GT6 FAQs

Which tracks those in the "Real" section :dunce: are based on, have had track days recently, say this century? Split hairs if you must but let's say the organizers didn't know at sunrise what sort of wheels are going to show up.
Are you asking what tracks offer track days in real life?

Excuse my poorly formulated question. Yes that's right. I know of Spa-Francorchamps and Nürburgring.
Le Mans doesn't
Indy doesn't
Daytona Road layout is wrong
Ascari yes but its private

The rest might or might not, I'm not sure.

We should have a paint store and able to send cars. GT5 was way better that GT6 and why the hell the Supra RZ can't have the spoiler removed? PD did a lazy job in GT6 my opinion.

I haven't read the whole thread but I just noticed something ridiculous and wondered if anyone else has noticed. I drove the gift Mercedes VGT in the GT All Stars Series at Bathurst and in the replay the car is a hovercraft. I think I am currently one update behind as I play offline. And the car is only mildly modified with no suspension mods. You can clearly see under the car as it is floating. Maybe it is a Mercedes UFO? I thought it was interesting and quite funny.

I am behind on my updates, but if I update to 1.15 will I be able to obtain the new VGT cars or get them them as prize cars? & will I have a chance to race in the VGT seasonals I missed. or am I s.o.l.? Like I said it's been since last June that I updated.

Also, does anyone check the times required for gold with each new update? I have some gold's from version 1.1 that would not be today and had some silvers that would be golds today. Also, does anyone have a payout list with each update. Just curious if anyone has put in the time and gifted us with that knowledge. Thanks.

*edit: I checked my times and hill climb 7 was a half second off the new time with the last update I did(1.09 from 1.02) but it still counts it as a Gold because I got it before they lowered the time. Also, 4 or 5 was raised and now i have it by 3 seconds instead of 1/2 second:D.

Last edited:
Can I do any transfer of my GT5 cars or money?
What is meant in the Seasonal Events run one lap?
Do you have to get a top 3 or top 1 to get the car?
Do you have to do all the seasonal events to get the car?

Can I do any transfer of my GT5 cars or money?
What is meant in the Seasonal Events run one lap?
Do you have to get a top 3 or top 1 to get the car?
Do you have to do all the seasonal events to get the car?
No.
Start driving. Go across the start/finish line a first time, run the track (you can be disqualified, doesn't matter) pass the start/finish line again.
No.
No.

Last edited:
My car on the track has a spare wheel, but when I get it back in the garage, someone's stolen the spare wheel. Any ideas?

GT6 Screen Shot 1:18:15, 4.26 PM 1 reduced.jpg
GT6 Screen Shot 1:18:15, 4.25 PM.png

Download size i think... and i know on PSN Store is 14,6 GB's (15 GB's). (PS3 80GB)
Each download is less than 2 GB (well, if my memory is reliable). The average is considerably less. So together they're "not many" gigabytes. My blu-ray GT6 now has 26 GB of data on the HDD but that's an extreme example with hundreds of replays and pictures.

Each download is less than 2 GB (well, if my memory is reliable). The average is considerably less. So together they're "not many" gigabytes. My blu-ray GT6 now has 26 GB of data on the HDD but that's an extreme example with hundreds of replays and pictures.

Thanks! :)

Is there a known downlaod location ( link, URL) to manualy download gt6 updates. It would be usefull for more that one PS3, if it is posible to install updatefiles with USB_Stick.

With CFW consoles, you can use PS3 Game Updates by Aldostools. You insert the game code (SCPHXXXXX) and you download updates, save onto a USB drive and install into the console. Some time ago had an app that worked for unmodified consoles but I don't think that it works anymore...

Unmodified consoles only accept system updates, not game updates via USB Stick.

Last edited:
Why can you only use the paddle shifter with an fully customisable transmission and not a h-shifter on a wheel?

Hi, where i have to insert that code?thanks a lot.
The pre order code? You could do redeem it in the PSN Store or through "GT Store" in the Gran Turismo 6 Menu.

i1oYVMyl1YklJuB.jpg

i1TIxHGanauhsuB.jpg

Select the "input code".

or

The PSN Store on the PS4 is similar to the PS3 one's BTW.

It's simple, not sure why you don't know how to do that.

Back