GT6 Prologue

Will there be a GT6 Prologue?

• Yes

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 95 66.0%

• Total voters
I wouldn't mind it, if GT6 ends up on PS4. And they should not overdo it, i don't want a prologue to look better than the final game like it did with GT5.

I wouldn't mind it, if GT6 ends up on PS4. And they should not overdo it, i don't want a prologue to look better than the final game like it did with GT5.
Exactly. They shouldn't have tried to make prolouge look amazing and then disappoint us with the actual game.

Actually GT5P was a just a game that covered up the bad things about GT5 with the good things about GT5. That's why it ended up looking better than GT5.

And no, GT6 Prologue is unnecessary.

It would be nice to see what they're up to, in a playable version a.k.a a prologue/demo. But if one isn't to be released then I don't think it would hurt.

I think it depends on how long we have to wait for GT6. If GT6 is a PS3 release and only 1.5 years away (Holiday Shopping Season, 2013), then I don't think there is a need. If it is going to be released later, or a PS4 release then a GT6 Prolouge released sometime before that might help keep everyone calm while waiting to GT6.

What if they release it as a download from PS store..like they did with GT Academy...

I don't get why they did it in the first place. I know why they've kept doing them, because Sony saw $$, but why in the first place? You don't see it in any other game series so why did PD think it was a good idea?

But why? Like I said, nobody else does it. They release a demo from their near final release but nobody releases 'Work In Progress' games on purpose.

I don't see why not. "Just because the cool kids aren't doing it doesn't mean you shouldn't." ;)

Last edited:
But why? Like I said, nobody else does it. They release a demo from their near final release but nobody releases 'Work In Progress' games on purpose.

They just probably thought of it as a preview of the new graphics and physics. And it turned out to be a great move, because sales of Prologue pretty much covered the development costs of GT5, which means GT5 was pure money for Sony.

GT5P was one of PD's single greatest wasted opportunities. Prologues are great ideas, but only if used right. If GT6P will be another GT5P, then forget it. If PD uses it to tweak the final game, then it could be a good idea. Paying 75% full price to be a beta tester doesn't sound appealing though, especially after GT5P.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

You buy the games when they are in beta, and you can then work with the devs to iron out bugs and add desired features.

Everyone saying there shouldn't be prologue, I agree too. Make a FREE downloadable demo like every other game does.
That would be a game demo, and chances are that this demo can only be made possible if the full game is completed.

There should not but I'm afraid there will be a GT6 Prologue.

At least we can get a taste of the game before it comes out. But as others have mentioned, we don't want PD to do another GT5 Prologue.

GT5P was one of PD's single greatest wasted opportunities. Prologues are great ideas, but only if used right. If GT6P will be another GT5P, then forget it. If PD uses it to tweak the final game, then it could be a good idea. Paying 75% full price to be a beta tester doesn't sound appealing though, especially after GT5P.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

You buy the games when they are in beta, and you can then work with the devs to iron out bugs and add desired features.

How is that the same?

Back