GT6 @ Goodwood FoS 2014 - Track Updated with Mercedes sculpture, Aston VGT announced.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 582 comments
C'mon bro, not every update Is going to include a major feature, they will come when they're finished.
Well when I am dealing with advertised promises that are not being kept, and features that I PAID for. I think I have to right to get a little annoyed.

Sorry for the arrogant post mate, I am just so damn sick of this moronic company.

"GT6, featuring a track maker and community features blah blah"

"Instead, here have a sculpture that you will probably see for no more than 3 seconds provided you even pay attention to it while zooming past it at 150 km/h"

Well when I am dealing with advertised promises that are not being kept, and features that I PAID for. I think I have to right to get a little annoyed.

Sorry for the arrogant post mate, I am just so damn sick of this moronic company.

"GT6, featuring a track maker and community features blah blah"

"Instead, here have a sculpture that you will probably see for no more than 3 seconds provided you even pay attention to it while zooming past it at 150 km/h"

For someone sick of a company, you do a good job following and commenting on their every announcement.

Some of us are sick of the negativity you bring with those comments into every thread you post in.

Break the cycle, man.

For someone sick of a company, you do a good job following and commenting on their every announcement.

Some of us are sick of the negativity you bring with those comments into every thread you post in.

Break the cycle, man.
I am not normally negative, amd i do love the GT series. Hell, I have spent thousands on a driving rig just for it. I also defended PD tooth and nail prior to this game. Now I just cant bring myself to say anything positive about the joke that is GT6.

If no-one brings these negative points to light, then how is PD supposed to learn of their mistakes and MASSIVE shortcomings?

I am not normally negative, amd i do love the GT series. Hell, I have spent thousands on a driving rig just for it. I also defended PD tooth and nail prior to this game. Now I just cant bring myself to say anything positive about the joke that is GT6.

If no-one brings these negative points to light, then how is PD supposed to learn of their mistakes and MASSIVE shortcomings?

By reading all the other threads. Or the specific threads that cover those topics. Or the feedback section. Do you really need it spelled out with any more detail?

Do not remove my precious Lotus sculpture

how-to-draw-rage-face-rage-face_1_000000008933_3.jpg

We all understand your frustration, it's certainly valid, but it doesn't need to be on every thread.

Over the past month or two we've seen updates brought to GT6 at a much faster rate than before, what you're waiting for could be just around the corner.

Enough of the complaints now! Sure GT6 lacks a few bits and bolts here and there, but its still a better game than GT5, people tend to forget that. I for one think they have taken major steps in the right direction the past month. The VGT cars are popping up at a faster rate, the Senna content was short, but also brilliant, they have fixed about half of the bugs pointed out since release, etc. etc. It finally feels like they hear what people are saying.

Thanks for heads up everyone. Note taken.

I am just frustrated.

I will strive to keep my critisicm constructive (unless i go to the Epic WHining and crying thread:cheers:). I didnt want to annoy or offend anyone.
You know, you can just post on your wall and anyone can see your frust-citedment

Out of curiousity, is this one of the exact cars that was on the sculpture at the time PD scanned the track?

Lotus_99T_front-right_2010_Pavilion_Pit_Stop.jpg

The decals seem accurate, but I'm not sure if the cars on the sculptures are replicas or the real cars.

I expect the usual:

*We get über-hyped.
*We suggest awesome things that aren't actually far fetched yet we know PD just won't implement them (like the suggestion of relatively easy to implement additional content i.e: Mercedes cars, photomode locations and the forest rally stage).
*We stay weeks without any more info from PD.
*Content gets delayed a day or so.
*We rage.
*Some little bits of content are released, one or two awesomely modelled cars and a track if we're lucky, but nothing to match even our most realistic expectations.
*We fall in love with the new content.
*We get bored with new content.
*Some info about new content is found.
*Rinse and repeat.

Still, it'd be AWESOME if we got the Uhlenhaut!

Thanks for heads up everyone. Note taken.

I am just frustrated.

I will strive to keep my critisicm constructive (unless i go to the Epic WHining and crying thread:cheers:). I didnt want to annoy or offend anyone.
Don't let yourself be shouted down my friend. Your criticisms, and mine, are just as valid as someone saying they think this update to Goodwood is a great and wonderful thing. Don't worry about annoying or offending anyone, people around here will be offended when they choose to be offended. If you have a criticism by all means voice it, in any thread you feel necessary, always respecting the OP of course.

This is sort of neat, I'd love for them to add more Goodwood events while they're at it. Because of the day it doesn't look like it will come with a regular update so we still have another update coming this month (at least one, assuming it brings the VW VGT).

P.S. If you want a good laugh go look at all of the whinging in the comments for this on the news page. So much hate for like a 5 second update that doesn't interrupt the regular updates in any way :P

Well, they could just had denied it at the moment of the release of the game for some weird reason? We'll never know. Anyway, it's been like 6 months already... Time for some street cars DLC. :D

About the 300 SLR

Oh God, yes please. :drool: But that will be a damn complicated sound to replicate eh? (not wanting to start another discussion on sounds... but there aren't much inline-8s around lol)

*And it's nice to see those videos, PD did a good job capturing the Goodwood atmosphere.

The closest sound to this, would be the stock Shelby GT350. May be a V8 but, such a unique sound in game.

seems that the PD exclusivity of the 2014 stingray Chevrolet corvette is finish.
upcoming dlc on forza 5 feature the 2014 stingray Chevrolet corvette!!!!
so, maybe we can expect the McLaren P1.......in a near future......:)

It almost certainly won't happen, but it would be great if this sparked a Mercedes-Benz garage refresh. Apart from the SLS, the SLS GT3 and the C63 we've had no new Mercs since GT4.

seems that the PD exclusivity of the 2014 stingray Chevrolet corvette is finish.
upcoming dlc on forza 5 feature the 2014 stingray Chevrolet corvette!!!!
so, maybe we can expect the McLaren P1.......in a near future......:)
There was a C7 in NFS Rivals before this.

This is sort of neat, I'd love for them to add more Goodwood events while they're at it. Because of the day it doesn't look like it will come with a regular update so we still have another update coming this month (at least one, assuming it brings the VW VGT).

P.S. If you want a good laugh go look at all of the whinging in the comments for this on the news page. So much hate for like a 5 second update that doesn't interrupt the regular updates in any way :P
I could be wrong but I believe I read somewhere that tracks aren't "updated", meaning you can't just change a barrier or curb on an existing track, you have to download a whole new track. If that's the case, this won't be a "5 second update", it'll have to be a download of the entire Goodwood track again, but with the new changes. Not everyone has good internet access and they have a legitimate concern over continuously downloading what amounts to almost meaningless content in terms of gameplay.

Back