GT6 Nürburgring Lap time board -- CLOSED - Look for new thread to be started

• Thread starter mike_gt3
  • 590 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Open Category:
06:18.405 - SRT Viper GTS '13 (PAKFA) NEW

bcvn.jpg

This car is crazy with over 1k hp, it wants to kill you every 2 seconds on this track. I managed to finish 1 lap with a valid time (the one you see above), out of 40 tries - I'm not kidding. This lap was done following the rules without driving aids.

Then I put the driving aids ON and from the 1st run I got a valid time of 06.:09.175.
I know this is not accepted here, but just for the fun of it, I'd like to see someone beat this time without driving aids. I know I can't. I don't think I'll ever be faster with them OFF as I'm with them ON...

vn9l.jpg

Last edited:
Production:
07:36.918 - Jay Leno 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado (niceness-dk) NEW

That was tough. Frustrating. Just as anticipated. I reached the point where I just wanted a valid lap. Someone with greater skills and more patience should be able to improve this time a lot..

Open Category:
06:56.747 - Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09 (PAKFA) NEW

This car is a little bomb in disguise fully tuned. Very fast for it's pp, I can easily drive it to the limit without driving aids and I love it! :)

Open Category:
05:48.833 - Mercedes-Benz Sauber Mercedes C9 '89 (PAKFA) NEW

Tuned, but without the turbo. It's the only way I can control it and finish a valid lap without driving aids.
For comparison purpose only this is the time with the car fully tuned and with all driving aids on: 05:27.918.

Last edited:
Racing/Non-Production Category:
06:09.276 - Audi R18 TDI 15th Anniversary Edition '11 (Obsidian-2) NEW

08:19.636 - honda integra dc2 98 spec (markyboy92) NEW

Quite abit still to come I set that time after a quick go then kept rolling it over on fast left hander after sector 2, was geting so annoyed hahaha
Great track ain't played in for quite a while :)

Have I seen this before?

:P

Great work taking this on 👍

Now, where is that LFA...
Been a while Timo! good to hear from you! :cheers:
you even have 2 different LFA now!

Nice to see you running these markyboy as well :)

07:01.366 - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 (mike_gt3) BEATEN
I was curious to see the difference vs the SRT Viper, the ZR1 is slightly faster on the straight,

Not an easy car to drive, it was my only clean lap... :lol: theres slightly more in it but i dont have the patience i think.

edit:

Last edited:
Hi all this is my first post on here, I shall attempt a time for this in production class.

going to try the FXX, M4 Coupe and a R35 GTR see how my times compare.

Last edited:
Couple to add to the board...

07:36.489 - TVR Cerbera Speed 6 '97 (GTP_Stotty) NEW

07:57.014 - BMW Concept 1 Series tii '07 (GRP_Stotty)

The TVR is a nice challenge :D The BMW is disappointing - handles well enough, but doesn't feel very fast for something with 320bhp!

Both times could be improved as the throttle pot on my G27 is FUBARd :(

Still good lap Stotty! 👍
i remember the 135i was not really fast in GT5, look like its the same in GT6 hehe

08:08.928 - Subaru BRZ S '12 (mike_gt3) NEW

Race/Non-production:
05:58.667 - Mazda 787B Stealth Model (Obsidian-2) NEW

Intense. I should have gone faster but I got all panicky in the last couple of sectors.

Last edited:
Open Category:
07:07.154 - Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Evoluzione '91 (PAKFA) NEW
05:34.236 - Mazda 787B Stealth Model (PAKFA) NEW

*for comparison only with all the driving aids ON: 05:27.257 - Mazda 787B Stealth Model*

Last edited:
Subaru BRZ S '12 run:

12:16.259 - Daihatsu Midget II D type '98 (mike_gt3) NEW

Open Category:
06:26.246 - Audi R8 LMS Team Oreca '10 (PAKFA) NEW

*for comparison only with all the driving aids ON: 06:09.859 - Audi R8 LMS Team Oreca '10*

I think everyone knows by now how broken the R8 LMS is in GT6 (compared to GT5 and real life too). I have tried to tame this beast and between the LMS and LMS Ultra, I found out the Oreca one to be a little easier to tune and control.
With the LMS Ultra I cannot go past 600pp and keep her on the track, but I managed to fully tune the Oreca, as you can see the lap times above.
It still is a handful to drive and pretty slow for a LM, the Viper GTS '13 is as fast if not faster, and that's a production car.

I'll have to tune and compare other LM/Touring/SuperGT cars with the R8 LMS, but something tells me until it gets "fixed" the R8 will be one of the slowest of them all.

Last edited:
A few more Mike.

I'm only running 1 lap unless I make a signfincant mistake - my G27 is a bit knackered, and it will get some times on the board to chase at a later date.

06:59.885 - Mines BN34 Skyline GT-R V-spec N1 base '00 (GTP_Stotty) NEW
06:55.447 - Mines BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 base '06 (GTP_Stotty) NEW
07:18.419 - Mines Lancer Evolution VI '00 (GTP_Stotty) NEW
08:13.386 - NISMO GT-R LM Road Going Version '95

The 2 Mines Skylines are superfast, and on SS tyres stock, have loads of grip compared to most stuff with similar power. The '00 is stiffer, and needs a bit more care as it likes to oversteer in 2nd and 3rd on exits. The '06 is just a monster, and will no doubt go quite a bit faster than that once you adjust to the grip.

The Lancer could be much faster, but tops out at 159mph 3 times during the lap, so you spend a bit of time holding part throttle to stop it hitting the limiter. Has LOADS of grip.

Wish I hadn't bothered with the NISMO. I should have checked the specs - just over 300bhp, aero, and gearing fit for a car with 1,000bhp (c.90mph in 2nd, c.130 in 3rd), means it's not fast. It just doesn't have the poke to pull the gears and labours on the straights. And it only comes on CS tyres, which means it has entry understeer and some comedy oversteer in the low speed corners. However, compared to the Midget I bet the GT-R was a dream... respect for running that :lol:

What are you using to capture you videos?

Thx for adding new laptimes!
hehe those slow cars are fun sometimes, i wanted to try the midget :lol:
i did 3 laps, the first one to see how it handled, on second one i tried to find the limit and then i restored the engine and changed oil, didnt know it would make a difference, it gained a few hp, then i did a 3rd lap, gone from 12:24 to 12:16 with the added power, some part were fun and some part felt like i would fall asleep.

it was hitting the rev limiter at 115kmh, i also had to keep half throttle a few times, when it was going downhill :lol:

I use an Hauppauge HDPVR to capture the videos.

edit: i just noticed you can gain power on new car with oil change just like in gt5.... :(

Last edited:
Thx for adding new laptimes!
hehe those slow cars are fun sometimes, i wanted to try the midget :lol:
i did 3 laps, the first one to see how it handled, on second one i tried to find the limit and then i restored the engine and changed oil, didnt know it would make a difference, it gained a few hp, then i did a 3rd lap, gone from 12:24 to 12:16 with the added power, some part were fun and some part felt like i would fall asleep.

it was hitting the rev limiter at 115kmh, i also had to keep half throttle a few times, when it was going downhill :lol:

I use an Hauppauge HDPVR to capture the videos.

edit: i just noticed you can gain power on new car with oil change just like in gt5.... :(

3 laps!! You have more patience than me :lol:

Yeah... oil change seems to take them their factory spec outputs. I thought it would be OK to do this prior to running laps in those cars I haven't already done it in, but if not I'm happy to run the laps again with a new car without oil change.

Mazda 787B Stealth gains 141 HP from just the oil change, at least compared to the new car dealer specs. It might be easier to drive without changing it, LOL.

3 laps!! You have more patience than me :lol:

Yeah... oil change seems to take them their factory spec outputs. I thought it would be OK to do this prior to running laps in those cars I haven't already done it in, but if not I'm happy to run the laps again with a new car without oil change.

yeah 3 laps for like 37 minutes :crazy:, i was satisfied with lap number 2 but after seeing the gain after oil change i had to run another one.

no need to rerun your lap :), oil change is allowed, i thought it was fixed in GT6 but look like it took me that long before i noticed :lol:

@Obsidian-2 141hp is a lot! the midget gained ..4hp!

Last edited:
Production:
07:55.429 - RUF 3400S '00 (niceness-dk) NEW
08:57.471 - RUF BTR '86 (niceness-dk) NEW

Kinda embarrassing.. As you can tell, I'm not really good at handling RR cars.. Was going to run the CTR and CTR2, but I decided to just eat some cake instead. Much more comforting than those stupid RUFs :(

I look forward to seeing some better drivers taming those beasts..

Last edited:
Dont be ashamed. I should be because this is my only valid lap time so far :/

Production:
18:08.766 - Subaru 360 '58 (Bwlian) NEW
pic
Haha, this is to funny, 18 min around the Ring.
You deserve a prize for not falling asleep, have a beer from me :cheers:. Cheers!

Race/Non-production:06:12.883 - Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior (Arnold Wong) BEATEN

I guess I can improve the lap time by 2-3 more seconds with more try.
I will record the replay of this lap later and maybe a realtime onboard of a similar lap.

Attachments

• DSC_0001[1].jpg
    DSC_0001[1].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
07:01.366 - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 (mike_gt3) BEATEN
I was curious to see the difference vs the SRT Viper, the ZR1 is slightly faster on the straight,

Not an easy car to drive, it was my only clean lap... :lol: theres slightly more in it but i dont have the patience i think.

edit:

Really nice lap Mike... right on the edge in most places and I don't see too much time left in that one 👍

Open Category:
07:15.159 - Renault R8 Gordini '66 (PAKFA) NEW
06:54.831 - Renault R5 Turbo '80 (PAKFA) NEW
06:15.573 - Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car (PAKFA) NEW

The 2nd LM car I tuned, the RX-7, is faster than the broken R8 LMS despite having a much lower PP than the R8.
More LM cars to come.

Production:
16:57:025 - Citroën 2CV Type A '54 (Bwlian) NEW
pic
How about? > Volkswagen Schwimmwagen Typ 166 '42 :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back