GT6 Official Car List Impressions/Thoughts

• Thread starter Prototyp3
  • 987 comments
Would have been a good opportunity to introduce the M4 as well, but noooooooooooooo.

Lol ikr I was gonna add that but I know the M4 just had it's debut and I doubt they could've added it so soon,with that being said I hope the M4 as well as the e30 an e36 are DLC which I honestly doubt will happen but one can always dream.

Too bad about the lack of Italia GT3, Mp4 12-C GT3, and Aston Martin DBR9 :( or Vantage GT3 for all that matter.I am happy they added the 2010 Team Oreca R8 LMS though :)

My turn:

Well, I think I should get the negative nonsense I have to say out of the way first. I'm annoyed that PD got rid of cars like the 2008 WRC cars & made the RMs official race cars. I was honestly hoping for more RMs like a Ferrari 458 RM based off the 458 challenge race car, but got dissappointed like the others and there's no new Audi Roadcars present. I also don't like the fact they didn't add any of the Fox Ford Mustangs or the normal SVT cobra mustangs from the 90s & 2000s. I'm also shocked to see no new BMW M powered cars like the F10 M5 or M135i hatchback as well as the great BMWs from the 80s & 90s such as the 8 series, e30 M3, & e28 M5.

Of course, the list seems to be not finished as there's no Toyota 2000GT or Sauber Mercedes C-9 race car listed in the new to GT6 secton and they were both in the latest trailer in Premium quality. So, there's still a bit of hope as well as dlc. Still though, it's annoying that they missed so many cars like that as well as some great cars from their home country too. I am not surprised about the lots of duplicates though. PD did state that they would put just about every car from GT5 into GT6.

Now for the Postive part. There are a lot of cars that I was hoping to be in the game though that were added to the game too. I don't even know where to start on what I like or what cars caught me off guard. I'm in disbelief that there's a Lamborghini Diablo GT road car in the game (a car that I haven't seen in a racing game since TDU). I'm also happy about the Mustangs they recently added; 2 2013 Mustangs that I loved are in (The GT500 was enough, but I got excited when I saw the Boss 302 appear) and I was really excited when I saw that Premium Shelby GT350 pass by in the trailer. The Subaru Impreza S206 is another example of great choices that I can think of. I also welcome the Corvette Sting Ray Racer Concept as it will make a great opponent for the Shelby Cobra Daytona & Ford GT40.

So yeah, there's a lot of cars that I'm irritated that weren't in GT6, but at the same time there's a lot of cars that are in GT6 that put a smile on my face. I'm really excited to play this game now! The cars shown give me so many event ideas that I would make up in Online lobbies if given the chance.

there are cars in the new trailer missing from the list..
Mclaren F1 race car
Ford mustang 65 1/5 * yes its in the trailer and i can promise you its not the one we have in gt5 since it has its bumper!
BMW m3 race car..

Why is everyone still droning on about the cars that existed in GT5? We know for sure that PD will include all cars from GT5, and even if it's a duplicate, it would make no sense to get rid of any of them.

oh yea the charger srt8 ugly car, i still cant believe dodge brings back that name along with the dart and they look like junk... but at least its another good car for drag racing and daytona.

Why is everyone still droning on about the cars that existed in GT5? We know for sure that PD will include all cars from GT5, and even if it's a duplicate, it would make no sense to get rid of any of them.

They said the same about tracks, and Top Gear's is gone.

If all the GT5 legacy cars will be on 6, why aren't they on the list?

oh yea the charger srt8 ugly car, i still cant believe dodge brings back that name along with the dart and they look like junk... but at least its another good car for drag racing and daytona.
Really I like the Dart since it is pretty much a Alfa Romeo Giulietta.

I read the article, and knew it wasn't original. Nice job tryin' to patronize me, but you'll have to do better than that. I guess they scanned a modified example then. I'm still not fully convinced they didn't come from the factory that way, and you have yet to provide any proof.
Damn, you're sensitive! Look, I didn't mean to offend you, ok?

Congrats by the way, looked it up and seems as if you're right after all. Ultra rare and rather weird combo though!

Understaffed + overworked = PD. They truly need more modelers. More.

The conclusion I came to after checking the main GT page is: "In a future update...."
I couldn't agree more. They have the intentions, but they just go about it at their own pace. It also stands that PD are perfectionists. Instead of just importing CAD data straight from manufacturers, like most racing titles, PD must go to each vehicle to take photos and get a feel of the car themselves. Its great in that their modeling is always accurate, which can't be said for Forza, but the rate at which the cars make it to the game is painfully slow in comparison. I see this as PD's greatest shortcoming and I do hope that their team expands.

On a positive note, they are doing their best to try and satisfy the community. The new car list does not feel complete IMO, but it is still pleasing. I do wish Kaz would take two hints tho: get rid of duplicate cars, and go for a bit more popular ones.

It's actually 124, which already includes a whole bunch of dupes. That gives us roughly 100 new cars... Depressingly disappointing.

The point has been made three times now. The first thing I did when I saw the car list was read it, not count it. I was going off PD's previous statements. With all the cars in the world, there's no way everyone will ever be completely happy no matter what the number is. It's impossible. I agree, they should have done more in three years, but don't forget that PD is really going to push DLC this time around, and I am inclined to think they have another 70-100 waiting in the wings.

Last edited:
I think PD needs to trim some very excessive fat. There absolutely no need for literally 30 Mazda MX5/Miatas. That sort of nonsense is what makes GT a mockery of itself. Kaz even acknowledged there are far too many redundant models. It will be great to finally get those Stealth models though! Unfortunately, seeing them grouped with GT5 ports and polished Standards, kinda makes me feel meh about the Premium cars from GT5.

I'm really glad they added a bunch of everyday cars. I'm also excited for the Cadillac, 'Stang, R18, and a bunch of other cars.
I'm also disappointed that a lot of hyper cars weren't added. But I bet there'll be a DLC for 'em.

We still dont know what could be included with the patch and first month of DLC. 12 cars and a track could be what we get plus, "special" downloadable models ( like the Prototype Corvette), free and payed. Evwn if PD add 6-10 cars a month, thats still 72-120 cars per year.

Its great in that their modeling is always accurate, which can't be said for Forza, but the rate at which the cars make it to the game is painfully slow in comparison. I see this as PD's greatest shortcoming and I do hope that their team expands.

ummmmmmmmm......

3757.Forza5_5F00_CarReveal_5F00_Ariel_5F00_Atom_5F00_WM_5F00_1BE5659C.jpg

A1q6f2Q.jpg

We still dont know what could be included with the patch and first month of DLC. 12 cars and a track could be what we get plus, "special" downloadable models ( like the Prototype Corvette), free and payed. Evwn if PD add 6-10 cars a month, thats still 72-120 cars per year.

In three years they managed only 120 cars and you think that they could do 120 per year, considering all the developments and updates that the game will need?

Pretty optimistic.

it would make no sense to get rid of any of them.
I personally removed it because they create confusion and make the car list less balanced.
Now the dealer is unique, I hope I don't go crazy when I see Mazda, Honda and Nissan dealer.
Have some special version is sexy, have 30 mx-5/miata/eunos roadster is meaningless.

I am pretty pleased with the new cars added to GT6. There were some older muscle cars I would have liked to seen added, but not really going to lose any sleep over it. Just happy to have the new cars added in addition to the old GT5 standbys.

..Not sure, why people are saying there are Premium and Standard cars...

from the official website

Car Dealerships
All available cars are displayed under their respective manufacturers. There are no longer distinctions made between Premium and Standard cars as in the previous version of GT, but Standard equivalent cars will only have simplified cockpit views.

Back