GT6 @ Goodwood FoS 2014 - Track Updated with Mercedes sculpture, Aston VGT announced.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 582 comments
Well, they could just had denied it at the moment of the release of the game for some weird reason? We'll never know. Anyway, it's been like 6 months already... Time for some street cars DLC. :D

About the 300 SLR

Oh God, yes please. :drool: But that will be a damn complicated sound to replicate eh? (not wanting to start another discussion on sounds... but there aren't much inline-8s around lol)

*And it's nice to see those videos, PD did a good job capturing the Goodwood atmosphere.

Yeah, they could pull some slimy "well we meant the cars won't feature in the game at launch". I suppose that won't be so bad at all.

I
The sound actually is particularly difficult to get right, compared with other cars. I mean, I've never recorded one, but my approach anyway would be to synthesise it from the ground up. However, the firing order has eluded me; of the ones I tested (about 8 of the more sensible options), a few were close in one source, but the total tone in all sources was usually off.

Plus the exhaust manifolds are hidden under the slanted engine block, so it's impossible to infer, via photos, clues to the firing order from the cylinder groupings - e.g. this Alfa belies its crank configuration, broadly, in the way the exhaust is arranged (each group of four describes an equivalent even-firing four-cylinder engine).

That narrows down the possible firing orders substantially (to 16, from 2520).

In saying that, though, I actually just found a picture of the exhaust groupings on the 300 SLR, and I was close with my guesses; i.e., I knew the broad crankshaft "type", and it's not the same as the Alfa. That intake sound narrows the choices down nicely, plus the "symmetric" way early engines were built...

Of course, this information would be given to PD, should they ask for it... ;)
But this is why I'm not too bothered about recordings being used in game, because I know you don't have to rely on them except for reference purposes; I think PD know that, too.

I should probably state at this point that the 300 SLR is in no way even hinted at being considered for inclusion in the game.

I doubt we'll get the 300SLR. At best, it'll probably be an SLS GT3 with a livery or something else.

They should put the 1880s Benz along with a 2014/15 Benz.

Yes, that could be a good opportunity for those to get back. :dunce: They can complete the Goodwood hillclimb in like, 2 hours? HAHAHA

Benz1886-1.jpg

b9fac4a6af7156922ecdc73605460d9a.jpg

They have tried to take the 1886 Benz up the hill. Not the original. But an exact replica built by Mercedes. I think it was 2006? I remember it being slow. It didn't do the full climb but stopped just after the bridge and went in the paddock.

defo agreed. They can put some of the in game cars in the paddocks. Or choose your own. Same with the Cartier lawn at the side of the house. I wouldn't mind the Forest Rally stage either.

They have tried to take the 1886 Benz up the hill. Not the original. But an exact replica built by Mercedes. I think it was 2006? I remember it being slow. It didn't do the full climb but stopped just after the bridge and went in the paddock.
Before GT4 release worldwide?

Real life. Not in game. It might of been 2005. But 2006 seems more likely to me. 1st I don't have those pics on my PC. 2005 I do and it's not there. But I do know it was before I took a break from going there for a few years.

Then, we will have to photograph the "actual" in-game central display before it gets deleted.

Already am doing that.

Good thing this was bought up as I not only got to really look at the sculpture, but only now just realized that amongst the cars was ironically the car that was in GT3: the 99T

Do you guys think it's possible we will get the updated version as a new, separate track rather than as a replacement for what we have now?

The update's size would be gigantic, but...?

For some reason the idea of blasting through Goodwood at night popped into my head. Could be nice :3

Do you guys think it's possible we will get the updated version as a new, separate track rather than as a replacement for what we have now?

The update's size would be gigantic, but...?

For some reason the idea of blasting through Goodwood at night popped into my head. Could be nice :3
They showed the track at night in one of the trailers actually.

Mercedes are doing a lot this year. Theyll also be at Le Mans celebrating their victory in 1989, 25 years back with the Sauber C9. I wouldn't be surprised to see that and the SLS GT3 in a hill climb seasonal. There is suppose to be news of the AMG GT at Le Mans also, so theres a few things MB are planning. We'll see.

Sooooooo, they are giving us an update with none of the promised features? I guess this is better than nothing though.:banghead:

They showed the track at night in one of the trailers actually.

Which one? I don't remember seeing that.

Mercedes are doing a lot this year. Theyll also be at Le Mans celebrating their victory in 1989, 25 years back with the Sauber C9. I wouldn't be surprised to see that and the SLS GT3 in a hill climb seasonal. There is suppose to be news of the AMG GT at Le Mans also, so theres a few things MB are planning. We'll see.

Where did you hear that?

The public event doesn't run into the night. But Saturday night they have the Ball. Which is private, although you can see the people go in if you want. Until your asked to politely leave. But anyway its a thank you to the supporters/drivers of the event. You can usually hear the music, see the fireworks and lazers from the closer campsites and the pub. And hear some of the race cars running up the hill. I don't know if they go all the way up though. I presume just in front of the house. But that would be good. Night time with the fireworks and lightshows going on.

Interesting development, particularly: "GT6 creator Polyphony says it’s the first time in the game’s history that it has been technically possible to add content to an existing game on the market"

I wonder if this kind of (modular?) flexibility of world models (perhaps the same as the interior update for the M4?) has also given birth to the Monza / Brands 80s tracks, given that they seem to be only simple variations in track layout. If so, it should be interesting to see what other variations we could perhaps see down the line.

I will not be expecting anything other than the hillclimb update. However, seeing as though GFOS 2014 is celebrating '120 Years of Mercedes-Benz in Motorsport' what a fantastic opportunity to bring some of the most iconic cars racing has ever seen - Think of the classic Silver Arrows, such as W125, GP cars, endurance cars and of course it's touring car beasts such as DTM.

Everybody off the hype-train as it will probably derail anyway.

C'mon bro, not every update Is going to include a major feature, they will come when they're finished.

Also, we don't know that this is the only thing in the update. After all this isn't a PD announcement about the update, it's come directly from Goodwood. So there could be other things included. I'm not saying there will be but no one knows either way. Also we know the gti concept comes out mid June so imexpecting a v1.09 update in approx 10 days/2 weeks around 14 or 16 June (which is when mitsu event finishes and also when gt academy finishes I think??)

As with the senna and gt academy content which was partly included already, I think the goodwood change will be included in that mid june update (locked) and then unlocked by hot fix on 26th. If that's the case then there seems to be a pattern emerging? Of course, that's just my opinion...

Back