GT6 Prologue

Will there be a GT6 Prologue?

• Yes

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 95 66.0%

• Total voters
Kinda seems like it would defeat the purpose of being a Prologue if they appended it to GT5. It wouldn't get as much buzz if it was "just" DLC.

Say, if GT6 comes on PS3, and PD give us a preview of the gameplay with GT5 graphics, cars, and tracks (or just a few new tracks), improve engine sounds, give us exciting races to play with the given content, improve more things here and there, and released it today as a demo on PS Store (either for free or for some low price, under 10$), then yes, I would buy it.

But since this is not going to happen I actually won't. I'm going back to PC driving simulations, wait and see how GT6 turns out. We don't even know what console it will be on, it's just too early for speculations like this to be serious I think.

It would have to include something new. The graphics and probably the physics too are not going to be very different from GT5, so that's not going to have the same attraction as GT5P had.

I guess I would need some new innovative feature like a livery editor or something similar to be interested enough to buy it. Or an extremely cheap price tag.

for the PS3.

No.

If GT6P is for PS4, then yes if it will be used properly. In other words as a massive beta test, and PD's aim is high fidelity simulation and not sim-lite.

What would be strange about a GT6 Prologue is no matter which platform it's on they will have no excuse not to include all 220 premium cars from GT5. If it only comes with 50 of them what is their reasoning going to be? We cut them out on purpose because 220 is a few too many cars for our paid demo?

Physics, which is vastly more important than car models to me. If those cars can't be accurately modeled, well there is your reason to leave them out.

But surely any car's physics is just determined from a list of variables that are then fed into the physics engine? Weight, power, suspension values etc etc?

I mean there have been various tweaks to the physics throughout GT5 but I'm pretty certain they haven't gone back and editied the variables for each car each time. As long as they're correct in the first place they shouldn't need changing, no?

I dont want a prologue,
I dont want GT6 on the PS3,
Id like to see the PS4 launch Q4 this year with GT6

If GT6 prologue releases on PS3/4 ill buy it
If GT6 releases on PS3/4 ill buy it

You get the picture

What would be strange about a GT6 Prologue is no matter which platform it's on they will have no excuse not to include all 220 premium cars from GT5. If it only comes with 50 of them what is their reasoning going to be? We cut them out on purpose because 220 is a few too many cars for our paid demo?
Who is to say that they would cut them out?

A prologue will have features for the coming game, so it's reasonable to expect cropped elements of that (reflected also by a cropped price) and enough cars to make it work. I know this will get shot at due to the differences between GT5:P and GT5 - but as I said up there, that was an exception. There is nothing except that one time to say the same thing will happen again.

With GT6 possibly coming out this year though, a prologue isn't likely. Maybe a GT7:P will happen, as has been suggested here.

Looking at the poll, it is interesting that despite the usual nay-sayers, the vote is still in favour of yes.

I dont want a prologue,
I dont want GT6 on the PS3,
Id like to see the PS4 launch Q4 this year with GT6

If GT6 prologue releases on PS3/4 ill buy it
If GT6 releases on PS3/4 ill buy it

You get the picture

You are contradicting yourself :sly:

But surely any car's physics is just determined from a list of variables that are then fed into the physics engine? Weight, power, suspension values etc etc?

I mean there have been various tweaks to the physics throughout GT5 but I'm pretty certain they haven't gone back and editied the variables for each car each time. As long as they're correct in the first place they shouldn't need changing, no?

The list of variables needs to be collected and entered in the first place; for a new game I'd assume that the number of variables would go up. For GT6 it could go up significantly depending on how realistic PD wants the game to be. They might also make multiple models (for example leaf spring suspension and coils) some of which might not be ready for Prologue.

:) got me there.

I actually quite enjoyed GT5:P it was tougher than GT5 and I do hope they don't make the AI as idiot friendly next time in deference for the casual gamer. But as you say, there are already too many people wanting GT6 to be what they want...

I remember saying I wouldn't want a prologue, but it'll be to hard to ignore so I voted yes, I'll pretty much purchase it.

Yh i know, that was the point, too many people want GT6 to be too many things to please them all, but i bet you that most of them will buy it regardless, myself included.

Very true. :) Me and my brother were discussing about it, and you're pretty much correct on that. Any fan, no matter what, they'll always buy that said game they're a fan of. lol

No. It's been nearly two and a half years, I don't want a game even less complete than GT5.

QFT.

Enough with the prologue garbage already. If it isn't ready don't release anything.

Jerome

The list of variables needs to be collected and entered in the first place; for a new game I'd assume that the number of variables would go up. For GT6 it could go up significantly depending on how realistic PD wants the game to be. They might also make multiple models (for example leaf spring suspension and coils) some of which might not be ready for Prologue.
Well... maybe. This gets into the whole game development cycle issue, but I'd think that if a Prologue was ready, the physics and dynamics work for the game was pretty much done.

But I do expect that PD is working to model those components more accurately and individually this time, given the fast ram and abundant processor power available in PS4. Then again, if they're making it for PS3, the improvements won't be as dramatic or involved, but I still expect some. If nothing else, bodyroll should be back in which we had in the previous GT games, along with some better tire modeling. Damage, I don't know, but I'm not too fussed about it. In every area though, I expect improvements in all areas. If they have to drop resolution to 720p to enable proper particle effects and shaders, I hope they bite the bullet and do it.

And on the content for a potential Prologue, of course it will be limited. It'll be like an "episode 0" of a new show, and prologues have never had all that many cars and tracks. GT5P was quite the exception, and even it only had a handful of cars and tracks to keep us entertained for a year. And by all indications, Kaz was trying to get GT5 wrapped up by 2009. Jordan was even shown a release schedule for holiday 2009 by SONY officials that had GT5 for release by December 2009, and produced an article for it that had us all in a tizzy for it, but it obviously didn't happen.

I don't expect anything like this for GT6 because there was a small global tantrum when we learned that GT5 had been delayed indefinitely. Even the three day delay in November 2010 caused an uproar. Delays are par for the course with Gran Turismo, but I expect them to be much shorter from now on, and Kaz talking release when they're more sure about it.

Anyhow, to heck with this net stuff, gotta race.

That's a rather stupid statement. If that were true any series, game, music artist, movie or otherwise, would be popular for all of eternity.

How is it a stupid statement? He's not saying once it's popular it's popular for all of eternity. I think he's saying some people become fans of some for the rest of their lives. For a lot of people, once they become enough of a fan of a group or product they will support that for a long long time. I will buy anything PD releases just like I will buy any game from Naughty Dog, any studio album Dave Matthews or Pink Floyd(not that they will release anything unfortunately), watch every episode of The Office even if latest seasons haven't been all that good, etc. For some people, me included, Gran Turismo has become more than just a video game. It's something I grew up with and has that "heimat" feeling for me. I don't think he meant it is like that for all fans of the game or everyone who has ever enjoyed it.

How is it a stupid statement? He's not saying once it's popular it's popular for all of eternity. I think he's saying some people become fans of some for the rest of their lives. For a lot of people, once they become enough of a fan of a group or product they will support that for a long long time.

Pretty much this is what I meant, no worries good ol SimonK. :) Call of Duty is also a good example, even Super Mario despite doing the same thing with added improvements, there are people still fans of that game and supporting it. :D

Just like us, the GT fans. We still support GT because well, we grown up with it and loved it, despite theres talk about its sales and wanting improvements (which I'm sure PD are now doing now for GT6). :)

...because there was a small global tantrum when we learned that GT5 had been delayed indefinitely...
:) I like it. I've only been hanging around here since a few months before GT5 came out, but I can fully imagine that reaction. Nicely put 👍

It is a shame that GT6 if on the PS3 isn't likely to have a prologue, what with the game quite possibly coming out very quickly after it is announced. Maybe a demo though? Something similar to the GT Academy that ran over Christmas 2009.

Last edited:
That's a rather stupid statement.
Simon, I'm hoping that sometime we can start having cordial conversations with you, because it seems like every time you post in a thread, you swing a hammer. Relax and stuff. ;)

:) I like it. I've only been hanging around here since a few months before GT5 came out, but I can fully imagine that reaction. Nicely put 👍
You should have been here in the early spring. E3 2009 was still months away and people were beginning to really get grouchy from lack of news here. amar212, our resident GT insider, posted a cryptic message with all kinds of hints about many aspects of GT5 we'd love, couched in allusions to weather and birds and all kinds of poetic fluff. And that satisfied the folk here for about two weeks. :D

On GT6 Prologue, that's something I've been wondering about for some time, if we'd get one. And hints keep dropping like the prelude to rain that we won't be waiting for GT6 too much longer, which does make a Prologue less likely. Unless Prologue is what they're hinting about.

And I doubt that's it. We'd have another global riot to quell if that was the case, even as many of the complainers would be running to shops to make pre-orders on it. A demo is a real possibility though, as we have had a couple of them courtesy of PSN and the Store. Thank heaven E3 is just 50 days off.

I voted yes as the PS4 isn't out.

The only issue I have is to whether I would buy GT6 on PS3 if I had the PS4 in which case I don't think I would.

Latest Posts

Back