GT6 Official Car List Impressions/Thoughts

• Thread starter Prototyp3
  • 987 comments
I like the car list. If anything, I'd prefer a few more street cars like some others. A short list of things I wish I read on that list would be the first Vantage, 93 Mustang Cobra and more Trans Ams.

Highlights for me:

78 Trans Am. I wish there were more. I'd also love the '72, '88 GTA anda '00.

Lunar Rover. I'm a bit of a NASA geek even though I think they are some of the most massive liars in the galaxy. It's imo the most historical automobile of all time. I'm going to LOVE driving this baby all around the world, and hopefully there is some kind of low gravity moon environment to mess around in.....with the Veyron. I hope the Rover is paintable. It will make for an interesting league.

2013 NASCARs.Contrary to what some people in this thread seem to think about these just being the same cars with different paint schemes (showing just how ignorant they are btw), the new cars are completely redesigned cosmetically and technically.And showing more ignorance, even in GT5 there is more than just 2 tracks NSACAR raced on. In addition to Daytona and Indy, multiple years NSACAR went to Japan and ran races at Sazuka, Fuji and Motegi. It's not like NASCARs are restricted to just Daytona and Indy. I love running NASCARs on Nurb, Top Gear, Tsukuba and just about everywhere else. And these new models will be even more fun to drive than the far less stable older models.

..Not sure, why people are saying there are Premium and Standard cars...

from the official website
Well, there is no distinction in terms of game design, but there are still models from GT4 without modeled interior and with a much lower polycount, then we can call them "standard", "bad models", "gt4 models" or whatever you want. :)

ummmmmmmmm......
I was referring to Forza 4, how there have been slight errors in the likeness of some cars due to the fact that extensive time wasn't taken to model each car. There are at least two examples within FM5 that are known so far, but I was just making a point, not bashing a title.

On topic - I did notice that the earlier confirmed Mercedes E63 and A45 were not in the list, which does prove that there must be some cars in the vault waiting as DLC. Also, even tho Koenigsegg, the Ferrari F12, and a number of hypercars didn't make the list yet, I question myself if I would actually enjoy using them in online racing with all that speed or would they just sit in my garage?

Also, even tho Koenigsegg, the Ferrari F12, and a number of hypercars didn't make the list yet, I question myself if I would actually enjoy using them in online racing with all that speed or would they just sit in my garage?

This made me chuckle. You are like an inverted race driver. "Let's not go so fast, ok?" ;D

It's ok. Not great, not too bad. Some weird inclusions, some depleted/outdated segments and less new cars than I expected, but maybe they'll make it up with DLC.

Also, possibly coincidentally, most of the cars I'm looking forward to most were already unveiled at E3 and Gamescon.
- still no premium GT1, GT2, or GTE Le Mans cars
BMW M3 GT2 (which competed in the GTE class) is on the list.

I'm super happy about the 78 Trans Am as I have a 77. The only differences were the grill inserts, seat stitching, door panels and the 78 was able to have the w72 engine option and ws6 handling package. This and the cobra daytona coupe will keep me happy for a long time. I would like to see the 03/04 cobra come up in dlc just to complete my in game collection of favorite cars.

51 Gran Turismo RACING KART S125
I'm quite happy that PD decided to put a shifter kart into the game! :D

There's 2 cars I've noticed in the list after the 124 new cars that are either returning or are new, accent rally car 01, and the Audi auto union v16 type c streamline 37. There's probably more but I haven't been able to check the whole list yet.

They are returning cars from GT4. 👍

There's 2 cars I've noticed in the list after the 124 new cars that are either returning or are new, accent rally car 01, and the Audi auto union v16 type c streamline 37. There's probably more but I haven't been able to check the whole list yet.

This made me chuckle. You are like an inverted race driver. "Let's not go so fast, ok?" ;D
Lol, I know it sounds weird, but that's just how I feel. The spec numbers on those cars would put them around the 650pp range at stock. I would never be able to go anywhere near their top speed or use their max power with street tires on a number of tracks. A good example would be the F12s lap time on Laguna Seca being slower than cars with less power. I like power, but useable power...I enjoy driving, not drag racing.

And how about that Ferrari N24 that nobody was supposed to talk about? Did they forget about it?

I'm not surprised at all. Over the years we've seen this before. I remember a Maserati Spyder getting photographed before GT5 (before we ever had Maserati) and it never made it into the game.

I was referring to Forza 4, how there have been slight errors in the likeness of some cars due to the fact that extensive time wasn't taken to model each car. There are at least two examples within FM5 that are known so far, but I was just making a point, not bashing a title.

Modeling cars is modeling cars when it comes down to it, and you could say Forza 5 requires even more attention to detail given the power of the new console to display those models, they still pump out DLC packs at 10x the rate of PD.

I really think that PD will earn a lot of money through DLC updates. (E.g: Hypercar DLC (5-10€) with LaFerrari, P1, Agera R, Sesto Elemento, Ariel Atom, Veyron SuperSport...) I would pay for it as I'm stupid and live for cars haha

Also realise that they erased the Ferrari F1s. Maybe to bring them with updated Ferraris or Senna's F1s? Who knows, I really hope so to be honest. Never mind if it costs 5 or 10 euros, it's a shame that they aren't there from day 1 but...
FM5 has all of those standard, other than the La Ferrari, which was confirmed to be in the first DLC pack

I know it sounds weird, but that's just how I feel. The spec numbers on those cars would put them around the 650pp range at stock. I would never be able to go anywhere near their top speed or use their max power with street tires on a number of tracks.

A man who knows his limits, and admits them. Very rare! :)

Modeling cars is modeling cars when it comes down to it, and you could say Forza 5 requires even more attention to detail given the power of the new console to display those models, they still pump out DLC packs at 10x the rate of PD.
There is more than one approach to 3d modeling. You can import an almost completed data and work from there or you can start from scratch and use the data provided by the manufacturer as part of your reference as PD does. It's obvious which one takes longer. Requiring attention and actually giving attention are two different things, and yes, I know Turn10 puts out more DLC than PD. Turn 10 has a larger staff and don't spend as long photographing, measuring, and tasting cars which allows them to beat GT to the punch in that area. I said it was PDs weakness when I made my comparison in my first quote. What's your point?

Last edited:
There may be hope for the car list just yet

I think other cars on the list are premium.

Take a look at the new time of day trailer. You will see a Mercedes Benz C9 '89 prototype racing with 5-6 other premium prototypes. We still havent seen any standards cars right? And the Mercedes C9 isnt listed as 'new' right?

Theres likely more then 125 new premium models, they just arent listed as such. Maybe 100 or so of the 800 returning standard cars have been converted to premium. If so GT6 is really looking up.

I'm super happy with the list.

All of the GT300 class cars
All of the GT2 class cars, ESPECIALLY M3!

Not sure what "Base Model" means for race cars, but I just can't wait till Dec 6th!

Guys, am I missing something or the new NSX is not in the list?
I read the list twice and I didn't find there, but it was seen in the trailer.
As is the new A45 AMG and E63 AMG. Most likely saving them for a final trailer or DLC.

Back