GT6 Nürburgring Lap time board -- CLOSED - Look for new thread to be started

• Thread starter mike_gt3
  • 590 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Race/Non-production:06:12.883 - Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior (Arnold Wong) BEATEN

I guess I can improve the lap time by 2-3 more seconds with more try.
I will record the replay of this lap later and maybe a realtime onboard of a similar lap.

Are you sure you didnt changed any settings? in this category everything as to be left stock, no aids, no srf , only ABS allowed, im asking because you beaten Andy's lap by 10 seconds, and by looking at his video theres not 10 seconds left. and yu said you could shave 2-3 more seconds.

Really nice lap Mike... right on the edge in most places and I don't see too much time left in that one 👍
Thx mate!:cheers: it had lot of difference of handling between 2nd and 3rd gear, 3rd gear had lot of understeer and 2nd was a bit too short making it difficult to chose the right gear.

The slowest car in GT5 was the Subaru 360

@GuerillaBlack which category you want to put this in?

Open Category:
06:19.140 - Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro Chrome Line (PAKFA) NEW

*for comparison only with all the driving aids ON: 06:15:621 - Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro Chrome Line*

@Mike: Hey, how often do you update the spreadsheet? Once a week?

Last edited:
Few more...

07:06.419 - Ferrari 458 Italia '09 (GTP_Stotty) NEW
07:33.226 – BMW M3 CSL ’03 (GTP_Stotty) NEW
07:31.322 – BMW M3 GTR ’03 (GTP_Stotty) NEW
07:43.398 – BMW M3 ’04 (GTP_Stotty) NEW

The 458 handles a lot better in GT6 and is now really nice to drive - it still has some understeer, but a lot less than in GT5. Plenty of oversteer on the exits if you want it, and a bit wild over the bumpy sections and on the kerbs.

The CSL feels like cheating – really well balanced, bit of stabilising understeer on the way in, loads of grip mid corner and traction on the exits. Almost impossible to oversteer.

Ran the GTR straight after the CSL and used the CSL ghost to see where the differences were. Unsurprisingly, very similar cars – GTR has a bit more understeer, doesn’t change direction as well and has some slight oversteer, but makes up for it by being slightly faster on the straights.

The stock M3 is interesting in comparison to the CSL – significantly slower in a straight line, less front end grip and less traction on the exits. Considerably harder to get a decent lap out of it.

Are you sure you didnt changed any settings? in this category everything as to be left stock, no aids, no srf , only ABS allowed, im asking because you beaten Andy's lap by 10 seconds, and by looking at his video theres not 10 seconds left. and yu said you could shave 2-3 more seconds.

Thx mate!:cheers: it had lot of difference of handling between 2nd and 3rd gear, 3rd gear had lot of understeer and 2nd was a bit too short making it difficult to chose the right gear.

The slowest car in GT5 was the Subaru 360

@GuerillaBlack which category you want to put this in?

Yes, I didn't change any. just ABS 1 is used, now I am about to record the replay..........taking a rest from my 3d modeling job.

i will update as often as i can, i been fighting flu since december 23, and i think i got another virus in same time, updating is not my priority but i will as soon i feel better.

Hi all!

This looks like fun, can I join in?

I'm not an experienced 'Ring rat, but these cars deserve an entry (production):

09:34.680 - BMW 507 '57 (Slimduck87) NEW
09:17.531- BMW 2002 Turbo '73 (Slimduck87) NEW

i will update as often as i can, i been fighting flu since december 23, and i think i got another virus in same time, updating is not my priority but i will as soon i feel better.
I hope you get better soon!

I just wanted to know if you have a schedule or something, nothing more.
Get well.

^ Looks legit Arnold Wong. Nice lap.

Andy is not matching the car's top speeds at the fastest points of the track ... I tested the car stock and my top speeds are in line with Arnold Wongs. I bet Andy did not do an oil change. ;)

Last edited:
Here is the replay of my X2014 Junior run, will do some laps with the other race cars later :)

That's a crazy fast lap time. My best was 6:18.xxx with tweaked suspension, brakes etc, and was invalidated.

I can never drive so fast and so smooth with my DFGT, I guess the T500 RS is that much better and it's worth the 500 euros price tag. But then again I got my DFGT for 70 euros, and for my 1st ever wheel I think is a good bargain.

How would you feel for a challenge with your own lap time?
I'm curious to see you best lap time with a tweaked RB Junior, how much faster can you be.

After posting the laps above yesterday, I thought I’d set a time with the F40… unfortunately, it didn’t quite work out :lol:

Not sure if it’s just LOFT on my behalf, but that car is incredibly difficult to drive for an entire lap close to its limits.

After crashing in T1 a few times (1st time I’ve driven the F40 in GT6), I quickly realised the cars response to trail braking, or reducing the power with any lock applied, or touching the kerbs, or touching the grass, was to spin.

I did start to make some progress, but it’s very difficult to drive over such a long lap with so many relatively high speed changes of direction. Even a tiny misjudgement of entry speed that you’d hardly notice in most cars and might lead to a touch of extra entry understeer at worst, results in an unrecoverable spin in the F40… a small slide is recoverable if you’re reactions are quick enough (ie; you almost have the opposite lock on before the slide has started), but fail to catch the start of it and the tyres are immediately bright red!

It’s a fantastic challenge, and one I will go back to, but after 30 minutes of trying and failing to complete a lap, I shouted my wife to bring a crow bar as I’d been gripping the wheel so tightly I needed something to prise my fingers from the rim of my wheel :lol:

Hehe that sound like a really good challenge!:lol: i will give it a try when i will fully recover, got some medicine i have to take now, had to go see a doctor today to see what is happening. :(

I tried the RUF yellowbird before Christmas and i surrendered in 5 minutes :scared:

i will try to update tomorrow. :)

Open Category:
06:35.306 - Ferrari F40 '92 (PAKFA) NEW
06:00.458 - Nissan GT-R R35 Touring Car (PAKFA) NEW

*for comparison only with all the driving aids ON: 05:53.002 - Nissan GT-R R35 Touring Car*

Like Stotty said, the F40 is a b*tch to drive stock, it's just un-drivable for me, like most of the stock FR,RR,MR in GT6. This is one of the reasons I don't even bother posting lap times in the "production category".
I have a "stock+" tuned version which basically has the same stock PP, but all the necessary tweaks and it's a dream to drive that.
Then I have the fully tuned version which is pretty fast as you can see the lap time above, but that car even though is drivable compared to stock, it is crazy and scary, but not in a fun way, like the fully tuned Viper is.
I barely made 1 valid lap time and that was it, I don't think I'll drive the fully tuned F40 very much.

Nothing much to say about the GTR TC, extremely fast as expected, and as usual I'm faster with the driving aids ON than OFF.

Great.
When you have time edit this line in open category:
"06:13:737-Tommy Kaira ZZII (Grayfox)" - needs two spaces between the time and the car name and the time format with the dot for the hundreds of a second.

Should be like this:
06:13.737 - Tommy Kaira ZZII (Grayfox)

Last edited:
Race/Non Production
07:55.539 - Lotus Elise Race Car '96' (jimmy_b_84) NEW

Everything else remained untouched, no setup changes.

I used no driver aids and manual shifting too.

Great little car very rewarding when you got it right.

Last edited:
Remember to write the lap times in the correct format :)

10:28.210 - Toyota Yaris F (J) '99 (niceness-dk) NEW
09:58.614 - Toyota Yaris U Euro Sport Edition (J) '00 (niceness-dk) NEW
09:32.161 - Toyota Yaris RS 1.5 (J) '00 (niceness-dk) NEW
09:07.828 - Toyota Yaris RS Turbo (J) (niceness-dk) NEW
09:51.730 - Toyota Vitz RS 1.5 '07 (niceness-dk) NEW
09:45.194 - Toyota Vitz F '12 (niceness-dk) NEW

This was actually fun to feel and compare the differences. But I only did one lap with each car, because they are all a little boring to drive. The RS Turbo is the most fun. The Vitz F '12 is the least. Stupid hybrid with no gears! Oh, and I also made small mistakes with all the cars. Loss of concentration, you know...

I only did this, because the '99 Yaris F is the closest GT6 gets to my real life car, which is a Toyota Aygo :D

Incredibly impressive... if not very realistic :lol:

I think I'd need to consume 1kg of amphetamines before my reactions would be up to driving that :D

I can't control that car on my controller no matter what my sensitivity setting is... need to finally get the fanatec wheel wired in :)

Incredibly impressive... if not very realistic :lol:

I think I'd need to consume 1kg of amphetamines before my reactions would be up to driving that :D

at least this lap is "more realistic" than those full downforce + soft tyres + tyre smokes everywhere on the track laptime on youtubes :banghead: , lol..........

In fact I think I was driving a F-22.......not a car......ready to take off:D

Some more BMWs:

09:18.475 BMW 120i '04 (Slimduck87) NEW
09:07.511 BMW 120d '04 (Slimduck87) NEW

Edit:

18:01.073 SUBARU 360 '58 (Slimduck87) BEATEN

Those are much more stable than the veteran BMWs.. And I thought the 120i and 120d would drive similarly, but they are really two different worlds! The diesel is much more responsive and stable, but the brakes are alike.

Had to give the Subaru a try, well that was duller than even expected...

Last edited:
at least this lap is "more realistic" than those full downforce + soft tyres + tyre smokes everywhere on the track laptime on youtubes :banghead: , lol..........

In fact I think I was driving a F-22.......not a car......ready to take off:D
Considering this entry was for non-tuned section, do you think you can improve your time if you tweak the X1 Red Bull and post in the open category?

You also did not answer my previous question/challenge in post #132 regarding Red Bull Jr.

Btw, did you use the wheel or the pad and what view (chase cam?) did you use to drive the X1?

Feeling better today, been able to do one short session :)

08:21.593 - Range Rover Evoque Coupe Dynamic '13 (mike_gt3) NEW

it feel very heavy, have a weird oversteer on braking, and react brutaly when going in the grass, but still surprisingly fast for running comfort soft tires!

edit: tried this one too
08:31.414 - Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '97 (mike_gt3) NEW

It have decent turn-in, feel good only needed 2 lap, faster than i expected about 10 seconds faster than in GT5, theres a little more in it but its not worth chasing at the moment.

Last edited:
Considering this entry was for non-tuned section, do you think you can improve your time if you tweak the X1 Red Bull and post in the open category?

You also did not answer my previous question/challenge in post #132 regarding Red Bull Jr.

Btw, did you use the wheel or the pad and what view (chase cam?) did you use to drive the X1?

I was just thinking about entering a corner with a faster speed.

I use T500 RS with the Ferrari F1 rim, and cockpit view for all the cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back