GT6 Easter Eggs and interesting finds

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by Roflwaffle, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Roflwaffle

Roflwaffle

If you've found any good Easter eggs in the game, then make sure to post it here!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  2. andy0a

andy0a

I don't know if its modeled in game as well but the real life copy of the Mercedes AMG VGT put in the X, O, square and triangle buttons in their headlights as a nod to PD and Gran Turismo. Kinda hard to see but they're on the inside edges of the headlight enclosure. Pretty cool I think.

_MG_0332-sm.jpg _MG_0339-sm.jpg

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  3. Xx_Xerneas_xX

Xx_Xerneas_xX

It's in the game, many pictures in the photo thread show the symbols in the VGT's headlights.

NW48, ProjectF and andy0a like this.
  4. Ferraridriver27

Ferraridriver27

Translator-San on the side of the Goodwood Hillclimb Track Goodwood Hillclimb.jpg
    Along with some other people, maybe those who took pictures to recreate the track in GT: Goodwood Hillclimb_1.jpg Goodwood Hillclimb_3.jpg

5. thesrdic

thesrdic

Not sure if this'd count, but the "Dedicated follower of fashion" trophy to me is a nod to the Kinks song of the same name.

gkgamer, LancerEvo7 and phil_75 like this.
  6. fortbo

fortbo

The song that played when you go to the garage in GT4 is in the music library, same with the song that played when you went to GT Auto in GT4.

7. LittlePaul78

LittlePaul78

Apart from a couple dozen GT5 songs in the mix, and 'Don't kick yourself' as you mentioned, there's also 'Be at home' from GT4, the song that always played when you entered your garage on GT4. Also, 'From The East to the West' sounds pretty familiar. Ah, the nostalgia.

8. Ryk

Ryk

I've seen tortoises near the lakeside on the inside of the chain link fence on this inside of the big long lefthanded sweeper at Apricot Hills.

I half expected to see a Rabbit (or Hare) having a picnic later in the same lap.

9. SuperShouden

SuperShouden (Banned)

I think the fact that all the premium Minis are JCWs is a bit of an Easter Egg since they're not labeled as such.

10. carfanatic45

carfanatic45

2nd to last corner on Willow Springs at the edge of the track. image.jpg

SVPSkins, gkgamer, Aaroh007 and 34 others like this.
  11. DingoDile

DingoDile

Yes its modeled! I took a shot 2,3 weeks ago:

[​IMG]

12. colj00

colj00

gran turismo has never been a easter egg rich game, all i can think of is the lochness monster and the monkey on trail mountain. but thats been there since GT3.

13. sid_chiclana

sid_chiclana

And don't forget the map of the Grand Valley Speedway half way thru the circuit on the right hand side billboards, which I believe has been there since GT3 :p

14. Normalaatsra

Normalaatsra

One can think of GT like that but it's quite an egg-filled series. It's not rampant say Guacamelee or GTA, where internet jokes had been shown in their respective series, but when you do find one in GT it becomes a "so awesome" asset in the series everyone is certain to remember it when they look back at GT Easter eggs.

In GT6 I just realized this (but maybe it was already in GT5), there are Alfa Romeo handbags placed in the rear boot compartment of the 8C Competizione, if memory serves me right they are a real life accessory one can attain if they purchase the 8C. Looks like the PD photographers thought it would be authentic to include the handbags as they are Alfa marked, and were modeled with it.

15. Grayfox

Grayfox

Is the O on the top of the headlight?

TheClarky, TheClarkyV2 and tyler5 like this.
  16. chicobo329

chicobo329

Generally the easter eggs in GT games come down to track details. Photo mode certainly helps in finding these things. The discovery of racing stripes added onto the many Miatas when painted can also be counted as such.

GregOr1971 and Normalaatsra like this.
  17. SuperShouden

SuperShouden (Banned)

Or...the...FTO STC's..."interior". Well, it's more detailed than the normal standard car. Definitely a bit of a surprise when to you see it. More of a "wait...what? What is this? They added the basic details of an interior for a car that's not even real?" Well, it was MOSTLY fake. It technically DOES have a real life counterpart, sort of.

[​IMG]

There are plenty of Easter Eggs in GT6. All of the semi-premiums are pretty much Easter Eggs. Especially cars like the Ford RS200 and some of the Subarus that have nearly crossed over from standard to premium.

18. Normalaatsra

Normalaatsra

Yeah, I think the racing stripes on the standard Mazda Roadster NA's are Easter eggs.

paoloevans likes this.
  19. Lawndart

Lawndart

Premium dogs?! They look much better than GT 5's dog...

20. carfanatic45

carfanatic45

They are actually 2D. So semi-premium dogs?

21. JohnScoonsBeard

JohnScoonsBeard

When I first saw that it looked like the dog on the left was..... ahem "marking it's territory".

22. GranTurismo916

GranTurismo916

There's a Marlboro add in Madrid. This was in GT5, not sure if it's in GT6.

23. Mercury1

Mercury1 Premium

Only started a couple of iterations ago, so can someone tell me where to look for the monkey on trial mountain and the Loch Ness monster that have both been mentioned please? Also, if you do free run and drive to the end of the first straight at Bathurst, you can drive around the barrier on to a service road. Do a u-turn and you will see some blue tyres stacked in a corner behind the barrier. Knock them over and receive the 'hidden gems' trophy - a genuine Easter egg. :)

24. JacoJa

JacoJa Premium

The Loch Ness is splashing about in the lake, hidden behind the hill on the final corner. It's difficult to see it while driving, so switch to photo mode. The monkey is sitting on top of the fallen tree (overhead of the track) in the middle of the rocky 'S' bends after the first tunnel. :tup:

hEDpH81 and synchromesh like this.
  25. Dean

Dean

Here's a video explaining how to find the Loch Ness:

And for the monkey, there's pictures available here. :)

26. Mercury1

Mercury1 Premium

Thank mate!!! Thats terrific! :tup::)

27. Panoz

Panoz Premium

Ronda.jpg

A small easter egg here, a Orient watch is next to the rear view monitor in the GT300 BRZ. (Orient is a sponsor on the Subaru.)

28. SVT Cobra GT

SVT Cobra GT

Where was this?

JEMcG likes this.
  29. Normalaatsra

Normalaatsra

Haha! It's just like the PS3 and TV set sitting behind the High End Performance G37! Great find.

SVPSkins and JoaoSilva like this.
  30. JEMcG

JEMcG (Banned)

Orient make great watches. They are part of the Seiko group but still make their watches independently. I've had 3 Orient watches.

austin4500 and CarloPlaya like this.