GT6 "content" unlocked @ 5 million views.

Basically, we're going to miss out on content because SONY hired a lousy outfit to make a lousy commercial. Let's be real, that ad is LAME.

Like I said earlier it's just boring and forgettable. I've watched it a few times and I couldn't tell you what the guy is waffling on about or what the general point is.

Viral videos need to be short and snappy or have something to make you keep watching if it's longer. This has neither. I doubt anyone is going to get 30 seconds in and get the feeling they can't wait to see the climax to the ad.

I think they'll show us the content before the release date of GT6 (if we don't reach 5 MILLION first). I mean, why would they hide anything after release? I doubt they're that strict about the views. This whole campaign is basically for the PS4.

Last edited:
Yeah, were probably not getting to 5 milli soon. Anyways, I bet the content is something we've seen before.

I think they'll show us the content before the release date of GT6 (if we don't reach 5 MILLION first). I mean, why would they hide anything after release? I doubt they're that strict about the views. This whole campaign is basically for the PS4.
There is Last Of Us content still to be unlocked at 1m views I think.

And to think that they actually expected it to get 10 million views! Poor Assassin's Creed fans... small in number though they may be.

The ad is different, and I like that they brought alot of characters to life and its better than alot of the commercials on tv now,but ads in general tend to suck, so yea.. We wont reach 5 million.I mean maybe if Sony or PD made it known we would get news after a certain amount of views, we might have a chance, but I wouldnt have even watched that video if it wasnt for the article on the front page

It looks like we've hit the million mark :)

1/5 to glory!

...at which point the exclusive 'The Last Of Us' content is unlocked and it is......an exclusive wallpaper. :rolleyes:

On that basis don't expect anything interesting or 'new' on the GT6 content.

...at which point the exclusive 'The Last Of Us' content is unlocked and it is......an exclusive wallpaper. :rolleyes:

Hopefully the view count correlates with the sort of exclusive content they show!

Hmm, 5x better than an exclusive wallpaper. Five exclusive wallpapers!

Seriously though if it's anything more than throwaway little items like wallpapers, themes etc I'd be amazed.

I think we'll never hit the 5 million mark in time for GT6, never.

I say make a playlist of the video 100 times in a row and put it on continuous play XD
Or you write a script and let your computer play the video a couple hundred times per day.

Or you write a script and let your computer play the video a couple hundred times per day.

And if you work at a place with a lot of computers, like a nuclear powerplant or an attack submarine, program all the computers to play the video continously in a couple of hundred tabs at the same time.

What could possibly go wrong? ;)

And if you work at a place with a lot of computers, like a nuclear powerplant or an attack submarine, program all the computers to play the video continously in a couple of hundred tabs at the same time.

What could possibly go wrong? ;)
Youtube goes down, that could happen.

Youtube goes down, that could happen.

Acceptable losses.

If anyone Anonymous reads this, here is your perfect opportunity to compensate us for that time when you killed PSN for about a month. If you've got the power to launch massive denial of service attacks, I'm sure you have the power to play a youtube video many many many MANY times at once.

Thank you.

Edit: Never mind, they would probably just let the number reach 4,9 million views, then hack the video and reset the viewings to zero - all for the lols.

Yes, but the Last of Us has already been out, hence the low number of required views. GT6 should at least be....maybe a trailer or a free DLC car.

But yea, I probably wouldn't get too hyped.

Youtube check very hard for automated views/bots. Anyway like I said its bound to be disappointing based on the other stuff available. If you're expecting something new about the game to be revealed you're going to be disappointed.

Back