GT5's >MISSING< Tracks & Circuits [Moving on to GT6]

-> ...
First, some alternate layouts of original tracks (I don't have the appropriate software on my computer to draw them up, so I'll just have to describe them instead. Also, some corners would have to be altered to make the turns less sharp) -

Autumn Ring Short - Take the first hairpin as normal, and then turn right down the Mini cut-off before rejoining the main track after turn 9.

Grand Valley National - Start on the bridge just before the tunnel, then after the S-turns, take a right onto the second East cut-off, then right again at the end of that to get back to the start/finish.

Then, some Piazza del Campo style kart tracks -

Trafalgar Square - basically like the canned Piazza del Campo, except with more pigeon mess.

Madrid - combines the roundabout around the monument with the start of the pit straight.

Sorry I can't provide proper maps. 👍

I've thought of another possible track - this time an extra length street circuit.

Paris Ultimate - connects the two GT4 Paris circuits with Avenue Champs-Elysées. It starts at the start/finish area of Opera Paris, goes around that track, then turns right onto Champs-Elysées. You thunder down Champs-Elysées, go around the George V Paris track, then make a sharp right and head the other direction along Champs-Elysées, before rejoining the Opera Paris track.
^ I really do admire your possibilities Roadster. But if SHIRAKAWA is too busy translating at KY's Twitter page...why dont you play around on Google Maps instead? Just saying...

-Here's My Sample-

Las Vegas Strip Raceway
LVStripRacewy.jpg

:sly:

This is be the simplest path between the two Paris circuits in GT4. It would be end up being some sort of city "Le Mans" Circuit, with long straights unsuitable for racing with low power cars. However, despite that, the "old" sections would be narrow and relatively slow.

5.25 miles / 8.44 Km

WEAlW.jpg

Last edited:
-> ...
This is be the simplest path between the two Paris circuits in GT4. It would be end up being some sort of city "Le Mans" Circuit, with long straights unsuitable for racing with low power cars. However, despite that, the "old" sections would be narrow and relatively slow.

5.25 miles / 8.44 Km

WEAlW.jpg
^ We can call it Circuit du Rone (Ronay). :lol:

^ Inspired from the movie Ronin:
ronin3.jpg

1240460119_49.jpg

:sly:

5.25 miles / 8.44 Km

WEAlW.jpg

Thanks for that one, mate. That's the exact layout I was thinking of (including the roundabout in the middle of the Champs-Elysées for added jeopardy).

PS, sorry about the late thanks, I forgot about this thread for a while. :ouch:

Anyway, another idea I had was a similar concept to Paris Ultimate (or Circuit du Rone), this time linking up the layouts of Rome Night, Nuovo Rome and Old Rome. http://imageshack.us/f/710/romenight2.jpg/It basically skips out the South-East and North-West straights on Nuovo Rome to create one big loop. I tried to create a layout on Google and Bing maps but I kept hitting problems. I guess it was just too long. This picture is from the forums.

Last edited:
Anyway, another idea I had was a similar concept to Paris Ultimate (or Circuit du Rone), this time linking up the layouts of Rome Night, Nuovo Rome and Old Rome. http://imageshack.us/f/710/romenight2.jpg/It basically skips out the South-East and North-West straights on Nuovo Rome to create one big loop. I tried to create a layout on Google and Bing maps but I kept hitting problems. I guess it was just too long. This picture is from the forums.

Keep in mind that the Rome Night circuit in GT2 is only vaguely based on real roads. A realistic version would be different because some of those roads don't exist or are too narrow or blocked. I can say though that I'm fairly certain about the location. This is the result of what you suggest above, anyway. It would be 8.5 mi/13.2 Km long:

hKP9E.jpg

Other users made a good point, however, that the "Rome Night" section as it is doesn't go through many interesting places (rather, it goes around them).

Haha i miss the complex string, i enjoyed the track......challenging but yet fun.....
They should throw SSR11 back into the game

Last edited:
Since I personally like the atmosphere and overall look of the Tokyo R246 track, I would love to see the R246 west, R246 east and Tokyo Park tracks come to life. :drool: 👍

-> ...
Keep in mind that the Rome Night circuit in GT2 is only vaguely based on real roads. A realistic version would be different because some of those roads don't exist or are too narrow or blocked. I can say though that I'm fairly certain about the location. This is the result of what you suggest above, anyway. It would be 8.5 mi/13.2 Km long:

hKP9E.jpg

Other users made a good point, however, that the "Rome Night" section as it is doesn't go through many interesting places (rather, it goes around them).
^ Although as what I've said before, I'd rather keep Roma Italia/Rome Night as a fictional city track.

-> Even logically, that special track from GT2 make no sense at all; for notalgic purposes, it's perfect the way it is! Well, thats my opinion...:sly:

Yet more truly epic work, Shirakawa. I have great respect for you.
^ Oh yes, he really did some map work in the past such as that trully epic final design of Special Stage City! :drool:

Smart_Roadster -> That is the point of fictional tracks that most GTP'ers dissed about unfortunately... :indiff:

-> These guys keep on stressing about real tracks ALL THE TIME!!! :indiff:

the only one i REALLY miss is the las vegas drag strip. hell even GT3 had a 0-400km or whatever

was really nice to see what cars ran in the 1/4 mile. especially in gt5 where drag racing online is such a huge community

also miss the test course, was perfect for testing top speed, all we have now is Sarthe which is bumpy as ****, and route 7 which has turns

That list makes me really sad panda. I've started my adventure with GT series from GT5, and I'd love to drive at Costa di Amalfi, Citta di Aria, or make some photos at Paris or Grand Canyon tracks :(

There's also Tsukuba 1000 (in addition to the 2000 meters version in GT5). It cuts the track in half at the middle section (in gray below), skipping the hairpin:

800px-Tsukuba.svg_.png

^ The Tsukuba 1000 was featured in Forza series. ;)

-> There are nice potential variations on some of the tracks on the other thread (PD could add these tracks in 24hrs..or something) that can gladly be added here. Maybe if I have the time, I could add it here too! :boggled:

And let us not forget about ingenious option to have all night SS tracks available in daytime.

Gah, you stole my idea!

I'm planning to do a 'History of tracks in GT games' on my Gran Turismo website, although i wasn't planning to use images of the tracks (never have on my site as its hard to find a track map for every single track, and a map design that looks the same as others (instead of user-made ones)).

I won't be stealing info from this thread though, had planned to go through all GT games and manually try and spot the differences.

Last edited:
^ Hey, no biggie! ;)

-> As long as we keep a lot of people informed, the better! Heck, I will share this thread on my blog site soon! :boggled:

You're missing a track, Stelvio Pass.

About a year, maybe a year and a half before the release of GT5, a promo video for the Toyota FT-86 was shown demonstrating the car in GT5 driving around locations such as Fuji, London and a mountain road in Switzerland that looks near identical to Stelvio Pass.

If you want to see the track I'm talking about then watch the video below. The track is visible for 27 seconds, from 0:53 to 1:20.

Now go look at some images of Stelvio Pass, the wall and signs along the road look identical to the track you're seeing in the video above. This is also most definitely not Eiger since there are far too many differences for it to even be a variation of the Eiger course.

I would love to know what happened to this track and why it isn't in GT5, because it's one of the things I was most anticipating in the game come release day.

That was probably an unreleased course maker track based on Eiger. The mountains you can see in the background were confirmed last year to be from the Eiger area.

Back