GT5's >MISSING< Tracks & Circuits [Moving on to GT6]

I miss the feel of the 90's tracks, especially in GT1.

The game itself was as brightly coloured and wacky as their adverts! Aah the good old days...

Anyway my opinion on these tracks and a little yes/no if they should be in the game in my eyes:

Apricot hill - was a nice track, maybe change something around the last chicane but would definitely be welcomed with open arms.

Same goes for Mid-field raceway though (and this is only my opinion) it's abit overrated. It fits the bill as a 'perfect' circuit but at the same time its not, like its missing something... though i'd still say yes to it.

Citta di Aria - Nah, wasnt fond of this one at all.

Costa di Amalfi - Oh god wasnt there a race we had to grind on this track? No.

Driving park tracks - was only a fan of the big oval, a maybe from me.

El Capitan - average track, definitely not my first choice yet would prefer it over others, mainly because of the tuning car championship on GT4. Maybe/yes.

George V Paris - Driving around here in a free-run mode, pretending to be driving normally following the rules of the road was my main memory of this track, though as i remember wasnt that fun for racing. Maybe.

Hong Kong - looking at the little map picture on the first page it reminds me of that f1 track, singapore? I remember a couple of corners were awkward and cars would bunch up behind the loser who bumped the wall (me :lol:). Maybe as well.

Las Vegas Drag Strip - Maybe if they had drag racing, otherwise no.

New York - Another track just to show off their city-modelling skills, i would look down on this track yet its an ok track to drive on, better than london anyway so i would say yes (oddly enough).

Opera Paris - In short no. In long Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! People moan about fuji being bad because it has no "rhythm" or its "uninteresting" or "badly designed" but for me this can be said for opera paris.

Seattle Circuit - I would normally say no, but this is a classic, so yes! :lol:

Seoul Central - Well it seemed like a variation of new york, only... well... i dunno... and due to a lack of purpose this is a no.

High Speed Ring '90s - Aaah yes, when i think of my GT1 days i think of twisting round the S curve, looking at the multi-coloured pixel crowd and imagining while racing in my red toyota supra that this was my job of the future. But i dont get that with the new one, yea it looks good and new but its just not high speed ring. They should've given it the old feel but as believable as the new one, if they do that, then yes (and replace the one that's on there now).

Test Course '90s - As far as i'm aware this is based on a real test course, only alot simpler. They can easily model the real version of this so another yes.

Motorsports Land - There aren't enough kart tracks in GT5, so definitely yes.

Complex String - Hmm, a definitive 'test course', but too many will make the game 'The real test course simulator'. But this was kinda fun so a maybe.

pod Race Track - A possible kart track? Yes.

Grindelwald - Hmm, not sure of this one, maybe some concept pictures of how this would be in GT5 would do it, plus its a classic from GT2. Maybe.

Red Rock Valley Speedway - I dont really like nascar ovals, and this one is like an oval looped over itself like a piece of string. Even so... I would welcome this one as much as Mid-field and Apricot Hill. A big yes from me.

Rome Circuit '90s - Yes, because it was another classic from the old days and it could mean a bigger Rome circuit if combined with the current one.

Roma Italia (aka. Rome Night) - Well i guess the track doesnt fit onto any roads in rl Rome i can imagine that they should do a new version of this. As discussed in this thread https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3958625 . Oh imagine all the possibilities here! Yes.

Special Stage Route 11 '90s/'00s - Yes, preferably the '90s one.

Special Stage City [aka. R5-11 or R16] - Yes. Do it! NOW!

I missed out the rally tracks and such because i don't remember them too well and I'm more interested in road tracks first.

Anyway nice research of the tracks, i nearly forgot about that Rome night circuit!

-> ...

I miss the feel of the 90's tracks, especially in GT1.

The game itself was as brightly coloured and wacky as their adverts! Aah the good old days...
^ When I tried to compare GT1, GT3, GT4, & GT5's versions of SSR5; I've noticed some pointers:

GT1/2 -> Man, these two games are billboard crazy!!! But it brings out the lively atmosphere! 👍

GT3 -> The ads are still there, but they're placed more logically around the track. 👍

GT4 -> They restrained the billboards, but not the crowds. :)

GT5 (SSR5 '10s) -> This is a completely dead track, no billboards and crowds alike. As if all humans on the planet just disapeared only GT racers are the only ones left!!! :indiff:

Same goes for Mid-field raceway though (and this is only my opinion) it's abit overrated. It fits the bill as a 'perfect' circuit but at the same time its not, like its missing something... though i'd still say yes to it.
^ The 1st was an awesome track as far as I can remember in GT3. It has that flow I've been looking for in a race track. On which translates it into a fun track! The 2nd on the other hand was boring and like Fuji F/GT, it lost its flow that made it fun.

Costa di Amalfi - Oh god wasnt there a race we had to grind on this track? No.
^ Amalfi is more of a Touge track than a full-fledge race/rally track. Its a perfect track to go nose-to-tail (aka. Initial D) type of racing:

:sly:

George V Paris - Driving around here in a free-run mode, pretending to be driving normally following the rules of the road was my main memory of this track, though as i remember wasnt that fun for racing. Maybe.

Opera Paris - In short no. In long Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! People moan about fuji being bad because it has no "rhythm" or its "uninteresting" or "badly designed" but for me this can be said for opera paris.
^ I've never like BOTH of these tracks IMHO. I can relate to them to the London track. But to some people, these tracks may have that 'charm' that they've been looking for. :)

Hong Kong - looking at the little map picture on the first page it reminds me of that f1 track, singapore? I remember a couple of corners were awkward and cars would bunch up behind the loser who bumped the wall (me :lol:). Maybe as well.
^ The time of day on GT4P/GT4 was a mistake. Sure it worked on Seattle and Laguna Seca in GT3 but never in Hong Kong. The track was a good one, it always keeps you awake! It just had too many tall buildings (and not enough street lights) to hamper any visible info on the track ahead. :indiff:

Las Vegas Drag Strip - Maybe if they had drag racing, otherwise no.
^ Nah, I'd rather have this one:

Las Vegas Strip Raceway

New York - Another track just to show off their city-modelling skills, i would look down on this track yet its an ok track to drive on, better than london anyway so i would say yes (oddly enough).
^ NY was a good track, but it could've done better.

Seattle Circuit - I would normally say no, but this is a classic, so yes! :lol:
^ It was a fun track (especially if its on a multiplayer setting). This track is so wide that all 16 players online will have a major hoot driving/racing here!

Seoul Central - Well it seemed like a variation of new york, only... well... i dunno... and due to a lack of purpose this is a no.
^ I would think this deserves a replacement layout instead of the Rome Circuit. This track is somewhat for NY track clone but with less corners! :indiff:

High Speed Ring '90s - Aaah yes, when i think of my GT1 days i think of twisting round the S curve, looking at the multi-coloured pixel crowd and imagining while racing in my red toyota supra that this was my job of the future. But i dont get that with the new one, yea it looks good and new but its just not high speed ring. They should've given it the old feel but as believable as the new one, if they do that, then yes (and replace the one that's on there now).
^ HSR '00s is too wide and feels too long and flat! HSR '90s is more of a fun track to learn and compete with. Plus HSR '90s possess the best camera angles in GT's history. The 5th clip is just... :drool:

:)

Test Course '90s - As far as i'm aware this is based on a real test course, only alot simpler. They can easily model the real version of this so another yes.
^ Yes, it was! The Test Track '90s was inspired from the JARI Test Circuit!

;)

Motorsports Land - There aren't enough kart tracks in GT5, so definitely yes.
^ I agree, and looks like more of a challenge than ANY kart tracks in GT5! Which is a pity! :indiff:

Complex String - Hmm, a definitive 'test course', but too many will make the game 'The real test course simulator'. But this was kinda fun so a maybe.
^ CS takes time for you to like it. Its a very technical track. Some might like it, some don't. I'm like you, I'm in-between. :dopey:

pod Race Track - A possible kart track? Yes.
^ Nope, but more of a good gymkhana track for Kei cars! :)

Grindelwald - Hmm, not sure of this one, maybe some concept pictures of how this would be in GT5 would do it, plus its a classic from GT2. Maybe.
^ I always see Grindie as a Touge track for higher powered cars. The flow of this track is almost near-perfect (quite one of the best). And that is the sole reason why GTP (and some significant others) loves this track dearly. :(

Red Rock Valley Speedway - I dont really like nascar ovals, and this one is like an oval looped over itself like a piece of string. Even so... I would welcome this one as much as Mid-field and Apricot Hill. A big yes from me.
^ Red Rock along with Grindie has that near-perfect flow. But this track is all about high-speed stability and transitions. It can be a perfect NASCAR or Le Man race track. :)

Rome Circuit '90s - Yes, because it was another classic from the old days and it could mean a bigger Rome circuit if combined with the current one.
^ As the 1st page states, it is possible! But PD has to return RC/RS '90s first! :grumpy:

Roma Italia (aka. Rome Night) - Well i guess the track doesnt fit onto any roads in rl Rome i can imagine that they should do a new version of this. As discussed in this thread https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3958625 . Oh imagine all the possibilities here! Yes.
^ I just like to see RI as what it is, a fictional location track (ie. SSR-series tracks) that was inspired from the city of Rome Italy, not as a real location city track (ie. NR & RC/RS '90s). ;)

"Amalfi is more of a Touge track than a full-fledge race/rally track. Its a perfect track to go nose-to-tail (aka. Initial D) type of racing"

Yea i guess youre right, I love Initial D and best motoring, but i guess because the track wasn't in japan that it didnt cross my mind.

And thanks for the name of that test track, knew i saw it somewhere :P

Final add is about Red Rock Valley, that's what i had in my head but forgot to mention it - normal NASCAR ovals aren't for everyone but with this track i can imagine an interesting NASCAR race.

Ideally if they could they should have ALL these tracks back in so everyone's happy plus the massively added variety.

-> ...
Final add is about Red Rock Valley, that's what i had in my head but forgot to mention it - normal NASCAR ovals aren't for everyone but with this track i can imagine an interesting NASCAR race.
^ I would think if PD brings back Red Rock Valley, NASCAR will be a lot more fun!

Here is Classic Game Room HD review of RRVS

^ I miss this track dearly, and I lost my GT2 disc! :(

Ideally if they could they should have ALL these tracks back in so everyone's happy plus the massively added variety.
^ GT5 will be a lot more fun in the end. The overall gameplay would be lengthen 5 times! And in online, it would be a nicer place to waste time/life. :sly:

I loved all the billboards in the earlier GT games. Especially that one at Grand Valley in GT3.
^ Ha ha, GT3 is conservative compared to GT1 and GT2! I haven't exposed my whole pics of SSR5 '90s and SSR11 '90s in GT1! :crazy: :lol:

To my absolute surprise, I was a bit stunned Mid-Field Raceway didn't return for GT5. That's the track I was most surprised didn't get PS3 power. I thought it would be one of those here-to-stay tracks, but apparently not. Pretty sad not to see this track in the GT5. Maybe even a bit saddened not to see Test Course, unless Special Stage Route 7 is somehow the successor (or at least, I see it as one) to Test Course.

-> ...
To my absolute surprise, I was a bit stunned Mid-Field Raceway didn't return for GT5. That's the track I was most surprised didn't get PS3 power. I thought it would be one of those here-to-stay tracks, but apparently not. Pretty sad not to see this track in the GT5.
^ How would I feel about Seattle, Apricot Hill, & Tahiti Maze? Not to mention the bastardization of SSR5 and CSR5! :grumpy: :mad:

Maybe even a bit saddened not to see Test Course, unless Special Stage Route 7 is somehow the successor (or at least, I see it as one) to Test Course.
^ I replied to you on the SSR7 thread earlier:

-> Um, I might tend to disagree with you on that one. Sure the Test Course '90s that inspired the JARI Test Track was as wide as SSR7/Highway 7, but its no way it can replace Driving Park Test Course for its top speed consistency. I we need a true top speed course we should get the Ehra-Lessien track instead.

;)

Very want Back in Driving Park: Test Course !!!
^ The Driving Park: Test Course was a bit boring in my opinion. Personally, I'd rather take the Test Course '90s all day!

Test Course '90s [GT1/GT2]

(The song on this vid is BUMPIN'!!!)

^ HSR '90s also have that banking too, although weaksauce compared to Test Course '90s. :lol:

Citta del Arta the Italian walled town in GT4 was one of my favourites (hasn't had enough love in this thread IMHO!) - haring up and down the cobbled streets and through arches and blind curves. Useless for overtaking but great fun all the same!

-> ...
What was the point of this post? Just to rub it in? We know what's missing.
^ You're obviously late replying here after many users have replied that they don't even know some of the old tracks that went missing. If you don't like the idea of the thread, then don't reply at all. :indiff:

One of my favorite tracks was Midfield Raceway. That was such a good track, I loved it. We need to bring back the test course, too. SSR7 is a little to curvy to get your top speed on.

The Vanishing Boy
-> ...

Here is Classic Game Room HD review of RRVS
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfpE0Npyt5o">YouTube Link</a>

Iiss those CGR HD videos... He REALLY knows what he's talkinh about and what he's doing... Hopefully a part 6 is coming soon... He has SOO much to cover since the 5th

-> I just realized that there was another track missing in GT5! But to my shock, its one of the newest and one of the shortest-lived tracks in GT's history!

Piazza Del Campo
explore_kotaku_videos_191_02.jpg

[GT5 (demo)]

:scared:

-> I just need a proper track map of this course. If not, I'll post it as it is. :)

Wouldnt it be so much easier for pd, to make a better track editor, so we could make the tracks ourselves, and for that matter any track in real life.

^ It would be a good idea. However, it would take too much disc space for the proper game itself. PD would resort a separate CD just for track creating. PLUS not everyone is a Course Creationist. :indiff:

-> I would think its PD's own fault for leaving each of these tracks behind like that, these tracks left out with good memories attached to them! :(

^ Um, which specific why?

- Why I created it / a separate thread?
- Why it got locked ASAP?

:confused:

shoot I forgot what midfield raceway looked like so I went on youtube.. I miss this track!! I loved it back when I had GT3 A-spec hopefully it will come with a DLC as it would be a shame if it's not.

Latest Posts

Back