GT6 FAQs

What is the best car for the classic car races in the IB License? I have the 15th Anniv. but I can't seem to keep up in the GT40 or the Daytona Coupe.
Im used the modified camaro z28, if I remember right, maybe over powered but im trying to get as much cash to get as many cars as I need for online.

Quick questions from someone who's still contemplating GT6:

1- Can we now take close up shots of standard cars without being asked by the game to "move a little further away"?

2- Are we allowed to take pictures inside pit stops in GT6 when our cars are in them? I mean the camera that lets us walk around and aim freely.

Thanks in advance!

Im having a freezing problem with my disc of GT 6. I have the 1st gen system with 80gb drive (34 free GBs), no YLOD, no red light I have not gotten to play them game yet, the game freezes for me when entering player name at the very beggining, it there a way to uninstall the update and reinstal it to fix... Ive heard to change the settigns to 720p will allow you to play the game longer before it freezes. This doesnt happen with any other game. I am going to air dust my system to see if that helps but I need help trying to fix this issue. any tips are appreciated

Quick questions from someone who's still contemplating GT6:

1- Can we now take close up shots of standard cars without being asked by the game to "move a little further away"?

2- Are we allowed to take pictures inside pit stops in GT6 when our cars are in them? I mean the camera that lets us walk around and aim freely.

Thanks in advance!

I had a replay going when I read your post, so I checked it out. It was interesting to say the least. It doesn't have you "move a little further..." I walked right up to the car, zoomed into the headlight, zoomed through the headlight...then was able to take a pic of the driver...then, did the same through the door. Then stood on the car for a scenery pic :lol: (Edit: I should have mentioned that you cannot, at least in the car I was using, see the engine and all the chassis components...just the driver, seat, wheel, basics...)

Sorry no pit stop info, I always thought that would be cool though.

Edit: I did a quick drive through on pit road in "test drive" mode. It didn't offer an option for an actual pit stop. During the replay, I checked and it would not allow me to walk around the car on pit road, it did offer 8 fixed camera views which are really useless to get a good shot on pit road.

...went to arcade mode, was able to change tires there, same thing: no walk around.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Is default setup on the full customizable suspension, better a racing suspension. I think it is, but am not sure. I am no good at tuning. And will not waste my money if there is no improvement with them.

sorry to ask, but when i get my edition of the game christmas day, :mad: cannt wait that long! will i get all the latest updates with the Red Bull X challenges aswell when i start up the game?

sorry to ask, but when i get my edition of the game christmas day, :mad: cannt wait that long! will i get all the latest updates with the Red Bull X challenges aswell when i start up the game?

Not long now buddy , my son is also chomping at the bit to play GT6 , can't wait to see his face when he opens it , he's only 6 but been playing gt4/gt5 since he was 2 :cheers:

Not long now buddy , my son is also chomping at the bit to play GT6 , can't wait to see his face when he opens it , he's only 6 but been playing gt4/gt5 since he was 2 :cheers:

lol not long now mate, dont know whos more excited about Christmas, my little girl or me :boggled: My little girl likes playing GT5 have to have her pink Ferrari.:gtplanet:

lol not long now mate, dont know whos more excited about Christmas, my little girl or me :boggled: My little girl likes playing GT5 have to have her pink Ferrari.:gtplanet:
Ahh super cool , we both started our nippers off early my son if I honest is not very good cant complete a lap without a crash , but he don't care he just loves to drive , he also drawn to ferrari lol and they must be yellow no other colour :) , maybe one day we could pop em in the same room and watch the destruction derby :)

You will have 2.5ish gb download awaiting you :)

Ahh super cool , we both started our nippers off early my son if I honest is not very good cant complete a lap without a crash , but he don't care he just loves to drive , he also drawn to ferrari lol and they must be yellow no other colour :) , maybe one day we could pop em in the same room and watch the destruction derby :)

Yeah that would be pretty cool mate. Me little girl cannt do whole lap (yet) but getting there bless her.

Off topic, about destruction derby, work mate gave me a playstation, with some old games. One of them was the first ever PS game i bought, Destruction Derby 2.

Yeah that would be pretty cool mate. Me little girl cannt do whole lap (yet) but getting there bless her.

Off topic, about destruction derby, work mate gave me a playstation, with some old games. One of them was the first ever PS game i bought, Destruction Derby 2.
She will get there mate ,Yeah it was a brill game , especially when u knocked triangles off the car :)

Hey guys ! I got GT6 today as a christmas present and I was wondering if you can trade and gift your cars like you could in GT5 ? I haven't seen that option yet, but I have also played very little time. So please answer ! It sucks if you can't gift cars...:boggled:

Hey guys ! I got GT6 today as a christmas present and I was wondering if you can trade and gift your cars like you could in GT5 ? I haven't seen that option yet, but I have also played very little time. So please answer ! It sucks if you can't gift cars...:boggled:

Hopefully it will be added in an update at a later time, but so far you cannot trade, gift or share.

Allright. That sucks. Why couldn't they just make the game a little more carefully and not release it when it's not ready...

I hear ya! ...I would have been happy with GT5 for another year or so, but it seems the big 15th anniversary was the goal...not so much the overall features of the product.

I hear ya! ...I would have been happy with GT5 for another year or so, but it seems the big 15th anniversary was the goal...not so much the overall features of the product.
While I fully understand your point of view, I've had an x360 until last year. Since they anounced gt6 shortly after I decided to wait rather than buy gt5 so close to gt6 coming out.
I'm perfectly happy with getting bits and pieces at a time, as long as I can play some of it already :)

Back