GT6 Endurance Series |2 Spots Left | Next Race 29/12/13 9:30 PM GMTOpen 

What weather changeability do the tracks need? (Vote for all tracks at once)

• Total voters

F1WORLDCHAMPION

(Banned)
Australia
Adelaide
F1WORLDCHAMPION
GT6 Endurance Series

A fun, short and exciting endurance series made to celebrate the release of the next chapter of Gran Turismo featuring races based of the most famous 'GT' car endurance races from around the world.

Rules

Cars
All cars participants use must be exact to the FIA GT3 specifications. Any other cars participants wish to use must be race cars that have been used in the real 2013 edition of at least one of the races. Those who wish to use these cars will need to provide me with proof of them participating as I honestly cannot be bothered searching around the internet. These other cars will need to be tuned up to FIA GT3 specifications so there will not need to be another class created. Drivers will need to team up and use the same livery. No two teams may use the same livery. No more than four drivers may use the same car.

Eligible Car List-
Nissan GT-R Nisimo GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13 (1 Spot Left)
Nissan GT-R Nisimo GT3 Base Model '13 (0 Spots Left)
Audi R8 LMS ultra (Audi Sport Team Phoenix) '12 (0 Spots Left)
Audi R8 LMS ultra '12 (0 Spots Left)
BMW Z4 GT3 '11 (0 Spots Left)
Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 '11 (0 Spots Left)
Audi R8 LMS- Team Oreca '10 (1 Spots Left)
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) LM (0 Spots Left)
Audi R8 LMS (Team Playstation) '09 (2 Spots Left)
Audi R8 LMS '09 (2 Spots Left)
Gillet Vertigo Race Car '04 (2 Spots Left)
Any other cars fitting the criteria may be used.

Tracks
All tracks will have Time/Weather variables enabled. The time will be matched to the start and finish times for each event. The speed of the time change will be set to x10 as the races will be 1/10th of their real counterpart. You will be able to decide the weather changeability by voting in the poll. Vote for what you think would be the most accurate for the climate that each track is in. The weather at the start of the race will be determined by the roll of two dice. 1-3 0%, 4-6 25%, 7-9 50%, 10-11 75% and 12 100%. The water on track will also be determined by the roll of two dice. 1-9 0%, 10 30%, 11 60% and 12 90%.

Tyres
There will be two dry tyre compounds available; medium and hard. There will be two wet tyre compounds available; intermediate and full wet. For 2.4 hour races each driver will be allocated four medium compound tyres, two hard compound tyres, three intermediate tyres and tree full wet tyres.

Qualifying Procedure (Bathurst and Spa)
Qualifying will begin 45 minutes after room opening with no exceptions. The qualifying session will basically be the same as the 'Top 10 Shootout' method the V8 Supercars use but with all 15 cars participating. I will use a random number generator to decide who will do their lap first according to order on the room list. The order will go down the list from the driver first selected. Each driver will be given one warm-up lap starting from the pits then when the reach the start/finish time they will begin their flying lap. When the driver on the flying lap passes the pit lane exit the next driver may begin their warm-up lap. When they have finished their flying lap they must complete a warm-down lap and return to pit lane. I will be watching all drivers complete their laps and if any driver exceeds the track limits and gains an advantage they will be excluded from qualifying results and will start at the back of the field.

Qualifying Procedure (Nurburgring)
Due to the extremely long time it takes to complete a lap of the Nurburgring the shootout format would not work. There will be a 40 minute qualifying session instead. This will be a simple qualifying session; the order of lap times will be the order of the field at the start of the race.

Race Procedure
The race will start 15 minutes after qualifying is completed. One warm up lap will be completed, the safety car will pull into pit lane then the leading driver may begin accelerating when they pass the start/finish line. The field will need to start in a tight double file formation at 62 mph/100 km/h with the driver on pole choosing which side the odd numbered positions will start. Each driver may take as many pitstops as they wish during the race but must be careful not to use up all their tyres as that will result in exclusion from the results. In the case of a major accident (four or more cars) on the first lap the race will be red flagged and restarted. If there is an accident and you think there is a need for a safety car say 'sc' in the chat. When the race is reviewed if the accident the driver called a safety car for seems to not be serious enough they will receive a penalty. During the lap/s the safety car is out safety car drivers must slow down and stay in a single file formation until the safety car returns to the pit lane. During the restart drivers must stay in single file at 62 mph/100 km/h until the lead driver begins to accelerate. In the case of delays due to wet weather, safety cars or any other apparent reason the race will be called off at the time limit
NOT the full race distance. The number of laps will be decided by the amount of times the average qualifying time could be completed in the time limit.

Championship
There will be three championships; the driver's, the team's and the constructors. The drivers championship will work as follows. For 1.2 hour races there will be 10 points for 1st position, 6 for 2nd, 4 for 3rd, 3 for 4th, 2 for 5th and 1 for 6th. For 2.4 hour races there will be 20 points for 1st, 14 for 2nd, 10 for 3rd, 8 for 4th, 6 for 5th, 5 for 6th, 4 for 7th, 3 for 8th, 2 for 9th and 1 for 10th. The team's championship will be the addition of each driver's point scores. The constructors championship will be the total amount of points scored for each constructor divided by the amount of car they are running.

Event Settings

Track Settings
Weather at Race Starts- Random
Time- 06:15 (Bathurst), 17:00 (Nurburgring), 16:30 (Spa)
Time Progression- 10 Times
No. of Laps- Dependent on qualifying times
Weather Changeability- Dependent of poll results
Surface Water at Race Start- Random

Race Settings
Start Type- Grid Start
Grid Order- Fastest First
Boost- Off
Penalty- Off
Tyre/Fuel Depletion- Normal
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge- Real
Minimum No. of Pit Stops- 1
Require Tyre Change- On
Race Finish Delay- 180 Sec
Visible Damage- On
Mechanical Damage- Heavy
Slipstream Strength- Weak

Car Filters
Performance Based Filtering

Limit Driving Options
Skid Recovery Force- Prohibited
Active Steering- Prohibited
Active Stability Management (ASM)- Prohibited
Driving Line- Prohibited
Traction Control- Available (5)
ABS- Available (5)

Events

Bathurst 1.2 Hours/22nd of December 2013/Room Open 9:30 pm GMT
vo2zyw.jpg

Nurburgring 2.4 Hours/29th of December 2013/Room Open 9:30 PM GMT
2vxezip.jpg

Spa 2.4 Hours/5th of January 2013/Room Open 9:30 pm GMT
10ggq4m.jpg

Driver List

How To Sign Up
To sign up you must put down your PSN name, car and colour if applicable and your team name. There are fifteen spots available and also a safety car. The safety car driver will be given a reward of all the GT3 cars in Gran Turismo 6.

Safety Car-Bsholmes1993/Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09/Safety Car
1-F1WORLDCHAMPION/BMW Z4 GT3 '11/BMW Motorsport
2-djacksonrocks20/BMW Z4 GT3 '11/BMW Motorsport
3-qrtintheshade/Audi R8 LMS Ultra '12/Audi Sport
4-Toshost/Audi R8 LMS Ultra '12/Audi Sport
5-jum jum jum jum/Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) LM/C6 Racing
6-F6TYPHOON/Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) LM/C6 Racing
7-
8-Dany_CL/Audi R8 LMS ultra (Audi Sport Team Phoenix) '12/Audi Sport Satellite Team
9-Fryto1983/Nissan GT-R Nisimo GT3 Base Model '13 (red)/???
10-MCR-Ishox/Nissan GT-R Nisimo GT3 Base Model '13 (purple)/???
11-
12-GTP_L_Hamilton/Audi R8 LMS- Team Oreca '10/Team Audi Sport
13-Hugh--Jayness/Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 '11/???
14-MCR-Greazy/Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 '11 (purple)/???
15-GTP_iainoflo/Nissan GT-R Nisimo GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13/Team Schulze

Last edited:
Absolutely epic:bowdown::bowdown: I've seen a lot of poorly worded polls before, but this one definitely takes the cake:cheers::cheers:

But isn't that part of the GT5 forums.

Edit: Sorry my bad I didn't realise it was made it's own forum in the new update. Do you know how to move it there?

I think where you edit the title of the thread you have option to move it to a different forum. At least that was the case before they got upgraded. If you can't ask a Moderator nicely.

I think where you edit the title of the thread you have option to move it to a different forum. At least that was the case before they got upgraded. If you can't ask a Moderator nicely.
Thanks but I couldn't find so I better ask a moderator.

I'll let you decide what you wanna do, either start a new thread in the Online Events: Racing Series: Interest Checks section or I move this one.

I'll let you decide what you wanna do, either start a new thread in the Online Events: Racing Series: Interest Checks section or I move this one.
Would you be able to move this thread to the main Racing Series forum because this isn't really just an interest check because I have already fully planned it.

All GT6 series need to stay here for the time being, we're still working on sorting out the new revamped Online Events section, it'll all be sorted out soon, before Friday, no worries.

All GT6 series need to stay here for the time being, we're still working on sorting out the new revamped Online Events section, it'll all be sorted out soon, before Friday, no worries.
Alright, thanks for your help.

This is exactly the type of events I'm looking forward to :gtpflag:

I already know though that I won't be able to make the January 5th race as I'll be travelling for work that day... :(
I suppose you first want to fill up the roster with folks that will race all 3 events?

This is exactly the type of events I'm looking forward to :gtpflag:

I already know though that I won't be able to make the January 5th race as I'll be travelling for work that day... :(
I suppose you first want to fill up the roster with folks that will race all 3 events?

Its fine with me if you only race in two since i'd be surprised if I had a full grid of 15 cars. Just tell me what team, car, and livery you want to run and remember to read the cars section in the OP before choosing what car you want.

i was planning something similar and about to launch it but on a different day/time. Is the serie 100% finalized?

Do you have an idea for cars and room specs to apply here now that the game is available?

Like aids restrictions, etc...

Do you have an idea for cars and room specs to apply here now that the game is available?

Like aids restrictions, etc...
I think probably allow ABS up to 5 and Traction control up to 5. In GT6 the ABS on 1 is almost useless so I will allow it to be higher. Everything is will be disabled. For cars just read the cars section in the OP because there aren't any certain cars that must be used they will just need to fit the criteria of either being from the GT3 class or participating in any of the real life races in 2013.

Hey F1, we raced together a bit in GT5. I'm back now, new PSN, new Playstation and new Gran Turismo game!! I'm interested in joining, shouldn't have any trouble making it to all of the events. I'd like to drive the R8 also and if you need a teammate I'm game. I'll send you a friend request momentarily.

Hey F1, we raced together a bit in GT5. I'm back now, new PSN, new Playstation and new Gran Turismo game!! I'm interested in joining, shouldn't have any trouble making it to all of the events. I'd like to drive the R8 also and if you need a teammate I'm game. I'll send you a friend request momentarily.
Thanks for joining up, I have put you down as my teammate in Audi Sport so you will need the normal silver Audi R8 LMS Ultra if you don't already.

I will be changing to a BMW 24 GT3 because the R8 LMS is undrivable. I'll leave you in the R8 LMS but you're free to join me again in the Z4 GT3.
Yeah I'll have to test and see which one I'm better in. Seems like the Audi has a bit more straight line speed whereas the Bimmer is more planted on corner exit. Neither is very easy to drive imo.:P

Its fine with me if you only race in two since i'd be surprised if I had a full grid of 15 cars. Just tell me what team, car, and livery you want to run and remember to read the cars section in the OP before choosing what car you want.

I'll need to do some testing before I decide which car I'd like to run :)
If there's an odd number of competitors I don't mind running in the one-man team, as I won't be able to join the race in Spa.

Sign me up for this, hopefully more people will be able to join.

GTP_iainoflo

Probably using this one:
Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsports '13

Back