GT6 2016-17 STORAGETRUNKS GT500 SERIES - SPEC BY GTForum.eu - Monday Nights 18:30UKFinished 

No guarantee that I'll make it as the brake pedal is about to give way for good and making up bits now isn't worth as it's knackered, but got the best of ten years from two DFGTs mixing bits and pieces though.

Ordered a T300RS GT edition today - what swayed me was that the pedal base is apparently stiffer than the non-GT version and it comes with a rubber cone that you can add for the brake pedal.
Same here!:P, 2 DFGT that i've switched parts between back and forth (both still working) although I only have 6 years on the oldest one and 4 years on the "newer" one.

Bought a T300RS with ferrari 599XX rim and T3PA pedals (wich is the same you have ordered) :P
Dont worryabout the pedals, the T3PA pedals are pretty good! :)

Small race report because why not, I matched last seasons Q time with 20 bhp less so happy regardless. I was also not a million miles off a (non drafting) fastest lap, where did that come from?? Although I guess I was pushing like a lunatic trying to keep @TRL_Andromeda outwith drafting so that has a lot (well, everything) to do with it, and as my tyres / concentration faded due to pushing hard for too long, I was caught.

But mainly I want to say, for having not seen you @Jfrod , and forgetting my 13s delay as I spun coming out of the last corner (damn, I had 8th) we were actually really really close come the final lap, lol, so good race! :cheers:

I don't think there were any DCs, nonetheless hopefully the servers / my connection will be better next week 👍

When does the new wheel arrive @mirial ?

The system says (Amazon) no later than Monday, although there is no despatch confirmation yet....
If a policeman stops you this week for speeding, it would be quite funny if he asked you "Where do you think you are, Brands Hatch?"

@TRL_Andromeda DFGT was a good wheel for the money, although I always thought Logitech didn't really care too much about taking their wheels to the next level.....or maybe there just aren't the numbers out there to care enough about the finer details that make the difference.

Is the brake operation with short travel more precise than the DFGT? I assume it is if they took the time and trouble to include an optional brake mod.

Is the brake operation with short travel more precise than the DFGT? I assume it is if they took the time and trouble to include an optional brake mod.
Yes, the T300 have a 10bit integer, where's the DFGT (and all other Logitech pedals) use a 8 bit integer.
I doubt this maks a huge difference tho, sure the resoution is 4 times as good, but I'n not sure the game can model that much variables anyway, and you certainly cant do it with your foot (my opinion, some say they can)
The difference is in the linearity, the thrustmaster is more "progressive". DFGT is ridiculously linear in its output. :/
I've never driven with the brake mod. unless you drive with ABS off, I cant see how it would be beneficial for laptimes.

Oh, and if you're wondering:
8 bit is 2^8 = 256
10 bit is 2^10 = 1024

And the really interesting thing with all this (atleast I find it very interesting:P) is that the system itself (PS3) is a 32bit system, wich for reasons I'm not sure of only uses 31bits
2^31 = 2147483848
Almost all numbers on display is an integer number, so this is the maximum value it can ever display or support. GT6 has a credit cap at 50 000 000, but if it did'nt, this would be the maximum credits you would be able to have. If you remember early on when GT6 was new people glitched it and this is the number of credits they got, because the glitch made the merc VGT resell for infinite credits, but it can only hold 2147483847 credits. (remember 0 is also a number)

if you glitch the cars this is also the maximum speed you can reach,maximum bhp, maximum weight etc. its the maximum number a 32bit system can handle. :)

Last edited:
Yes, the T300 have a 10bit integer, where's the DFGT (and all other Logitech pedals) use a 8 bit integer.
I doubt this maks a huge difference tho, sure the resoution is 4 times as good, but I'n not sure the game can model that much variables anyway, and you certainly cant do it with your foot (my opinion, some say they can)
The difference is in the linearity, the thrustmaster is more "progressive". DFGT is ridiculously linear in its output. :/
I've never driven with the brake mod. unless you drive with ABS off, I cant see how it would be beneficial for laptimes.

Oh, and if you're wondering:
8 bit is 2^8 = 256
10 bit is 2^10 = 1024

I really like my T300RS. I was driving Project Cars last night and managed to place 6th or higher in several races, took 1st place once when the two leaders decided to wreck each other on the 2nd to last lap :lol:
I'm going to upgrade my peddles to the T3PA ones. I was also thinking about getting a PS3 again just to race with you guys. I miss it in here :cheers:

Thanks for that - will be interesting to see :)

Are pots used or something more durable to convert the movement into a signal?

The difference is in the linearity, the thrustmaster is more "progressive". DFGT is ridiculously linear in its output.

Hope that doesn't include the steering? :nervous: :) Electric power steering on road cars is just dreadful, so don't need it here as well!

Last edited:
Thanks for that - will be interesting to see :)

Are pots used or something more durable to convert the movement into a signal?

Hope that doesn't include the steering? :nervous: :) Electric power steering on road cars is just dreadful, so don't need it here as well!
The steering is ofcourse linear, it only goes for the pedals, and mainly the brake pedal.

I took one apart coupe of years ago, so I should know lol, but I cant remember. I THINK there was pots, but I could be wrong. And there could be differences between manufacturers too...

Got the wheel mid-day and spent the entire afternoon drilling and fitting everything 100% only to find the power lead is a continental one even though it is 240V. I overlooked this seeing the price on Amazon listed as the same discount price as the site itself.....had it been listed in Euros I would have twigged on. Looks like I'll have to return it as the socket on the wheel requires four pins so any attempt to use an adaptor would void warranty if anything goes wrong in the near future.....so looks like I won't be joining yous again this Monday.

Thats very unfortunate @mirial. Will you get the wheel running by Spa?

Looks like a very small grid this week..:indiff:

The site has been down since last night so can't contact them. I'm assuming the worst will be that it will have to be sent back so I won't receive the correct one until well into next week,....so I might as well take the time now and try and mend the old pedal today.

Edit: Looks like this has been a problem with quite a few UK users in the past where apparently TM send you a UK mains lead free of charge (contradicts what I said about the 4-pin socket on the unit itself). While it would be fine to use a shaver adaptor to get it going, it isn't worth it as TM according to users, tell you not to use an adaptor.....presumeably because they have no control. It would be an excuse to void the warranty even if something unrelated failed up until it gets resolved by them.

Last edited:
The site has been down since last night so can't contact them. I'm assuming the worst will be that it will have to be sent back so I won't receive the correct one until well into next week,....so I might as well take the time now and try and mend the old pedal today.

Edit: Looks like this has been a problem with quite a few UK users in the past where apparently TM send you a UK mains lead free of charge (contradicts what I said about the 4-pin socket on the unit itself). While it would be fine to use a shaver adaptor to get it going, it isn't worth it as TM according to users, tell you not to use an adaptor.....presumeably because they have no control. It would be an excuse to void the warranty even if something unrelated failed up until it gets resolved by them.
Mine also has a 4-pin on the unit itself, but the other end is un-earthed, so basically just running on 2-pins.
I can understand 3-pins (one for earth) but why does it have 4 pins? 3-phase support?
Either way, I'm sure its fine using an adapter, if they can provide me an unearthed cord, and still provide full warranty, I see no reason why they would not accept you using an adapter.
The thing where they tell you not to use an adapter is probaly because there are countries that have another mains voltage and frequency output that could possibly damage the unit.
We got 230V at 50Hz, I believe UK is the same, so no issues, just slap on an adapter and you're fine.
The US on the other hand uses 120V at 60Hz, and will need a different transformator to run properly...

Back