GT6 Duel of the Week 2 - The Last Lap

GT3 vs What???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd probably choose one of the Mid Engined car as the best,,
... so one of the Audi's. Ultra or Basic? No idea... (I am tight-fisted, so I've only driven the cheap as chips 400,000 Ultra...

1,575,000 - I better be able to paint one of these.

It is tougher-er to pick a winner from a cluster of cars - It would have been a slamdunk... (Hold on Ryk, Basketball is all about those long range 3 pointers now - a slam dunk is chump change scoring.) - But I can't paint any of the R8's Dark Green...

But the R8 (Basic expensive unpaintable one) is much more fun to drive than the other car I've trialled The Nismo GT-R GT3 by Nissan - which was more better than a 4WD car, but dumpy and plodding in terms of handling, even if it has more Aero ability.

The Beemers are all out as they are dull front engined cars that you can't dip into a vat of British Racing Green.

The Benz is still in... but it will have to drive like a daemon as it looks like a Bosch painting as it is.

The Vette? Well you can sort of repaint some of it... It is nicer on the eyes that the Benz, but I can't see it being corner friendly.

SO a four way fight with two R8's and the SLS and the Kentucky Mucky Wookie.

But one of the R8's will win. I guess.

Alrighy, thank you to everyone who participated in our DTM race at Trial Mountain, @Vic Reign93 is the winner of our trial and will be deciding the next bonus stage.

Also, are we getting any GT3 writeups at all? I'd like to be able to count some votes tomorrow.

Lastly, I have reviewed the footage from @Baron Blitz Red's crash. In one of the corners in the middle of the lap in Trial Mountain, Vic, Baron and I were coming into the corner. Baron took a wide outside line, while I followed Vic into the corner almost bumper to bumper. A bit before halfway through the corner, Vic hits the brakes hard and I have no time to react as I am bumper to bumper with him. I hit Vic's left-rear wheel and send him into a slide towards the outside of the corner where Baron was. Vic collides with Baron, taking him out.

See, simple racing mistake, no one was out to get anyone there, just an honest mistake in an otherwise squeaky-clean race.
I had a lot of fun last night. There was a lot of close racing and the competition was pretty well balanced. Hopefully I can join you guys again :cheers:

So @MrWaflz55 I've decided on the next bonus round theme, The Rally Monsters.

The premise? All the balls to the wall monsters from the 80's through to some of the GT Originals of the present, all fighting it out on the loose terrain of Toscana, Eiger and Chamonix.

The track we'll be running is Toscana.

Now the COTW guys know I've got quite the pace on loose terrain so as a handicap I've gone with the tamer version of the two Group B Peugeot 205 Rally cars.

Packing 361hp in a 940kg body with a PP rating of 512, You guys will have few good choices with much more PP like the Audi S1 Rally Car, the Lancia Delta S4 and the Evo version of my car. ;)

The time I've put down is a 1:45.138 and anything that's sets a time that's within a second of my time faster or slower will be eligible for this battle.

Oh and before I forget... :D

IMG_0151.JPG

I'm not one to say "I called it!" buuuttt...

I totally freaking called it.
Yea, well, I had the preliminary round wrapped up. Then the powers-that-be a.k.a "dear leader" decided we needed a balance of performance. I added too much weight and had some bad luck and hero to zero came on the first lap. Oh well. It was great evening anyway.

Speaking of balance of power, I'm in second place in the GT3 TT by a 10th with the Corvette Z06 LM race car. I've found to to be absolutely marvelous, but packing over 600pp right from the dealership, it way outclasses the others contenders. I reduced the PP to equal the Z4 @Baron Blitz Red Blitz Red is running in order to make it more even, since at 616PP its an easy couple seconds faster.

One of our events last night was a GT3 event at Suzuka with 20% "ghost rain" and tuning allowed up to 600pp. My Vette cleared the field easily, and it sure wasn't because I'm a great driver.

Speaking of balance of power, I'm in second place in the GT3 TT by a 10th with the Corvette Z06 LM race car. I've found to to be absolutely marvelous, but packing over 600pp right from the dealership, it way outclasses the others contenders. I reduced the PP to equal the Z4 @Baron Blitz Red Blitz Red is running in order to make it more even, since at 616PP its an easy couple seconds faster.

I wonder if it is because the Vette isn't a GT3 class car at all, as it's actually a PD original, just like the ZR1. PD changed from calling their versions of race cars from what used to be known as RM (Racing Modification) to LM quite some time ago. Reading the Car Info ticker tape at the bottom of the screen confirms it by saying "thanks to tuning by Gran Turismo".

Not even the C5R qualifies as a GT3 class car, as it and the GTS-R's by SRT (Dodge) were the old GTS class running in the ALMS... closest comparable class for those cars was actually GT2 according to my research. Nowadays the GTS class includes cars like the Mustang, Camaro, Audi TT etc.

Thanks BTW @Draggon for lowering the PP on your entry... it did certainly make things close!

EDIT: even though I've tried the other true GT3 class cars, and admitting that my former infatuation lied with the R8, I still truly enjoy the Z4 way too much to give up on her. It works well either stock or tuned, and therefore gets my vote every time. Winner by experience, the Z4!!!

Cheers

Last edited:
Alrighty, so it's no secret that GT3 is my favourite class of racing cars. Take the latest supercars, throw a huge rear wing and some nice grippy rubber on the car, and you're already halfway there! And while I was hoping to go in depth on all the cars, I'll narrow it down to my top 3...

#3- Nissan GT-R GT3!!!!
Gran Turismo Arena (Layout A)_4.jpg

Now @Draggon, the cheeky bugger he is, called it. Of course this thing was gonna be in my top 3. But the thing is, it's my least favourite of the three. When I first got GT6, I ended up with a substantial amount of credits courtesy of the Ayrton Senna tribute events, and this machine was bought only minutes later. I had high hopes for it, but was let down somewhat. I found it really stiff and reluctant to turn, and the top end performance isn't as great as you'd expect. Even swapping out the suspension and trying a few different things didn't really help the driving feel, and that's why it's only third on my list. It's still capable of lap times worthy of a respectable nod, but in my hands it won't break any records.

#2- Audi R8 LMS Ultra
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_8.jpg

For a long time, I've loved the sound of the R8 LMS. I couldn't get one in GT5, but when I realised that the Ultra was majorly cheaper than the regular LMS, and detailed too, well that sold it. I chose the non-liveried version because I was under the impression I could paint it... I was severely misled. But no matter, when you're turning lap after lap around Bathurst, it doesn't matter what colour your car is! This is a car I could drive nonstop for a long time. Great, smooth ride, energetic acceleration, and strong performance on a variety of tracks, from tight and technical to faster and more flowing. And that glorious sound, only made better with a gaming headset!

#1- Mercedes SLS GT3
Silverstone_ Stowe Circuit.jpg

Surprised? Yeah, so was I. It has the same engine sound as the Aston V12 Vantage did back in GT5, and it sounds so much more fitting on this car. Admittedly, the picture is a bit misleading. 99.9999999999999997% of my mileage in an SLS GT3 has been in the anniversary edition. And I love it. It's got the looks, it's got the sound, and it's the best feeling in my hands. Like the R8, I could peddle this thing quite happily around a track for quite a while. The only thing that keeps me from using it more is that I won't be able to purchase a new Anniversary edition once it begins to wear down to unrepairable levels, and the normal variant just doesn't have the same feeling to it... First world problems, am I right?

Rightio, so there's my top 3. I'll try and log some TT times later on, especially since I sorta kinda like Deep Forest... A lot!

Now @Draggon, the cheeky bugger he is, called it.
#1- Mercedes SLS GT3 The only thing that keeps me from using it more is that I won't be able to purchase a new Anniversary edition once it begins to wear down to unrepairable levels, and the normal variant just doesn't have the same feeling to it...

"Cheeky Buzzard"? I might be old, but I'm not a buzzard. O, wait, you said bugger....anyway, so what you're saying is that the anniversary Merc is better? I'm going to have to investigate that. I used it on the GT3 series once, then put it away.

Last edited:
gt3winnah2.jpg

I tried - I really did, but in the dark there was only one winner.

gt3winnah.jpg

Spa-Francorchamps, in the Distance, Yesterday.​

The Audi R8 GT3 - The 45/55 weight distribution made the car fun in the turns, and the others that I drove didn't. And if I closed my eyes, I could pretend it was a Lamborghini Gallardo - I've now run out of cash buying up Audi R8's.

A Win for Baden-Württemberg, Neckarsulm, Audi and the R8 LMS

Certainly you've all been waiting for the Fearless Leader's choice, have you?

IMG_2178.JPG

That's right! It's @Ridox2JZGTE's Ferrari 458 Italia GTE tune!

It's like taking my favourite road car and slapping a giant wing on the back of it, making it my favourite racing car!

It's got 570pp, 1247kg, 42/48 Weight Distribution, 543hp and 406.5 ft-lb of Torque!

I raced @Draggon and his Mercedes Pepto-Bismol express with it during our last bonus stage night!

Andalusia_1.jpg

It's just as fast as a regular GT3 racer, with great handling and amazing looks!

It's almost like it's just another GT3 car!

...wait, what do you mean I'm not allowed this?

Okay, so this was quite the open-ended duel last week. You were allowed to pick from a variety of Supercars to test and record laptimes with. I hope you all enjoyed examining the entirety of the GT3 class we have in-game (including the Z06 LM and M3 GT2).

I personally prefer running the 458 GT3 replica from above when I race with GT3 cars (even online). BUT, I do prefer the Audi R8 LMS Ultra (team Phoenix) when I'm forced to use an actual racing car. I prefer the Audi because of the iconic R8 V10 exhaust note, the similarity to the FEISAR colour scheme from WipEout games, the mid-engine layout and the excellent handling. It's also interesting when a 4WD car is converted to MR for racing purposes. It offers a unique driving experience.

Andalusia_5.jpg

So umm... My vote goes to the 458 Italia? Must be some GT Sport Beta romance with the actual car, but I really like this tune that @Ridox2JZGTE has created, so I'd actually not choose any default GT3 car if I had the choice.

It's my thread, if you have a problem with my vote, race me. Actually, some of you already did.

Alright, what did you guys enjoy?

I'll pick the Corvette.

Ryk
But one of the R8's will win. I guess.

I like the Vette the best by far. It does turn, and is faster than it should be. 👍

Winner by experience, the Z4!!!

Surprised? Yeah, so was I. It has the same engine sound as the Aston V12 Vantage did back in GT5, and it sounds so much more fitting on this car. Admittedly, the picture is a bit misleading. 99.9999999999999997% of my mileage in an SLS GT3 has been in the anniversary edition

That's 2 for the Corvette I see.

Suzuka Circuit 2014_1.jpg

So, the winner of this week is the...

Corvette Z06 LM Race Car / C6.R!!!

Also, we had an amazing time trial this week, with @Draggon and his Corvette being beat out of first place by only a 0.122s difference by @Baron Blitz Red with his proper German Z4 GT3.
This week saw the sudden return of @Cowboy from a long absence. He's the Audi R8 LMS in the picture above. Not bad racing for someone as rusty as him. Coming up soon is an entirely new duel. Stay tuned!​

Last edited:
GT6 Duel of the Week #100: ///M-Pressive!

Puns aside, here are two popular road cars from a very popular German brand in GT6. Following the footsteps of classic ///M motorsports activities, these Bavarian Bruisers look to bring some excitement of the tracks to public roads. You may have seen one of these two cars tailgating you at some point in time.

One of these cars has been tuned up by Polyphony for use against it's newer stablemate. With the added performance, this should make for a more even duel. Once locked away in GT5's code through DLC, this Chrome Line coupe has been brought to us in GT6 through the inclusion of all of GT5's content.

this week it's the...

5211575031_1bbb865b1a_b.jpg

BMW M3 Coupe (Chrome Line)

against it's replacement...

2016-bmw-m4-competition-pack-10.jpg

...the BMW M4 Coupe

So, the trial this week will be held at Grand Valley Speedway, a classic GT original track and a great place to test sports cars like these. Long stretches for top speed and tight hairpins for testing handling. ///M cars have a history of tail sliding, so watch out!

See you all later, when I get done the write-up of last weekend's bonus stage.​

Certainly you've all been waiting for the Fearless Leader's choice, have you?

View attachment 648729

That's right! It's @Ridox2JZGTE's Ferrari 458 Italia GTE tune!

It's like taking my favourite road car and slapping a giant wing on the back of it, making it my favourite racing car!

It's got 570pp, 1247kg, 42/48 Weight Distribution, 543hp and 406.5 ft-lb of Torque!

I raced @Draggon and his Mercedes Pepto-Bismol express with it during our last bonus stage night!

View attachment 648755

It's just as fast as a regular GT3 racer, with great handling and amazing looks!

It's almost like it's just another GT3 car!

...wait, what do you mean I'm not allowed this?

Wow, thank you for the honor :P Never thought the car is still being used :) Did you use the tune from the Tuning Database
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/reso...model-09-570pp-sports-soft-to-racing-hard.57/ ?

Anyway, the 458 GT3 replica lack downforce of proper GT3 race car, so depending on the track, it may be hard to keep up with other GT3 cars without some power boost helping. For example, my test lap times at Deep Forest, the R8 LMS and SLS AMG capable of 1:13s on RH tire, while 458 GT3 is a bit slower by about half a second ( some changes have to be made like zero rear toe, lower LSD accel/decel at 28, higher brake balance at 6/7 to close the gap ), of course lower camber, further damper fine tuning, and Rosso Corsa would make if even faster :) It's more raw, edgy and overall more nimble than other GT3 race cars. If you read the notes on the setup I linked above, you can see the real 458 GT3 spring rate options, you can use that in GTS Beta along with the whole replica setup, see how it does :)

Wow, thank you for the honor :P Never thought the car is still being used :) Did you use the tune from the Tuning Database
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/reso...model-09-570pp-sports-soft-to-racing-hard.57/ ?

Anyway, the 458 GT3 replica lack downforce of proper GT3 race car, so depending on the track, it may be hard to keep up with other GT3 cars without some power boost helping. For example, my test lap times at Deep Forest, the R8 LMS and SLS AMG capable of 1:13s on RH tire, while 458 GT3 is a bit slower by about half a second ( some changes have to be made like zero rear toe, lower LSD accel/decel at 28, higher brake balance at 6/7 to close the gap ), of course lower camber, further damper fine tuning, and Rosso Corsa would make if even faster :) It's more raw, edgy and overall more nimble than other GT3 race cars. If you read the notes on the setup I linked above, you can see the real 458 GT3 spring rate options, you can use that in GTS Beta along with the whole replica setup, see how it does :)

Yes, the tune I used was from the database. I tweaked the power a bit during the race between @Draggon and @Vic Reign93 to balance it a bit more.

For the next week, week 101, I'll be pitting two of your tunes head-to-head. This isn't something I just thought of now, it's something I've actually had in mind since becoming the host of this thread. :P It's just that last week I had the opportunity to use the 458 GT3 against some actual GT3 cars, so I went for it. (BTW I came in 2nd out of 3)

As for using the spring setups in GT Sport, I actually haven't tuned a single car in the Beta yet, so I'll give that a try for sure.

Yes, the tune I used was from the database. I tweaked the power a bit during the race between @Draggon and @Vic Reign93 to balance it a bit more.

For the next week, week 101, I'll be pitting two of your tunes head-to-head. This isn't something I just thought of now, it's something I've actually had in mind since becoming the host of this thread. :P It's just that last week I had the opportunity to use the 458 GT3 against some actual GT3 cars, so I went for it. (BTW I came in 2nd out of 3)

As for using the spring setups in GT Sport, I actually haven't tuned a single car in the Beta yet, so I'll give that a try for sure.

:embarrassed: I hope those 2 tunes won't cause troubles as some of my replicas are demanding and wild to drive. I should make correction about the 458 GT3 potential on twisty tracks, the lap times at Deep Forest I talked bout and the changes were from old notes I have. I just found the revision notes, and it actually only 1 tenth slower than SLS AMG GT3 and faster than R8 LMS Ultra ( Phoenix ) at Deep Forest with 1:13.3xx time. The revision for Deep Forest was specific changes for bumpy track with high elevation changes, softer ARB, different damper, higher ride height, slightly higher rear spring rate, higher camber, zero toe, 6/6 brake balance, and still with base 28/45/45 LSD. I still can't believe how much grip it has on RH, race car like :P Please leave a rating on the setup database if you haven't already 👍

BMW vs BMW. Old model with some extra tweaks and the brand spanking new model... that's now approaching four years old. Anyhow, interesting concept for a duel, plenty of time to jump right in and hammer these two around Grand Valley East for a while.

Grand Valley East Trial:
M3 CL - 1:11.794
M4 - 1:10.447

In this particular duel, new triumphs over old, though granted, the M3 is easier to drive. The M4 feels bigger, heavier, and more understeery, but the power on the straights tends to make up for it. I wouldn't be inclined to take either of these two out for a drive without a purpose, but I imagine that in the long run, the power of the M4 would be the best overall. Enough time and distance, and you'll eventually get used to the heavy nature of the car.

EDIT: So which one of you guys goes by "chill-audette" on PSN? I was fully expecting @Baron Blitz Red and @Draggon to trounce me, but jesus, this guy destroyed all three of us. 1:05.613 in the M4 and 1:07.459 in the M3.

Just checked the regulations, they allow as high as Racing Hards. Kinda wondering if that's why he's so fast.

Last edited:
So which one of you guys goes by "chill-audette" on PSN? I was fully expecting @Baron Blitz Red and @Draggon to trounce me, but jesus, this guy destroyed all three of us. 1:05.613 in the M4 and 1:07.459 in the M3.

Just checked the regulations, they allow as high as Racing Hards. Kinda wondering if that's why he's so fast.

I have Chill on my friends list, and he is a quick Canuck, but you nailed it @ThrasherDBS... just like the other duel when BenM was on top for times, the regs allowed for way better tyres than what we have agreed in-house to use. Not everybody knows about that agreement here on the planet.

Cheers.

I just looked at the event, and GTP_Cowboy is right with us on times so I expect he's on SH too. Hey @MrWaflz55 , how do you want to handle this?

From next week on, all duel of the week time trails will be sports hard tires or less. Unless racing cars are used, in which the tires will be racing hard or less.

Any cars running racing hards this week will not be counted in the final results.

Bavarian Beer Hall Putch

So back to Munich and we have the battle on the streets

M3 or M4?
The eternal question
One is the Racing suspension, Trick Exhaust Pipes, Bolt on/no effect Rear wing "Eye Infection Orange" painted car with the chrome racing stripes
The other is the latest M car no bells no whistles (Though it does have a horn unlike the M3...)

*** Round 1 *** Price ***

M3 - 106,000 kazula
M4 - 120,000 kazula

First round to the M3, with a hefty saving compared to the flashy new blood.

M3.. (10) --- M4.. (8)​

*** Round 2 *** Powah ***

M3 - 439bhp
M4 - 425bhp

A second consecutive round to the M3, with a mighty fourteen more horses ready to be unleashed at its peak.

M3.. 10(20) --- M4.. 9(17)​

*** Round 3 *** Displacement ***

M3 - 3998cc
M4 - 2979cc

Three straight rounds to the wily old M3 with the considerably larger engine.

M3.. 10(30) - M4.. 9(26)​

*** Round 4 *** Cylinders ***

M3 - Vee - Eight
M4 - Straight Six

Six is good, but Eight is great. Acht Ung baby!

M3.. 10(40) --- M4.. 9(35)​

*** Round 5 *** Max Revs ***

M3 - 8500rpm
M4 - 7600rpm

Another round to the M3 who is picking the young upstart apart with ruthlessly chosen rounds that favour its strengths... (cough cough)

M3.. 10(50) --- M4.. 9(44)​

*** Round 6 *** Torque ***

M3 - 40.7 Efficient Metric Torques
M4 - 56.1 Efficient Metric Torques

Fight back from the challenger with a huge body blow in the sixth round. A powerful punch low down in the rev band puts the M3 down to the Canvas... But the M3 gets back to its feet. The fight is still on!

M3.. 8(58) --- M4.. 10(54)​

*** Round 7 *** Paint Chips ***

M3 - 1
M4 - 8

The M3 has a powerful memorable colour - Eye infection Orange. But the M4 has 8 chips peppering the M3's lack of diversity in its optical assault. Flash showboating and a stunning bolo punch, gives the round to the M4.

M3.. 8(66) --- M4.. 10(64)​

*** Round 8 *** Weight ***

M3 - 1626kg
M4 - 1497kg

The M3 is carrying a lot of weight, and now in the later rounds that weight is hurting the Cardio as the M3 is gassing out. Another round to the M4 due to its svelte weight.

M3.. 9(75) --- M4.. 10(74)​

*** Round 9 *** Max Speed ***

M3 - 188mph
M4 - 205mph

The M3's short punchy gearbox gives it a big advantage on the track but the M4 has a long ranging Jab that lets it maintain a distance over the M3 dictating the fight.

M3.. 8(83) --- M4.. 10(84)​

*** Round 10 *** Track Test - Cape Ring South ***

M3 - 1m26.2
M4 - 1m23.1

Crushing final round,the M4 was behind and out of the bout after 5 rounds but fought back round after round and the final round was not a slug fest but a demolition job by the M4, leaving the M3 a broken down car leaking fliuds all over the pitlane as mechanics desperatly try to patch up the damage inflicted by the winner. The BMW M4 Coupe.

BMW M3 --- BMW M4
8(91) --- 10(94)

...​

The M4 looks better, has less "I: Race driver" gimmicks. The M4 handles better, goes faster, Sounds better, has more paint options from subtle to bonkers. It is lighter than the M3, you can brag that it has less peak power than the M3... but then grin when you see that thick beefy power band that puts out maximum power all along the rev range and the M4 has an avalanche of torque.

On track the M3 has a close gear box, but that also limits its overall top speed. The M4 despite, having 'statistically' less power and a larger frontal area mushes the M3 into the sand as it gets well over 200mph.

I also prefered the tail happy oversteer you can induce out of corners.

..........................Bonus round

m3 lee.jpg m4 sherman.jpg
(These pictures are reversed, the M3 had it's main gun on the right hand side of the Hull.)

M3 (Lee) vs M4 (Sherman)

*** World War Two Tank Bonus Round *** Number made ***

M3 - 6,258
M4 - 49,234
Win to the M4 Sherman

Extra bonus Round​

*** British Motorways Bonus Round *** Length ***

M3 - 59 miles
M4 - 189miles

severn-bridge-wales.jpg
M4 - Always a winner, yesterday.​

Last edited:
Cubes or Quads???

647JGmA.jpg

This week's duel had people testing their math skills... M to the power of 3 or to the power of 4? Which do you think has more??? Well, you don't have to be a genius to figure this one out, do ya? 💡

3VwLQ3q.jpg

I've never really been a big fan of the M3, but at least it's a 2 door coupe instead of a glorified taxi. Another good point for this model, is that it's paintable. Gone instantly was that ugly baby puke colour it had, to a model name inspired colour... like it said chrome line, so why not.

After that, it's all downhill from there where this duel was concerned. Shorter, fatter, heavier and no hamsters on steroids. Perfect if you're into BBW Hobbits. With the SH stock shoes it came with, it put out a 1:10.809 lap at GVE.

6twi9hR.jpg

To be honest, I'm not sure why I like the looks of the M4 better, but I do. Just something different about it. The big difference is that it has turbo power to help it out. It drives way better in my opinion, and when fully tuned, it makes Godzilla crawl into the closet, curled up in a fetal position trying not to cry too loudly in fear that the real monster will come and get it. There there little one...

In my hands at GVE, it got a modest 1:09.665 lap on SH rubbers. It also gets my vote this week... "Want more? Choose M4!"

Cheers

Gee, for me this is a much closer duel than you think. The M3 CL and M4 look pretty much the same as far as I'm concerned. They both have the nostrils and fender flares associated with BMW M models.

They both slide about the same, they both drive similar and one happens to be newer and a little faster. One second isn't enough to break a deal for me.

It's hard to tell who's hood bulge is bigger. Personally, it looks like the M3 CL, so I'll have to pick it.

Let's rally up the tallys!
BMW EmThree: 1
BMW EmFOAR: 3

The M4 couldn't even get 4 votes, so I'll take that as a loss.

The winner this week is the...

Austin-Yellow-BMW-M4-Build-With-A-Clean-Aftermarket-Look-6-750x500.jpg

...BMW M4!!!

Good job @Draggon for winning this week's M4 side, and @Baron Blitz Red for winning this week's M3 CL side!

Today I learned two things, 1: Telling AC fans to ease off on slamming GT Sport is a violation of the AUP and a very fast way to get banned. 2: Never allow racing hards in a Time Trial ever again. Unless "Chill-Audette" is eating Instant Alien noodles. I wouldn't mind going for some of those right now.

Write up for the last Bonus Stage is coming sometime in a Blue Moon, I'll get around to that this week, I promise. I've just been busy, but that'll end after Wednesday, so I can definitely do it then.

So, for now, I'm Waflz and I'm not banned, so I'll see you around this forum very soon for another duel!​

GT6 Duel of the Week #101: Two-Wheel Drive Tuners!

Here comes a suggestion straight from the mind of @Baron Blitz Red, this week we're jumping back in time to the Gran Turismos of not-so-old. GT4 to be precise. We have two vehicles with very similar performance points and specs. Let's see how they stack up in the real (digital) world off-paper!

Not to mention one's FF and the other's FR. This adds another layer of interest to this duel!

trial-celica-ss-ii-zzt231-03.jpg

It's the Trial Celica SS-II!

t_amuse_r1_titan.jpg

against the Amuse S2000 R1 Titan!

This is looking like another classic Japanese mashup. The Time Trial will be on my own little special circuit I have prepared for you! I actually stole it from @Cowboy's PSN account!

He might be familiar with it, but you won't. So get some practice laps in before starting your trial. Just a heads up, it is a glitch track so one corner is a little blind. Watch out for that one please.

Tires are restricted to SH from now on too, FYI. See you on the track!​

Last edited:
So we've got a tuner battle for today, and it's an FF and FR fare. Had this been on any old track, it would have just been a write-off for the Celica since I do better with FR cars than FF. Though @Mr Grumpy I gotta say, this track of yours was really fun. Partway through the trial, it became less of a question of what's the fastest time I can set on the track as a whole, but "how fast can I go through that first little complex and still stay on track the whole time?"

Highlands Park Trial:
Celica - 1:54.904
S2000 - 1:53.519

The S2000 did post the faster time, but seriously, that first complex sets the tone for the rest of the lap. If you can get it through fast without getting it into the grass or the guardrail, you were definitely on track for a good time. Failing this part of the track is too crucial to be made up on any of the other parts.

With the understeery nature of the Celica, it was especially vital to get this complex right. The conventional way of taking corners in a front-wheel drive sports car rely on early braking and turning in the same way you are taught in any given corner. For this complex, the fastest way to do so, ironically was to tackle it from a drifter's approach.

yYD9t5n.jpg

With a well-executed Scandinavian flick, the balance is upset in a way that will carry the car favorably around the corner and set up perfectly to power through the next one.

67gdnHi.jpg

As you can see from the lack of smoke on this shot, I didn't need to "drift" the car for a good set up. I still did a Scandinavian flick for a good initial setup, but the responsive S2000 tactfully had just enough understeer to keep it stable, but responsive enough to manipulate direction if need be. It cruised through the complex like a bullet.

I know that this is supposed to be a time trial type of group, but I think I'd be game for a drift trial one of these days perhaps with a pair that we've tested in the past how they drift on Comfort Hards and stock everything else. Just this one corner whet my appetite for this.

Winner is @Mr Grumpy for making such a fun course!

(...and the S2000 for being faster I guess.)

Really appreciate you fellas for the feedback & including my track's into your DotW :cheers:

Loving the fact that so many people enjoy the track's I create, makes it feel alot more worthwhile when I'm spending day's/week's creating them :)

However the real winner's here are the guys who created the tool's to allow me to do this (you know who you are) :bowdown:

Back