GT6 @ Goodwood FoS 2014 - Track Updated with Mercedes sculpture, Aston VGT announced.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 582 comments
I could be wrong but I believe I read somewhere that tracks aren't "updated", meaning you can't just change a barrier or curb on an existing track, you have to download a whole new track. If that's the case, this won't be a "5 second update", it'll have to be a download of the entire Goodwood track again, but with the new changes. Not everyone has good internet access and they have a legitimate concern over continuously downloading what amounts to almost meaningless content in terms of gameplay.

That is correct, although Goodwood won't be too big. Maybe 80Mb or so.

Due to the synchro-timing aspect I think we already have the track. The past couple of updates have been quite big and it is feasible that it was put into one of them for later unlocking at precisely the same time as the real thing.

The best way for everyone to enjoy the new track would be to just have it 'unlock' at the same time and get going instead of saying "Hey, here's a new track update, go on download it" and then have different download / install speeds to contend with etc.

i hope it looks like this
do.php

but with CLRs, Mark Webber can unveil it

CLRflip2.jpg

OH MY GOD IS THAT JEZZA!!!?!?!?
Edit- I have been told it's Jennifer. Sorry for the troubles. @ProjectWHaT
do.jpg

Last edited:
I could be wrong but I believe I read somewhere that tracks aren't "updated", meaning you can't just change a barrier or curb on an existing track, you have to download a whole new track. If that's the case, this won't be a "5 second update", it'll have to be a download of the entire Goodwood track again, but with the new changes. Not everyone has good internet access and they have a legitimate concern over continuously downloading what amounts to almost meaningless content in terms of gameplay.

As Samus said it will be really small though. Even if someone has really slow internet it shouldn't take more than a minute or two.

I just hope it will be a car developed and manufactured by Mercedes-Benz and not AMG.

A pre WWII silver arrow is to unlikely because Nazi connections, so we either get a W196 (very unlikely :( ) or some new AMG car concept car etc.

The Kubelwagen and Schwimwagen are in the game.... It doesn't get much more Nazi connection than those...
Not to mention the Auto Union and the Beetle, the only Nazi thing German nowadays still proud and like (atributted to Ferdinand Porsche though)

Silver arrow cars are actually a welcome addition to GT6. Its connection to Nazi are very vague actually. It just a German mechanics in work and its livery is still used until now.

Not to mention the Auto Union and the Beetle, the only Nazi thing German nowadays still proud and like (atributted to Ferdinand Porsche though)

Silver arrow cars are actually a welcome addition to GT6. Its connection to Nazi are very vague actually. It just a German mechanics in work and its livery is still used until now.

I would love racing them too, but I prefer the w196 to the pre WWII silver arrows because Mercedes really tried to cut any ties to the Nazi Era back then with drivers like Fangio and Moss. Well its like choosing between super models :) I would take all of them in a heartbeat.

Maybe Kaz and Lord March only want to troll us

with this...
1954_Mercedes_Benz_Renntransporter_For_Sale_Front_resize.jpg

[quote="DSkywalker01, post: 9738807, member: 251051"[/quote]

Car on left looks like the auto union that we already have? Car on right looks like an r8 to me but obviously can't be lol. Can anyone with better knowledge than me confirm if that is the auto union and help with the car on the right?

Car on left looks like the auto union that we already have? Car on right looks like an r8 to me but obviously can't be lol. Can anyone with better knowledge than me confirm if that is the auto union and help with the car on the right?
It's from 2009 (Audi Centennial)

Do you guys think it's possible we will get the updated version as a new, separate track rather than as a replacement for what we have now?

The update's size would be gigantic, but...?

For some reason the idea of blasting through Goodwood at night popped into my head. Could be nice :3

They showed the track at night in one of the trailers actually.

At 0:50

Ah, I see it now. Only problem I see with this though is given the kind of road this is, the night time there would be almost impossible to see.

So if its from 2009 the pic above seems to have absolutely nothing to do with what's being released for this year? Wasn't at all clear from the pic. Not blaming the poster by the way, the pic itself could be construed as somewhat misleading.

Anyway, in the next 3 weeks we get the new Nissan, the vw gti concept and the new sculpture. Colour me excited.

So if its from 2009 the pic above seems to have absolutely nothing to do with what's being released for this year? Wasn't at all clear from the pic. Not blaming the poster by the way, the pic itself could be construed as somewhat misleading.

Anyway, in the next 3 weeks we get the new Nissan, the vw gti concept and the new sculpture. Colour me excited.
That picture is from the twitter account @ autobant ... Made it for promotional adverts..

https://twitter.com/autobant/status/474989131140177922

Hmmmm well, that could be a good opportunity to unveil the A45, E63, the ones that were rumored before. :D

https://www.gtplanet.net/mercedes-amg-gran-turismo-6/
That would be nice, but didn't you hear all of the follow up to that announcement? There is some pretty strong evidence to suggest that there was a misunderstanding somewhere and that those cars were never going to come to GT6, but rather Forza 5 and Driveclub instead. It's still "technically possible" (:sly:), and I suppose that the unveiling of the Mercedes sculpture would be a good time to do it.

Back