it looked great and was 'Platinum Edition" so this is a great bit of history.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Back