GT5's >MISSING< Tracks & Circuits [Moving on to GT6]

That was probably an unreleased course maker track based on Eiger. The mountains you can see in the background were confirmed last year to be from the Eiger area.

Any chance you could ask Kaz via Twitter? Unless I'm mistaking you for someone else, I was under the impression that you could speak Japanese? :)

Could just chuck him a link to the YouTube video and something along the lines of "What is the track visible from 0:53 to 1:20?" and see what he says? I'd really love to find out.

You're probably right though, it might have been a course maker theme. I recall there being screenshots showing the various themes for the course maker just before the release of GT5 and there were 2 or 3 themes that weren't in the final game even though they were shown in promo material :(

Awesome list with so many memories flooding back. I've played GT1,2,3,4 & now 5. I want most of these, if not all back. So here goes,

Dear PD,
I love the GT series. It is amazing. I paid my $80au for this game. I am willing to pay $40au for these tracks. I would also pay another $40au for 200 more cars*.

Lots of love

Milldrum.

*Only 1 model of each car please. Not 31 variations of the Honda Jazz.

I was thinking that if it was an Aussie who designed the game then we would get 5-6 variations of the commodore? berlina, omega, sv6, ss, calais LOL

^ How many Eiger's is it other that course creater anyways!? Its beginning to piss me off!!! :grumpy:

(Will edit the list for new additions here and on my blog soon)

-> There are threads that came up lately. So I would like to bump this thread up.

Last edited:
I hope new DLC brings out some of these tracks. I really miss El Capitan and Cathedral Rocks variant, SSR11, Aria, Amalfi, Hong Kong and Smokey Mountain. The others were good too, although I don't miss Complex String. Also I'm not too fussed about earlier versions of tracks and short courses.

It's odd Infineon, Motegi, Pikes Peak (since GT2) and LA strip are missing. I don't remember Valencia being in GT4 - Oh it was a secret unlock... wth?

It's odd Infineon, Motegi, Pikes Peak (since GT2) and LA strip are missing. I don't remember Valencia being in GT4 - Oh it was a secret unlock... wth?

Actually Valencia was in Tourist Trophy. Also, it bothers me that Infineon and Motegi appear in Forza 4! :(

On another note:

In my opinion, there are tracks and track variations that PD can easily do in a short time. I know I saw another forum topic on this, but I'd like to have a say in what other courses could come back easily:

1. Suzuka West (why is there an east version, but not west?)
2. Tsukuba Short (it even appears in Tsukuba itself!)
3. Tsukuba Wet - Weather Changes (if they have weather effects, how come they didn't bring back the rainy version from GT4?)
4. SSR5 Wet - Weather Changes (for the same reason as #3, also that this was also a course in GT3. Also, how come SSR7 gets to rain, but SSR5 doesn't?)
5. Clubman Stage R5 - Weather Changes
6. Motorsports Land (if they can make Kart Space, they can make this easily since there are now Go-Karting races).
7-11. Possibly Test Course, Mid-Field Raceway, Apricot Hill Raceway, Beginner's Course and Motorland since it should not take too much effort to redesign these tracks, as they are original tracks and not as overly detailed as Spa and Kart Space.
12. Possibly Piazza del Campo, since PD already created the track (it even appeared in demos and as a Photo Mode Travel Location!). Just don't worry about those flags and make it a course anyways!
13-14. Fuji Speedway '80s and '90s.

Last edited:
-> To be honest I've been very busy lately, thats why I haven't updated the list for quite some time. :indiff:

In my opinion, there are tracks and track variations that PD can easily do in a short time. I know I saw another forum topic on this, but I'd like to have a say in what other courses could come back easily:
^ Yup, and its this one...

10 tracks that PD could add to GT5 within 24 hours

or

Are Fictional Courses Good for the Gran Turismo Series?

or

COMPLEX STRING: Do you want it back again in GT5?

or even here

What are your thoughts on Special Stage Route 7?

;)

3. Tsukuba Wet - Weather Changes (if they have weather effects, how come they didn't bring back the rainy version from GT4?)
4. SSR5 Wet - Weather Changes (for the same reason that this was also a course in GT3. Also, how come SSR7 gets to rain, but SSR5 doesn't?)
6. Motorsports Land (if they can make Kart Space, they can make this easily since there are now Go-Karting races).
7-11. Possibly Test Course, Mid-Field Raceway, Apricot Hill Raceway, Beginner's Course and Motorland since it should not take too much effort to redesign these tracks, as they are original tracks and not as overly detailed as Spa and Kart Space.
12. Possibly Piazza del Campo, since PD already created the track (it even appeared in demos and as a Photo Mode Travel Location!). Just don't worry about those flags and make it a course anyways!
13-14. Fuji Speedway '80s and '90s.
^ Every 🤬 day. I always pondered why PD didn't do it... :grumpy: :indiff:

And more easy ones...

15. Complex String (this may take a little longer to recreate than the others I mentioned, since the track is incredibly long, complex (as the title states) and full of various elevations, but again, it's an original track. Try porting it from GT3, for starters, and fix details here and there. Also, don't limit it to time trials and free runs; make it a single/online/ENDURANCE race!)
16-17. The Monza 1955 variation, the one with the oval (even Naruto149 found this out!) Oh, and there's also Monza Jr.
18. In GT5's version of SSR5, it appears that, in the first tunnel, they've added a pathway that apparently leads to SSR7. Here sparks a new question: where does this passage actually lead to in SSR7? Could it create a whole new combined track?)
19. Super Speedway, GT2/3 version, not Twin Ring Motegi's. Compared to Daytona and Indianapolis, this one should not take as much effort, as it is simple in design and not a NASCAR track.
20. Gymkhana Park! So we at least we have somewhere to practice driving!

I'm with you, Vanishing Boy; it bothers me on why PD would exclude tracks that should have been there in the first place, especially numbers 1-4. If they can easily make Spa and Kart Space, then aren't these tracks I mentioned easier to make?

Last edited:
-> Please bear with me for the long reply...

^ I think of the East Course is being way overused, from the F355 Challenge to Forza 4. I see this track almost at every game/simulator! :indiff:

-> I treat the west couse as the Japanese Dunsfold Air Field (aka. Top Gear UK Test Track) when I was playing GTPSP testing cars. And of course, I don't forget the West Course when the Manly-Man Senna had a go with the epic NA1 NSX Type-R:

^ Yup, as his jacket says...he's DA BAWWSS!!! :lol:

^ It was featured in some sims (ie. Forza series). Why not in GT!? It would be perfect for even more drifters! :dopey:

-Tsukuba Short-
Tsukuba_Circuit_Short_Circuit.jpg

;)

^ It was a blast back in GT4. In fact this was the first Wet Course I've enjoyed ever since! 👍

4. SSR5 Wet - Weather Changes (for the same reason as #3, also that this was also a course in GT3. Also, how come SSR7 gets to rain, but SSR5 doesn't?)
^ I believe PD focused too much on the incomplete SSR7. :indiff:

^ Motorsports Land IS THE PERFECT KART TRACK! Period.

motorsports_land_165x168.gif

^ Why oh why PD can't see thru GT2!! :grumpy:

7. Possibly Test Course
^ I remember '90s and the much boring '00s version. I totally miss the '90s version...

:(

8. Mid-Field Raceway
^ Same as #7 above...

-Mid-Field Raceway 'The 1st'-
mid-field_165x168.gif
mid-field_165x168.gif

:(

9. Apricot Hill Raceway
^ Even thou its one of my least favorite tracks, it deserves a comeback. :indiff:

10. Beginner's Course
^ There are two of them now!

20r60r_chicane_165x168.gif
20r60r_165x168.gif

11. Motorland since it should not take too much effort to redesign these tracks, as they are original tracks and not as overly detailed as Spa and Kart Space.
^ I already posted on the 1st page that Driving Park: Motorland is pending to return in GT5

-Driving Park: Motorland-
motorland_165x168.gif

;)

^ Obviously, just like what they did on the JLOC-Nomad Diablo on GT3. Piazza won't show up until GT7... :indiff:

13. Fuji Speedway '80s
14. Fuji Speedway '90s.
^ Don't forget the '70s version:

FujiSpeedway.gif

;)

And more easy ones...

15. Complex String (this may take a little longer to recreate than the others I mentioned, since the track is incredibly long, complex (as the title states) and full of various elevations, but again, it's an original track. Try porting it from GT3, for starters, and fix details here and there. Also, don't limit it to time trials and free runs; make it a single/online/ENDURANCE race!)
^ I used to remember back then that CP was one of the most unliked tracks in GT3.

3.jpg

complex_string.jpg

^ But now, the track gained its cult following and it resulted back to one of the most highly demanded tracks in GTP after GT4! On which now brought to its Legendary Status. :boggled:

16-17. The Monza 1955 variation, the one with the oval (even Naruto149 found this out!) Oh, and there's also Monza Jr.
^ It would be possible as PD did with the Fuji '80s track before. All PD has to do is to aquire as many data as possible from Monza Track officials. :)

18. In GT5's version of SSR5, it appears that, in the first tunnel, they've added a pathway that apparently leads to SSR7. Here sparks a new question: where does this passage actually lead to in SSR7? Could it create a whole new combined track?)
^ That pathway to SSR7 leads to a different section of the highway outside the intended section of the highway. On SSR7 in GT5, there were no notable exit/entry on ramps on th whole course. :indiff:

19. Super Speedway, GT2/3 version, not Twin Ring Motegi's. Very easy to remake.
^ As I pointed out on my 1st post, the Super Speedway '00 in GT3 is pending for return. The GT2 version/'90s has a different scenery and pitstop layout. The Motegi is just plain boring. :indiff:

-'90s aka. GT2 Version-

-'00s aka, GT3 Version- (pending to return in GT5)

-Motegi Version-

I'm with you, Vanishing Boy; it bothers me on why PD would exclude tracks that should have been there in the first place, especially numbers 1-4. If they can easily make Spa and Kart Space, then aren't these tracks I mentioned easier to make?
^ In my opinion, GT5 is a prime example of being losing their focus...im mean PD could bring back all these tracks with minimal effort instead of creating a whole new Original Track. :grumpy:

Man, I can only hope for half these tracks making it within a few months onto gt5. Kaz needs to get back to making stuff, and not over planning.

^ That pathway to SSR7 leads to a different section of the highway outside the intended section of the highway. On SSR7 in GT5, there were no notable exit/entry on ramps on the whole course. :indiff:
That's a shame, they should create a variation combining both stages (even if no one will try it out-just for lol's)

^ In my opinion, GT5 is a prime example of being losing their focus...im mean PD could bring back all these tracks with minimal effort instead of creating a whole new Original Track.
Totally agree. As I said before in this thread, if Polyphony brought back all old tracks, added weather, day/night transition, forward/reverse and every variation possible, it would have more tracks and variations than any f its competitiors (including Forza)

Last edited:
-> Hello everyone! I've finally updated the list of the >MISSING< Gran Turismo tracks that I've extracted from here and other notable threads namely:

1. Circuit du Ron&#275;
WEAlW.jpg

©SHIRAKAWA Akira

2. Grand Valley ('00s/B) Race Course (aka. Grand Valley Race Course Type.A)
GrandValley.jpg

©grashopper

3. Grand Valley ('00s/B) Speed Circuit (aka. Grand Valley Race Course Type.B)
GrandValley.jpg

©grashopper

4. London Roundabout (aka. London Layout 2)
9hfaO.jpg

©pk3r72owns

:sly:

-> And I overlooked this one:

- Tsukuba Wet
tsukuba_wet_165x168.gif

;)

-> I've got issues on some of these tracks below. Although I would love to include it here. But these tracks were never featured in GT ever! :indiff:

1. -Monza '50s Combinazione-
Monza_1955.jpg

2. -Monza '50s GP-
Monza_1950.jpg

3. -Monza '50s Anello di alta velocità-
969ae8b4-8904-4c48-8939-c86d91d67c21.jpg

4. -Monza Junior-
438.jpg

5. -Tsukuba 1000 / Tsukuba Short-
Tsukuba_Circuit_Short_Circuit.jpg

6. -Fuji Speedway '70s- (highlighted in red)
FujiSpeedway.gif

fuji.gif

7. -Circuit Bugatti-
frlmmap2.gif

8. -Nürburgring Südschleife- (highlighted in red)
cartinastoriasud.jpg

nurburgring67-72sud_map.gif

^ I admit, these tracks are tasty as they can be. But if I add these guys, this thread might end up as a Track Wishlist on which I don't want it to happen. ;)

-> Plus, due to Monza's immense histological records, it will end up worse than Cape Ring! :eek: :scared:

-> Thanks for the continued support.

:)

BUMP -> I really don't want to spam my own thread, but things are getting real slow here as other Missing Track threads are getting more fanfare... :indiff:

-> So I apologize for another (very) long post... :nervous:

-> Heres what I've replied on that Special Stage City thread:

-> ...

^ The problem is, that exit leads to another section of the highway. Not in anyway connected to CSR5/SSR5. :indiff:

^ I got the pics thru PSN. However, it doesn't lead to anything. Here are my pics of CSR5/SSR5 '10s:

IMG_2933.JPG

IMG_2934.JPG

-> An unknown highway section...

IMG_2926.JPG

-> Hmm, this skyline (NOT the Nissan) is familiar... :indiff:

IMG_2925.JPG

-> Way...wha!? :dunce:

IMG_2941.JPG

-> What is this!? :odd:

IMG_2949.JPG

-> And "some" hints of "SSR7" on SSR11 '00s from GT3!!! :eek:

IMG_2848.JPG

IMG_2849.JPG

IMG_2847.JPG

-> An unknown highway section in SSR11 '00s.

IMG_2844.JPG

-> Some of my lame-butt conclusion, but I'd still stick on my asumption that theres no way that CSR5/SSR5, SSR7, & SSR11 are connected altogether...

overpassmist3.png

:dunce:

-> As a treat, I want to show more proof that SSR5 '90s (the one from GT1 'til GT4) and SSR11 '90s (from GT1) & '00s (from GT3) are connected:

- This was a 'chop by SHIRAKAWA Akira:

SpecialStageCity1.png

- First, this is the SSR5 '90s:

* Approaching the hairpin

GT1

IMG_2866.JPG

GT3

IMG_2823.JPG

GT4

IMG_2905.JPG

* At the hairpin entrance

GT1

IMG_2867.JPG

GT3

IMG_2824.JPG

GT4

IMG_2907.JPG

* At the middle of the hairpin

GT1

IMG_2871.JPG

GT3

IMG_2828.JPG

GT4

IMG_2913.JPG

* And hints of SSR11

GT1

IMG_2869.JPG

IMG_2870.JPG

GT3

IMG_2826.JPG

IMG_2827.JPG

GT4

IMG_2911.JPG

IMG_2912.JPG

- This is SSR11

* Approaching the hairpin

GT1

IMG_2888.JPG

GT3

IMG_2845.JPG

* At the hairpin entrance

GT1

IMG_2888.JPG

IMG_2885.JPG

IMG_2884.JPG

GT3

IMG_2843.JPG

IMG_2841.JPG

IMG_2842.JPG

* At the end of the overpass (from SSR5?)

GT1

IMG_2889.JPG

GT3

IMG_2846.JPG

^ Please tell me what you think!

💡

^ If I only knew where to send it, I will but given that PD RARELY listens!!! :grumpy:

-> Once I have another 4 to 5 hours to spare (maybe while doing laundry). I might take pics regarding the difference of each Grand Valley East/Speedway ('90s, '00/A, & '00s/B) thoughout the history of GT. ;)

^ If I only knew where to send it, I will but given that PD RARELY listens!!! :grumpy:

-> Once I have another 4 to 5 hours to spare (maybe while doing laundry). I might take pics regarding the difference of each Grand Valley East/Speedway ('90s, '00/A, & '00s/B) thoughout the history of GT. ;)

kaz's twitter, hopefully including a link to some posts in page 13 of this thread.

Last edited:
^ That would be SHIRAKAWA Akira's job, since he twits KY.

BT -> What do you think about these videos?

******ANOTHER SECRET & HIDDEN TRACKS!!!!! And this time its from GT2!!!*******

-> Don't worry about the 1st one, its already on the list as Secret Stage Laguna Ring. ;)

^ Credits from SonicX55 from Youtube!!

:crazy: :scared: :drool: :dopey: :)

Last edited:
Please Polyphony, give us back all the good old tracks :).

Complex String, Test Course, Seattle and Midfield and many more :)

Back