GT6 FAQs

Hey guys,

I wasn't sure if it deserves an own thread but look at this. Gran Turismo replied to my rant about the poor quality of one of my fav cars. The Falken Skyline (you should check out how poor it looks like)
I mean the Nissan Skyline R34 Touring car has the same bodykit, only with a different rearwing and a bit different frontbumper. So it wouldn't have been too hard to premiumize.

So to make the long story short. Here is the reply:
gtrzx3r.jpg

Is it just a standart reply of PD to calm their users or do you think they really work on improving the horrible looking standart cars?

I just think it's PR (public relations) talk. Meaning they're just doing anything to sooth the user like you said.

Hi I have been away for GT6 for a while.
I have installed all the updates. Now I am trying to enter the game, but everytime I press on gt6 it starts updating again and says: An error occurred during installation.

Has any one had this problem plz help....

When I go into Options, Steering Controller, my Fanatec wheel is not listed but I can adjust my steering characteristics just fine.
Could somebody tell me if I should maybe choose one of the other wheel types that might be similar to my own as a setting please?

Fanatec uses either the G25 or G27 profiles - use those and change the button mappings and you'll find the one that matches your wheel. I have the Fanatec Porsche GT2 and it uses the G25 button mappings for GT6.

Yeah, it is a bummer it's been removed. I'm guessing it was because PD did not want hybrid/hacked cars to spread so easily like they did back in GT5.

Most likely, it's part of their strategy of driving players toward purchasing credits. If I can trade cars with a friend, then he doesn't need to buy the car himself. Same with the low payoffs in credits. I'm sure somewhere out there, you will find players that have bought up a punch of credits to buy all the cars without actually playing to earn the credits.

Fanatec uses either the G25 or G27 profiles - use those and change the button mappings and you'll find the one that matches your wheel. I have the Fanatec Porsche GT2 and it uses the G25 button mappings for GT6.
Thank you very much for that, does it make the ffb feel better or something?
I played last night without selecting a wheel and I thought the ffb was great.
I'm using a Turbo-S myself if that makes any difference?
Thanks again.

Thank you very much for that, does it make the ffb feel better or something?
I played last night without selecting a wheel and I thought the ffb was great.
I'm using a Turbo-S myself if that makes any difference?
Thanks again.

The profiles affect the button mappings you choose (horn, lights etc). FFB effect depends on your combined settings. I have wheel firmware settings Sens=450, FFB=100, SPR=OFF, DPR=OFF. For the GT6 driving options settings, power steering OFF, controller sensitivity 7 (haven't found this makes any difference with a wheel), FFB Strength=2, FFB Sensitivity=8. Best settings are all personal preference anyway. I start with each setting at an extreme value 1 way or other and then adjust until it feels right for me.

The profiles affect the button mappings you choose (horn, lights etc). FFB effect depends on your combined settings. I have wheel firmware settings Sens=450, FFB=100, SPR=OFF, DPR=OFF. For the GT6 driving options settings, power steering OFF, controller sensitivity 7 (haven't found this makes any difference with a wheel), FFB Strength=2, FFB Sensitivity=8. Best settings are all personal preference anyway. I start with each setting at an extreme value 1 way or other and then adjust until it feels right for me.
Thanks again man, I turned both ffb sliders up to 10!

I bought this game early on PSN Store. Anyone receive error updates on Store version?? (Fat 80GB)

Last edited:
Will GT6 ever be completed?, GT5 I was always logged in & playing. But now the content we were promised is very slow at coming & logging in once a week just for the new events is not what I had planned, I really hope we get somewhere close to a complete GT7 when released, although no-one knows when that will happen as already talks of it being delayed 18 months from original estimated date.

Cb
Hi I have been away for GT6 for a while.
I have installed all the updates. Now I am trying to enter the game, but everytime I press on gt6 it starts updating again and says: An error occurred during installation.

Has any one had this problem plz help....

Do a search on "installing GT6 updates" to find instructions. Updates are downloaded and installed individually, not all at one time -- it seems OK to do them all at once but it is not. As I recall, here's how it goes:
Insert the game disc, find GT6 logo, press triangle, search for updates. Allow the first six updates to download, then cancel download operation when #7 begins. Go to system settings/network and turn off internet connection. Start GT6 and allow the first 6 updates to install.
** When the game loads and the home screen shows, quit the game. Go to system settings, turn on internet connection, search for GT6 updates, and download the next update -- just one! When the next update begins downloading, quit the download. Turn off internet connection, start GT6, and allow that ONE update to install.
Start over at asterisks above (**) and repeat for each remaining update. Watch the downloads carefully, some are very quick, and it's easy to download more than ONE update accidentally.

Back