GT6 - Removed/Added Features

Nothing about mid-race saving, probably won't happen till GT7.

Wait. Were you being sarcastic?

I would say that the fact that they haven't mentioned that this feature will continue to exist is less likely because it isn't there, but because it is insignificant in the scope of all things GT6. I would bet it will be there.

Too bad, we could at least include it into the unconfirmed list, couldn't we?
I'm really hoping for that ,otherwise all endurance races are off limits for me...
Thanks Wardez

Wait. Were you being sarcastic?

I would say that the fact that they haven't mentioned that this feature will continue to exist is less likely because it isn't there, but because it is insignificant in the scope of all things GT6. I would bet it will be there.

Woah, sorry, I thought he meant outside of endurance races. Yeah, it should definitely still be there, at least for enduros.

I cound't see the number of cars that we're gonna get in GT6 that comes from GT5. I mean, the premiums..

GT5 premiums (.......) + GT6 new premiums (122) ?

Maybe someone can help me doing the math here:

Total Premiums = GT5 premiums - GT5 Premiums removed + GT6 New Cars + Cars Enhanced

- Removed PREMIUMS:
Ferrari F10 '10
Ferrari F2007 '07
Citroën C4 WRC '08
Ford Focus RS WRC 07 '08
Subaru IMPREZA WRC 2008 '08
Suzuki SX4 WRC '08
Nissan 370Z (Z34) (GT Academy Version) '08
Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA RM '05
Toyota 2010 Joey Logano #20 Camry (Fantasy)
Chevrolet Camaro SS Edge Special
Gran Turismo Red Bull X2010 5G
Nissan 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy Version) '08
Nissan GT-R Black edition (GT Academy Version) '12
Nissan GT-R Black edition Tuned Car (GT Academy Version) '12

(Not sure if Premium?) Nissan GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Special)
Nissan GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Version) '09
Nissan Leaf G (GT Academy Version) '11
Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) (GT Academy Version) '02
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec II (R32) (GT Academy Version) '94
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec II Nür (R34) (GT Academy Version) '02

----------
Total: - 19/20 ?

+ Added PREMIUMS = 7 Enhanced + 147 New cars (including Anniversary Editions) - 1 (Delta Wing) = 153

Total Premiums = GT5 premiums - 19or20? + 153 <=> GT5 premiums + 133or134

The problem is:
1- It's hard to tell how many premiums there are in GT5. The GT5 car list on gran-turismo.com is missing a few cars.
2- There may be more cars that were upgraded (enhanced) that we don't know about.

261 (approx.) from GT5, according to this website.

That's includes the removed WRC and Ferrari F1 cars, and all DLC, including Stealth/Chrome and later DLC's.

So the actual figure should be 255 from GT5 and then 123 from GT6.

Oh, then, if:
GT5 Premiums = +/-261 (<-- I can't confirm this but)
GT6 Premiums = 261 + 134 = +/-395 at least

Too bad, we could at least include it into the unconfirmed list, couldn't we?
I'm really hoping for that ,otherwise all endurance races are off limits for me...
Thanks Wardez
I just added it, but just as snowgt said, I was also assuming it would be there.

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post. I was missing the new Tunning: Rim Size Change.
As you can see bellow, you can use Standard Size, or (in this car case) put a 1 inch bigger rim:

i1U80XV4kfSmO.jpg

As it was being discuss on another thread, it is not known yet if a size change will affect handling/performance of the car.

These two images are from the same website. So maybe there is still a chance for our WRC cars...

week4_car3_lrg-jpg.83886

week4_car10_lrg-jpg.83887

Attachments

• Week4_car3_lrg.jpg
    Week4_car3_lrg.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Week4_car10_lrg.jpg
    Week4_car10_lrg.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 66
Any word on the 'inclusion' of KW's 7-post suspension rig ?. There was a GTP headpage story announcing it (I'd grab the link but on my phone & low on time), but thus far not a peep out of anyone expect KW-Suspension themselves, saying 'Yeah its in there, for replay-analysis.

Really hoping it serves more of a tuning-purpose than a replay gimmick.

Total Premiums = GT5 premiums - GT5 Premiums removed + GT6 New Cars + Cars Enhanced

- Removed PREMIUMS:

That car is returning. Like other RM's it's been renamed to either "Race Car" or "Rally Car".

1020 Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI Rally Car '05

Any word on the 'inclusion' of KW's 7-post suspension rig ?. There was a GTP headpage story announcing it (I'd grab the link but on my phone & low on time), but thus far not a peep out of anyone expect KW-Suspension themselves, saying 'Yeah its in there, for replay-analysis.

Really hoping it serves more of a tuning-purpose than a replay gimmick.
Sadly, I don't know any more info about that.

That car is returning. Like other RM's it's been renamed to either "Race Car" or "Rally Car".

1020 Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI Rally Car '05
Yes. It's probably the same car (99.99999% sure).
But because it lost the "STI spec C Type RA" designation, I considered it as a gt5 removed car and a gt6 new car (like the Lotus Europa year change and the 2000GT-B model version a/b). These are the 3 special cases of name changes that I didn't assume as "renaming".

But it's pretty safe to assume that they are the same.

But now that you mentioned that, the "2000GT-B" affects the previous math, because it was a standard car in GT5, and we are counting it as new premium in GT6 -_-" Also, it's hard to tell if those 3 cars coming back are fully premiums. So it's hard to give a definite number of premium cars on GT6.

Forza has the Top Gear license now. You can step away from the ledge. 👍
I can understand the confusion though. Both Microsoft and Sony held the license for FM4 and GT5. I think the reason Polyphony removed it is because Turn 10 wanted to make Top Gear super-involved in FM5's career mode, and that didn't sit well with Sony.

I can understand the confusion though. Both Microsoft and Sony held the license for FM4 and GT5. I think the reason Polyphony removed it is because Turn 10 wanted to make Top Gear super-involved in FM5's career mode, and that didn't sit well with Sony.

That's my impression too, early reviews of FM5 suggest that Top Gear stuff is splattered heavily throughout the game but GT barely made use of it.

- Removed PREMIUMS:
Ferrari F10 '10
Ferrari F2007 '07
Citroën C4 WRC '08
Ford Focus RS WRC 07 '08
Suzuki SX4 WRC '08

----------

+ Added PREMIUMS = 7 Enhanced + 147 New cars (including Anniversary Editions) - 1 (Delta Wing) = 153

The problem is:
1- It's hard to tell how many premiums there are in GT5. The GT5 car list on gran-turismo.com is missing a few cars.
2- There may be more cars that were upgraded (enhanced) that we don't know about.

Oh, then, if:

I just added it, but just as snowgt said, I was also assuming it would be there.

Thank you so much :D

Yes, that GT-R is premium:

6z9fiK8.jpg

And I have the GT-R GT Academy version of '12 and '09 too :D

So almost 400 premiums, and more to come! :)

Here's a "new" feature: Totally unnecessary flags for nationality of (in a-spec: fictitious) drivers to the right of their name in the HUD.

Instead of what's really needed: gap to car in front or leader for each car.
So true!! So totally unnecessary that I almost felt like not putting it up there, but oh well, it's been added.

Woah, sorry, I thought he meant outside of endurance races. Yeah, it should definitely still be there, at least for enduros.
My bad, I should have specified.

Thanks! However, based on the HUGE demand for that feature back in 2010/2011, I rather be sure we don't forget :) hopefully PD doesn't either... :nervous:

- Removed PREMIUMS:
Ferrari F10 '10
Ferrari F2007 '07
Citroën C4 WRC '08
Ford Focus RS WRC 07 '08
Suzuki SX4 WRC '08

----------

The problem is:

Oh, then, if:

The Impreza RM got renamed.

It seems as if i'm not allowed to post the link. The mods deleted it twice, but it is 100% GT6 related. It contains other pictures of new GT6 cars, so I assume the Subaru picture is also taken from GT6.

I ask because car pictures in the official web of GT5 has the same background. But i did not see that Subaru image in GT5 section neither GT6 section.

week3_car2_lrg-jpg.84351

week2_car2_lrg-jpg.84352

week3_car1_lrg-jpg.84353

week3_car4_lrg-jpg.84354

Two new and two old cars. Just like the Subaru WRC and the brand new Cadillac.

Attachments

• Week3_car2_lrg.jpg
    Week3_car2_lrg.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Week2_car2_lrg.jpg
    Week2_car2_lrg.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Week3_car1_lrg.jpg
    Week3_car1_lrg.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Week3_car4_lrg.jpg
    Week3_car4_lrg.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 47
Even if they gave you a 2zz swap, then you'd want a V6 swap. Then a turbo 2GR-FE swap. Then a Lexus V8 swap. Why stop there? Why not just swap the chassis to a race car. With a race engine.
I don't see any reason to restrict engine swaps at all. On the contrary I find it amazing and I think it would add nice variety if the game had basically unlimited engine swaps with just size restrictions (can't put the tank car engine into a city car). But if someone wants to build a rotary ferrari f40 or put one of the few not-horrible sounding big engines into some other car to replace a horrible sounding engine then why not? As for chassis swaps the game already has race car modifications... And race engines are nothing more than highly tuned normal engines which we can already do as well...

Why not go step further and allow people to convert cars from front engine to mid or rear engined cars? And then allow people to move around the transmission from front to back and so forth. Just by doing that the game could have a totally new aftermarket section for engines and drivetrains. Instead of buying just race transmission you could go shopping for different engines and gearboxes like you can do with cars. You can choose size, horsepower, price, type, model and brand.

Go buy a miata. Then go buy a v8 that fits into that car. Then decide to make it a mid engine v8 miata -> buy a conversion kit for the chassis and also buy transaxle gearbox.. Where is the problem? I think it would be amazing. Of course not all cars can be converted in every way because of size restrictions but a mid engine v8 miata is definitely doable.

Only problem I see from pd perspective for engine swaps is that the tachometers in the cockpits would not match with the engine revs as different engines have different redlines and such. Or an engine could rev to 12k but the car has a tach that only goes to 8k. But is that even an issue? Just add a small digital tach on the dash and be done with it:
http://www.xdesignlabs.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=35

And the Toyota 2000GT '67 and Mercedes Sauber C9 are both confirmed Premium now, even though they're not on the list.

Oh, and the Acura NSX Concept '13 is not in the game yet, either.

Back