GT6 Nürburgring Lap time board -- CLOSED - Look for new thread to be started

• Thread starter mike_gt3
  • 590 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to quite a lot of threads similar to this (one to be exact lol)

I'm going to try a few laps as soon as possible :D

Production
08:50.435- Toyota TOYOTA 86 "Racing" '13 (ProjectWHaT) NEW

Completely stock. I could've gotten a 8:48 but I spun out at the Karussel...somehow...

Edit: picture taken with iPod. It automatically rotated, sorry

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 7
If you mean car settings, I used the stock setting since in the stock race car category is prohibited to setup your vehicle!
And I have a DFGT just like you, force feedback at 7 ;)

Merry Christmas to all of you guys!
Thanks for answering.

About the DFGT, do you find the FFB setting so high to be helpful?
The reason I ask is that I think, despite the fact that this is an official GT wheel, for me the FFB in GT6 seems very off and not very helpful/realistic, so I use it much lower.

I use the DFGT in Assetto Corsa too and it's much much better there. The FFB in GT6 using DFGT seems like a joke compared to how good it feels in AC. (And I'm not comparing the physics between these 2 games, thats another discussion)

Also do you have Power-Assisted Steering ON or OFF?

And lastly, your driving aids: I suppose you use MT, right? And everything OFF or just ABS 1?

Merry Christmas and I hope I'm not bothering you whit these questions. I just bought the wheel a week ago, so I'm still learning things, that's why I'm asking. :)

Hey guys, I need help with a dilemma.

I made a little experiment, to see if I'm faster using my wheel with aids ON or OFF.
So I took a stock Corvette ZR1 turned everything ON, with TC 1 and ABS 1, even AT and my lap time on Nordschleife was 07:06.183.

Then I tried with aids OFF and frankly I could not keep the car on the track in its stock form, so I didn't even finish a lap. Maybe this is because I've been using a wheel for just a little over a wheek, so I am pretty newbie with it without aids.

That's why I want to ask as many of you more experienced wheel users to play with this car with aids OFF and come up with your times. I'd hate to see that actually with aids you are faster in this game. It's not supposed to be like that.

Anyway, since there's only one guy who has an official record of this car here I'll quote his time for now.

07:13.469 - Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 '09 (Mac K)

As you can see with aids ON I was 7 seconds faster, which boggles me...

Here are some pictures for proof, I can also provide the replay if needed.
dxwa.jpg
pxlk.jpg

P.S. Andy89 I hope you will do a hot lap too, since you have a DFGT like me and you are obviously more experienced with the wheel.

You should be able to go as fast or even faster without the aids, i assume you didnt used skid recovery force.
the leaderboard require no aids, only ABS allowed though. :)

You should be able to go as fast or even faster without the aids, i assume you didnt used skid recovery force.

ABS and SRF are faster on than off. Other than that you should be faster with

And track grip set to real. I bet a lot of people forget that one in GT6 since we now have to specifically open the menu where GT5 opened it for us.

All aids were ON, that's why I didn't said it was for the leaderboards. It was just a test I made.

ABS and SRF are faster on than off. Other than that you should be faster with

And track grip set to real. I bet a lot of people forget that one in GT6 since we now have to specifically open the menu where GT5 opened it for us.
The problem is that when you enter the Single Player > Time Trial the track settings for grip are set by default to Low, so yes you need to manually change them to Real.

P.S. The same as when you make an online room, by default you have boost and slipstreem strengt set unrealistically, that's why so many rooms have bad settings because people just press create room and don't care about game breakers like that, but that is anther issue.

I'm starting to think that I should treat GT6 as a simcade fun game, and nothing more or less, because for me it's starting to fail on the simulation part more and more as I play and learn everything about it.
A car sim that makes a gamepad a win by default and aids a win+ by default is not a simulator.

Last edited:
Unfortunatly I have no experience with other simulators, so I can't say how much "simulative" GT6 is compared to others. In my experience anyway, the DFGT helped me a lot in my performance. I played with a pad until GT5 came out, and I made literally a big step forward in my performance when I bought the wheel. With a pad I think that I can't end a single lap on the Nordschleife without crashing/ killing my driver/ spinning out.
Anyway yes, I use no aids except ABS at 1. No power steering, I find it very annoying!
Tomorrow I'll give a shot with the ZR1 for sure!

EDIT: Consider that SRF alters the physics. You literally don't lose grip when you slide and you have in general more grip compared to when you have it disabled. That's why we don't allow it, it renders the game totally unrealistic. And that's why they gave us the opportunity to browse online rooms and to exclude the rooms that allow SRF. Take it as an istant win for casual gamers/ unexperienced pad users.

Last edited:
Isn't this a Green Hell leader board? When did it become the Physics General Discussion thread?

Unfortunatly I have no experience with other simulators, so I can't say how much "simulative" GT6 is compared to others. In my experience anyway, the DFGT helped me a lot in my performance. I played with a pad until GT5 came out, and I made literally a big step forward in my performance when I bought the wheel. With a pad I think that I can't end a single lap on the Nordschleife without crashing/ killing my driver/ spinning out.
Anyway yes, I use no aids except ABS at 1. No power steering, I find it very annoying!
Tomorrow I'll give a shot with the ZR1 for sure!

EDIT: Consider that SRF alters the physics. You literally don't lose grip when you slide and you have in general more grip compared to when you have it disabled. That's why we don't allow it, it renders the game totally unrealistic. And that's why they gave us the opportunity to browse online rooms and to exclude the rooms that allow SRF. Take it as an istant win for casual gamers/ unexperienced pad users.
I agree with you, to bad the game rewards pad and aids more than wheel and no aids.
Pad with aids ON should clearly be much slower than wheel with aids OFF and the difference is insignificant, as far as I can tell.
That's why I want more experienced wheel users to test this, so I can be certain if is true or not.
So far what I believe from what I've seen is that GT6 is more prone to pad/wheel + aids than wheel without aids, more user friendly and newbie friendly compared to how GT5 was.

Isn't this a Green Hell leader board? When did it become the Physics General Discussion thread?
It still is the leaderboard, it will just be a pity if what I said above would be true: hardworking experienced wheel users to be slower than pad and/or wheel + aids ON users. That just downgrades the game a lot from what it should be, and what it was in GT5.

Please still keep it to a minimum, i want the thread to be easy to read. :)

You can trust me, the only thing making you faster is the srf, then ABS, then active steering.
And only ABS is allowed, theres no need to talk about the other if its not allowed. :)

The aids (traction control, stability) dont make you faster, it correct your errors, wheel or pad you will be faster without aids when you have enought experience with it, or have the skills.

WAnd there is very fast people with pads, it have nothing to do with the game realism, those people just have very good skills.

I am faster without traction control and stability aid.

If you are slower without aids you need to practice more, trying to beat times and looking at the videos will help, thats partly how i improved :)

Ok, Mike.
No more discussions about this issues in this topic from me. I'll just wait for the lap times and keep practicing myself in the mean time.

My last two words on this topic : I think aids slows you down, every aids barring SRF. SRF is not an aid, is a "physics selector" to me, and since PD gave us the opportunity to force it off in online lobbies, I'm ok with it. Plus, I think wheel is a lot faster than Pad. Yes, there are some damn fast guys on pad, but give a look at the leaderboard on time trials, seasonal events etc..., the majority of the top 200-300 are wheel users for a reason. Even with SRF ON the wheel is still faster than Pad. Just my last 2 cent on this topic ;)

Anyway, back on TOPIC, other lap times for you guys!

08:39.027 - Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupé '54 (Andy89) NEW
07:48.700 - Mazda RX500 '70 (Andy89) NEW
07:31.874 - Honda NSX Type R '02 (Andy89) NEW

Last edited:
I finally got a valid lap time with the ZR1 with all aids off except ABS 1 and MT on stock specs.
The lap time was 07.41.300.
I did make 2-3 mistakes so I could probably be about 5 seconds quicker only because of that, but still is a long way to go to beat my 07.06.183. :irked:

P.S. Andy & Mike (and anyone else) when you guys get to do the hot lap with the ZR1 and you beat my time, can you please upload a video or the replay file? I would really appreciate, I would like to use it as a learning material.

Last edited:
Production Cars - Stock

08:10.853 - Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07 (GTP_gooners_17) NEW

07:31.874 - Honda NSX Type R '02 (Andy89) BEATEN

I did a quick search through the thread and I think this time should be labeled NEW. The only NSX I see is the concept '01.

Last edited:
Production
08:50.435- Toyota TOYOTA 86 "Racing" '13 (ProjectWHaT) NEW

Completely stock. I could've gotten a 8:48 but I spun out at the Karussel...somehow...

Edit: picture taken with iPod. It automatically rotated, sorry
Was this added to the spreadsheet? I don't think I saw it.

Was this added to the spreadsheet? I don't think I saw it.

No. If you look at the spreadsheet home page, in red and bold it clearly states that spreadsheet has only been updated till the 32nd post on page 2. When Mike runs the next update, yours will be included.

No. If you look at the spreadsheet home page, in red and bold it clearly states that spreadsheet has only been updated till the 32nd post on page 2. When Mike runs the next update, yours will be included.
Oh I see, thanks.

Production Cars - Stock

08:10.853 - Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07 (GTP_gooners_17) NEW

I did a quick search through the thread and I think this time should be labeled NEW. The only NSX I see is the concept '01.

Yeah sorry, I misread the NSX-R! Was very tired when posted that lap eheh! :D

My 1st submission. All driving aids off except ABS 1.

Open Category:
08:11:477 - Mario Andretti’s 1948 Hudson (PAKFA) NEW

ofq3.jpg

P.S. If I want to submit a lap time of this car stock in which category does it fit?

P.S. If I want to submit a lap time of this car stock in which category does it fit?

Stock race car/ non production I guess?

Anyway Pakfa I've done a lap in the ZR1 and got a 7:05.742. There's still room for improvement, not much, maybe 2 seconds. I'm going to film the replay and post it here, wich visual do you want? Roof cam is ok? ;)

Production stock cars

07:05.742 - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 (Andy89) BEATEN
07:30.342 - Shelby Cobra 427 '66 (Andy89) NEW

It would be in ''race/non-production''

Stock race car/ non production I guess?

Anyway Pakfa I've done a lap in the ZR1 and got a 7:05.742. There's still room for improvement, not much, maybe 2 seconds. I'm going to film the replay and post it here, wich visual do you want? Roof cam is ok? ;)

Production stock cars

07:05.742 - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 (Andy89) BEATEN
07:30.342 - Shelby Cobra 427 '66 (Andy89) NEW
Great.
Well, if you let me choose, I'd like "Driver's Eye View" with "Information Display All", because that's how I play.

Or you can upload the replay file, I never played a replay file from someone else, but I suppose it's not rocket science, just a matter of copy/paste into the PS3 right?

Can I use that replay as a ghost?

It would be in ''race/non-production''
Thanks.

Last edited:
was looking for a thread like this the other day lol will post up some of my times soon :)

also clarification on the tuned section, am i able to post times done with other peoples tunes? with a link to what tune i used?

Last edited:
Hey Mike, can you think about a suggestion I have?

I was wondering if you can make a new category which would be like the "Open" one, but it will be the only one which would allow the use of any and all driving aids. For people like myself who like to play with them ON. I think there would be a lot of people who could post their times there...

You could call it: "Open - Special" or "Free for All" with a little note that specifies that all driving aids are allowed.

I think it would be interesting to see how much of a difference it is between driving with aids ON and OFF.
Anyway it's up to you, it's your call, if you want to make that category or not.

Hi! New to the forum, but I wanted to participate in this as most of my GT time is spent lapping the 'Ring. All aid restrictions were followed:

Production - Stock Cars

07:47:758 - BMW M3 Coupe '07 (The_Kraken37) NEW

IMG_20131227_175119.jpg

... A full 7 seconds faster than I did in GT5. Lap done with a DS3 controller. But I have a question - are we to set track edge grip to Normal or Real? I used real.

Last edited:
Yes it has to be set to ''real'' :)

Hey Mike, can you think about a suggestion I have?

I was wondering if you can make a new category which would be like the "Open" one, but it will be the only one which would allow the use of any and all driving aids. For people like myself who like to play with them ON. I think there would be a lot of people who could post their times there...

You could call it: "Open - Special" or "Free for All" with a little note that specifies that all driving aids are allowed.

I think it would be interesting to see how much of a difference it is between driving with aids ON and OFF.
Anyway it's up to you, it's your call, if you want to make that category or not.

The only problem is the quantity of time required to edit the sheet. I will wait a little and see how the board grow, and i might modify it if theres a need. :)

@The_Kraken37:
Yes it has to be set to ''real'' :)

Production - Stock Cars

07:42.567 - Chevrolet Camaro SS '10 (The_Kraken37) NEW

^^ This car is amazing to drive. Took a full 9 seconds off my GT5 time, plus there is more room for improvement, especially for those who have a wheel.

Racing/Non-Production Category:
09:24.505 - Mario Andretti's 1948 Hudson (Obsidian-2) NEW

Gave this car a try at Nurb after finishing the time trial ... lifted in some places I didn't need to, so I am sure I could go faster, but it is just too boring to attempt another lap.

Production:
09:08.941 - Peugeot 106 S16 '03 (niceness-dk) NEW
09:10.391 - Abarth Grande Punto '09 (niceness-dk) NEW
09:20.623 - Peugeot 106 Rallye '03 (niceness-dk) NEW
10:37.331 - Abarth 1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T 1 '52 (niceness-dk) NEW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back