* * * GT6 QUICK TUNE * * * TUNISMO APP NOW AVAILABLE FOR iOS!

Hi,

I used to use your GT5 tuning sheet and app and now I've tried 4.1 for a few tunes and now a couple on 4.2 on GT6, all seems to be working fine here although I get the red numbers for toe angle, brake balance and downforce too. Using Apache Open Office 4.0.1. The numbers generated seem to work fine, just had me scratching my head as I thought I was doing something wrong and the values were invalid or out of range.

Thanks for sharing your hard work.

Cheers.

Mark

Just dropped by to tell you thanks for your 'quick tune' spreadsheet 👍👍👍. I've been so busy learning how forums/threads/posts/links/BB Code/URL/etc/ and tunings work that time just slipped by and I forgot to send you a post, my apologies. Having lots of fun with it, and also your pictures are fantastic:boggled:, I'd really like to know how you do it? (I know this is not the thread to answer this so you can send me a PM if you find the time to answer here or not.)

Hi,

I used to use your GT5 tuning sheet and app and now I've tried 4.1 for a few tunes and now a couple on 4.2 on GT6, all seems to be working fine here although I get the red numbers for toe angle, brake balance and downforce too. Using Apache Open Office 4.0.1. The numbers generated seem to work fine, just had me scratching my head as I thought I was doing something wrong and the values were invalid or out of range.

Cheers.

Mark

This is actually extremely helpful. I've been using an older version of Open Office, and when I upgraded to the current version the red number glitch appeared for me also. This should help me track down the problem and fix it. Thanks.

Just dropped by to tell you thanks for your 'quick tune' spreadsheet 👍👍👍. I've been so busy learning how forums/threads/posts/links/BB Code/URL/etc/ and tunings work that time just slipped by and I forgot to send you a post, my apologies. Having lots of fun with it, and also your pictures are fantastic:boggled:, I'd really like to know how you do it? (I know this is not the thread to answer this so you can send me a PM if you find the time to answer here or not.)

Thanks for the compliment. I'm not sure my photos are as good as the guys in the photomode forum, some of the shots in there are truly mind blowing. I took some photography classes in school (with film!), so I know a little bit about composition, but I'm not sure I could explain how to do it. I usually snap 10 to 20 photos of a car (using different environments, angles, settings, filters, etc.) before going though and selecting the best one. It's also important to choose a background that suits the car, as I think it helps the brain perceive a photo as realistic as opposed to looking like a video game. You probably wouldn't want to shoot a Kubelwagen at Kart Space, for example. On the other hand, a NSX at Tsukuba makes visual sense and seems natural. In the same way, a Yellowbird would look most at home on the Nordschleife. Hope that helps.

Hi,

Cheers.

Mark

Good to know I'm not the only one seeing the red numbers...the red also pops up for the the Torque Distributing Center Differential. I just grabbed Quick Tune v4.2 and the red is still there.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm not sure my photos are as good as the guys in the photomode forum, . . .
I think your photos are pretty good! In fact, I was thinking about contributing a few of my tunes (from QT6), but thought that I couldn't produce the quality pics that you are putting out & didn't want to mess up or cheapen the theme of things.

I think your photos are pretty good! In fact, I was thinking about contributing a few of my tunes (from QT6), but thought that I couldn't produce the quality pics that you are putting out & didn't want to mess up or cheapen the theme of things.
Well, if you feel like it you can PM me five to ten of your favorite tunes using QT short hand (i.e. 4-0-0-0.0-2) for brevity. Chances are good I'll own at least a few of them, and I'll pick the most thread worthy ones, snap some photos and post them up. About 80% of my garage consists of premium road cars, so that would be a good place to start.

Last edited:
12787683574_9fa76d31d1_c.jpg

McLaren F1 GTR Race Car Base Model '95 - 1,750,000

Oil Change - 250
Improve Body Rigidity - 27,500 (Est.)
Tires: Racing Hard - 0
Engine: Stage 3 - 57,500

Total Investment - 1,835,250

PP: 647
734 HP @ 7700 RPM
565 LB-FT @ 6300 RPM
1,050 KG
1.43 KG/HP
Weight Distribution: 47/53

Quick Tune Settings (v4.2):

Suspension Level: 4
Corner Entry Balance: 0
Corner Exit Balance: -2
Base Camber Angle: 0.0
LSD Strength: 2
Spread: 100.0%
Scale: 100.0%

Ride Height: 53 / 56
Spring Rate: 23.39 / 27.06
Dampers (Compression): 8 / 8
Dampers (Extension): 7 / 9
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 / 4
Camber Angle: 0.0 / 0.0
Toe Angle: 0.00 / 0.65
Brake Balance: 6 / 4

Transmission Instructions:

Set Final Gear to 4.673
Set Max Speed to 168 MPH (270 KPH)

1st Gear: 3.112
2nd Gear: 2.129
3rd Gear: 1.595
4th Gear: 1.245
5th Gear: 1.000
6th Gear: 0.822
Final Gear: 3.950

Initial Torque: - / 12
Acceleration Sensitivity: - / 24
Braking Sensitivity: - / 16

Downforce: 500 / 700

ABS 1, all other aids off.

Last edited:
so far 4.2 works fine with me, note : still use "hp" as base, haven't try "ps" or "kw"

I used 4.2 for the first time last night, and I gotta say that after I dialed everything in, my car performed rather nicely, though I still need to tweak the settings some more since I simply used the spreadsheet to get me through some of the career events...finally completed the National A events. The only issues I have (though they are fairly minor), are the red letters, and I also noticed that 4.2 won't let me enter the name of the make/model I'm working on like 4.1 did. As I said, this is not a big deal...I can just include the name of the vehicle in the file name when saving my work.

I used 4.2 for the first time last night, and I gotta say that after I dialed everything in, my car performed rather nicely, though I still need to tweak the settings some more since I simply used the spreadsheet to get me through some of the career events...finally completed the National A events. The only issues I have (though they are fairly minor), are the red letters, and I also noticed that 4.2 won't let me enter the name of the make/model I'm working on like 4.1 did. As I said, this is not a big deal...I can just include the name of the vehicle in the file name when saving my work.

Oops, you're right, I forgot to make the vehicle cell unprotected. I'm pretty sure I have the red number bug fixed, too. At this point I'm just cleaning up some formulas, unless somebody brings up another problem I should have 4.2 finalized for release pretty soon.

Version 4.2 is now posted to the main page. Notable changes from v4.1:

User is now able to choose between HP, KW, and PS for the power entry field.

Red number bug should now be fixed.

Fixed potential rounding errors with the damper extension formulas.

Please let me know if any new issues crop up. Thanks.

Is it possible to unprotect it? It is asking for a password when I try to unprotect it. Thanks!

Hmmm, I didn't see anything about a password...only thing I see is a message saying "protected cells cannot be modified", or something to that effect. Not a big deal though - just add the name of the vehicle to the file name when saving.

Hmmm, I didn't see anything about a password...only thing I see is a message saying "protected cells cannot be modified", or something to that effect. Not a big deal though - just add the name of the vehicle to the file name when saving.
When I went to unprotect it, it asked for a password. ??? It never did that before. ??? Usually if it has protection, I unprotect it & save it and use it normally; saving files by the car manufacturer & model. The problem is solved now! Thanks!!

Last edited:
When I went to unprotect it, it asked for a password. ??? It never did that before. ??? Usually if it has protection, I unprotect it & save it and use it normally; saving files by the car manufacturer & model. The problem is solved now! Thanks!!
I've always had password protection enabled, but for some reason it never worked properly until I upgraded to the newest version of Open Office. Even though the formulas are no longer secret, I still prefer to have it locked. If anyone else wants an unprotected version for modification purposes, send me a private message.

I haven't tested with the older version but with your beta version the numbers seem off for FF cars that I have tried to tune with QT. No matter what values I enter (ie: -3, -3 for corner entry and exit balance) I always end up with spring rates and roll bar settings making the front stiffer which just adds to the understeer of the car. I have had great results with FR/MR cars though so I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong? I tried the settings reversal thing which helped reduce understeer to a certain degree but far from the degree I was looking for.

I've always had password protection enabled, but for some reason it never worked properly until I upgraded to the newest version of Open Office. Even though the formulas are no longer secret, I still prefer to have it locked. If anyone else wants an unprotected version for modification purposes, send me a private message.
I certainly understand & respect the password protection. I don't mess with any formulas, I just do minor cosmetics as well as worksheets for various settings per car; e.g., 40002 & 30002 settings for the same car I will set up two worksheets all in the same file per car, etc. I really appreciate you allowing me to do all that with an unprotected copy!

I haven't tested with the older version but with your beta version the numbers seem off for FF cars that I have tried to tune with QT. No matter what values I enter (ie: -3, -3 for corner entry and exit balance) I always end up with spring rates and roll bar settings making the front stiffer which just adds to the understeer of the car. I have had great results with FR/MR cars though so I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong? I tried the settings reversal thing which helped reduce understeer to a certain degree but far from the degree I was looking for.
Something sounds "out of wack?" I would suggest trying out some of the tunes posted earlier and see how they work for you! Just a thought?

I think you've got the balance function backwards. Negative numbers are supposed to increase understeer. You want to use positive numbers on FF vehicles. Also, the balance function does not affect swaybars. If you're getting harder front swaybars on FF vehicles you've either got invert roll resistance selected or you've entered the weight distribution incorrectly.

I think you've got the balance function backwards. Negative numbers are supposed to increase understeer. You want to use positive numbers on FF vehicles. Also, the balance function does not affect swaybars. If you're getting harder front swaybars on FF vehicles you've either got invert roll resistance selected or you've entered the weight distribution incorrectly.

Ahah. Stupid me neglected to do the first thing I should have which was to try the values the other way as you mention! Now it feels muuuuuuch better :) Thanks for the reply :cheers:

Having done that now I see that putting corner entry balance at 3 makes the car have a far sharper turn-in :cool:. Setting corner exit balance to 3 also makes the back end of the car rotate more as I would expect. One thing that I notice though is that the rear toe setting stays well into the negative values regardless of whether or not I enter -3 or 3 into the corner exit balance field. I imagine this is to keep just enough traction in the rear to keep you honest?

Thank you sooooo much for making QT! :)👍

Last edited:
Well, the rear toe on FF and AWD cars is averaged based on both the entry and exit value. Therefore, having +3 and -3 is the same as having 0 and 0. And I think it helps to think of toe as not adding or reducing cornering grip (because it doesn't) but of increasing or decreasing stability, or willingness to change direction. The back end of a FWD car is inherently very stable. Reducing this rear end stability is one of the best ways to get a FF to rotate, and toe out is a good way of accomplishing this. Unlike RWD cars, I see no real benefit to running toe in on the rear of most FWD cars.

I just noticed something...I have both Excel and OpenOffice - with Excel, I get a message at the top saying "this file came from the internet, and may not be safe", and next to this is a button that says "Allow Editing"...I click on that and lo-and-behold, I am now able to enter data in all of the blue areas. With Open Office I'm able to edit without having to go through extra channels with the exception on the make/model info. Guess I'll just use Excel...it even saves my data without having to make a new file name...guess I learn something new every day lol.

Oh, okay will do. Done! By the way, did you happen to figure out why the red numbers were showing? Just curious.
Yeah, at one point early on I had conditional formatting set up for these cells, but I later removed it when I decided it was unnecessary. For some reason when the sheet was loaded into the newer version of Open Office the conditional formatting would switch back on, but since I removed the original values the cells would be interpreted as "out of range" even though they weren't.

12899379483_797e008e1a_c.jpg

SRT Viper GTS '02 - 90,400

Oil Change - 250
Improve Body Rigidity - 22,500
Tires: Sports Soft - 9,750
Height-Adjustable, Fully Customizable Suspension - 19,000
Racing Brakes - 8,500
Fully Customizable Dog-Clutch Transmission - 19,500
Twin-Plate Clutch Kit - 3,350
Carbon Drive Shaft - 4,400
Fully Customizable Mechanical Limited Slip Differential - 7,350
Engine: Stage 1 - 4,750