GT6 Q/A

• Thread starter BHRxRacer
  • 1,535 comments
Speaking of patches ect, has anyone seen a link to the Ascari launch party as yet, been looking around and nothing showing. Fellow members, mods, T-12, Famine, Jordan, Kaaaaaaz! Anyone? interested in hearing from the horses mouth about the details of what this will include.

Speaking of patches ect, has anyone seen a link to the Ascari launch party as yet, been looking around and nothing showing. Fellow members, mods, T-12, Famine, Jordan, Kaaaaaaz! Anyone? interested in hearing from the horses mouth about the details of what this will include.
When does it start?

There was someone that posted pics about 2 hours ago. Looks very fun. I don't remember which thread it was though...

It was in the News & Discussion thread, who would of thought eh? ;)

BabW1D1IUAAz8hI.jpg

(Might have to zoom in)

I assume all times are GMT+1, since it's in Ronda.

@sayba2th @fortbo

So if RM cars are no more, does that mean that we can now put racing numbers on all cars or does it mean we've lost the ability to number our cars?

I prefer the RM in GTauto.

Further more PoDi didn't ad any new RM in GT6 so I wish they didn't give up this concept.

Okay, there are 18 new "Base Models" in the GT6 car list. These "Base Models" are the equivalent of an RM car!

Instead of purchasing a car then "modifying" it, we are just going to buy one that is already modded... So, when added to the 27 that were in GT5, we will have 45 in GT6 that are already done for us - all we do is paint, add parts (wheels, turbo/supercharger, ECU, etc.) and add/change the number!

The only difference between GT5 RM's and their GT6 counterparts is that they will not be called an RM!

I would say they are equivalent. You can paint them and change the number on them. Just like an RM car.

Let's take an example.

Honda NSX GT500 Base Model '08

Is this a race modified version of an NSX? No way.

It is a GT500 car without the livery. GT500 cars are built on spaceframes, and bear basically no mechanical resemblance to the road cars. The shell is made to look more or less like the road car it's "based" on, but will be modified as much as necessary to meet aero and regulatory requirements.

It's not an NSX, it simply looks like one for marketing purposes. The only way you'd ever modify an NSX into a GT500 NSX is by setting it on fire and starting from scratch.

So that one at least is not a Race Modified version. Some may be modifications of road cars, but I think you'll find a lot of the race cars are so far removed from the cars they're named after that they're really not the same in any sensible fashion.

Hence why I don't think it's fair to describe them as Race Modified. They're not modified, they're purpose built.

Let's take an example.

Honda NSX GT500 Base Model '08

Is this a race modified version of an NSX? No way.

It is a GT500 car without the livery. GT500 cars are built on spaceframes, and bear basically no mechanical resemblance to the road cars. The shell is made to look more or less like the road car it's "based" on, but will be modified as much as necessary to meet aero and regulatory requirements.

It's not an NSX, it simply looks like one for marketing purposes. The only way you'd ever modify an NSX into a GT500 NSX is by setting it on fire and starting from scratch.

So that one at least is not a Race Modified version. Some may be modifications of road cars, but I think you'll find a lot of the race cars are so far removed from the cars they're named after that they're really not the same in any sensible fashion.

Hence why I don't think it's fair to describe them as Race Modified. They're not modified, they're purpose built.
Ok, I think you've convinced me that I'm wrong:P

From all things which PD did(n't) in GT6 is the most "don't understandable" for me that, they haven't included Seattle Circuit :(
It might be possible to recreate Seattle Circuit when the Course Maker is released. Although it won't be exact, especialy the scenery; you could use the Ronda, Spain location to make a 'city' feel.

It seems Forza get the licence so that PoDi had to remove it from GT6.
Big mistake.

Well, I would say it's gone for now. Turn10 said they weren't going to do exclusive licenses anymore, so if they got the exclusive license for Top Gear they'd be going back on their word...then again, they did promise people who pre-ordered Forza 5 enough tokens to buy any car in the game and then proceeded to make some cars worth more than the game itself...and as an "apology" temporarily lowered the prices. So...yeah..

Have we figured out whether the new front aero components also add front aero points and how much? Do the rear wings add different levels of aero or just the standard 20?

Back