GT6 FAQs

Hi chaps, this may sound like a silly question, but:

How does one unlock all of the licenses on GT6? Do I have to get the stars in the championships to unlock them? If so that was never a requirement on previous GTs. I loved doing the licenses before on other GTs.

Thanks gents

MC

You have to earn the minimum number of stars per level to unlock the next license. As you said you can't just knock out the tests like previous generations.

I have a question about the b-spec option. I have started some of them but i want to search afterwards which b-spec races have been completed. Where can i check which ones i have completed. Now i can't find them so i get confused on which ones i have already done and which ones i haven't.

I have a question about the b-spec option. I have started some of them but i want to search afterwards which b-spec races have been completed. Where can i check which ones i have completed. Now i can't find them so i get confused on which ones i have already done and which ones i haven't.
Those stars arent there for nothing. 3 stars for placing 1st, 2 for 2nd,and 1 for 3rd. Also unlike GT5, B Spec are blended with A Spec in career.

As @FrzGT said the B Spec career is not separate.
You can create an account for B Spec or just start from the first race and keep track from there of what you've done.

I just want to ask you guys this!!!!
Are we going to have more Vision GT cars on GT6???

If not i will sell my PS3 :-( Very Very disappointed with PD by not introducing the rest of the VGT cars in GT6

If not i will sell my PS3 :-( Very Very disappointed with PD by not introducing the rest of the VGT cars in GT6
You just have to wait añd see what PD does.

Doubtful. It's rumoured that Bugatti and Hyundai VGT cars will be released with GT Sport. It's also rumoured that no more VGT cars will come to GT6. But those rumours haven't been confirmed nor denied yet...

Posting this here too despite making a thread, but when using a wheel does the game auto blip the throttle for every car on downshifts or no?

Going to bump the thread.
This may be an odd question, but has there been any way to have a three-digit driver number? I've been trying to build some cars and such, and some I'd like to have a three digit number.

Going to bump the thread.
This may be an odd question, but has there been any way to have a three-digit driver number? I've been trying to build some cars and such, and some I'd like to have a three digit number.
I think the car numbers only go up to 100 but when I build up a car, I have No numbers on them and it destroy the look of a car.

Just wondering about damage on multiplayer. I've looked everywhere, even explored DLC options, and there seems to be no confirmations on this.

On GT5, it had damage on multiplayer (that looked a little like Destruction Derby, with red dots in the places you're damaged), that could either be set on light or heavy. This way, if you hit a barrier in Monaco at 150MPH, your steering would be shot and you'd have engine damage.

Annoyingly, GT6 multiplayer only has damage modelling, but I can't find a way that will actually damage the car! I don't care if it looks like it's damaged, if the car itself still works perfectly after bashing into everything.

It seems pointless not to have damage because then it's just like an arcade game, bouncing around like a pinball. All I want is an option to enable damage. It now means that when I have friends over, we always play GT5 as it's a challenge and ensures that any mistakes are punished, even though GT6 is objectively the better game. Massively frustrating.

Please, please could anybody confirm this, or if there's anything in the works -- or who I can possibly email/ badger/online petiton -- heck, ANYTHING, just to make sure that hitting a barrier in multiplayer means you're punished?!

Just wondering about damage on multiplayer. I've looked everywhere, even explored DLC options, and there seems to be no confirmations on this.

On GT5, it had damage on multiplayer (that looked a little like Destruction Derby, with red dots in the places you're damaged), that could either be set on light or heavy. This way, if you hit a barrier in Monaco at 150MPH, your steering would be shot and you'd have engine damage.

Annoyingly, GT6 multiplayer only has damage modelling, but I can't find a way that will actually damage the car! I don't care if it looks like it's damaged, if the car itself still works perfectly after bashing into everything.

It seems pointless not to have damage because then it's just like an arcade game, bouncing around like a pinball. All I want is an option to enable damage. It now means that when I have friends over, we always play GT5 as it's a challenge and ensures that any mistakes are punished, even though GT6 is objectively the better game. Massively frustrating.

Please, please could anybody confirm this, or if there's anything in the works -- or who I can possibly email/ badger/online petiton -- heck, ANYTHING, just to make sure that hitting a barrier in multiplayer means you're punished?!
Set mechanical damage to light or heavy in the lobby settings. Or are you talking about local splitscreen? If you are then you are out of luck.

Hi, I've been using a Pagani Huayra '13 and Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale '11 for the latter two courses in Like the Wind iA. I bought everything to improve both vehicles with nitrous for the Huayra, but not the Stradale. The Huayra reaches 287 mph, continuing to climb as I use nitrous. The Stradale would reach 288 mph. I wanted to see how the Bugatti Veyron '13 matches up, so I finally saved up to get one and max it out with nitrous. For some reason, the car stalls and then accelerates briefly at around 255 mph, and even when I use nitrous the car will still do so. It does rapidly over and over.

I decided to add nitrous to the Stradale tonight to see how fast I can go. Now the car won't exceed 211 mph and does that same stall and accelerate thing. I tried to remove the nitrous and it still does this. What is wrong with these two cars? Is this a glitch? I thought it had to do with car settings after using the Veyron, but that would not explain why the Stradale is now messed up. Please help.

I decided to add nitrous to the Stradale tonight to see how fast I can go. Now the car won't exceed 211 mph and does that same stall and accelerate thing. I tried to remove the nitrous and it still does this. What is wrong with these two cars? Is this a glitch? I thought it had to do with car settings after using the Veyron, but that would not explain why the Stradale is now messed up. Please help.
One of the early updates changed the stock suspension settings, I don't know if any of them changed transmission setups. You wouldn't have the gear ratios saved on a computer or on paper? Of course, if you only ever played the game with a single version then that is not it. Why I even suggest this is because when you open the car settings interface, the game silently updates values there either all at once or on a per section basis, I forget which. Unfortunately I don't have a good answer.

I really want to know more about disc-based game installing. Virtua Tennis 3 has the same feature, but it tells me that the maximum amount of data that can be installed is 3403 MB. Does anybody know what the maximum amount is in this game? I'd imagine it would tell you if you had it all installed.
Also, are there any newly discovered strategies to installing data? I already know about the demo one.

I was advancing through each licence very smoothly with a 1011 hp GTR Black Edition. Then I found out the opponents for the Gt all stars were Veyrons and Mclaren F1s. How in the **** am I supposed to beat that in a GTR?

I was advancing through each licence very smoothly with a 1011 hp GTR Black Edition. Then I found out the opponents for the Gt all stars were Veyrons and Mclaren F1s. How in the **** am I supposed to beat that in a GTR?
GTR Black Edition is the right car to use if it tuned up right or use another car if you are having problems.

Last edited:
Hi, I've been using a Pagani Huayra '13 and Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale '11 for the latter two courses in Like the Wind iA. I bought everything to improve both vehicles with nitrous for the Huayra, but not the Stradale. The Huayra reaches 287 mph, continuing to climb as I use nitrous. The Stradale would reach 288 mph. I wanted to see how the Bugatti Veyron '13 matches up, so I finally saved up to get one and max it out with nitrous. For some reason, the car stalls and then accelerates briefly at around 255 mph, and even when I use nitrous the car will still do so. It does rapidly over and over.

What track you were testing ? The Stradale I test with nitrous can reach 328mph at the Special stage Route X.

Last edited:
Use the tuned Light Car Company Rocket for ensuring your victory. Lightning fast, low power but super light.

If you look for some settings in the tuning forum, it could become a lot easier. 👍

I bought every upgrade, even nitro, and tuned the engine limiter to fit within the pp limit (650) and the acceleration still won't beat a Veyron. It might beat a Mclaren F1, but i'm not sure.

And how much does the "Light Car Company Rocket" cost? And I happen to know that it has a really horrible HP rating (178 according to the GT wiki)

I bought every upgrade, even nitro, and tuned the engine limiter to fit within the pp limit (650) and the acceleration still won't beat a Veyron. It might beat a Mclaren F1, but i'm not sure.

And how much does the "Light Car Company Rocket" cost? And I happen to know that it has a really horrible HP rating (178 according to the GT wiki)
The Light Car Company Rocket car does not cost that much but is a good car to use 👍.

Arround 70k. You can get it as a price car on International B with half star. (Correct if im wrong).

But its the fastest car with excellent handling and good top speed. A 220 HP with stock weight can easily beat Mclaren F1.

But its the fastest car with excellent handling and good top speed. A 220 HP with stock weight can easily beat Mclaren F1.
Don't forget that it's super lightweight as well 👍

Back